Old 07-19-2004, 06:01 PM   #31  
Returning Fat Chick

S/C/G: 292/261/170

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Stay at home Moms!

Hi.. this should be it's own forum. I bet there is alot of stay at home mom's struggling to lose weight and still take care of a home and family.

Just one question... Where do you girls find all your energy

Last edited by Hunskie; 07-20-2004 at 05:29 AM.
Hunskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:18 PM   #32  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Question Energy?

What's that????? I wish I knew where to get it!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:54 PM   #33  
mama of 4little Angels

I need some of that energy about right now.lol I just finished supper.It was good.I decided to fix mesquite chicken and stove top and green beans.The kids are going to have what I call kids food.Tonight it's corndogs mac&cheese and green beans.Normally I fix the same food for the whole family but they really wanted corndogs,so of coarse I gave in and let them have it.Anyhow,I'm really tired and wondering if i'm going to be able to finish housework today I've got to get some sleep tonight.But for right now I think I need some coffee just to make it to bedtime.Anyhow,so far so good with me staying OP.I'm going to try and keep busy so I don't sit around and eat this evening or go to bed one,not sure which.But anything to stay OP.
What does DH stand for?I know you girls are refering to your husbands but I 'm not sure what that stands for.Just curious.Well let me get off here and vacum and clean up supper and give the kids their supper and baths and storytime and finish laundry and then I think it will be safe for me to pass out lol.You ladies have a nice day .ttyl
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:56 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi again!

Boy this computer has been so aggravating!! I uninstalled and re-installed my kodak software (that is what my manual said to do) and not it won't work at all!! My dock won't even charge my digital camera... I don't know what else to do. Dh thinks the hard drive on this computer is dying on us. I just hope it makes it until friday because dh is the only one who can fix it and I don't want to not be able to chat with you all!!
but I did finally get fxfoto to read my camera and got those pics uploaded... couldn't edit them the way I needed to though so the bracelet looks too harsh... but here it is AHHHHHHHHH!!! It saved it as an application and not a photo! I'm about to pull my hair out. I was able to send it to my email.. hold on... maybe I got it now...

lets see if it worked...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1225.jpg (16.1 KB, 34 views)
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:58 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

OK!!! I'm so excited! The two black beads together is the starting pt so you know where to begin each day, this one has 25 beads since I only get 20 pts each day but I can make them 30 too. So... if anyone is interested let me know, plus I can gets pearls and such like those on ebay. Ok.... Penny I would love to chat tonight! 10 pm central??
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 07:15 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking Good Afternoon!!

Spryng that bracelet is beautiful!!! I would love a couple of them ya know for like different outfits and stuff perhaps I'll try my hand at making some too!! I would love to chat tonight as well!!! Can't wait!!

Penny - So neat that you are gonna try WW too!! I found that it really helps me to consume all of my calories in the day!! Are you going to combine it with some of the SBD principles? Thats what I'm trying to do so I still eat healthy You will do great girly!!

Leigh - I definately want to see some pictures when you are done decorating in your house Thats always so fun!!

Angel - Your mesquite chicken sounds wonderful!!! DH means Dear Husband/hubby Keep yourself busy girly!! I always ask myself if I'm eating because I'm bored or because I'm hungry and that usually does the trick for me

Cindi - So glad you had a good time at the concert!! You definately deserved to have a fun day!!

Hunskie - Energy? What energy? LOL I'm a good actress so I just pretend I have loads of energy!! Then when DH gets home I just pass out from exhaustion lol jk

Well guys I need to go eat some dinner. I will be back later for chat!! Can't wait!!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 07:40 PM   #37  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Thumbs down

I wish you could chat earlier, I will never make it til 11 my time today! But do what works for the majority, life is too unpredictable here! I am catching Spryng's cold anyway(Thanks Alot!! You didn't have to share)

Thanks Michelle, we did have fun, but I am so tired! I was already sore from all the housework I did for the party(sad, but true!) and my legs feel like they have cement blocks tied to them! I don't think the soreness I feel is normal, but can't think of any other reason for it.

Back in a bit!
Old 07-19-2004, 07:59 PM   #38  
Seen any cute shoes???

Default I did it...

I did pilates during quiet time --go me-- one day down, the rest of my life to go.

Leigh--girlie midtown isn't N. Ga I was born in Carrollton and graduated from high school there (Central) went to college in Cleveland. I've lived in LaGrange, Buford and my dad pastors a church in Newnan currently. ( that is possibly more than you ever wanted or needed to know -rotflol-)

Supper ended up being Mushroom Porkchops and asparagus. Yum.

I can't recall who was addressing routines. But for me they are a wonderful thing. I'm not anal about it and I allow room for unplanned stuff. But we do have a pretty set schedule around here and things run much smoother when we were on schedule. My boys have quite time from 1-3 every day. My 5 yr old hasn't napped for 2 years but he lays in his bed and reads or looks at magazines and just kind of chills. The are also in bed by 8:30. Which means we start our nighttime routine at about 7-7:15. That way we get in showers, brushing teeth, reading books and prayers etc. The boys also have ''jobs'' they do each day and we have a chore chart and stickers that encourage that. The two older ones help me out every other day. The day they are the ''momma's helper'' they get to help with laundry/cooking etc. That is also the day they tidy/clean the powder room. They just wipe down with clorox wipes and swiffer the floor with a wet swiffer thingy. Its just the right size for them to feel accomplished without feeling overwhelmed. Not to mention my downstairs bath is always tidy

As far a clothes (can't remember who mentioned that either) the boys went through a pair of jeans a month year before last. I ended up buying jeans at Old Navy and they lasted the longest. I've also heard of doing the iron on patches (inside) the jeans so that they are reinforced. We buy most of the kids clothes at Target/Old Navy/Walmart/Children's Place (clearance). Someone mentioned Khols and they do have terrific sales. My mom is always racking up on the boys stuff there.

With all of that said, it's time to head up stairs and get the boys started toward bedtime. Hope you all had a great day.

Last edited by CheriBrorsen; 07-19-2004 at 08:06 PM.
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:08 PM   #39  
**Kristin**

Hi Ladies - Just wanted to check in real quick before leaving for work. I have been aweful about posting today..sheesh - too much going on, I was so tired by 3PM that I laid down w/ sydney today! I usually try and get on the computer about then, but oh well!
I will try better tomorrow. I have stayed OP as far as eating goes today, and pretty much all weekend (with the help of every last flex point I had! ) Anyway, I can't say the same for the exercise part though, ugh...I feel so lifeless lately...TOM is soon approaching,. so that is probably it.
You all are so chatty today, can't beleive that I missed almost a WHOLE thread in one day! I've missed you all today, and hopefully I can post a little tonight, if I am not exhausted after I get home, and get dd in the tub.
I joined Flylady today, too cool. I am going to make it a goal to get my butt in gear tomorrow and organize my planner, and get my schedule down. I need to so bad, I can't stand just "finding' things to do. My ultimate goal would be to plan every meal for my family, but I know that is not an option, maybe just plan out 3 or 4 different meals and just pick one of them, when I am at a loss for lunch, same w. breakfast! We'll see....I'm with Penny, I need to organize my life! and remember to take my vitamins! haha!
Well ladies, I better get going, maybe I can make it to chat tonight, we'll see! Are you chatting at moms?.....
Hope everyone had a great day, and that it continue with a relaxing evening!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:12 PM   #40  
Seen any cute shoes???

Default Did someone say chat??? :)

Spryng--your bracelet turned out beautiful.

BigTimeLoser--Love , love, love Casting Crowns.

How to yall do chats. I'd love to do that sometime for sure.
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:34 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Cheri we have a site that we post recipes and stuff on at: http://groups.msn.com/momslosingweight hopefully the link works this time last time it didn't just join the group and click on the chat link Maybe you can make it tonight

Ok I'm finishing my supper! See ya at chat everyone!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:52 PM   #42  
mama of 4little Angels

just seeing if i got the signature figured out.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:54 PM   #43  
mama of 4little Angels

yep got it figured out now i've got to fix it.I finally weighed myself i'm back down to were I left off.Kind of like starting all over again.Now if I can just loose some more weight b4 TOM comes to visit again next month.lol
Old 07-19-2004, 09:03 PM   #44  
SAHM of 3

Hunskie, I just started taking Barley Green, I started with 7 a day now I'm taking 10 a day. It's not going to hurt me, it's just veggies, it is an energy booster. I'm pregnant and was having a terrible time getting my energy back. By the way, Welcome. Tell us about yourself.
I'm Crystal, sahm of 3 and of course almost 4. Ages: Alisa 5, Ally 3, and Andrew 19 months. I'm due February 1st. I homeschool and am a Watkins and Avon Representative. I live in Texas.
So it's your turn. Glad you found us and hope you stick around.

Dinner was pretty good. Spryng, that bracelet is too cute.
I'll try to check in later, I'm gonna work on lesson plans. Got two loads of laundry done and kitchen cleaned. Can any of you tell I'm getting my energy back plus some???
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:11 PM   #45  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile

Cheri!!! I live in Carrollton now. My older kids go to Central too! We really like it here! You would have really loved the concert today! They did almost every song on the CD, and were very entertaining and took alot of time to minister to the kids there, which I rarely see at the free concerts in the mall.

I am jumping on that WW bandwagon when I can afford the materials. I need a bit more structure and tracking of what I am eating.

I had Garlic Tilapia tonight with broccoli, and it was very good!!! and SOOOOO EASY!! that's always a plus!!

Back in a few, kitchen is needing some attention!