Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 08:24 PM   #31  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Anagram, hmmm... I suspect your cleaning may have been a bit more meticulous than mine. I am always just one step ahead of the health board. DH, when I've been working 70 hours a week and the bathrooms getting really scuzzy, is wont to ask if I'm trying to send a message by not cleaning the bathrooms. Uh. No. I'm busy. Figure it out yourself. But I guess you're right, in that his standards are considerably lower. He used to consider himself a neat freak because he stacked the newspapers and pizza boxes on the floor instead of just leaving them where they lay. And used the laundry directly out of the basket rather than wasting time putting it in drawers and closet.

wsw, I seemed to have connection problems aplenty recently. I missed get-togethers because of someone not getting there or giving me bad directions (uh-oh, DH again. I'd forgotten what bad directions he gives and then trusted him implicitly. Hopefully I won't do that again.) Too bad, but what can one do but soldier on bravely?

Wildfire, MPD boss away for the week? Sort of an unintended birthday gift for you? I know when my boss at the restaurant used to go away it was like heaven -- only reasonable people to deal with (other than customers, of course ). Enjoy! You're wise to get rid of the cake. I know I've worked my way through left over birthday cake -- then it's gone and all you have to remember it by are the extra pounds. No thanks!

K -- must tell self to be on the ball in a.m. 'Night, all!
Old 08-09-2004, 08:41 AM   #32  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Thumbs up

Glad you are feeling better Wildfire, just in time for your !!!! What a present....jeez. However 35 is a good age, you'll be happy to know.

Wsw, too bad about your barbeque. Glad you feel more in control with your food intake and exercise...could you haul me back up on the wagon?

Our manager has been away for all of July and it has been nice, except that the CEO is a bit of a pain, and really doesn't know how things run. He gets his own spin on things...fractured flickers they are.

Am filled with resolve this morning...for a change. I am trying to brain wash myself into some more healthy behaviors. So far I have not done my walk, but I plan to brush a couple of heathens before their vet visit at 9:30...but am ruminating on strategy...this is a mind game right? Had a relatively good day yesterday...only wine with a dear friend at dinner...rest of food was OK...but that water...I hear you guys. Water is tough this year!

Welcome Morrigan! Always a delight to meet new people. Kaylets has the Fresh Start card (I'll take one bye the bye) and any of us can give you a seat belt for the wagon.....

Arabella! Housecleaning? That is right up there with trips to the dentist! I admire people who can keep a magazine house. Something for me to aspire to!

Gotta go brush. Dogs, not teeth yet.

TTYL

Ceara
Old 08-09-2004, 08:45 AM   #33  

Wood Nymph, it USED TO BE pretty meticulous but then I was a SAHM most of the time. Still, I think it was appreciated mostly by me. And it's only a faint memory these days. Still not sloppy but backed up on "projects".

Ok, I started w/slimfast as usual for my Monday. Am going to try to hone things back as I'm obviously making little progress though there's an occasional tenth or so that almost immediately disappears, gobbled up by water retention. Going to try to go above the minimum on water again this week. Am well rested after three day "at home" vacation where I set aside concerns and we did a few pleasant things. Now if the world will cooperate.......

Am going to skip the visitation/funeral this morning of dh's old boss. I am/was genuinely fond of this man and he was a big force in our lives but I know none of his family (his wife predeceased him and I was unable to make her funeral because of dh's health at the time). Dh will be going as he knows at least one son and most of his old partners will probably be there. This marks a big change for me and I've shilly-shallied about it the whole weekend. I basically have always had a rule for me that if there's a possibility I should do something, I just do it and save the emotional energy of the should I/shouldn't I thing. But I had several months ago decided to favor myself more on these questions in the future if there is no concrete benefit to someone else. So today I'm going to the pool and work out for my health instead. Any other ex-partner wives that show up will have to miss my company and I'll do a private memorial for this dear friend (sort of been doing that all weekend). And the world will go on........
Old 08-09-2004, 08:51 AM   #34  

Morning, Ceara. We coposted. Glad to see your determination. If you get a good seat on the wagon, save one for me too. My mind is saying "Yes" at the moment but the body is still resisting.

Wildfire - 35-40 was a good time for me too. Though I did gain 30 + pounds in that time, I had a ball doing it. Just watch the calorie fun (always great to hear advice from someone who didn't follit herself, isn't it?).
Old 08-09-2004, 03:17 PM   #35  
deleted2

Yipes! See what happens when I miss a couple of days? So many posts!
First and most important: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR WILDFIRE! Hey, is it just me or does that little flame guy look like he's giving us the finger? Probably just my beady little mind.

Morrigan, I remember you from past threads! And yes, the last time I "saw" you was when you'd just found out you were pregnant. Great to see you again.

Wow, all this talk about cleaning is making me feel like a slug. I'd better get on it!

I MISS PUNKIN, CERISE, ZADIE!!!! Where are you?

Old 08-10-2004, 01:15 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

3 fairly good days (1500, 2000, 1000) and I exercised the first two, today I shopped. Didn't try on anything for the bottom half of my body ~ didn't want to be scared.

I did post here fairly regularly a few years ago, started a lot of goal oriented threads, Christmas Lites being the most memorable. I lost a lot of weight, gained some back, got pregnant, gained it all back, half heartedly tried to lose, got pregnant again, didn't gain any more that time, and am now back to my all time high weight.

Thing that bugs me most about being up here: swimsuits, rashes in crevises that don't exist when your skinny, breathlessness when doing someing normal (like walking up a big hill), not looking at yourself in the mirror often, people who seem effortlessly thin.

Mostly I am happy, I just vent my frustrations here.

Happy Birthday: I am a mere 34, but have enjoyed all my ages so far, 35 doesn't scare me yet.

Goal tomorrow ~ some sort of exercise. DS was kidnapped by great-grandpa tonight, so I am down to one kid and could reasonably get in a workout video before I go over to my grandparents for breakfast. My grandpa is so cute. I called to see if Wil could come over for a bit (Wil was screaming for Nana and Papa at the time) and my grandpa says in his Billy Goat Gruff voice, "bring his pajamas" and hung up without a goodbye. He is now having a sleepover and I would be up for a romantic evening with the DH, but he is engrossed in one of my favorite books. I started him on it by reading out loud on a vacation drive and now he is on to Book 2 of the trilogy. I will be husbandless for another few weeks. I did not realize how much housework he did until he started reading during the evenings instead. He just finished his masters and hasn't read a book for pleasure in 5 years, so this is good for him and I am not complaining a bit.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:27 AM   #37  

Tuesdays Goals: exercise of any sort, under 1500 calories, start journaling during the day rather than by recall.

Blatent request for $: My DH is getting "thrown in jail" as a March of Dimes fundraiser and will be behind bars at a local grocery store tomorrow until he "raises bail" of $1000. He is 1/2 way there so far. If anyone wants to donate to the March of Dimes (great cause) here is their blib

Since our founding in 1938, the March of Dimes has helped to save millions of babies from death and disability. Our history includes:
Developing the vaccine declared against polio...1955
Funding the first successful bone marrow transplant to correct a birth defect...1968
Funding the first in utero treatment for a birth defect...1973
Calling for the creation of a regional system of neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) to save very sick babies...1976
Funding research leading to surfactant therapy to treat respiratory distress syndrome (RDS)...1985
Successfully using gene therapy to treat hemophilia and retinitis pigmentosa in the laboratory...1999
Ongoing research based upon delivery of a gene that affects the development of a healthy heart...2000

In addition to funding and conducting important research, the March of Dimes is active in parent education, global health action, and advocacy on an array of issues affecting the health of babies in the U.S

can send check made out to March of Dimes to

Schweitzer Mountain Resort
Attention: Scot Auld
10000 Schweitzer Mountain Road
Sandpoint, Idaho 83864
Old 08-10-2004, 07:10 AM   #38  

Hello all!

Whew... where did the weekend fly off to?? Just skidded by right into Monday am... that's why it took me till today to get here...

FINALLY-- off the plateau... in fact, have been doing better than I imagined..
Last night's weighin shows I made my 10 % goal from my beginning weight in March when I joined live meetings to motivate me to get to goal quicker...

Welcome Morrigan! Always eager to hear fresh ideas and new hints!!

DH was invited to that Tournament and I went along on Sunday to keep him company and to stop at yardsales/fleamarkets he saw the day b/4. Got some great produce buys... ( dozen ears of corn for $1) and so tasty too!!
Had 3 ears last night for the better part of my supper... later on I was craving so that might be a lesson... but I only wound up w/ a slice of bread and an apple so it was a "healthy cheat".....
Thought of the day :
"This is 'No Whining Allowed Week' "
---The Flylady

Question of the day :
"If you had to pick the biggest Freudian slip you've ever made, what would it be?"
--From IF (2) by Evelyn McFarlane & James Saywel

so many posts to catch up o n... I will try to look in from work, just to read...

Happy birthday Wildfire!!! The best is yet to come... and baby won't it be fine!!!! Yes, I'd have to get rid of the cake too... enough said!

Must run my lovelies!

But you do encourage me to hear that its just not me that has a hard time getting the men to care if things are clean and/or find time to do it myself..

If it wasnt for the little bit I can do each day.. YIKES...!!

But... the priorities are my first concern ... am I clean? Are the dishes ? are my clothes?... and from there...
Old 08-10-2004, 07:38 AM   #39  
wsw

good morning, royals!

didn't sleep much at all last night, so a little fuzzy. have a regular check-in appt. with my neurosurgeon this morning, so no sneaking back in to bed for me right now. my weekend was pleasant, actually, after all. treated myself to some fashion magazines and the sun. ny times, which i love, and relaxed over them with some delightful moroccan mint green tea. nothing to complain about there! also, have remained op and regular exercising (+ adding a bit more, incrementally), which is going well. too tired to respond individually, but please know i am thinking of you all. take care. hope it's a good day for one and all.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:11 AM   #40  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Smile

Mornin' all!

Had a great week end. Worked Sat, gardened Sunday...planted some hostas and day lilies and a butterfly bush...they appear to be doing well. Also floated in the pool with my dear friend who lost her husband last Jan...and we read by the pool in the sun, seated in our chaises...no wine...we saved that for the planting of perennials. Yesterday was a good food and water day. I think that my goal for this week will be the usual ones, plus just to not sweat stuff. I want to relax. So if I seem spacey...it is likely true.

Gotta enter a couple of shows this a.m. and visit the eye doctor...that back of the eye x-ray must of shown something...dang it!

Off and running to another "A" day...that is how I'd rate yesterday...eventhough there was no organized exercise...again.

Ceara
Old 08-10-2004, 02:03 PM   #41  

Started off the day challanged, went from Wheaties and milk, to grandma's cinnoman rolls. Checked it out on Fit day and I am up to 680 calories so far. Determined to be good from here on out.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:11 PM   #42  
deleted2

Hoorah for Queen Kaylets for making her 10% goal. Now what's next? There's nothing you can't do!
About that corn, try a little hot pepper jelly melted in the microwave and brushed over. Adds a little extra sweetness and a little kick too!

Sounds like a nice restful weekend, Wendy! I love those! I'm not sleeping well lately either. seems our big 80-pound hound has decided he wants to sleep in our bed with us and sneaks up when we're asleep. Well, as much as a big gangly dog can sneak anyway. We wake up all twisted and crimped and he's all spread out like a king!

Another good water day for me too. Maybe our personal droughts have passed?

Old 08-10-2004, 08:48 PM   #43  

Finished up the day with 1530 calories, no exercise, and not particularly good portion control, but OK when all is said and done.

We never repent of having eaten too little. - Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-11-2004, 06:25 AM   #44  
deleted2

Great job with the calories, Morrigan! I'm trying to keep it around 1500 a day too. I love counting calories; it's the thing that finally worked for me. Naturally, huh? The most basic thing and I ignored it for years....

Challenging myself this week to do "firm" workouts every other day. Today's the day and I'm at that stage where I'm not able to keep up with the choreography during the cardio intervals and I feel like I'm just flailing around. I'm sure I look very comical, and I definitely don't want anybody to watch! Every time I do it I catch on a little more, so I must persevere! Also, doing Pilates every day--gotta get ready for my class in October and I want to master the 'teaser' without trembling like crazy.

Old 08-11-2004, 07:59 AM   #45  
Empress/Queen

Yo s!!! This is another flyby check-in kinda thing and I do apologize ... I've really not stopped being a ... just scattered about the world a bit more these days ... details of my weight struggles are in my journal in another virtual land far, far away but suffice it to say I've haven't been doing all that well, except for the past few days!!!

Hi, Morrigan!!! I remember you from the old Lite (and other) threads!!! You're doing well on your goals!!!

Wsw: I think of you often and come here and read your posts! Stay strong, you're doing great!

Seconding that hooray for :queen K on the 10 percent goal!!!! Huzzah!

Anagram, it looks like you're making good progress on all fronts!! Enjoy your Slimfast breakfast!!!

Arabella, Ceara ... those are the remaining names I'm seeing on this page, but a hearty hi-ho to all s mentioned goes without saying ... huzzah ... I need to meet someone at the gym but doubt if she'll show ... it was ever thus!
Closed Thread