Old 07-27-2004, 10:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Cool Stay At Home Moms #226!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, going to be doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:03 AM   #2  

Height: 5 foot

Hey everyone..

Ok you started a new thread on me while I was posting...!!!! So I decided to just post it over here!!!! I'm gonna get you Michelle!!!

Here is a great article that I thought you all might like:

http://www.lifetimetv.com/reallife/d...ng_weight.html

Anyways, today is starting off good. I got in my exercises as follows:

60 minutes Denise Austin & Lower body
5 minutes ABS

Last night I got in all of my exercises too!!

60 minutes Denise Austin (upper body)
40 minutes : DA Shrink your Female Fat Zones
20- weights
20- stability ball

Later on I Plan on doing some Step Aerobics or WATP. Water is ok.. Could be better. I only drank 16 oz so far. My breakfast was:
one slice of French toast,
one service low fat sausage,
½ c egg
1/8 cup lite syrup

Total calories: 395 (not bad for me!)

Anyways I got a lot to do today. I have about 4 stores to go to.. Which is funny since we have NO MONEY!! I have already planned dinner tonight. Here is the recipe, can’t remember if I gave it already…

Shortcut Beef Stew
Prep/Cook Time: 25 min.

Ingredients:

1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1" cubes*
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Tomato Soup
1 can Campbell's® Beefy Mushroom Soup
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 bag (24 oz.) frozen vegetables for stew (potatoes, carrots, celery)*

* I use stew meat instead.. Too poor to buy that other stuff
* I use canned potatoes and carrots so it can really be a shortcut!

Directions:
HEAT oil in saucepot. Add beef and cook until browned and juices evaporate, stirring often.

ADD soups, Worcestershire and vegetables. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 10 min. or until vegetables are tender. Serves 4.

Anyways…. I have to get going.. It looks like it’s gonna rain today! I’ll try to check back in later! I WAS gonna leave comments but my computer has froze up on me 4 times already… and I really need to go. I will come back later and leave comments only! I thin that may be my new way of doing this…. Anyway one day I will figure it out! Check you chicks later!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:06 AM   #3  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

I'm up a pound but I'm OK with it. That's what happens when you don't behave! I'll get that off and more this week.

No time to get personal. I'll catch up later
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:07 AM   #4  

Ok QOTD: I wouldn't do anything over, everything that has happened in my life thus far has made me who I am. I think there is a reason that I was put on the path that I have followed.

Ok my headache is pretty much gone only a little lingering after effects.

Leigh, I'm so glad you had a fun time in Savannah! Got any pictures to share?

Mel congrats on the half pound down!! Keep it up you are doing wonderful!

Penny how is the puppy doing? She is just so cute!! I can't wait for mine I'm so excited!!

Crystal good for you on keeping busy!! It must take your mind off of stuff! Have you heard anything about your house?

Cindi so sorry that you were up most of the night I hope you catch up on some sleep.

Ricci - How was your bike ride? How do you like WW so far?

Spryng I hope you are having a great time with DH.

Geri - I missss youuuuuuuuu!!!!

Ok guys I've got to get moving and ready for the doctor appt. I'll fill you in when I get home! Love to all!

Michelle
Old 07-27-2004, 11:27 AM   #5  
mama of 4little Angels

Morning Ladies,

OOTD,
I would change a couple of things but it's kinda to personal to talk about.

Jill--Welcome to the thread,you've come to the right place to get support.I think it's kind of neat that your daughters birthday is the same as my daughters birthday.Different year though my daughter will be 5yrs old.Anyhow welcome and hope you feel at home.

Penny-hope your enjoying your new puppy.It's just to cute.

mel-great on the weight down.I love it when the scale tips in my favor.Does'nt happen often enough.Good job.

Jaymi-Thanks for posting the article.I read it and learned a couple of things.
Great job on the exercising and choosing healthy eating.I also have a hard time with that alot of the time.Keep it up we're all pulling for ya.

Well I got my exercise in for the day.It's raining now.I'll be cleaning today and playing with the kids.I would advice everyone to read the article that Jaymi posted.It makes alot of sense.I knew alot that was on it but I did learn a couple of new things.Well I guess that's it.I gotta go start some laundry and mop the kitchen.ttyl
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:48 AM   #6  

Dont' know if Everyone saw my last post about my QOTD. It could be something fun you just want to do again, because you loved it. Not mistakes or the like. Like I said, I would love to take my honey moon over in Hawaii. It was the most relaxing and enjoyable time I ever had. However, life is better in so many other ways. I don't want to start over, just do it again!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 12:03 PM   #7  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Default Good Morning!

Hi everyone! I couldn't wait to wake up this morning and check all the posts. It is so fun to learn about all of you. Forigive me for not putting each one of you in my posts just yet. I want to get to know you all a little better first. Anyway, I was going to try and get to the gym today but I think my destroyed house and empty fridge should probably come first. I do however have to work at a summer camp for a few hours today so I think I will start a game of kickball or something so that I can get in some exercise. My daughter has started crawling recently too so chasing her all day may burn off a few calories too! I look forward to getting to know all of you. I have been trying to read a lot of previous posts so that I know more about you but I keep getting details mixed up with the wrong people.

I guess I will tell you a little about myself so that you can know more about me. I got married to my high school sweetheart at age 20 and we had our first baby last year right after our 3 year anniversary. I am 24 now and still trying to finish college. I just finished my 6th year! Too bad it's only equivalent to 3 years! I will hopefully be graduating this year with a bachelors degree and then entering the master of teaching program next July. I am really nervous because my best friend just started it and she said it's really hard and she doesn't have any kids! I hope to become a 3rd grade teacher and have summers off with my kids. That is my ultimate goal. That's about it for now. If anyone has any questions go ahead and ask, I'm not shy. As for the QOTD I don't regret anything really because as someone said earlier, if I hadn't made those choices I wouldn't be where I am now. Something I would do over again would probably have my daughter, it was the best experience of my life and I can't wait to do it over again 2 or 3 more times! Have a great day guys and I'll post later!

Jill
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:19 PM   #8  

Hey guys I just got back from the doctor, and they took me off my meds because my blood pressure is wicked high today it was 152/111 they are also checking my thyroid levels again and hopefully they will add some T3 to my daily medication cocktail lol. So anyway I go back on Friday morning to check my blood pressure and if its not better they are going to put me on meds for my blood pressure Anyway I am supposed to be resting to see if we can get my BP lowered so I'm gonna relax with a book.
I hope you are all having a great day!
Love to all
Michelle
Old 07-27-2004, 04:45 PM   #9  
mama of 4little Angels

Michelle--Keep us posted on your health.Having high blood pressure can be scary.They call it the silent killer because you can't tell when it's to high.So keep a close check on it.Don't get me wrong i'm no doctor.Just concerned.You'll be in my thoughts.

Well i'm doing good so far today can ya'll believe i've had no craving.I think sense I quit stressing about what and how much I eat that it's a lot easier and I don't even think about food that much.So what i'm doing might actually be working.We're having lean hamburgers on wheat buns with mac and cheese and mixed vegs.I gotta go.It sounds like the kids are tearing the house apart .ttyl
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 04:59 PM   #10  

Michelle, could the Meridia be causing this HBP problem? I know many of those meds can. Sorry, to here you didnt' get good news. You'll be in my thoughts.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:06 PM   #11  
SAHM of 3

Hi you guys or gals. I'm back from the doc.
The appt. went great. The doc said the baby is doing well. Saw it move around today and it's little arms and legs, sort of looks like a fish. Anyways, I'm almost 14 weeks and I go back Aug. 24th, then I'll be almost half way through this pregnancy, YEAH!!!
My MIL gave me my birthday present today, I won't see her tomorrow. It's a charm bracelet. The charms are hearts for each child. With their name, birthstone and a picture of a boy or girl. Even a blank one for the new baby. It's kind of heavy, LOL, but really cute.
Sounds like you are all doing well. I'm not sure what dinner is, I knew I wouldn't have much time to prepare it.
I'm gonna sit and try some crocheting for a bit. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 05:08 PM   #12  

Crystal, So glad all went well at the doctors. I bet you were so happy to see the little guy/girl. Soon, you;ll be able to tell what it is.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:40 PM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Hello again, gals. Sorry I haven't posted much today Busy busy busy. But not with anything in oarticular, just normal house stuff. I'm still off plan today, but I swear I'll be back on top of things tomorrow. I watched my new video and like it, so I'm excited to try it either later tonight or tomorrow.

QOTD- Okay, so if I could do anything again but not because of regrets, I'd do my wedding again. I absolutely loved my wedding and have always wanted to do it all again but with the same DH of course

Jaymi- it sounds like you're doing much better than I am today!

Geri- I may be up this week too. We'll see. We can cry together and then force one another to stay OP!!!

Michelle- now you listen up - I want you reclined and only thinking happy thoughts! I hope your blood pressure gets back down soon.

Angel- Hi! Glad you are hanging in there with all this diet stuff.

Jill- hi! Isn't this thread fun??? I have complete faith that you'll be able to handle the master's program

Crystal- what a great Birthday gift!!! And I'm glad everything is going well with the baby.

Okay, I'm off for a little while. I'll check back later.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:23 PM   #14  

Leigh isnt it funny how I just said how my bp was fine lol I think I jinxed it. Thanks for the concern Way to go on getting stuff done around the house and don't sweat being off plan you are doing awesome!!

Mel anything is possible with those meds but I do know that when I started losing weight that my blood pressure went down, because i was monitoring it at home especially when I first went on the meds which leads me to believe that it is the vioxx perhaps inflating my blood pressure we'll see. How are things today?

Crystal I'm so happy that your doctors appointment went well Are you going to find out if it is a boy or a girl? I never could wait! Will you post a pic of your ultrasound for us? I definately can't wait to see the newborn pics

Angel thanks so much for the concern, I'm just a medical mess lol but hopefully I'll be ok by friday when they recheck my bp. And way to go with staying on plan today! You will see great success this week at your weigh in

Jill Isnt it funny about being excited to come read posts lol. Every morning when I get up its teh first thing I do after changing diapers and when ever I go out somewhere when I get home the first thing I do is check the boards lol. Its great to have you here

Well guys hubby just served me dinner in bed lol what a sweetie so I'm gonna go eat.
Love to all!!
Michelle
Old 07-27-2004, 08:10 PM   #15  
**Kristin**

HI! Okay - so day oen of watching the neighborhood kids is down, 3 to go....uhg...they are good,but just not mine, we've had this talk before I got lits done today though, in between the park, the vet and the fun outside! I got laundry wased, folded and put awaY! Never do I get all that done in one siting! Go ME!

sorry no time to get personal tonight, I am thinking of all of you, and saying an etra prayer for those of you who had doctors appts. today..whatever the reason!

Oh yeah - the QOTD, real quick:
Something I would chose to do over is my bedroom! haha! you all were so serious, I really am mad about that room though, its neat (burgundy and copper) but its getting boring (occupational hazard)
I see new stuf all the ime and want to change it. I can't decide though if I want it dark warm tones (I like best for bedrooms) or try something light and airy, like ocean blue...oh well...no money to change it all this next couple months, we'll see
Have a great night! Talk to you all tomorrow! I know I won't have time tonight!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote