Old 10-07-2004, 12:25 PM   #151  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Ok, Gen: Do you now, or have you ever, owned a v-necked, short-sleeved, brick red cotton tee? Further, is there a lovely curl in your strawberry blonde hair?
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:02 PM   #152  

Hey Summer, definately get the picture. Don't worry about what they think you are picking a man for you. You are not going on the dates fro him to pick you. Isn't that why you placed the ad.... to find a man. Go with your gut. If you feel more comfortable talking on the phone or chatting online... do that for a bit. Don't go on a date if you have any reservations.... not reservations of what others think. Have fun with it. I'm thinking about joining Match.com.... maybe. I'll have to wait to see how it goes with you.

Well, I am really sorry but I have to finish packing. Have a wonderful weekend.
Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:44 PM   #153  

sorry sarah that's not me. ok i'm actually wearing a green t-shirt. second row, third picture. i'm looking a little squinty, baggy eyed and somewhat red in the face.
lynne, summer is happily married to a quite handsome man. i'm the poor lonely one i definitely wont go out with someone i'm not keen on and unlike a crazy friend of mine i wont go to their house or invite them over until i know them better, maybe even have met some of their friends (you know pull someone over and ask "has this person ever been known to kill people with an ax" or something like that. i guess you're right, if they don't like the looks of me then 'em, but you know.... i will put up a picture though because this is not going to work without one.
i started jogging again on the treadmill, it's cool because i'm not starting at zero since my cadio level is way higher than when i started but the cramping is coming back so i'm working my way back up again. i just go faster when i'm running. it's a little frustrating because i know i can go longer and faster if it wasn't for the cramping. i'm hoping that working my calves in the weight room will help too.
where are you going lynne?
it ried on a size ten pair of pants today and they fit, if not a little baggy. woohoo. could have been the cut too but i don't care i'm happy.
my eats are going really well. i prepared three dinners worth last night, in my nice clean kitchen, and i did the dishes afterwards and kept it clean, then i put them in individual ziploc containers. so it's portioned out and ready to go. i think this strategy is really going to help.
ok i go on about myself alot what's everyone else up. how's the exercise? food? attitude?

gen
gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:38 AM   #154  

ok i could get the photo to show here so here's the link. this is a picture my sis took on sunday for the dating site, now i'm realy out there for all to see. i got a few responses but so far nothing that rocks my world.

i woke up this morning with a crick in my neck or beneath my shoulder blades and my first reaction was "oh no, how am i going to work out like this?!"
i didn't work friday because i had to go shopping for a shower present, we found a beautiful kimono in chinatown, and they are prettier, better made and less expensive than the ones in the lingerie shops, if you're ever in the market for one that's a good bet.
sat:nope, sun: nope, had to bring the cat to vet, i thought he had a blocked bladder but it turned out to be a tumor! well that's a relief. today: it's thansgiving and i have to cook something and blah blah blah, so not today.
tues: i will go and bright and early too!
and the rest of the week looks good too. i've started jogging again, on the treadmill for now, and hope to on saturday outside.
did you all have a good weekend? hope so.

gen
Old 10-11-2004, 07:42 PM   #155  

Hi all!

I am back and freezing my tail off. 98 in AZ to 48 in NY! but such a good time and fun and I went hiking so I got some exercise in!

Gen the Auburn hair - had to check out the website. So pretty! Good Luck with the dating on line. You never know My friend found her soul mate on-line and have been married 3 years...eharmony I think! Way to fit in to clothes and portion out your meals! I may be coming to you for advice!

Sarah I am so proud of you! 218! new size! new clothes! new hair style! Way to go! I am proud that you are maintaining your aerobic workout. I hope you are feeling well and you are in my prayers with this doctor and all those tests!

Lynn how was your weekend? How is your sons knee? He sounds active and fun! must take after his mother!

Just wanted to pop in! I need to unpack.

Quote:
"Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right." -Henry Ford

be well. missed you!
Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:59 PM   #156  
I climb mountains!

Gen -- I was going to say that first! I swear! Then I thought, nah, I think she's sassy like a redhead.....so I went with her instead! You're lovely! That link above doesn't work, pumpkin......DRAT! I'm REALLY, REALLY sorry to hear about your kitty....damn. That's awful. So what's the next step and how are you holding up? You poor sweetie, my heart really goes out to you. I'm glad to hear that you're jogging again! Yay! Hey, Happy Thanksgiving, by the way -- in case you celebrate this holiday.

Summer -- great to see you!! Welcome home, how long are you back? Your hubby must miss you terribly -- enjoy the joyous reunion! And FENWAY! Big hugs there. I'm glad you got in some fun hiking in AZ! How's the working out on the road going? Eats?

Lynne -- how's it going? Hope things are going well with you and your son!

This weekend I got in 23 miles of biking with high intensity intervals, 2 miles of power walking with weights and the ramp, and squats and lunges. Tonight I walked another 2 miles. Only another pound down, but I can see the bones in my neck -- which, for a woman over 200 pounds, is VERY exciting. Onward, onward....
Old 10-12-2004, 08:31 AM   #157  

Hey yall, I had a great weekend, we went to Block Island. A small island off Rhode Island. I felt I did not eat too bad and we walked alot. I am really behind with work, so I really just wanted to do a brief check in.

Gen, way to go with getting the picture, but I was not able to open it. Sorry to hear about your cat. I will keep you and your cat in my prayers. Great job on the jogging.
and fitting into a new size.

Sarah, wonderful job on the exercise. Bravo..... What a feeling to see your bones. I am so happy for you. Keep up the awesome work.

Summer, I am so happy you had a great time in AZ. I hear it is beautiful. I was born in New Mexico.... but do not remember it. I want to go back some day to that area.

Have a great day. I check in later
Old 10-12-2004, 11:06 PM   #158  

ok i hope this works. ok it works. so this is the picture i put on the dating site.
i have two tentative dates for this week and nothing to wear. i think they are practice dates because i honestly don't think these two guys are, well, guys i'm really into. now one guy sent me a message and, wow! now he could make me happy. do you guys think this is boring? i don't want to bore you with this. i wont be offended if you tell me i'm going on about this too much.
about my cat. now i love my at, i've hd him forever and he's so affectionate, always wants to be with me. either the tumor is bad and then i'll just have to let him die, he's over 18 yrs and that's pretty old for a cat andi'm not going to put him through a bunch of stuff to keep him alive for who knows how long. and if it's a benign growth then it's ok, i'll just check with the vet that it isn't painful. it doesn't look like it is. i'm surprised that the vet hasn't noticed it before because we've been there alot lately. i'll be very sad when he dies but for now i'm trying to be somewhat pragmatic, just my way.

i was almost certain i had lost weight last week, i ate so well, all planned and i thought i looked a smaller especially in the tummy area. but today i weighed and nope. there is a protein store near me and they have a programme on their web-site, i'm a member and it's included so i'm going to check it out. today i had to hurry to get to my class and was walking very fast, i didn't even break a sweat, my legs were good, strong and fast. wow, i know a few months ago i would have been sweating and panting and my legs would have been killing me, and i probably would have been late too! i'm soooo happy about my fitness. i'm always still surprised at my body, i take nothing for granted.

i have to send this now so i can go back and read your posts
gen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gena2.jpg (20.6 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by gatsby; 10-12-2004 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:36 PM   #159  

hi again,

sarah, even people who see me think i'm a red head, i keep trying to dye my hair brown, it's been red, reddish, auburn, you name it, for ages. but with the freckles, it's just assumed i'm a redhead, and the hightlights too i guess.
another pound...woohoo. and all those miles! good for you...and lucky that you don't have neighbours downstairs.

summer, that sounds like so much fun. going to arizona and new mexico is one of my dream vacations, i think it's so beautiful. but of course we miss you when you go away too.

lynne, sounds like you had a nice vacation too (i shouldn't say too because summer was working right?) anyway sounds nice. was it you and your son? you sound like such a great mom.

here's something we haven't done: what i'm going to do this week.
mon: nothing, thanksgiving is a day off right?
tues: am work out, legs and crosstrainer
wed: swimming class
thurs: chest, tris and calves or shoulders
fri: back, bis and calves or shoulders
sat: jogging outside 30-45mins i'll k=jog as much as i can and walk when i have to.
sun: nothing planned

thanks for giving thankgiving wishes!
i didn't over indulged at the thanksgiving supper, one helping of everything exect the wine.

happy week to you all
gen
Old 10-13-2004, 09:36 PM   #160  

We did have a great time, it was a whole bunch of us.
I can't wait to hear about your "practice" dates. Have fun, enjoy yourself, it is about you, not him. I am so happy for you. The picture looks great. I am so sorry about your cat, I hope he will be ok. Glad to hear your holiday went well. Well, I have to run, gotta get up early.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:04 PM   #161  

ok ladies i want to hear what exercise you did this week and what you plan to do.

i did not go swimming today i went clothes shopping instead, something i haven't done in months and months.

hope your week is going well
gen
Old 10-14-2004, 08:27 AM   #162  

my exercise plan has been sporatic.... shocking huh,
monday, not much, unpacking, laundry, etc.
Tuesday: walked 1 mile
Wendesday: 25 minutes of yoga, 40 minutes of Step, and walked 2 Miles
Thrusday: Plan: 25 min of Yoga, 40 Min of Step, and walk 1-2 miles
Friday: Plan: 25 min of Yoga, 40 min Step, and walk 1-2 miles
Saturday: 25 min of yoga, walk3-4 miles (going apple picking)
Sunday: taking the day off, maybe....
That is my plan....
My scale is working and I was horried to get on and I gained 7lbs. but lost 2 today. I really have to get motivated, I have never been so big in all my life. I am bigger than I was at 9 months of pregnancy. That is not good. I am going to get over myself.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:54 PM   #163  

Wink

Gen that picture is fantastic! You are striking!

Lynne way to go on the exercise! You will see results with a program like that so keep your chin up.

My plan of attack this week so far:
Monday & Tuesday - walked 2 miles
Monday - helped a from move out
Wednesday - walked 2 miles
Thursday - helped move a friend in for 2 hours this morning
Friday - walk 2 miles and cleaning
Saturday -YOGA for 90 minutes

I hope all is well. I am trying to find a new routine now that fall temperatures are here to stay. Any suggestions (no running please)

Quote:
Character - the willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life - is the source from which self respect springs. Joan Didion, "Slouching Towards Bethlehem"

be well.
Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:19 PM   #164  
I climb mountains!

Talking

Oh jeez -- I can't really remember to break it down by day, but here's a synopsis of what I've done so far:

Sat & Sun --> Biked 23 miles, with a total of like 24 minutes at 23-24 mph, and the rest at 18 mph; Power-walked 2 miles using the ramp (like a stepper) and hand weights; did lots of lunges, walking lunges, and squats.
Weekdays thus far --> Walked I think 4 miles outside....alternating very brisk pace -- almost race-walking -- with stops and more leisurely pace for puppy to sniff. (Not ideal, but I figure I was moving, and he really needed it.)

Tonight: I'm planning to do the 2-mile workout with the ramp and weights again, with squats and lunges.

Tomorrow: After going to the pulminary doc for my pulminary function test and lung eval, Lorraine and I are driving to Delaware to a lovely B & B for the weekend! It's an 1860's farmhouse near Dover and not far from the water, and we can take the dog! We just missed getting one of the rooms with a jacuzzi, but I was so disappointed, the really nice innkeeper gave me the 2 bedroom suite for the price of the single! (I didn't ask -- I would never do that -- he just offered!) He's a chef (they're both NY'ers, and he's a former restaurateur from NYC and still gives cooking classes at the B & B, so if he's got something going on this weekend that's not too long I'll definitely participate! I'm a big ol' foodie. At the very least we can bond as culinary geeks. I got my degree from a culinary college, and I first learned to cook in Italy, so I'm INTO preparing the food, man...

Here's the exercise plan for the weekend:

Saturday: 2-mile Walk Away the Pounds DVD (I'll play it on my laptop)
Sunday: 2-mile Walk Away the Pounds DVD (It's only a half hour, so I figure it's doable.)

If I go online over the weekend, I'll give you an update! Otherwise, I'll talk to you guys Sunday night or Monday........have a great few days, you all.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:23 AM   #165  

SArah, have a blast, you deserve it. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summer, you have quite the exercise plan yourself. Have fun with it.

Gen: Where are you??? On a date???? I can't wait to hear about them, all....

I know this is short, but I have to get back to work, been busy, hockey, football, apple picking, birthday parties.

Yesterday at my son's FB game, the offense went in, my son is usually on defense, anyway I'm watching the little 8yr old cheerleaders... they are so cute... I would love a little girl. Well I hear the announcer annouce my son was just tackled (last minute of the game). I turn around they have him on foreback (I really do not know what that means)... he got the ball and ran again to get the touchdown, then got the 2pt conversion. Yeah, for him, the only TD for our team. We got killed, 20 to 8. That is ok at least it was not a shut out. Best of all my baby got a TD......

Well I really do have to get back to work.... I'll try to check in later.