Old 08-03-2004, 03:29 PM   #16  
my dad made me1 from wood

Rosie- GREAT job on the 2lbs… WTG
Marti- good luck on the interview I’d go shopping and get a new hot outfit to blow the others out of the water hehe…. Glad u got to sleep with ur hubby hehe.
Jana- I love the hot weather I miss being in Tx Georgia is hot but it’s a yucky hot… Ironing not fun.. I love blackberries send some my way hehe..
Jen- good job on doing ur exercises and keeping up with ur foods.
Cristi- I love muder mysteries I make my Dh watch cold case files and forecnsic files every night hehe… I haven’t read a good book in a while… Good luck with not dipping into ur points
Angie- I would love to join WW but its to expensive.. Was the movie good?
Tj- Great job on getting ur exercising in. I think u have something there with the scales I seem to do the same thing.
Sue- Sounds very hot and icky outside.

We had to take our puppy to the er late last night she was acting really sick she got some kind of virus and she started puking this am… So I slept most of the day. Then James took me to get my lab work result and then he surprised me by taking me to lunch. We had Mexican food it was yummyyy…. I haven’t exercised yet today but I will I think ill do my slim in 6 abs routine and maybe some jump rope or resist training..
Well talk to u girls later,
Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 06:02 PM   #17  
GmaTo8

I'm baaaaack....

Cristi and RosieKate - the good thing about WW is that you don't have to make the change, if it's an optional thing. For example, some people are doing last years' program still. If it's not an optional thing, like when they put a cap on fiber, that's different. I personally eat 21 flex points every week.... 3 a day. I read online somewhere to always eat them because if you don't, when you get to maintenance, you will have less for the rest of your life than if you do. Once I thought that over, it made sense to me. The more points, the merrier, as long as I am still losing, lol. I can't tell you how glad I am that you both are doing this! And Angie has been checking it out, too. Speaking of restarurants, (somebody was, weren't they??) did you guys get the list from Dottie's? I have about 100 pages printed out, and they sure come in handy! Keep those tips and info coming, ladies!

Marti - loved your colorful post! Glad James made it home. Dress pants and a buttoned blouse sounds fine for the interview. When I was in Personnel, I was impressed by anyone who knew some of the history of the company... do you know anything about the one you're trying for? Just curious....

Sue - hope you had a nice lunch with the in-laws, or is that an oxymoron, lol?

Heather - Indiana is yucky hot, too, with a humidity heat index of about 100. Hope your pup is better!

Sally - did you ever find your password so you can post?? If not, start over, ok?

Hi to the others...

Went shopping for a wedding gift and bought some towels and washcloths that the bride was registered for. By the time you pay for the gift, the gift bag, some tissue and a card, a person can have a small fortune spent! But she's my buddy, so it's all good.

I'm still trying to take a decent photo of me with my new glasses. So far, it's not working, lol. See you later!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 06:29 PM   #18  
kitty Momo

Hi.
If it is Tuesday we must be in Belguim. Remember that movie??

YAY- to RK and the 2 pounds lost!!

I can't keep up with this board, I get frustrated.....feel like I am ignoring/ shortchanging others if I dont say something to them.

Anyway,I am not going to say anything at all........lol

Shrek2 was good. I loved Puss In Boots (is that his name Cristi??) What a sexy voice Antonio has!! Gaby, Rach, And Rebecca all went along with a friend and of course Mike.
Gaby comes home tomorrow.
I am asking for Wednesday nights off to give me a chance to attend church. My supervisor hasn't answered yet but my boss is ok with it. So fingers crossed!! I would love to be able to do that.

Jana- I take bzillion pictures just to get a decent one. I am sure you are lovely in any of the shots, just post it!!!! lol

Best on your interview Marti.......

ok, gunna bail because I am forgeting people, hate that......sorry.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 07:56 PM   #19  

Looks like there are some wicked storms coming through here about midnight, tornadoes, hail, winds. Good. I love storms. I sit out on the porch and watch. I just wish it were 9:00 instead.

One of the gals at work has someone in the family with a potato farm, of all things. I'm getting 50lbs for my Grandma for $8. What a deal. She eats potatoes everyday, ya know, meat and potatoes. I would get so sick of that.

I went and ordered my pets meds on-line at 800petmeds.com, much cheaper. Anyway, had a blond moment. Ordered the wrong antibiotic for Angel. Now I have to figure out how to fix that. I guess it'll be pretty obvious by my vets prescription! But I have to fix the credit card order part of it. UGH. If I'd only pay attention to what I do.

Yay! Already warnings west of here! Maybe it will be before midnight!

Tomorrow is the big day with Bush and Kerry both in town, 5 blocks from each other. Streets downtown are already closed. The Mississippi River is even closed! Talk about a security nightmare! I would have liked to see Kerry, but it's by invitation only. What's that all about?

Well, I've blabbed enough. Time to go rest, maybe do something too!

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:07 PM   #20  

Height: 5'1"

Hi there ladies!!

Do pigs sweat?? Because I have to say...I'm sweating like a pig here!!

I didn'thave my A/C on today....I've been in and out of the house too many times and I guess you can call me paranoid because I don't leave it on when I'm not home. It's on now, but it will take some time to cool off the house.

Cristi--You thought of me today??? (awwww......I feel special!) Were you picturing me with an ax in my hand?? Now you must know...me trying to raise one to shoulder height is a huge task for me!! I have NO upper body strength what so ever!! But if you pictured stacking wood...then that's ok!

Jana--I'm going to have nightmares about the shirt until the interview is over with!! I'll be ok. Maybe I'll find a nice sweater to wear and I won't have to worry about buttons at all!! Glad you like the colorful post....I was in a great mood this morning. (still am)

Susan--Don't feel like you're ignoring anyone!! It's totally understandable-- trying to keep up here can be difficult...especially if you don't check the site like I do!!

Jen--Be careful in those weather warnings!! And make sure you don't send it here to Oregon because I'm a big baby!! When I lived in Illinois, (was only about half a year) the first thunder & lightening storm they had shocked the **** out of me!! We have them here too, but it NEVER sounds like it does back East!! I thought some one was trying to bulldoze the house down!! I don't even want to think about what it would be like to have a Tornado warning!!

Hello to all you gals out there!!

I may be picking James up in either Portland....or Albany. I'm hoping Albany since it's less than an hour drive compared to two hour drive to Porltand!! And this won't be until after midnight....so I'm not worried about traffic...I'm worried about being too tired!!

Went over to my grandpa's...of coarse he wasn't home. But my dad and mom stopped by. Haven't seen them since my grandma's funeral. Too long. I'm not in great spirits when my step-mom is around...she is to loud and a bit strange. I can't explain it....Shanna knows what I mean...she met her at the reception.... had a little visit with them before they headed back home (In Albany) they never seem to stay long. That bothers me. But what can I do? And when I go to visit, keeping a conversation going is something else!!

Oh well...enough of my grumplings on that.

I need to go cool off. YOu all take care
Marti

Last edited by M.N.J.; 08-03-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:10 PM   #21  
GmaTo8

Susan - ok, ok, I changed it. But it looks blurry! Oh well, I'm too tired to mess with it tonight. May change it later. Oh yeah, are you sure it was Belguim??? Anyway, I do remember that comedy, but I wasn't very old.... you musta been just a twinkle in your daddy's eye.

Jen - my earth science professor says, yep, you're gonna get it later.
Bad weather, that is, lol. I also would love to see Kerry. Save me a seat, ok?

Well, as you all see, I've been messing around with my avatar again to show you what my new glasses look like. The bad news is, my fat little face is OLD!! The good news is, the glasses barely show up.

Gonna go surf for awhile....
Old 08-03-2004, 09:10 PM   #22  

Jana--CUTE PICTURE!!!! I love how you change it all the time. I wish I could figure it out...I'd do the same. I even down loaded the stuff.....I'm just not that computer savvy I guess.
My picture is getting old. It's almost 2yrs old...time to update. I may have more gray and more wrinkles now!!!

Just had to comment on the cute photo!!
Old 08-03-2004, 09:11 PM   #23  
GmaTo8

Awwww, thanks Marti!
Old 08-03-2004, 09:59 PM   #24  

Just wanted to post a quickie to ask how much does it cost to join WW online? I was just curious about it since you girls are all having such GREAT success at it and I also have some family members who have lost lots on it too.

TIA!!!

Marti
Old 08-03-2004, 10:40 PM   #25  

Thought I should add....that I tried to get online to WW but it keeps saying page not found. Just in case you're wondering why I can't look it up myself!!
Old 08-03-2004, 10:47 PM   #26  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ya ladies~

Jen~I think we are going to be getting some of that weather here. It was sunny today, not a cloud in the sky until we were headed home at about 7:15. They said about a 20 or 30% chance of rain but unless it is over a 50% chance I don't pay attention to them. Now we have thunderstorm warnings, whichi is fine with me.

Jana~love the new avatar! And you are right, you can't tell you are wearing glasses-but I would love to see them up close to see what they look like. Don't we all take about 50 pictures before finding the "right" one we want others to see??? Does make sense about the Flex points. I was reading posts on WW and it amazed me how many are afraid to use them. I know they are there and will use if I have to but what you say does make sense so maybe I will rethink. Adding 3 a day still gives you extra for a special occasion-hmmm, gonna give it some serious thought.

Marti~you be very careful girly driving that late at night. About what WW costs online-they charge $29.95 for signing on, then it is $16.95 a month. But if you sign on for three months you save $15.95-not sure of the cents. I also saved another $10 for signing up when I did.-it was a total of $50 for me because I did sign up and pay for three months. I basically got 2 months free. Silly...no I was picturing you stacking the wood-just thought it was odd that they had ax lifting listed. Can't believe you turn your air off when you are not home. I always heard it is best to leave it on, but maybe leave at a higher temp, if you must. Because when you turn it off completely it takes longer to cool the house which in the end cost more than if you just left it on. Something to ponder.

Heather~hope the puppy is okay, and you too. Forgot to add, I watch the Cold Case Files and a lot of other stuff on A & E sometimes. What is the fascination with it all? I am not sure with me, but I think it is interesting how they solve those cases.

Susan~hey don't you worry about posting to everyone and I do know how you feel. We just love to hear from you and know that everything is fine with you. I feel a little overwhelmed at times trying to keep up with all the posts also, and hate when I miss a day. I am stumped on that line-what movie is it from? I know I have heard it before, just can't remember where.

RosieKate~know what ya mean. I don't plan on buying anything new, I have most of the stuff and now that I am online don't really need it. But I believe I will be sticking with the Flexpoints, of course I am curious to know what the changes will be.

Anyway...just wanted to check in real quick. Funny how real quick turns into 30 minutes later. I am off to bed. I have gotten into a nightly ritual where I go to bed at 10. I don't actually go to sleep but take a book in there and read and watch tv till anywhere from 11-2:30, depends what is on and if the book is good. V has been so dog tired lately I just go to bed when he does just to be close. And the light and tv doesn't bother him at all so...it is getting to be that time. I just wish my nose would quit running and I can breath. How the heck can your nose run and be stopped up at the same time?? Okay, have a good night ladies.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-03-2004 at 10:52 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:36 PM   #27  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

First off Marti, no bottoned shirts!...lol or maybe yes,,,hmmm not sure. i wore a bottoned shirt for my BDL interview,,,he had to leave the room for a moment and I then noticed my shirt was half undone...that could be why I got the job....hmmm one will never know.
YEs Cristi, of course it was all good stuff I was talking about.
Jana, love the new pic,,,as for me resending you a pic of me,,,well Ill snail mail that to you...lol easier on my brain.
Jen, so your babies are doing good ? Skittles is doing her cheatah thing again,,,,We try to stop her but shes wired from being house bound so long.
Heather,,,did you talk to the vet about the other problem with eating poo? Mexican yum! I love Mexican,,,I stuck a craving,,,we went to Taco Bell,,,I know sad excuse.
Normally we go to Santa Fe Grill but they were closed for renovations,,,I just heard they are now open,,Thank Goodness!
Sue,,,we have had two days of cold weather,,,could use some heat over here.

We were warned for sever thunder storms but so far nothing,,,a bit of a chilly wind,,,no sun. Tanner's foot ball practise was great except for the mosiquitos,,,yowezers they are out,,,one even flrew into my eye,,that was a funny image of me running to my van to get it out. You would think with all the repelent I am wearing they wouldn't come near me. Must be my sweet blood..lol
Well off to watch a bit of tv

seriously Marti, think comfort, and something you can wear again, short sleeved shirt (cotton) with pants.
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:40 PM   #28  
my dad made me1 from wood

Puppy doing a little better. She puked once today we take her in tomorrow for her 8weeks shots. I however, am now puking up again Hopefully the doctor will call tomorrow and say it just my meds are to high and to lower them and that will make me feel better.... I hate being sick and feeling depressed...I did do my 12minute ab workout today Im needing a new video I want the WATP 3mile power walk but wal-mart didn't have it.... Janna- Like ur new picture looks GREAT
Moms2gaby- its ok i do that all the time i feel bad when that happens.
Jen- Hey Im a blonde lol I think u had a brunette moment hehe.... jk
Marti- Thats a good question do pigs really sweat??? ill have to look that up.
EVERYONE ELSE HELLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Take Care,
Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:11 AM   #29  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

We are under storm watch until 4 a.m. I hope it just rains and sounds nice and soothing. Good sleeping.
I did good today and feel proud of myself. I had a slice of melon this a.m. then soup and salad for lunch. I thought that was pretty good since we went to Red Lobster. Thank goodness I am not a seafood lover. I walked 2 miles and then had lowfat cottage cheese and tomatoes for dinner with some club crackers. I know I didn't drink all my water today, but did quite well. I think I am getting back on track...if I can keep it up.
Marti- Good luck on the job interview. I always hated those, but I know you will do well if you keep your blouse buttoned.
Angie- Be glad for you to take some of this heat. Whew! I too love Mexican and even had chicken fajita soup today, it was yum!
Jana- Believe it or not I am really fond of my in-laws. Hubby has a big family and they are all great fun. We laugh all the time when we get together. Did I hear you say ironing? I thought I was one of the few left who irons. Hubby wants 100% cotton shirts and you know how they are to iron.
RK- Way to go on the loss. I hope I see that kind of result next week. I decided I wouldn't weigh until Mon. if I can keep myself from doing it.
Heather- I want the WATP tapes also. They look like they would be good ones. I tried Richard Simmons and found I don't have very good co-ordiantion. Gonna have to work on that. (a dancer I am NOT)
Cristi- I am really careful in this heat when walking. I always walk with a friend and make sure to hydrate. Boy, does that shower feel good afterwards also! Thanks for your concern. It is hot in the mid-west isn't it?

My Mr. got back from 12 days in Vegas and it was 112 degrees when he was out there. Yikes.

Hello to all the JL's and sorry I didn't have more time.

suetalks
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:45 AM   #30  
GmaTo8

Happy Hump Day!!

Heather - you first... I love your photo!!!!! You look like some celebrity, but I can't think who exactly. By the way, my DH is not only a prof, but a farmer, too. And he says, No, pigs do not sweat. That's why they have to be provided with a water hole, hence the mud. That's what he was told as a boy by his grandpa, so hopefully it's true, lol. Again, you are very pretty.

Marti - oh I do hope you join WW too! I got my stuff on eBay and have no other fees, ever. The WW site is free to browse, and I get my support here every day. Not sure what else you get if you join on line. The only thing you really really need is a points finder/calculator. I'm sure they won't be doing away with the points system for a long time. It's too successful. But they tweak it every 10 - 12 months.

Cristi - about the points, yes, that still leaves me 14 each week for an emergency. Like I had the night I went out drinking. I can honestly say there hasn't been one day that I have gone off program. I was planning to on Easter... but the candy just didn't taste worth it and I ended up well within my points range. When we have something for dinner that I really, really want 2nds on, I will put some back for my lunch the next day and that satisfies me. But usually, I don't make extras anymore, lol. Hope your cold is better.

Angie - I'll be looking for the pic of you. Love that smile... looks like whats-er-name.... Goldie Hawns DD??? Anyway, that's what your smile is like.

Sue - I love the wrinkle-free shirts from Penney's but Neal also has several 100% cotton and I won't let him go out with them unironed. Unfortunately, this has limited his wardrobe when I am running behind.

Hi to the others.

The bad weather is headed my way. The good news is, it's bringing cooler temps with it and the next few days are supposed to be really nice.

Gotta work on my menus and grocery list today. Time to try out a new recipe on the fam. Bwwwaa ha ha ha!!!! They are my guinea pigs, lol.

BBL,