Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 05:46 AM   #31  

Sherry-Is this a requirement on your part, and is this something you would like to do? Sounds very confusing to have to deal with 2 schools, although I'm sure it will be nice being so close to home.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:24 PM   #32  

Whew! Thank goodness today is done! The school open house was today. I got to school at 6:45 this morning to set up the cotton candy machine, snow cone machine, snacks, bus tables, etc. I had to man the bus table. This year transportation is not allowing any buses within a 2 mile radius to pickup the kids. There are quite a few irate parents. I have at least 15 kids that I have to find buses for on Monday, hopefully. Anyway, before I knew it, noon came and the people were gone by 12:30. Then I had to go to Sam's to pickup stuff for the staff party that was being given at a teacher's house. We were there until 6:00. I helped clean everything up. Now I am home and my car has a dead battery. As I was driving home the speedometer quit working, along with the radio and the windows. The car sounded like a truck. When I got home, it couldn't be restarted. Mike is going to buy a new battery tonight. I am very glad the day's over!! Hope everyone else had a better day than me!!
Old 08-07-2004, 08:53 PM   #33  

POOR SHELLEY!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Mike is able to get your car going again. I know you must be very tired!

Hey to all the floozies.........
Old 08-08-2004, 07:26 AM   #34  

Ramona-My days are nothing compared to yours!!!
Old 08-08-2004, 10:12 AM   #35  

Sherry that does sound like a lot to keep up with. I hope that does not turn out to be something you have to do all year. That is unless you end up likeing it. Hope your school year begins smoothly.

Shelley sounds like your school year is already starting with a bang. This is a very hectic time. I know you will be glad when everything settles down.

I turned in my official resignation. I had my 2 years of leave to stay home with my babies. I figure I can always go back to teaching when my kids start school.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Tina
Old 08-08-2004, 04:51 PM   #36  

Hello

Where is everyone? I'm in a much better mood now & I promise to continue to post. Next time I get down, I will post and let each of you pull me out of that mood instead of staying away! I have really missed ya'll!

I worked the scrimmage yesterday and it was fun but tiring. I'm REALLY out of shape so tomorrow is BACK TO THE "Y" FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, my black slacks were sooooo tight!!!!! So it's back to being 100% OP! I felt like a pig yesterday!

I'm in a new suite this year. It's a huge suite that holds 300 people! I'm in there by myself. It's going to pay much better then where I've been for the last 5 years. I'm not going to say the name of my suite because you never know who may read the threads. But I can say that it's right down from Tim M. & Faith Hill AND Alan Jackson suites!

Now to play catch-up with all my friends:

Gayle,
Where are you? I hope you didn't get upset because a lot of us hasn't been posting much.We have been here too long and been through too much together to stop now!!! Right?? I have missed you girl. May I have some info on your on-line class? I can't believe Allison is big enough already for pre-school. Oh my she's growing up!!! She's a big girl now mommy!!

Dee,
I miss you too!! I hope you will be able to get on your Sons computer and check in on us and post!!! When are you getting a new one? Please come back soon!!! Take care!!

Ramona,
I feel so bad! I forgot to tell you congrats on becoming a MIL soon!! You'll make a great one! I agree with you...I want to be as good to my DIL as my MIL is! I guess we're really lucky! Hey...It won't be long that you'll be a Grandma too!!! LOL!! Have you heard from Ben or Dan lately? How's your Dad doing?

Shelley,
I really don't know what to tell you about my job! This has never happened! My Principal is trying so hard to keep me there. She's throwing a fit! In a way though, It will be nice to be in 2 schools. It will break up being stuck in one place and it may make the week go by faster! Sounds like your start of school is as busy as ever!!! What a day you had yesterday!!!! Did you get your car running?

Jennelle,
Did your students go back last Thursday or do they start this Thursday? Our teachers get $100.00 from Title 1 if they had their room set up by last Thursday. Are you teaching the same thing this year as last year?

Tina,
How's your Brother doing from his knee surgery? I think you're doing the right thing about going back to teaching when the kids get in school. I was lucky to be able to stay home until mine got in school. But I did babysit to make a little money.BTW: Happy belated Anniversary!! Where did you go out to dinner?

Doni,
Are you still trying to find a place to move? How's your Mom? Is she still doing therapy? It was nice seeing so many posts from you!!! Please continue to post girl!!!

Debbie,
It was kinda sad working yesterday without being on your floor! Now here's another job that we'll have to get use to not being together. It's like no one wants us to work together!!! Are we that bad together???? We must be wild women! I hope this school year goes fast so we can make more time for each other next summer!!!

Carol,
I wanted to tell you thanks so much for all my wonderful letters. You are so sweet Carol!! You have a full, busy life with work & sick Parents and you still made time to worry about me! Again, thank you!!!!!! My friends are right here!! We may have never meet but I feel closer to the ones here then I do some of my friends here! Does that make sense? BTW: How's your Mom & Dad? I know you have a lot going on in your life but wanted you to know how special I think you are!

Vicki,
How's your knee? Are you still able to run your daycare?

Where's Cheryl????????

I guess I better go now & mow the yard. I start back to school tomorrow. Kinda mixed feelings. I'm ready...but not ready. Understand? LOL

Love & big Hugs.....
Old 08-08-2004, 05:50 PM   #37  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey Sherry - School started Thursday. We don't get any extra incentives for having our room ready by a certain day. The budget here is so tight it squeaks. We got a little bit of a raise, but our classroom money has been cut from $550 a year to $100 a year. That's barely enough to keep me in copier paper and board markers. Oh well, I should have figured that my raise would go to my classroom.

Do you folks know that most teachers spend $500 - $750 per year of their own money on their classroom?
Old 08-08-2004, 07:41 PM   #38  

I'm so tired, but wanted to post a quick hello. I painted crown moulding, baseboard, doors, door jams, etc. all weekend. My arms feel like jello!! The remodeling is taking quite a bit longer than I thought it would, but it will be well worth it in the end. I'm going from a 13 x 15 bedroom to an 18 X 19 and a 5 X 8 bathroom to a 10 X 12. I'm really going to enjoy that bathroom!!!

I'll be gone all this week to Little Rock to a school so that I will be certified to run the Crime Information Terminals both state and nationwide. I was told on Thursday that I am going to be the new TAC Officer. That means I'll be the co-ordinator for the terminals in our county and I'll have to make sure that everyone is properly certified to run criminal histories and enter warrants. It will be a lot of work, but I'm looking forward to learning new things and I'm flattered that they chose me to do this job. I'm going to drive back and forth each evening, so if I'm not too pooped, I'll drop in and say hello.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Old 08-09-2004, 05:31 AM   #39  

Ramona-Congratulations! Your job sounds so exciting!

Jennelle-I know how much teachers spend. I try to reimburse my teachers as much as possible, but they spend so much that we just can't give them everything back. Also, we give them $200.00 per year on supplies, but that does not include copy paper or printer ink. They use so much copy paper for AR Math, that it is impossible for them to get it all out of their classroom budgets. I haven't turned down a teacher yet when she asks for something. My principal believes in giving as much as possible to the classroom so that the children can get as much learning tools as they need.

Tina-Good for you. We have had several teachers take leaves after having their babies. You can always go back to teaching, but you can never recover time spent not with your babies. Cherish and enjoy the time that you are able to spend with them.

Sherry-I have missed you so much! Please keep posting. You are the glue that helps keeps us together here. What do you mean by suite? Is it some kind of hotel room with windows to see the game?

Today is the first day. Patty and Becky aren't up yet, Mike needs to take me to work at 6, and he's not up yet. It's 5:30, and I'm ready to roll! Better go and get everybody going!
Old 08-09-2004, 07:14 AM   #40  

Good Mornin'

Ramona.....I'm so happy for you on your new position! Congrats! Be careful driving back & forths this week. Enjoy your schooling! Take care!

Shelley.....Yes...The stadium has suites. They are very nice rooms with several comfy chairs, a bathroom, bar, sink etc. They are VERY expensive and usually are owned by the wealthly people (business owners & famous people).Anyway, the rooms have class sliding windows. They can either keep them shut or open them all the way. Then it's like sitting right out in the stadium seats only better. Understand?

Got to finsih getting ready for my 1st day back ;(

Have a great day!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 07:28 AM   #41  

STOP!!!!!

Please Go To #1...........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!
Closed Thread