Old 07-22-2004, 11:32 AM   #16  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

there must be a horrible accident just south of my house,,,the air ambulance has flown by once and just went back there again....oh I can see it landing near the highway,,,which I do live near by...
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 11:39 AM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning ladies--

Susan--I love Costco hotdogs....even Jerrys hotdogs!! I don't eat hotdogs often and when I do, it from either of those places!!

Katie--Sorry you missed the chat!! Try coming on tonight. I don't know if I will be able to make it or not, I'm taking my dd home tonight. But I should be back in time! I do find it hard though when other women from different area's drop in and start yappin! I'm slow! Can't keep up!!

Jana--Enjoy your lunch with Mary today!!

Jo--Glad to see you on the chitchat thread!! I have not ever used the firm...but my sister has the tapes and I've been tempted to borrow them, she also has some other workout tapes (not like I don't have enough of my own) that I would like to borrow. Right now, I've been doing pilates again! Really like doing those. Very easy on the body and you can really feel it working! (I just gotta keep it up!!!)

Angie--Nothing like collection agency sending you stuff!! James got one in the mail a couple months ago for and AOL account that was free when we first got our computer!! They wanted $96!! James was livid to say the least, so he got on the phone and called up the collection agency and went off. According to them we went over or 6mos free AOL by three weeks. Three Weeks!!?? So James had me type out a letter telling him he will pay for the three weeks, but not the anymore than that (not $96!) and also said something like, this is the first time he ever received a notice on the subject why is it already to collections? Shouldn't the company contact them first? Well...that was a few months ago and we still haven't heard from them. Told them to send us a bill for those 3 weeks........ I don't think I would ever want a job at a collection agency!!

Morning to the rest of you girls. Not sure what's up today....I have laundry and I have to go to the bank today and do some yelling myself. I was going over my bank statements last night and I have four different actions that were taken out twice!! Once was taken out three times!! And one of the purchases was for $99!!! Now that can't be right!! So I made sure I circled them all and I will be making an appearance......but I don't think I will be as loud as Angie...

I need some coffee......

BBL
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:39 PM   #18  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Morning Ladies~

Jana~no, don't really have anything set/scheduled to do on Wednesday's. Just most of the time V doesn't work overtime on that day, or sometimes Thursday and sometimes we go out. But there are a couple of shows that I have to watch, well don't have to but want to so don't usually get on the computer. Was on last night for a few mintues though in between shows. Have a wonderful lunch with Mary today. I know I enjoy my time with DD, and DS's.

Marti~I hear ya about AOL! We had cancelled them a few years ago, but have since gone back. Have been wanting to change back to MSN but DD says no! So...for now I am dealing with AOL. Anyway...when we cancelled a few years ago because they had dropped one of their local numbers, we cancelled in the middle of the month and got a bill from them. They had actually billed our credit card for the following month. I had to call the credit card co and argue with them to take it off, then we starting getting letters from AOL. After the first one we talked to them and they said we still owed for Dec. I disagreed, and wrote the BBB. Then about a week later we get a letter from AOL apologizing for the mix up and it had been taken care of.

Angie~I feel your pain. I also had that happen-I argued with the woman over the phone and told her I was holding a copy of the cancelled check in my hand. I had to send the lady a copy of the front and back of the cancelled check to prove it was paid. I try not to get angry, but sometimes some of those people will not listen. They get smart with you and there is no need for it. I too wouldn't work in collcetions Marti. Glad to hear George Strait was good. One day I am going to go see him. Had the chance a few years ago, DH was going to take me in KC. But it was a Memorial Day Weekend thing and there were a lot of other artists going to be there. I don't like crowds and figured there would be a lot of people there, always are on a holiday weekend, so I passed-bummer. Hope you get to feeling better, and glad Brandons toe is fine.

Susan~so glad to see you! Yes, girly we worry about you when you are gone for more than a day or two. And as Jana said, when you fall off the wagon is when you need us. But I do understand. When I am feeling that way I don't want to bother others, even though I know that is when I should be posting.

Jo~I have seen the Firm on tv and thought about buying it. Never did though, and don't know anyone who has it. Just couldn't imagine living in your weather. But would love the 65-70 degree weather in December. Now that I could go for. I think our usual in December is 20-30 degrees, not sure but it is cold.

Katiecat~so glad to see ya posting. We miss you girly, but totally understand about the early hours and being pooped.

RosieKate~hey girly, did you know you have been spelling my name wrong??? LOL It's without the H.

Hi to everyone else

Nothing much on the agenda for today. Watering the yard right now, even though they say it is going to rain today. Ha, I will believe it when I see it. Doesn't look like rain to me. Have a couple of loads of laundry to do and vacuuming and that is it. Need to finish my book. Did my grocery shopping early this morning, well at about 8:45 or so. Left there at 9:30 and was amazed at how empty the store was, very unusual. Well, at least it was quiet, no screaming kids! Well, I need to go move the sprinkler. I am going to try my hardest to make it onlin tonight-I keep missing all the fun.

Have a good day ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 01:25 PM   #19  
my dad made me1 from wood

im tired hubby had to do a 20k this at 2am today and didn't get back in till 9am I couldn't go to sleep after he left and hadn't gotten to bed before that I finally went to sleep when he came in. I slept good until dizzy(puppy) decided she was wanted to get on the bed too so she barked until i woke up and put her on it.
Yesterday dh and i went and used the gyms sauna and jaccuzi it was great plus I did pilates and my si6 video and walked for a ml..
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:02 PM   #20  

hey all
i want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for chatting with me in the room last night. i felt so motivated that i got up this morning at 6am and did an our long video by Leslie Sansone called "walk away the pounds 4 mile challenge." i have ate healthy all day and have drank my water. i havent felt this good in so long. thank you so much. i also took the advice and prayed when i wanted to eat cookies. i have a feeling that i will be praying a lot. but right now i feel strong and confident. i was half afraid to weigh myself but because i need a start wt i did it...222. and my ultimate goal is officially 140. so there....stuck in concrete. thanks again.
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 04:46 PM   #21  
RosieKate

Cristi - So sorry I've been spelling your name wrong, will try harder there. I get thinking things faster than my fingers can type and ....well, I'm just not the greatest typist. i can't stand AOL..they are overpriced.....i use a regional ISP and I just love them so much! I hardly ever get any spam in my email and they gave us free tools to ward off popups and spyware.

TJ - Welcome. I'm glad you are checking us out. Sorry I couldn't hang out to chat more last night, but maybe I'll get to chat with you again in there. My starting weight was 220.....even then I was exercsing alot and eating right...and I felt really good about myself. I think that no matter what my weight, staying active helps keep a positive attitude. Keep up the good work!

Marti - hope you make it to the beach...it is going to be so hot! I just made plans to take the kids to a friends house tomorrow am and let them run themselves ragged in the sprinkler. James has his little track meet tomorrow, but it's in the evening, so it will hopefully be a little cooled off.

Jo - don't know how you manage in PR. I'm a wimpy Oregonian and I start getting cranky when the weather is over 85. I don't like AC all that much, gives me a sore throat..... Good luck on your weigh in tonight...

Angie- Sorry about the collectors. That kind of stuff will really ruin a person's day. Good thing you dealt with it - a good credit report is important.

Susan- I love those Costco dogs, too! I have some in my freezer. We did some entertaining and still had some left over. The packages are so big. I guess I'll take them on our camping trip in August. Glad to read that your summer is going along well. Is Rebecca looking forward to moving up to middle school?

Jana- did you get my PM? Enjoyed chatting with you online last night. Don't know about tonight, though. James has track camp until 8:45, so I'll catch you all another Thursday.

I took the kids to a park to play this a.m., but it got too hot, so we came home around 11. Then the kids played in the kiddie pool in the back yard for awhile. My daughter, who has been going napless all week, had a major meltdown, then fell asleep. This is why I am posting midday today. She's at this awkward in-between stage. Doesn't really need a nap everyday now, but clearly can't give them up entirely. DS is having a siesta every day because track camp runs past his bedtime. So today I get a little midday quiet! I'll probably spend it cleaning house Well, gotta go clean out the pool.....
Keep cool and I will check back later...
RosieKate
Old 07-22-2004, 06:47 PM   #22  
GmaTo8

Hello!!

Jo - welcome to the group! I don't do The Firm, but think a lot of people do. Good luck with weigh in tonight.

Angie - glad you got the gym guy straightened out! I also cry when I get very angry during a confrontation, and it really aggravates me that I do! Did you get any good photos at the concerts you've been to? If so, share, ok?

Marti - I tried to meet you in chat earlier, but you signed off before we could get there, lol. Hope you get things straightened out at the bank!

Cristi - I thought you had something on Wednesdays because on the Chat thread, you said Wednesday were out. Anywho, hope to see you there tonight! One of my old jobs was following up on bad checks for a department store I worked for. Yikes, talk about hostile people! Like it was my fault their check bounced, lol.

Heather - hope you got some rest.

TJ - welcome! I have the Leslie Sansome WATP 1, 2, & 3. But now I do the treadmill, and the dvd's are just getting dusty. 4 miles is a lot! Glad you are being strong so far. Just "don't let what you want for the moment ruin what you want most", ok?

RosieKate - yep, got your PM. I already have the Fast Track... didn't I send you a copy of the higher protein one? I mailed them to several JLs... It is very restrictive, but effective when first starting.

Hi Susan, Shanna, Jen, Kayecee and anyone else I forgot..

Well, speaking of straightening people out, this must be a banner day for it! I went in for my glasses today, and they were all wrong!!!! This is from the "best" opticians this area has to offer, btw. The lens were not even close, and the frames were close but not the right ones!!!! I made them give me a refund, and said why should I let them re-order? Why would I think it would be correct next time??? The place was crowded and they were quick to give me the money, and get me out, lol. Then I took my prescription to Wal-mart's eye place, and ordered what I wanted. And saved $200! Now, if only they get them right, lol. Meantime, I have to wait another 7-10 days!

Chat tonight, ladies .... 9 PM central daylight time ... see you there!

Buh-bye for now.....
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 07:23 PM   #23  

Hi gals. I only have a few minutes, and then I have to get busy around here. I don't want to be stuck doing everything all weekend when I am off.

I've been fighting migraines all week, especially today, with the humidity and storms. Today is different, not so much pain, but so dizzy. It's starting to hit again. I'm not sure which is worse. UGH.

The cats are all doing fine. One is excellent, the other is still a conehead, but all of her staples are still in from Monday, so there you go! Guess she'll have to put up with it for at least another week! Poor girl! And I get to go through this again this fall with my kitten and her mom. I hope they aren't so feisty about it.

Well, I'm going to go, having trouble typing the way my head feels. Hopefully, I can get back in later tonight.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 09:39 PM   #24  
kitty Momo

Hi to Jo and TJ (?) hope that is right and anyone else that is somewhat new. TAkes me forever to learn names but certainly welcome!

Cristi- Thanks for the mail!! So sweet.....

Ang- before it goes to collection you didn't get any letters or telephone calls? Ususally thats the way it works........not that I would know or anything- lol

AOL is HORRIBLE!! Still billing my ex husband and he doesn't even have a computer.........lol.

Thanks, Katie!! Cold sore is almost gone-

Jen- hope you are feeling better!

Lovely picture Jana!! Is that new?? You look so different from a few months ago!!

I ate most of my calories this morning. Trying to munch on veggies and fruit tonight.
Cleaned the bedrooms of Rachel and Rebecca this morning. It was fun, I miss that - miss taking care of them.
I guess Gaby got her finger stuck in a key hole at DMV today and couldn't get it out.......of course finally she did. This was when she was with the "babysitter".....see, I miss all the fun stuff!
I am almost done with my newsletter, it looks so pretty. I am up to 6 pages now, my first one 2 months ago was only 2 pages..............front and back..lol........I really like doing it.

I heard from Les Is No More. That is all I will say about that, he did apologize and we talked some.

What else?? Oh, Marti!!! Can't you ever come visit Portland with James?? Be fun to meet you , along with RK.....some morning I am just going to show up on her (RK) front yard. Not that I know where she lives but she has given enough clues, I can maybe figure it out. Angie ain't the only PI.......lol....

I better go. Having a good day and all.........

ttfn

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 07-22-2004 at 09:43 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 01:24 AM   #25  

Hello girls...

Thought I would come on before I went to bed. Didn't get back in time to chat with everyone! Sorry about that. Traffic was back up for miles. I thought it was an accident somewhere but it was a broken down semi...in the fast lane on a bridge. Now how messed up is that? On my way back it looked so back up....it looked like a convoy of trucks!! I couldn't see many cars just semi's.

I went to the bank this afternoon. Jhanai wanted to stay with grandpa while I went so I dropped her off. Apparently they messed up everyones statements and had already corrected it...so I made them print me a new copy just to make sure. Now I'm balanced! (ok...maybe I'm off by a few dollars....and not in my favor either!)

I well girls, I better get ready for bed. I have an early appointment to get my oil changed in the car. 9:00. Too early for me to want to be up and out of the house by then!! (boy I've been spoiled)

Chat with you all tomorrow.

marti
Old 07-23-2004, 09:27 AM   #26  

Good morning ladies--

Up earlier this morning, I kept hearing a whistling sound and come to realize it was me! Heaven forbid.....poor James...He must sleep better while he's away!

And since I had to get up early anyway I thought I would get up now. (My alarm was set for 7:00)

Quick Individuals (since I didn't do them last night)

Cristi--There must be a history with AOL and them taking money when they're not suppose to....James had the same problem when we first got together...they kept deducting it out of his bank account after he had cancelled it months before. He didn't even have the computer hooked up anymore! He finally called them up and fixed the problem!

Heather--Boy...I miss having the gym and being able to use the sauna's and jacuzzi!! Ok..ok...I never actually used them....but I always said would! (just was always know I had the option)

TJ--Welcome!! Sorry I had to go so shortly after while in the chat room. My DD was getting anxious with me and I figured I better get off...only for her to get on the computer!!

RK--It's early and cool still, but I'm really not looking forward to the weather today if the weather gets as hot as they say it's going to be. I would leave my A/C on while I was gone, but I hate to do that since I have no idea how long I'll be! Try and keep cool!!

Jana--I hope you get your glasses fiasco all fixed up and that you have nice spectacals by this time next week!! Keep my fingers crossed for you.

Jen--Sorry that you're suffering from Migraines!! I get them every once in awhile and I just can't seem to stand any movement, light, sound....anything! I can't imagine suffering with it for a week!! Hope you get better soon!

Susan--I could stay with James, but I have animals at home and no one to watch them!! I would leave my dogs with the vet/kennel if we ever went on vacation, but for only a day.....it's too long. He told me last night that he may be stuck in Portland for a couple months....being the first job location after becoming conductor.....I wasn't too happy, but what can I do?(I'm praying that he won't...he'll find out either today or tomorrow)

Angie--I hope those antibiotics are working for you!!

Morning to the rest of you girls!!

I better take the "kids" out for their morning bathroom break then get myself ready for an hour wait for my oil change. Got my book with me to read.....one of the Sue Grafton books...."D is for deadbeat" (I believe that's the name anyway)

I will stop in later on!

Marti
Old 07-23-2004, 09:40 AM   #27  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning ladies!

Jen - awww, hope your migraines are slacking off. With the weather we'e having, no wonder they are bad. Glad the cats are doing ok with no more missing stitches.

Susan - yes, the photo is new, but before you get too proud of me, I have to admit that I took about 40 of them to get 1 to look decent, lol. What was Gaby doing at the DMV? Is she getting her driver's license, lol. Glad the finger went home with her, lol. You know, I think we may have been a little hard on LesisMore. At least he told you about his situation before things got "too" close between the two of you.

Marti - I was late getting to chat myself, and ended up visiting with Elle for about 1/2 an hour. Although I invited her to join us here, she said she has hopped over to the 20's site. I know she'll have fun with women closer to her own age. Not that we are old, or anything, lol. Glad things got lined out at the bank. Any financial mess-up is scary!

Hi to all the other Jaded Ladies.

Cristi has bowed out from being a co-mod, and I want to thank her so much for helping while she did. Suzanne says that when I am on vacation, it won't be a problem for one of the other mods to peek in here.

Mary's going to color my hair today. I've got that funeral viewing tonight, and don't want to blind anyone with my silver roots, lol.

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:42 AM   #28  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good Morning All~

Not much to say just a quickie to say Hi. Have a busy day planned today with Dr.s appts. and such. Finally got the rain they said, boy is it flooded. Anyhoo...take care and have a good day and a GREAT weekend!

Oh, Susan you are very welcome for the card. I do worry and think about you when you are MIA.

See ya...
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:41 AM   #29  
Jo

Good morning!! Just wanted to share the results of my weight in was that I lost FIVE POUNDS! I am really happy because I have been following my diet and using my bycicle almost every day....

Although five pounds aren't noticeable right now, I hope I shed 2-3 pounds on my second week.

I have decided to go purchase the firm tapes so I will let you know how they work out for me.

Another thing... is that you know that english isn't my first language so if something doesn't make a lot of sense let me know!

How do you get into the live chat.. I have no idea.. HELP..

Saludos,

Jo
Johanne Corsino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:56 AM   #30  

Good Morning Jo--

If you want to chat...just go to the top of the page and along the menu bar you will see that last one is Chat....go there and it will ask you to put in a user name and password, but since you're a member you just need to put in your name and enter....that will take you to the chat room. Once there you can see who all is in there...at the bottom you can see all the sub rooms and the Jaded Ladies is among them.

Hope you can join us sometime. Well I better hit the road. Talk to you later!

Marti

btw...your english is wonderful so far!! haven't seen any misunderstandings at all!