Old 07-27-2004, 12:49 PM   #46  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning ladies--

Shanna--Just so you don't worry......the heat has made me not want to eat much at all...but I have been eating. Even if it's just a small salad. My tummy doesn't like not eating and the hot heat too much. Just wanted to put your mind at ease. Thanks for watching over me!!!

Jana--Oh the trick is fun!! (write this down Shanna!!) You may have heard it before so bare with me if you have. Packaging tape......you take a strip of this and lay it on a copied photo (or a photo in a magazine or book or newspaper) and smooth it out. Then cut around it to get rid of the excess.....then, take that and put it in a bowl of warm water...the paper starts to come off, start rubbing!!! Rub off all the paper, the ink from the photo will stay on the packaging tape!! It creates a transparent photo!! I tried it from a magazine and thought it was pretty cool and easy to do. Can't do it with actually photos, needs to be a photo copied picture. You can create cool little borders with it...create your own colored background since it's trasparent......try it!! Just grab some tape, then pick a picture out of a magazine then dip in warm water. (Too bad they don't have wider tape!!)

Rk--Did I congratulate you on the weight loss?? Well girl Congratulations to you!! You and Jana will both be in the future issues of WW magazine telling your success stories!! I think that's great!!! Sorry I over looked that!

Jo--Don't worry too much about the group lunch...just choose what may be the healthiest choice (as long as it looks good to you) and the same with dinner. But if it is at all possible...try to snack on something before you go so that you're not feel real hungry when you get there. I think it helps to eat something before you go to try and tame down a little. Does that help any??

Good morning to the rest of you girls!!

James left late last night. I'm really confused on how his schedule works, he may be home on Wednesday....not sure. But he is on call all the time, and his home terminal is in Portland. (for now anyways) So majority of his time will be up there, but he'll come down to see me every chance he gets. Better than not seeing him at all!!

As I was saying to Shanna earlier here.....this heat has made me dread eating...but.....if I don't eat I tend to suffer terribly from heat exhaustion and end up passing out. So I do eat....just smaller portions and believe it or not 21 day challengers...I've been drinking tons of water!!! So I guess I'm on some kind of "Summer Heat Diet" on top of that though I've been stressing out, which slows my eating too. My portions may be too small...........so---I will enjoy seeing the number 146 while I can, and then hope that I don't go back up to 150!! The one thing that I do eat the most of during the day is BREAKFAST!!! Gotta have breakfast, gives you the energy you need for the rest of the day.

I think I'm babbling here. So on the note of breakfast, I think I'll go make some!!!

BBL
Marti

Last edited by M.N.J.; 07-27-2004 at 12:52 PM.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:20 PM   #47  
a work in progress

Default hi guys...

I'm home from work with a migraine

Wanted to come say hi, and read through everybody's posts I could find.

Just brought my cat home from the hospital -- she's been really sick and they think it's the feline calici virus. She seems to be some better, but she's really cranky now -- she doesn't really like anybody but me, and was majorly annoyed at having strangers poke her and prod her and stick her with needles. They left a phone message, "well, she's starting to attack us now, so we think she's feeling better and would be more comfortable at home..."

I wanted to do individuals, but my head hurts too much. I'm going to go nap by my cat.
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:44 PM   #48  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just wanted to check in and say Hi to everyone!

Been a busy week so far. DS birthday is tomorrow so trying to get ready for that. Since he is too busy with work from tomorrow till Friday-took him to lunch today at a new place in Wichita-Abuelo's (sp?) new mexican place, kind of fancy but that is where he wanted to go for his birthday lunch. It actually was quite good and the atmosphere was nice. Definitely will go again sometime.

Marti~hope you get the job. I have been applying for some, haven't heard anything back. Hey, I have to save for my West Coast trip next year. I plan on taking at least 2 weeks, maybe three and will need lots of spending cash and new clothes!

RosieKate~WTG on your loss! I did remember to WI and I think I got the 2 lbs. you lost! Anyway, come August 1 I have decided to join WW again. I had to quit before because of our schedules but I am going to make it a priority and whatever comes up will have to work around that. I was doing good going to the meetings and feel I need that, someone to be accountable to. By January 1, 2005 I am going to have the extra weight off.

Katie~hope the headache gets better, and your kitty too.

Not much else to say. Take care ladies. Tata for now.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 07-27-2004 at 02:55 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:46 PM   #49  

Smile

hey girlies, its me

got up this morning and did 4 mile walk video with leslie sansone. i love her videos. i have 5 total by her but this one is my fav.

had celery, apple and pb for breakfast. wanted to start the day out well.

i usually dont skip meals, however i figured since i had probably totalled out my calorie tally for the day with the crackers and cheese that i could go without dinner. im kinda glad i did cause i wasnt hungry and still wasnt hungry this a.m. I guess that puts my binge calories in a better perspective. i am trying to dust myself off and put it behind me the best i can.

Jen- as for the sweet cravings, do you eat any processed/enriched foods? cause, in dr phils book he says that the more of these you eat the more youll crave. i know not everyone likes dr phil but his book is a good read. good luck w/ wi

jana- glad your computer is better. yay!!!
taking the twins to the fair sounds like fun.

RK- glad you got the mess with the X's straight. im sure that your relieved that it is all over.

Ok let me tell you my horror story---- sewer was trying to back up in my house this morning and i couldnt get ahold of my landlord to come pull the outside plug. ( you see 2 yrs ago on xmas i came home fr vacation at my step daughters house only to find both bathrooms and my master bedroom flooded with sewer) so i started freaking out and went out with the channel locks and ripped the top off myself. better all over the yard than in the house.

Katie cat- the message about the cat on your answering machine was so hillarious.

my daughter says hi to everyone! she picked out her own smilie!

guess i'll go for now hope all is well.
tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:42 PM   #50  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I don't know whats wrong with my computer but its acting up ....
Gald to know everyone with plumber problems are all fixed up.
Katie get some rest,,,,know how you feel...arghhhhh
TJ thank your daughter for the wonderful smile!

Last night after cleaning up after dinner Tanner had football practise,,I was perfectly fine on the sidelines watching when he came up to give me all his stuff,,,necklace and earing,,,lol Too much Bling Bling...lol
Some how the head coaches wife was next to me,,,and talkinga bout how I can join up for a training class..? huh? She was convinced I had volunteered for being a med trainer...
Was coming home after practise and got called back to work,,,so I sat in doing serveillance till 1 am this morning, then had to get up and work at the office...Im TIRED! I had to go down the passport office,,,spent a 1/2 hr standing in line and was told I had to bring everyone with me...? what about those people who mail their stuff in? ^%&#%$ paid $2. for every 20 minutes highway robbery I say! Anyone need to have someone verbally put in their place? call me if you do,,,im in the mood again...lol

Well need to have supper ready,,,got practise AGAIN! What did Monte sign the boy up for? And yes why is Monte at home relaxing on the couch? While Im standing in the rain,,,yes rain. And the worst part,,,it rained most of the night,,,ever watched rain when you have to GO?

well I should dial the pizza place...lol kidding
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:46 PM   #51  

Hello again gals--

Did my chores at grandpa's while he's in Washington for the week. Who knew it takes a couple hours to water everything????

My aunt and cousin was over to clean house as they do every Tues. and my aunt said something that surprised me. She said that she can see that I've lost weight. Hmmm.....does 4lbs. make a difference in someone? I think it must of come off my big fat head. My face may look a little trimmer than before but I think that's about it.

Katie--Sorry that you're suffering from a migraine!! Try and snuggle close to your kittie and get some rest. I know that it takes time for those to go away.

Cristi--I have been no good at getting out there and searching for a job. I think I've just been waiting on this one. But it sounds positive...unless that last questionaire proves that I'm some kind of dummy.

TJ--You know something, I think landlords sense when something isn't working and they make sure that they're away from the phone when we need them most!!! I have to agree with you, better in the yard than in the house!!

Angie--My goodness girl....I would like to be by your side during one of you days of life and see how you do it all!! You soooo deserve this vacation your going on in a month or so!! What will you with yourself when you reach retirement and are able to finally rest????

Hello everyone else!!

Ok...I better some things done around the house. Then later I got to go borrow a cat carrier from my aunt. (my cat is strictly a outdoor cat!...so this will be something to have indoors while she's healing!)

Talk to you all later
Marti
Old 07-27-2004, 06:52 PM   #52  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Marti, retire? Thats when Monte and I will travell,,,there is theatre and my flowers and my books, and eventually GRANDBABIES!
YEs 4 lbs can mean a big difference in the look.
ok no pizza,,,chinese instead! YUM! ginger beef and chicken fried rice.
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:53 PM   #53  

Oh man...chinese food....love it!! Just thinking about it is making my body swell!! I retain water horrilbly!! And chinese is the worst for me. But send some my way anyway!! (think they'll deliver to me?)
Old 07-27-2004, 06:54 PM   #54  
GmaTo8

DO NOT POST HERE .. GO TO # 63
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote