Old 07-24-2004, 01:31 PM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Glad to be getting this rain, and yes we do have flash flooding her Marti! The bad thing here is it just doesn't rain a little bit continuously, we will have heavy downpours for hours and then it will stop, and then start again. There are a lot of streets, not to mention basements that get flooded in Wichita. The drains fill up so fast there is no where for the water to go.

Dr.s appts were just routine stuff. DD had an eye appt. which her eyes are fine, but she needs glasses to read. After reading for a while her eyes start to bother her. Mine was just a consultation to get some moles cut off my face. No biggee.

About wearing a bathing suit, the funny thing is DD is skinny and won't and I am fat and will. I see big women wearing them all the time. But...I do wear a cover up. If I am in the water, which by the way I don't swim. never learned how and I even took lessons as a child, was afraid of the water. Anyway, in the water don't care who sees me, outside I cover my bottom up. But I must also say, I try to go to the pool at a time when there are not many people there. And Heather you are a LOT skinnier than I am and I am sure you look fine in a bathing suit.

Susan, you are seeing Les??!! Wow, you are a more forgiving person than I am. I wouldn't be able to be just friends especially if I had feelings for the guy. Would be hard for me, but I am glad you enjoy his company.

The new program at work sounds cool Jen. Hope you get it the job.

(((((HUGS))))) Jana.

Made me laugh Angie with the tampon thing. To this day ds will not even touch a box of tampons or pads, gets grossed out! I remember the sex talk! LOL when I thought it was time I sat all three down to watch a video, I even watched it-it was funny. Geared for kids so cartoonish. Then I let them ask me questions. At the time blockbuster had the video to borrow for free. Also, there was a special on HBO explaining and showing what happens to you when you go through puberty! Those were lifesavers. Of course the way I was when the kids were really small I found that if you are just honest with them they don't ask more questions. Some parents don't know what to say to a 5 year old that asks where do babies come from. I just told my kids when they asked and they usually didn't pursue it, if they did I told them.

Sue, I am getting on the bus with you. I got off track with TOM, and a couple of other things. Man stress will kill ya! TOM is so off track I wish it would just stay gone forever.

Anyway, Hi to everyone. I am going to finish my book today and get started on another. It is so ugly outside but at least it cooled off, and the yard got a good soaking. Not much else going on this weekend for me. The zoo has a new gorilla home and once it gets nice I am headed over to see it. They spent millions on it! Have I ever mentioned I love the zoo?! Any zoo! Have a good weekend.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 02:14 PM   #47  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

anyone on here ever been so tired that can't sleep? Ive got a headache and can't lay down..Im tired but Im unable to sleep,,,wound up from last night..I have to drive to Sylvan to pick up Mr T. then I have to go work again tonight. I can't even go lay in the sun cause of the antiboitics...I am an 8 + hours of sleep kinda girl...this 4.5 is not doing anything for me.
btw,,,you guys need to read the Janet Evanovich books to know what kind of a PI I am...Im more along the lines of her...Ill have to read them Sue Grafton books thou to know for sure...its just that many a time I sat there reading EVanovich books going oh ya I can so relate to that! (I know shes a bounty hunter and all,,,its just shes done so many things Ive done)
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 03:29 PM   #48  
GmaTo8

Hello Ladies,

Angie - the PI in the Janet Evonovich books is a whole lot like the one in Sue Grafton's. They both remind me of you! About the role for Tanner, have you decided yet what to do? I think RK gave you some really good advice. Reading the script first is a good idea. Hope you do finally get some rest!

Heather - I'm with the others on the swimming thing - jump in! And since you are already on the losing bus - just think - next year you won't have to think twice about it. You'll be at goal and probably all buff, too.

RosieKate - a margarita sounds real good right about now! And yep, the weather here in Indiana is absolutely gorgeous! Not a moment too soon, either!

TJ - hope you are op today! You've got a good thing going on....

SueTalks - the bus is pullin' out... hop on, friend, lol! Sorry you missed the trip west (different bus, lol) but Nov. will be here before you know it. The temp this morning was too cool for me to take my coffee out to the patio - didn't think I'd be able to say that til about October, lol.

Jen - glad you are better. How long would it take to get your certificate in Case Management and would it involve a raise? You're right about it looking good on your resume, especially with all the baby boomers getting older, I suppose there will be more and more need for it.

Susan - glad you can be friends with Les. Just so I understand... he didn't know his old girlfriend was preggers when he started seeing you, right? And it was over between them? YAY for you getting back to 144.5

Marti - hope all is better at your house! Have fun with James today. Does he go back tomorrow?

Cristi - thank you so much for the hugs... I needed them. Glad the Dr. visits were just routine. I know what you mean about a good book.... R is for Ricochet is so good I can barely put it down!

After the funeral today, instead of going to the dinner, I came home and washed windows. With the weather being so nice, the house is all opened and smells soooooo good!

Down 1 3/4 this week. I'm 1/2 pound from 60 gone, and that seems unreal...

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 04:28 PM   #49  

Height: 5'1"

Hello again girls--

I'm feeling a little weepy today so forgive me.

Jana--You first...I am so sorry about what you are going through! I've been so engrossed with what's going on here at home that I just kind of glanced over all the post! Hugs to you!! (oh...and congrats on the weight loss!!)

Sue--Don't worry about the missing the bus.....I've let the bus pass on by many many times!! We'll just all get back on it together.

Tj--How is everything coming along? Keep up the good work. Sounds like you're doing great!

Angie--I've been tired that I couldn't sleep many times. I've had jobs where the scheduling would change and it would take me days to get used to it. After which I became a zombie. Hope you start getting rest soon!

Jen--Glad your cats are healing fine...my mama cat will be getting dealt with on Wed. Won't that be fun?

Cristi--Flash floods scare me. I've never experienced one, just heard about them. I can't imagine that happening and getting carried away from it!

Susan--Congrats at being at 144.5!! As for Les, just be careful. Take as much time as you need....make it years ....nothing wrong with just being friends, but if it developes into something else...that's good too.

Hope I didn't miss anyone......If I did I'm sorry.

Well I better get going....I've got some cleaning to do before James gets home...can't let him see how relaxed I got! I want to spend as much time with as I can.....found out he may be gone much longer than he thought....has brought my spirits way down. I will talk to you later

marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 06:07 PM   #50  
kitty Momo

Marti- If James is going to be up here in Portland just bring the animals and stay at my place! Even better- maybe RK has extra room?? Sounds like she has a yard so the animals can romp around in her organic garden??? lol

Just teasing, RK. Is it not hot today?? Going to sit in this A/C office and cool down.

Anyway, Marti ........hope the weepies go away.

Yes, Crisit. I am a very forgiving door mat......lol. I will clairify his story-......he has not seen/heard from her for 5 months.He doesn't believe she is pregnant but when they seperated she had taken a test and it was positive......and took a second one and it was negative.He felt he really didn't know if she was or wasn't.......I don't think I would really have a relationship with him now.I have kind of cooled my feelings on him .
Maybe kind of talk with him a few times in the week, maybe see each other once or twice in a month.......I don't know.
He does make me laugh and I really enjoyed just doing that last night......with no illl feelings or any thoughts in the romantic sense.As much as I fuss about the whole darn thing I like being single, so I am glad things have calmed down with him........

Blah-blah......

OMG- I need front brakes real bad. It is going to cost $175.

Watched Rebecca play Mario this morning at her dad's house. Dozed off after awhile- Rachel finally woke up & wandered down stairs......and we had a salad together.
Came back home and met up with Gaby & Mike. They stayed for a second- Gaby was so hot. I told him he needed to cool her down.....gave her a popscicle and she threw up. Changed her clothes and offered to keep her but "dad" said no........so now I am worried about her. She seemed ok though when they left.

Ok- I am going.Cristi never did see those pictures.If you email to me I will email some recent ones????? What a deal , eh??

YAY- on the weight loss Jana!! Just very inspiring!!!! I know last year after Gaby was born I tried to lose weight and could never manage to break that 150 mark- so I just try to remember that know when I get discouraged........ " I am below 150! YAY- I am below 145!! YAY......." lol.......sooooo friggin goofy today...

ttfn

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 07-24-2004 at 06:20 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 07:15 PM   #51  
GmaTo8

I'm back just for a minute...

Marti - awwww, I know you miss James. But keeping telling yourself it's for your future. And like Susan said, maybe you could go to Portland once in awhile. (get the extra room ready, RK) In the meantime, come here and we'll keep you company. Not the same, I know, but hey, we care about you, too.

Susan - glad you aren't settling for just "so-so" in a relationship. And when you think about it, it's harder to find a good friend than a lover. Bet the Gabster just got too hot.. hope she is okay now.

Later,
Old 07-24-2004, 07:17 PM   #52  
GmaTo8

DO NOT POST HERE.... GO TO #62