Old 08-09-2004, 09:29 AM   #31  

Talking A new week, day, moment

Good Morning to you all,

Well I survived my chaotic weekend, we had alot of fun. Thanks for the support and advice from all.

Sarah, I am sorry, but I am lost, I do not know what happened?? I guess I missed something along the way. I am sorry to hear that you were upset due to others responses

Gretchen:
I knew you would get through it and you did with grace. I am so glad that you did not give up or into it. Yea for you.

Thanks everyone, I love this thread, everyone is great

Well, my first week, I lost 1lb. I will take it I did not have a plan or wrote anything down. I did not follow my exercise plan, either. I am looking forward to this week. I am definately more prepared.

Well, my plan this week is to alternate pilates and my firm tapes every morning before work. I have also written up menu plan for each meal for the whole week. I will be more focused.
also my son has gone away with my brother for 4 days I am looking forward to doing alot of work around the house: the lawn, cleaning closets, laundry, lots of work to be done.
Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:02 AM   #32  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Default Hello, ladies!

Congratulations, Lynne, on your first pound lost!! VERY exciting! Now imagine what you're going to do with your new organization and focus! You're fully armed now to battle that fat, and I have every confidence in your ability to do anything you set your mind to. I KNOW you're going to succeed, Lynne!

Here's my update: I followed my exercise plan last week; this week is going to be a little tougher because I've got so much going on, but I'm going to do my best to stay on track:

Monday: Bike 30 minutes
Tuesday: Bike 30 minutes
Wednesday: Bike 30 minutes
Thursday: Bike 30 minutes
Friday: Bike 30 minutes
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Off

I've got to go to court twice this week -- 2 speeding tickets - zoom zoom and I have a dentist's appt. after work one night, also with Lorraine's sister and thetwo kids coming this weekend, we're working at hyperspeed to get the house in showing order. She hasn't visited either of the places we've lived together (so she's never seen how we live together) and I am really feeling the pressure to impress her with a beautiful, inviting, and comfortable home. I want her to know that I have created a nice home for Lorraine.....so we had an enormously busy weekend hanging shelves and special lighting, etc., in our office -- we're still not altogether moved in after buying our first home together, and so while there's a lot of pressure on us right now to get it all together, it's at least spurring us into action to get it finally taken care of!

Summer and Gen, hope you guys are doing well.

Gretchen, nice to see you around these parts, and I know I've said it before, but congrat's on the size 11 and the 32 inch waist! Woo Hoo, hummina hummina, and all that.....as for the Curves membership, sounds great, provided you don't ever intend to lift weights. It's different from a regular gym. But some people really enjoy it and get a lot out of it!! It depends entirely on your fitness goals and how you want exercise to impact your body. I'm sure whatever you do will be great. Good luck with the decision!

Talk to you guys soon.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:04 AM   #33  
Crazy Canuck

Merrick, I believe you're referring to this:

"I have been feeling awful that I let myself get pulled into the whole childish, unpleasant mess, and then that noone else had a single thing to say about what I saw to be really obvious. A couple of people have PM'd me about not leaving, but they both said they were afraid of publicly posting anything supporting what I said. I also heard from one of the Maintainers who voiced support and invited me to make that forum my new home. I totally hear where you're coming from, I just think it's sad that people are afraid to post supportive words for fear of how they'll get interpreted. Behold the power of a bully! I shouldn't let her run me off, but I just don't have the inclination to wrangle with such a nasty person."

This post contains Sarah's opinion of me as a person and relates to threads that have since been deleted. I was content to let it go, but have received numerous PMs suggesting I request this particular post be deleted as my posting history at 3FC in no way indicates me to be either a bully who has control of the board or a nasty person who runs people off. I feel people are entitled to their opinions, but in the interest of keeping my private message box controllable, I request that Sarah keep such comments to PM.

Thanks. I truly hope we can all move on.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:46 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessofsarahtolove
Introduction:

For several months, three of us supported each other in the Exercise forum, and then a couple more joined in. We are a very small and close-knit group of intelligent, motivated people at different points in our journeys. Each of us is focused on exercise, whatever form it takes, as well as overall good health.

We want to keep this group small, so we can give quality attention and support to one another, not only in achieving our fitness goals but in our lives as well.

arrrrg. i've written and deleted, written and deleted, cannot get the words and tone right.
i want it to stop but if i don't respond i will feel i've gagged myself when what i really want to do is scream "get out!".
i know, i know, we are, in fact, posting in public. i see that many people read our posts and some have indeed posted their welcome suggestions and comments. we enjoy that, please don't stop. at the same time, i can't help but feel in some way, maybe misguided way, that this is our space. perhaps since i feel this way i should stick to personal messages, something truly private, but i wont.

here is something i wrote a couple of days ago but was unable to post:

"Ever since I met sarah here, one of the very first persons I have met, I have known her to be only supportive, kind and loving. I have also known her to be honest, brave and committed, with herself, with me and with anyone else to whom she responded. And not one to toot my own horn, (this is only from what she has said to me) I think she pretty much feels that I have returned her goodness in kind. We absolutely support everyone’s effort and understand that all our roads may be different, meandering through different pathways depending on challenges we each come up against. I suppose we were, quite independently, but I believe with a shared spirit, trying to give our own philosophical perspectives.

I wish everyone peace and health in mind and body and give a huge shout-out to all the amazing women and men here who inspire, support and motivate
"

i ask, with no humility whatsoever, that this space be respected. please keep any disagreements in the threads and forums in which they originated.

now,
i'm off in two hours for the spa. woohoo. i'll be back tomorrow evening soaked, rubbed, scrubbed, kneaded, oiled up and ready to hit the gym!

gen
gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:02 PM   #35  
I climb mountains!

Gen, I love you and I thank you. I mean it.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:24 PM   #36  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsby

I wish everyone peace and health in mind and body and give a huge shout-out to all the amazing women and men here who inspire, support and motivate

i ask, with no humility whatsoever, that this space be respected. please keep any disagreements in the threads and forums in which they originated.

That's a very nice thing to say, and I agree that this forum is filled with amazing people! That includes ALL of you

I would like to take this one step further and ask that any disagreements be left off of the forum as a whole, and not just confined to where they originated. We are one group with a common goal, and that is support and respect for each other during what can be a difficult process at times. The same guidelines that apply to the forum also apply to the PMs. There's no room for negativity, and it hurts our ability to succeed.

There's no reason to bring anything up from the past, period. Think of past disagreements like an extra slice of cake or pizza. There's nothing you can do about it now, so put it behind you and make each new meal (or post) a positive aspect of your lives, so that we can all succeed at losing weight and making our lives better.

Thanks
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:25 PM   #37  

Default Echoing

I have to echo Gen's statements

We are here to encourage each other and not tear each other down. We are all on a difficult path of weight loss/maintenance and need no more negativity then there is in our world. I ask that disagreements be kept out of this thread - this is not what we are about. Yes we may have differing opinions but it is respected that diversity brings us more not less.

If you are not here to inspire, help, listen or motivate - kindly leave. If you are here to be positive, empathize and motivate - you are welcome.

I do not want those in this thread to feel as they are not supported since that is our original pledge to each other. That is why I am seconding Gen's statements - we support here - anything else is not what we are about.

Respectfully
Summer

Now can we get back to what we are here for? How is everyone today?

Quote:
"An Eye for an eye and we all go blind." - Gandhi
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:28 PM   #38  

Thanks Suzanne - I guess we posted at the same time.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:43 PM   #39  
I climb mountains!

Talking Candra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmcandiez
Hey
I went off, well I didnt go off I just didnt reallly count my calories but I really didnt over eat. Im going back on counting calories. ^_^ Today was my day of rest for my exercise. I love to jump rope its good excersise too.And I have been doing some crunches and lifting some weights.
Hey Candra -- It just occurred to me that I didn't tell you that I'm happy that you're back on track with the calorie-counting! I thought it, but I didn't say it -- sorry about that! I know it can be a pain sometimes, but it just really helps out with keepin you on track -- after a while a lot of people just kind of go on auto-pilot, but that's after a long time doing it, and not usually while they're still in losing mode. I'm glad that you're lifting weights too -- that's awesome! Are you using machines or free weights or what? I have a CrossBow that I was using and loving it, and I'm about to get back to it. Jumping rope is supposed to be really good for you too, so it's good you have fun doing it!

Anyway, hope you're doing well and it was good hearing how you're doing!
Old 08-10-2004, 08:41 AM   #40  

Red face Sorry for bringing it up....

