Old 07-19-2004, 01:23 PM   #16  
Seen any cute shoes???

Crystal-- Sorry I missed your post. We live in South Texas. Really really south...as in my hubby works in Brownsville...we live a bit north of there.

Leigh--what area of N. GA do you live? I went to Truett McConnell College in Cleveland.
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:06 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I bought that homemade pearl points bracelet!! I can't wait for it to get here!! Spryng thats funny that you brought up the subject of the point bracelets because I was thinking about getting one yesterday! Maybe I'll take a trip to the bead shop tomorrow and see what they have and maybe I can figure out how to make my own bracelets!!

Ok I need to go help hubby vaccuum the pool! TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:28 PM   #18  
mama of 4little Angels

Wink Ya'll did'nt even miss me !!!lol

Hey girls.Sorry I missed yesterday.I had alot to do with church and we went to Sams to stock up.
Cheri_ Hi,I'm Angel and I've got 4 kids 8,8,7,&4 and no the 8 year olds are'nt twins one is a stepdaugter who I love just like my own.Anyhow,I live in SC and i'm a SAHM.Hope to go to work with the school this year.Well that's alittle bit about me.Glad you joined us I hav'nt been here long
Girls I've done really good staying OP today.I got my walking in this morning and I got on the Nortic Track for about 10 minutes.That thing kills me
I had a banana and coffee for breakfast and a salad with alittle bit of chex mix for lunch,I'm eating wow chips with Fat free ranch dressing right now and plan on having a light supper,Not sure what yet i'll let ya'll know what I decide.Wow chips are also Fat free.Anyhow,I've been organizing the kids rooms,thats always fun.And does anyone know where I can go to buy jeans for my kids at a decent price besides Wal-Mart?This year is bad because I have to buy new cloths for all the kids except my 4 year old.My other girls are the same size and then there is my son so I don't get to have no hand me downs.Can't really get any from my family cause all our kids are about the same size and ages.So, I'm going to have to fork out some money to get enough cloth to last them the school year.So if ya'll know of a Place feel free to let me know. ttyl Angel
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:04 PM   #19  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!

It is a very busy morning around here! Went to Wal-Mart and got my groceries.... but no shoes ..... grrr... It's ok though

Ok Spryng, I have inspired you to do the rewards system and you have inspired me to plan out my meals.....
I didn't do it for the whole week...... Just for two days ... I have to work my way up.... LOL And WE WILL ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL WEIGH IN THIS WEEK! Hope the kids aren't getting sick.

Michelle,
Congrats on getting the bracelet. I guess hubby gave you the ok to order? LOL Mine always says.... spend, spend, spend....

Cheri,
Well I guess I am in the middle of all of you. I am in Louisiana. You said you are in the bottom part, is it more towards us? Either way, I am on the way right side of the boot. I have been all over Texas though. In Del Rio, Houston, San Antonio.

Crystal,
Are you going to do your xmas shopping out of your books? I need to get starting on my shopping. I am usually done by October. I am thinking about getting alot of things monogrammed this year.

Leigh,
I think you do need a break! We all do sometimes... Have you been sbooking lately? I am behind again. Never enough hrs in the day.

Well as for me I am not going to do too much today. I am going to do my house work tomorrow. Have anyone of you ever thought about organizing your time during the day. Like dust on a certain day, mop on a certain day, etc. or do you already do it? My kids don't have a certain time during the day to rest or do our school work etc. I was just thinking about getting us a routine going. Any advice would be helpful
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:06 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Oh Michelle! I wish I would have seen your post sooner... those exact beads are at walmart, I could have made you one for nothing. I just finished mine and it's so cute! I took a pic and my camera isn't wanting to upload for me, but I'm not going to give up on it yet. So everyone else who may be wanting one of those ww bracelets, wait and tell me what you think of mine and maybe you can make one yourself and save lots of money or I'll make one for you. It was fun!

Angel, I wish I knew where jeans were cheap. If you don't mind used stuff I would look at garage sales or salvation army or goodwill.. also ebay is a great place to find kids clothes. Wish I had better ideas.

Michelle, when are you in-laws coming in? Sounds like fun for you dd's!

Crystal, I feel silly about thinking you were making lamb, lol. I love boneless skinless chicken thighs! One of my fav parts of the chicken. On the mom's losing weight board I have a recipe there for one dish rosemary chicken with white beans that is yummy! I've made it many times.

ok, sorry I couldn't get personal with everyone, I'm still fighting with this darn camera dock!! Ugh! I'm so proud of that bracelet and I can't get it to upload!! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:07 PM   #21  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Angel, You snuck in on me

I usually by the kids clothes from either Wal-Mart, Target (they have great sales) or even Old Navy. You can get pretty good prices from Old Navy. I also buy from Sears. But I am not sure what you have there. I know Ebay has great items but you can't try them on first.

Girls, any other suggestions?
Old 07-19-2004, 04:10 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Penny I'm big on routines... I have day to dust (monday's) mop (thursdays after the kids go down) etc... nap time is 1 pm... dinner is between 4:00 pm and 5:30 pm (depending on how long it takes to cook, I start cooking at 4 pm) bedtime starts at 9 pm, I lay Tanner down then the other two use the bathroom, brush their teeth, we clean up their floors and then read a book, kiss kiss, lol and then lights out. I don't think I'd ever get anything done without a routine. Did you ever do flylady? (can't remember) she can help get a routine going for cleaning as for the other just sit down and see when you normally do things and progress from there. Not everyone is cut out for schedules but my kids do better with them. HTH, ok, gonna reboot and see if that helps my camera. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:10 PM   #23  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hey Spryng!

I will pay you for one of those bracelets..... I have done some soul searching this weekend and decided that I am going to start ww. I am going to start tomorrow but I am pulling out all my books and such to get started today.

I am still struggling so I am trying to find a happy medium and I have decided to truely give ww a shot. I have never been true to myself to stick with it.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:15 PM   #24  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok, I am going to map me out a schedule. I have used flylady in the past and did great with it.... I just started slacking and now I have no cleaning schedule again.

I had a schedule when Hunter was in school but when the summer came it went out the window..... and never came back.... LOL

I think with Hunter going back to school it is time to get back into the swing of things.

I am gonna get off here and get my life organized....... LOL
Old 07-19-2004, 04:56 PM   #25  
mama of 4little Angels

Spryng--Thanks for the ideals.I'm not picky when it comes to cloths.Especially for my son he goes through them so fast.Not that he out grows them he's just rough on them he can get holes in the knees of his jeans in no time flat.He's rough on shoes to I buy him about a pair every 2 months or so if not sooner.So yes i'll can at least find him some play cloths from goodwill so he don't mess up his school cloths.

Penny-- Thanks for the ideals.I never go shopping anywhere except Wal-Mart so i'll defintly try to go to Target and Old Navy for school cloths.Oh,and Good Luck in getting you life organized. .I've been trying for years and still have'nt come close. lol And how do you budget your christmas in time to be done by with shopping in October?I've only been able to do that once in my life and it was so nice.One more Question,What is flylady?Never heard of it before.I guess that enough questions for ya for now.lol

Well all my kids plus more just come hearding in the house,straight to the kitchen,i've got to go play ref; for awhile..ttyl
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:22 PM   #26  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Angel!

FlyLady is an site to help you get your cleaning done and your house spotless. It helps you get organized You should look into it!
www.flylady.net

I know Sears has a kidvantage program where if your child wears out his clothes before he outgrows them then they will give you another item of the same size if you bring in the old ones.

Have a great evening. I am almost finished supper So that's great!

TTYL!

Hey, Does anyone want to try to chat tonight? Let me know if we can get everyone together tonight or another night that is better for everyone
Old 07-19-2004, 05:26 PM   #27  
Walking away the weight

Well, I've been looking at different shower curtains online this afternoon. I'm debating on which way to decorate the bathroom to go with the safari theme in Liam's room. I'm still debating some things, but it's fun I'm OP all day and definitely have enough points for beef fajitas tonight. I love fajitas!

Michelle- I'm glad you get along with the in-laws. I get along really well with mine too and it's nice. Sorry you don't get to see them more often, though! Enjoy your bracelet! Some of those handmade ones are really cute!

Cheri-Hi! I actually live in Atlanta - in midtown. Yes, I'm a city girl

Angel- how wonderful that your so OP today For clothing, have you ever tried consignment stores in "rich" neighborhoods? There's one here in a foo-foo neighborhood and I get Liam really beautiful clothes in excellent condition for ridiculously low prices.

Spryng- I may have you make me a bracelet, but I would certainly want to pay you somehow. I can't wait to see a picture of yours.

Penny- OMG! No, I have not even BEGUN Liam's album. However, I've decided that is one thing I will be doing on Thursdays when the sitter is here. I hadn't thought of breaking up type of cleaning by day, but it sounds like a good idea. Wait . . . did you say you're joining WW???? Whoo-Hoo!! That will be so much fun

Well, DH should be home soon and then I'll start dinner. TTYL!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:30 PM   #28  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Leigh,

You are so silly! I didn't think anyone saw that I posted that.... LOL Sssshhhh! Don't tell anyone...

Well I see how so many of you are doing so well with it! If you can do it that I can!
Old 07-19-2004, 05:35 PM   #29  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey Hey!!!

The kids and I got up and went to a concert at the mall, Casting Crowns, a GREAT Contemporary Christian band from here in GA. The kids were pretty good and the show was awesome. I have stayed OP today with no trouble at all. Now to exercise, I feel like pushing a double stroller through the masses at the mall should be good enough, but I will do my crunches and weights anyway.

Angel...www.flylady.net GO there now! LOL! YOu will love it. Also, I think Kohl's is a great place to shop if you have one where you live. Their sales are awesome, and you can get good brands for the price of walmart brands if you catch a sale!

Kids are out in the small pool, so I need to check up on them. Back later!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:35 PM   #30  
SAHM of 3

Penny, I so wish I could chat sometimes but that is dh's time, if you know what I mean?

Spryng, that recipe sounds good. Mine is chicken thighs with a mixture of tomato sauce, onion flakes, garlic powder and beef granules. Baked until done, I'll serve over spaghetti and I wish I had a salad, but fresh out of that so I don't know what else.

Okay getting laundry and dinner and dishes done. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote