Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 04:40 PM   #76  
wsw

kaylets-glad to hear that all you needed were new batteries in the training headsets at work. i too am so ready to always assume it's me when things don't go right. this is a helpful reminder for me to check out a situation before making assumptions.

i adjusted my weight upwards in signature to reflect weight gain. yuck! it is partly due to steroids but still means i have not been moving AT ALL in the right direction for far too long now. the last couple of days i have been feeling better again physically and have also been working on cleaning up my act, so plan to stick to this more stringent food plan in effort to move demon scale back in the right direction!
Old 07-29-2004, 06:58 AM   #77  

Hello all!

Ok, am starting my water challenge again today as the minute I got to work, my schedule was rearranged and I forgot all about the water... I have nearly finished 2 pts (why arent the bottles all the same size so those of us who are math challenged can keep track better?) ... and am am hoping I am will continue drinking all day...

I keep thinking of the line from Finding Nemo "just keep swimming"...
but for me its "just keep drinking... just keep trying... ".... Maybe I should go see the movie ...

Anyway...

Wsw- I have friends who have seen very rapid weight gain on steroids so don't be too hard on yourself... could very much be like my battery experience or Arabella's loose wire...
Sometimes, it really ISN"T our fault!!! !!

Thought of the day :

Don't judge;
rough diamonds may sometimes be mistaken for worthless pebbles.
---Sir Thomas Browne, English author

Question of the day:

"If you were to define the word courage by giving an example, how would you do it?"
-- --From IF (2) by Evelyn McFarlane & James Saywel

I have a training review of my phone calls today. All calls are recorded...
Am not looking forward to hearing my voice but then again, who likes their voice when recorded... ?? ah well, at least I can look for some pointers and hints...
am really going to try very hard not to take any of it too personal...

Keep smiling!
Keep swimming!

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 07-29-2004, 07:42 AM   #78  
deleted2

Just wanted to share this: yesterday I was at a bookstore and purchased one of those pocket nutritional guides and the gentleman at the register said, "its always the thin women that buy these!" Oh that silver-tongued devil! Made my day!

Old 07-29-2004, 08:23 AM   #79  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

Am off tonight for a 3 day show....so if I don't get back here 'til Monday, have a great weekend S!!!

QOD...sometimes just getting outta bed is an act of courage!

Good story Eydie!

Steroids are just not fun wsw....sometimes I have to put the dogs on them for various reasons...and I just hate to do it. When my grandmother is on prednizone, she is just the chattiest person you ever saw...it almost makes her manic...she's cool to listen to but takes a lot of energy! 'Course she's 96 now....

Anyway I have one more bush to make into a dog...coat machine she is, and preliminary packing to do, so gotta run.

Have a great week-end!

Ceara
Old 07-29-2004, 11:35 AM   #80  

What a daymaker, Eydie! Was thinking of you this a.m. as I had my early morning encouragement on the crispy patio. So serene.

Ceara, enjoy! You deserve a nice weekend away after all your tests and aggravation, etc.

wsw - know well the prednisone route and the gains from it. Love how it gives me energy though and sometimes it's tempting when I'm in a bad flare but (like you I'm sure) I save it for when I must because of past gains.

It was so great to get the reports from Wildfire and Wood Nymph. I too felt like I was a part of the get together. And it truly is a first for the group to have had real, non-virtual contact.

Ah,, Kaylets, I think I too will be coming in up from my start on this sprint. Not a lot and I have until tomorrow a.m. but right now I'm up about a 1/2 lb from the start of the sprint and a pound and a half from my "one day trip to onderland". Nonetheless I am down 5 or 6 lbs from when I got back from FL in March. My pants are baggier and I'm really starting to see a tiny bit of muscle in my upper arms so I am not discouraged.

Empress - you are SOOOOOO missed. Hope things are looking brighter. Zadie, Cerise, Punkin, Frogger - come home.

My fun for the day (that was one of my sprint goals) is that we're going to a summer theater production this afternoon. Am recovering from a real down day two days ago (yesterday was somewhat better until some poor test results for dh) and hope to get in some relaxation today.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:51 AM   #81  

Hello all!

Eydie! Too kewl! And reminds me of an earlier thought of mine about how when I see an overweight person I think, " I know how out of control that feels like..." but when I see a trim fit person I automatically think " That person must have the metabolism to be able to eat whatever they want..."

In other words, I never assume the fit person HAS TO WORK AT IT! HAS TO MAINTAIN!

In fact, this same discussion was a lunch discussion a couple days ago and the comment was made " That's what's so depressing, you have to do this forever." and my answer was, "Yes, you have to work at it but just the same as bathing, brushing your teeth, washing clothes, dishes, etc..."
I know this is a fairly new concept for me... I've been more of a fan
"Life is short, eat dessert first " but now I realize " Life WILL be short if I keep eating dessert first".......

But I'm supposed to be congratulating you Eydie! so a big "YAYYYYY!!" when the clerk notices how slim and fit you are!

Thought of the day :

"The miracle is this-- the more we share, the more we have."
---Leonard Nimoy

Question of the day:

"If you could have your license plate say anything at all, what would it be?"
---
-- --From IF (2) by Evelyn McFarlane & James Saywel

Did ok w/ water yesterday but want to do better today...

Kettle is on!
(with decaff!)
Old 07-30-2004, 08:17 AM   #82  
deleted2

Thanks, Kaylets! Your post makes me wonder if I'll ever be completely rid of my "phantom fat". When I'm doing Pilates in a position to see my own legs they still don't quite look like mine, I still remember when they were so much bigger--does that make sense? I was telling Garry about my encounter with the bookstore clerk and he said, "You know, you just weren't fully happy for a long time. Your weight effected every aspect of your life." He's right--breaks my heart, but he's right. But that was then, this is now, baby! And I'm so ready to maintain constant vigilance for the rest of my life!

Had a food revelation today. A friend visited me at work and I shared my lunch with her, so I only ate half of what I'd planned to, and it was perfectly satisfying. Physicaly satisfying , if not visually! Makes me wonder if I should try the several mini-meals theoughout the day again.

Truly missing Cerise---I'm going to see if I have her e-mail address to write to her today.
Where's Punkin? It's Friday!

Old 07-30-2004, 10:43 AM   #83  

Eydie, I love the "phantom phat" image!

Was up a tad more on scale as we ate out last night - Italian - at a restaurant owned by longtime friends who took a lot of time to visit with us - unfortunately his kidney transplant has failed after six and a half years and he's back on dialysis and a transplant list. So sad and they're so ok with it all - at least on surface.

Fun for today - off to play w/princesses for a day or two and an early celebration of the 4th birthday. Lots of exercise! Have a good weekend all.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:17 AM   #84  
deleted2

Default Just sliding thru!

I don't think I mentioned this, but my best friend is getting married today and I'm the MATRON of honor. Did you get that? "MATRON?" Yeah, I think my maiden days are behind me; that ship has sailed, as the saying goes. Anyway, I've never been part of a wedding party before and am honored. I'll also be glad when it's over. It's a 2-minister wedding and I hope they don't try to outdo each other! And I have a nice skinny-fying dress too!

So my special challenge today besides not losing the ring is to not overeat at the reception. I've been doing so well these past 15 days.

Have a great weekend!

Old 08-01-2004, 09:42 AM   #85  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Hello from Boston!

Good morning, Lovelies!

I've made it to the Boston leg of my trip. Had to get up at 4 a.m. yesterday morning to get to the airport on time, but then I had a leisurely couple of hours before my flight left I was supposed to go to Montreal first, but a very helpful agent actually said "why would they route you through Montreal? Want a direct flight?" Which is much easier, because otherwise I'd probably have had to pick up baggage and go through customs in Montreal. She said to call it an early Christmas present.

They've got us staying in Back Bay, a downtown area, which is quite lovely and walking distance to things like the Commons, the Aquarium, Faneuil Hall, galleries, and Newbury Street ("the Rodeo Drive of the east"). I took a "shock and awe" tour of the latter yesterday: shock at the rampant consumerism and excess, and awe because it was like flipping through a Vogue with virtual reality versions of all the ads. For one of my sisters and I, reading Vogue used to be something of a religious experience, looking wide-eyed at all the beautiful things. Oh, for a non-materialist I surely do like "things."

I'm going to head to the gym in a few minutes and do something aerobic and then see if there's space to do some tai chi at the rooftop pool area. Food choices weren't the best yesterday, but I resolve to do better today. Thought my pants looked much looser yesterday.

Wildfire, how goes it? Is Sybill (she of a thousand personnas, not counting the nice one who interviewed you) behaving? I count our dinner as a definite highlight of this trip.

Eydie, I bet you were a gorgeous Matron of Honor -- but don't they really need to get a new name for that position!

I was struck by your comments about the "phantom fat" and Garry's talking about how you hadn't been fully happy for a long time. Why do we do this to ourselves? This not being happy because of our weight is such a bane! And it seems to have little to do with how much we have to lose. I know that I've wasted a lot of my time and mental energy thinking about my weight and feeling unhappy. There's got to be a way around that. I resolve to try to live fully every day, starting now!

I PM'd Cerise a while ago, but didn't get an answer. I don't know if that would go to an active e-mail address or not, though. Hope she's okay.

Empress, are you getting to the end of that frantic work period? Also hope you're ok! You're so missed when you're away from us. You're the heart and soul of this group!

wsw, don't you worry a second over that steroid-induced gain. Doesn't count! And just look at your stats, Sweetie! You've accomplished wonders already and there's no doubt you're going to go the distance.

Ceara, hope that your dog show is a lot of fun! Did you ever see "Best in Show?" Is the scene anything like that?

Kaylets, that was an interesting revelation about the way we think differently about slim people and heavy people. Heavy as I am, I'm still guilty of it. I read a little gift book "Wisdom from the Four Agreements" in the airport yesterday and one of the main points was not to make assumptions. Sounds like a good idea!

Anagram, hope you had a lovely time with the princesses! I just adore those ages. My grandson is going to be 3 next month. I really miss him -- don't usually go a couple of weeks without seeing him.

Well, it always does get quiet in the summer here, but hoping the lost sheep will straggle home...

Time to start getting some of those things done instead of just talking about them. Let's make this a good one -- love to all!

Last edited by Arabella; 08-01-2004 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:59 PM   #86  

Glad you're still enjoying your trip, Wood Nymph, and so happy you're keeping in touch.

So how was the "Matronly" role, Eydie? Fun, I hope. My last stint in a wedding (other than "Mother of..." was when I was 35. My youngest sister's. When she asked me to be in her wedding, I asked if she had noticed I was 35 (she was 21). She said had I noticed I was still her sister. Of course, I was still a nice size 12 then!

Had a ball w/the girls. Older one was taping doors shut and hiding keys when we were ready to leave yesterday. Finally started sobbing which broke down her old Grandad. So today when we're ready to go she starts the same but this time we had to come home. Makes an old granny feel wanted. And so soon she'll be so busy it'll be had to make time in her life for us. I really hate to leave her. Will probably see her in 2-3 weeks again but it sometimes seems so long. She's annoyed we don't live closer to them (not that they don't live closer to US).

Ah well - Fresh Start needed tomorrow. Could easily chuck this batle tonight but won't because I must keep working on health. Did partially achieve last sprint goal of putting more fun in my life but didn't do well on the weight thing overall. A few good days and a temporary new low but I'll be avoiding Demon Scale for at least the next few days.

Six pages in two weeks! And we've been slow! I guess not too bad.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:22 PM   #87  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Smile

I'm BACK!

The week-end "trailer"er (adopting that because "trash" could be detrimental to some, and I've been in some absolutely awesome trailers...home ones, but don't want to offend folks.)

Had a great time...do NOT want to step on the scales...will just take a fresh start card...and start the walking and water programmes tomorrow a.m.

Got a new CHAMPION!!!!!!! She is so beautiful....but I'm biased. She also went best of Opposite Sex all three days. Now...the heathen 9-12 month puppy ( the new champs' sister) was a chore to show....I think I should send her to boot camp....maybe I'll just start one here for her... but she sure is a challenge to show. Had a great weekend, got to know a few people better... ones I Nodded to for years, and just generally feel refreshed...a change is as good as a vacation, right?

Hope Boston is fun for you Wood Nymph, My recollections of there are hazy...

Empress A is still having a software prob....my computer was a little weird tonight also....

So, am off for 1 more glass of wine before I start the human boot camp tomorrow, which is in 45 minutes....and I may have a bath...this fair ground was really nice, but the concept of showering in shower shoes is just weird. Naked except for the feet...I guess it cuts down on the plantar warts....anyway, a bath in my own tub sounds slightly like heaven ....

Cerise....where thee be?

Off I go!

Ceara
Closed Thread