I am sorry for bringing it up. I was completely lost in the mix. However, I still do not truely understand what is going, nor do I want. I can only state that Sarah was my angel and led around this site, she has always been supportive and kind with her words to me. As for Jillegal, I have never had a problem with you either. I am sorry this is happening. I agree with everyone else. That this site is only for good.

Again, I am sorry I asked. I hope we can go back to supporting, and caring about each other

Sarah, thanks for the inspiring words, and suggestions. I feel ready for this week, thanks to you and everyone else.

Please have a good day.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:26 AM   #41  

Wink Good Morning!

Good Morning

Let's wipe the slate clean and start back to why we are here. Support, Inspire, Motivate and Listen. I love you ladies for that I truly do.

My bum is sluggish today. I consider getting out of bed exercise and I went to bed at 10 pm last night. Last week I ended up doing about 255 minutes of exercise a little short of the goal. So I am aiming for 270 again

This week:
Sunday: Nothing
Monday: Aerobics with weights (a nod to Sarah) and Walking Fenway - total of 60 minutes
Tuesday: Pilates and Walking Fenway - total 40 minutes
Wednesday: Walk Fenway and Yoga -120 minutes
Thursday: Walk Fenway and Aerobics with weights - total 60 minutes
Friday: Walk Fenway and Tennis (if no rain) - 90 minutes
Saturday: Yoga in the morning because I have a weding and my younger brother leaves for college

I have decided I am going to see a nutitionist. I have no been a plateau for 12 weeks. Exercising between 250 and 300 minutes a week and eating within the calorie range I should according to diet power (1200-1300 calories) and I have banked calories for occasions such as weddings. So before I pull out any of my hair and scream - I just need to talk to someone who is not as confused about food as I am.

Gen you running machine you! I am in awe of your hard work and that you are enjoying your exercising! How was the spa? how is the kitty holding up?

Lynne on the one pound. Take it a day at a time. You are doing wonderfully and just find exercise you find fun. (No, it's not an oxymoron...usually)

Candra kep up the exercise and counting! That is a great way to go! I'm glad you found something like jumping rope that you like to do - what a workout you must get! Are you on any other boards discussing this too - like the just for teens site?

Gretchen on the new measurements and dress size! That would make my day too! I would dance the night away in that dress. I love Curves - I did that before I got married. One month I was the top loser! When I got engaged I was 5'2" and 176 pounds - I weighed more than my future DH! so with portion contol and exercise I was 140 for the wedding. I am stalled at 150 right now but I will eventually get to my goal of 125.

Sarah I hope your spirits are brighter and you are doing well today! How are you breathing? How is Lorraine and all the dogs and cats? (I am not missing anything am I?) Thank you for being such an encourager and a friend. I hope you are finding exercising easier this week.

Wow...long post....

Okay - I need more coffee before I really start to ramble.

Before I forget...When is everyone's b-day?

Quote:
"Most people rush after pleasure so fast that they rush right past it" - Soren Kierkegaard Either/Or

be well.

Summer
Old 08-10-2004, 12:13 PM   #42  

Summer,
I think you may not be eating enough, to fullfill the energy needed for all the exercise you do. That is alot of exercise. Your body, may be hoarding what it does get, to avoid starvation. When a person exercises that extensively, it needs, good calories to use as fuel.
You are doing a ton of exercise, not that, that is a bad thing, but feed your body girl....

Gretchen congrats on the new dress size, now all new clothes...
you gotta love that.

Have a wonderful day to everyone.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:43 PM   #43  
I climb mountains!

Talking Hello!

Hey there chickypoos! Ok, quick update tonight, longer one tomorrow!

I had my moment in court for speeding charge number 1 - this judge was no joke! She was uncannily like Judge Judy, minus the abuse! Anyway, I did still get a break; long story short - she reduced the speed to 19 miles over the limit (20 in VA gives you a reckless driving charge, ) so I was understandably relieved! I'll go to some weekend driving school for a Saturday or two to get the points reduced. Yikes, next time I'll just wake up earlier.......alright, alright, I get it now! (Some of us learn harder than others, apparently!) So, one down, one to go. Friday's court appearance was one I requested in the hopes that I can reduce the fine and penalty (to no points.) What can I say? I like to drive fast! (I think it's somehow connected to my roots as a New Yorker -- not the driving, obviously , but the hurry up and get there part. It's a pace thing.)

Exercise is on track. *check* Eats are on track. *check* Positive attitude is on track. *check* Water's on track. *check* Life is good!

Lynne, I'm finding your advice to Summer very interesting. Summer, do you think there could be anything to what she's saying about your calories? In thinking of the amount of exercise you consistently perform, those calories are rather low. I'm VERY glad that you're investing in a visit to a nutritionist -- that's a wise investment in yourself. I'm glad you made that call. How about your inches and the fit of your clothes? Firmness of what you've got? It's a head-scratcher. (Chin, too!)

I sure do hope that Gen is having a luxurious, decadent and self-indulgent time getting pampered at the spa...... she deserves every single moment of pampering and I hope she wallows in the pleasure! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Well, I'm trying to avoid the scale for a little longer, but I'm happy to say that now that Lorraine is consistently weighing herself, she is down now a known 12 pounds since I removed back in March when I removed all the heavy cream from the house! It's a bittersweet pleasure for her, let's just say that....

Gretchen? Gretchen! Where are you, bud?

Candra, hope you're just jumping and jumping........and counting those calories too!

Later, lovelies!
Old 08-10-2004, 10:57 PM   #44  
I climb mountains!

Thumbs up Woopsie!

Hey, Summer -- sorry, m'dear, I completely forgot to tell you how excited I am that you're incorporating weights into your routine. VERY good news!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:07 AM   #45  

Default aaah...

hello ladies,

well that was indeed wonderful.
here's what i did. or i should say what happened to me.
we drove up the laurentians, mountains for some, hills for others.
on check in we were informed that we had been upgraded due to a mistake when booking the room. aaaw that's too bad.
after going to our rooms i went and did 1/2 hour on the crosstrainer while my mom lounged by the pool. took a dip in the pool but it was 90 degrees or something so that didn't last too long.
supper, bed (tv and then sleep for me)
up, breakfast and to the spa
1. sea salt scrub, harsh but good and facial mask at same time
2. shower off in one of those showers with all the jets (hydrotherapie is a big word for shower btw.) nice though
3. all over massage, feels good on those aching thighs (see crosstrainer)
lunch
4. steam bath with eucalyptus oil....mmm
5. pressotherapie...know what this is? i've done it before...it's better than it sounds. you lie down and put on these big balloon boots that go up to the top of your thighs. then, first one then the other they inflate and squeeeeeeze your legs from the toes to the top of thighs. and then while one deflates the other leg gets squeezed. over and over for about 20 minutes. i tell you it feels so good if you have aching legs. not for those who have varicose veins however.
6. jacuzzi bath with mud and marjoram oil. it supposed to reduce inflamation, i don't believe a lot of the hocus pocus but it sure felt good. while i was waiting to use the shower and lady who works there said i didn't need one, that usually people don't take one. i said i wanted to wash the mud off, she insisted, i insisted and then i had my shower.
i used my time wisely and thought up a top ten list of hunky guys for a thread in the men's corner.
then we came home, got stuck in traffic for an hour, and I ran through the pouring rainstorm to the front door.
all in all, a wonderful time, with my most generous mom/boss.
the only thing that was bad was the food! it was just awful! we made a joke of it after a while (we had a plan that included the meals). oh man, everything absolutely everything was just awful. how can you scew up canned tuna fish??? french toast? oh well, we just laughed about it.
didn't go to the gym as planned this evening.

i see everyone is doing great on their plans. that sounds like a good week ahead summer. tell us what the nutritionist says.
my kitty is doing fine. i give him his "treatment" about 1-2 times a week and the vaseline (orally!) is really helping. i hope all sundry pets (between all of us there really are lot of them) are doing well too. daisy (my other cat) hasn't brought any pets of her own home again so keeping the door closed must be working. do you have any pets candra, lynne and gretchen?
i think your rope jumping is great candra, how long do you do that for? congrats gretchen on your recent successes...you go girl! this process sure takes a lot of patience.
wow for lorraine! just don't tell her we are pulling for her . it's amazing what a difference one little change can make.
i think you all are great

tomorrow:
gym or swimming in my sister's mother-in-law's pool, weather depending
and then off to the baseball game: expos vs. arizona, two of the worst teams, should be a close one!
thursday:
driving range (fun outing for the girls, will probably include drinks at some point, drinks are mandatory if i'm going to golf!) we were going to actually play golf but the club wouldn't have us, not good enough they said, i think they also suspected a lot of goofing around was going to happen.
and then running 7min run, 1 min walk X 3
friday:
weights and cardio

take care all

gen
gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote