Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 10:31 AM   #61  
Empress/Queen

Too late for me on that saying nothing negative thing, K!

Hi, all! Flybye postie!!

I'd like to take a few days off but there aren't any days that I can identify for that purpose!

Gotta go! Later ...
Old 07-23-2004, 09:23 PM   #62  

Sending some vibes your way, Empress, to right the atmosphere and give you positive refinforcement. Ooooooooomph!

Eydie, great job on "putting you out there" with the Pilates class. Your love of P. will be such a positive force for your students.

Right about the nice cooler weather, Kaylets. Two inches of rain again the last day or so but this evening it was dry and a mite coolish and I enjoyed seeing a little pink in the sunset from the patio of repose. That plus TWO refreshing naps today have made a slight dent in my permanent stress levels.
Don't know if I mentioned dh went golfing on Thursday and is making plans to go again on Monday. I'd say he's doing better.

Off to the princesses' in the a.m. - a bit of babysitting Sunday and then home again.

Hope all news is good, Ceara, and that temp and intestinal stuff are all gone.
Hope the rain stops down your way, wsw. No fun at all.

Not the best food wise but not bingeing either. Good pool workout yesterday and a hike around grocery store today.

Nice weekend, all.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:13 AM   #63  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Trying new software. It doesn't help.

I give up!
Old 07-26-2004, 05:46 AM   #64  

Hello all!

Another non stop Saturday, Sunday am as well.... we were suprised Saturday that the rain never arrived and kept saying " well, b/4 the rain is here tomorrow..." and wound up in the grocery store at 9pm when I'm usually heading to bed!

Then, Sun am was the same... rain hadnt arrived... so I quickly got 3 loads of laundry hung outside thinking at least to take advantage of the breeze. DH and I did yardwork while it was still early and then at 9, he fired up the machines and again played "b/4 the rain comes"... but by 1pm, I was out of steam...didnt wake up from my nap till 4:30...

We never got to the bowling alley has DH did something to his hand that makes it hurt to even grip a pencil so for the first time ever, I was ready to go bowling when DH wasnt.... one for the books...

I too need to schedule some vacation time.. need to know its there ..
really want to get that 10th speech on record too...

Thought of the day:

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap,
but by the seeds you plant."

--Robert Louis Stevenson

"If you could have anyone in the world stop by for a visit, who would you want it to be?"
--From IF (2) by Evelyn McFarlane & James Saywel

So far, scale is noncommital this am....

Ah well....

Now where is my umberella??

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 07-26-2004, 07:30 AM   #65  

Gray morning here again. Enjoyed tiring visit to dd's - no rain there either over the last two days but boy it came close. Gray, gray. My "plan" for the day is to get to the pool for exercise and try to stabilize my yo-yo eating habits of the last few days. Started out with slimfast. Little sleep last night but hope to enjoy day anyway. Group from pool going out to lunch after swim today - I'm planning to go strong on the salad bar and water. Will be weighing in a day early for "sprint" as will be away on the 31st.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:24 AM   #66  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Talking

Mornin'

Well all I can say is thank goodness for imodium! I think I am on the road to wellness....at least as far as that bug is concerned...Boy! Only managed to miss 1 day of work due to it, but it sure dragged me out for days....I feel nearly normal (or as near as I get) now.

Dr. appt Friday...well I thought they were looking at kidneys and bladder function...hmmm...I have a scoliosis of the spine (I wonder if I was standing straight at the time???) that I've had since a child and not known about...some calcification of my pelvic bone...just where and why I don't know...will ask on next trip. My dr was really rushed so I dwelt only on the gastro stuff. Kidneys have cysts in them, that is why they appeared enlarged on the ultrasound. That is a relief, no worry he sez. So I won't be knockin' anyone down for their kidney. However still have the grab and pull in late October....hmmm...need to make that appt!

So now I need to get my head back around life....am off to groom on the youngest heathen....not looking forward to that.

Wildfire and Arabella should be meeting today, right?

Empress A...conquer one bit at a time....new software can be intimidating...still learning new stuff all the time at work and we've been on that since last October! Lots of grey days here too Anagram and Kaylets, but no darn rain...and we need it! Thank goodness we got a lot in May! These cooler temps are a delight though....got more perennials in and moved over the week end.

QOD dunno....I thought the queen, but I'd have to vacuum. I'd love to talk to Oprah tho....I don't get to see her shows at all, and I think she'd be interesting to talk to.....that would be my choice for this moment.

Tar-Rah...off to work on the dog bush!

Ceara
Old 07-26-2004, 08:18 PM   #67  
wsw

Default confessions of a wuss

there is a wasp in here! yuck!! at first it was flying from one room to the other and now i can't even find it, and i am freaked out either way! oh well. i was just going to bed, but too wound up to do that right now, so thought i would check in and try to take my mind off that. good to catch up on posts. today was actually pretty good food and exercise-wise. awfully tired though, so will have to sign off. hope everyone's evenings are good ones. take care, all.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:10 PM   #68  

QOD - any of y'all.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:55 AM   #69  

Hello all!!

Wsw! Is that wasp dead yet? I don't like any kind of flying thing in the house...unless its in a cage and then it needs to be a bird...

Anagram! Yes! any of us would be great wouldnt it! The rain might really arrive today!

I too had an early night...Yesterday had lots of training sessons, aggravations, technical problems... As I take calls, I am being monitored by headset... Initially, I was listening the same way... and could hear fine... yesterday, I was having trouble hearing... I did move the phone to another section of my desk but then found out at noon that there are batteries inside the headsets.... so today, I am bringing new batteries w/ hopes that will fix the problem... I really began to think I had lost so much of my hearing that I couldnt do the job... but now that I think about it... I took calls last week and could hear...
See, there you go... this is why I come here... because if I just talk it thru, I can sort things out....

Ceara- I am glad the test results show good news. I don't know much about kidney problems.. Never knew that about kidney cysts but am glad to know that they are harmless... or at least yours are....
calcification... again, I don't much ... but if I'm understanding you, that's not such a good thing... Is this a "woman" thing or>>???

***Today's thought of the day :

"It's your life, why would you want to be a passenger?"
--Dr. Phil Mcgraw

Question of the day :
"If youi could have had any job in history, what would it have been?"
-- --From IF (2) by Evelyn McFarlane & James Saywel

ok my friends, ONE AND ALL!! OLD AND NEW!!

Thanks for being here !! And reminding me that we are all fighting a battle... I am paraphrasing Cerise's signature line...

CERISE!! Miss you!

Must dash...

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 07-27-2004, 07:17 PM   #70  
Hot Stuff

Hello!

Well, last night Arabella and I got together for dinner. We didn't get along at all....in fact she stormed out of the restaurant before we even ate!

JUST KIDDING!!!!!

We had a great evening! I made excellent time given it was rush hour, got there in just under an hour, and didn't get lost. Arabella came down to the car, and we headed over to the Wildfire Grille. http://www.toronto.com/wildfire Didn't get lost then, either. Off to a great start!

The restaurant was SO nice. As we walked in, the bar to the left was lit with a dozen or so tealights. Candles flickered on every table, the lights were low, and soft jazz played in the background. They weren't busy at all when we arrived, but it picked up after a bit. We were seated in a comfy booth, and James the waiter (who was pretty darn cute) came over to introduce himself. We started off with a bottle of Evian, and ordered a half bottle of Penfolds Australian chardonnay. (great wine, if you like chardonnay...very clean and crisp)

We ordered from their Summerlicious menu, which is a promotion that many Toronto restaurants are taking part in. You get a choice of appetizer, main course, and dessert all for one low price. In this case, I think we saved half of what it would have cost from the regular menu. We started with a salad, organic mesclun, strawberries, grapes, goat cheese, and a raspberry vinaigrette. I found it a little bitter, but Arabella liked it.

The main course we chose was salmon in "an herbed citrus marinade, served with saffron-infused basmati rice and sauteed asparagus" (from their menu description). For dessert Arabella went with the "Decadent Chocolate Torte...Rich chocolate served with strawberry coulis and garnished with fresh strawberries" and I had the "Zesty French Lemon Tart
Served with raspberry coulis and garnished with fresh raspberries". It was a delicious meal!

Arabella is every bit as lovely in person as she is here. We chatted about work, family, diet, what a wonderful group we have here, and shared ghost stories. We both had goosebumps at one point!

We had James the waiter take a picture for us before we left. It is still in my digital camera...will post it as soon as I can get at DH's computer to download it. It's raid night in Everquest...not a chance tonight.

We realized that we were the first of our group to meet in person. We also agreed that we really should work on getting everyone together. It would be so much fun!
Old 07-27-2004, 08:07 PM   #71  
deleted2

Vey funny, Wildfire! I swear my heart went up into my throat when I read your first line!
I'm so glad you two had such a good time and the food sounded fabulous too. Can't wait to see the pic.
Thanks for sharing!

Old 07-28-2004, 06:32 AM   #72  

Hello all!

Yes, Wildfire! You had me wondering too! but then again, I couldnt imagine why Arabella would be so upset! Very Funny! Your post made me feel as though I was right there .....

Did you two recognize each other right off or....??? its always amusing to me how we imagine someone looks before we meet them....I for one, am always a million miles away from what folks wind up looking like!

Raining here this am but forecast for weekend shows only late day showers... with any luck, it will be very much like last weekend..( no rain at all) and I will be able to motivate DH to go to the Fleamarket and sell off my album ( music) collection... and whatever else I can fit/drag/ squeeze into the truck...
Need to unload, make room, etc,etc... and albums are tough to sell online...
Condition is everything w/ music albums and seeing is everything...

Changed batteries in the training headsets at work and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!
Very good feeling to know I suddenly hadnt become hard of hearing over the weekend .... another kick in the butt about how I expect far too much from myself and need to quit assuming that's its always something I did wrong when things don't go smoothly...

Just listening to the news and hearing an annoucement regarding a new study showing Tylenol is related to decreased kidney function in women... of course, Tylenol says they never saw kidney damage in their studies...
AND I didnt hear who did this latest study....
hmmmmm

so...
HERE WE GO WEDNESDAY, HERE WE GO!!

Thought of the day :

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."

Question of the day :

"If you were to be the opposite sex for a single day, what would you do?"
-- --From IF (2) by Evelyn McFarlane & James Saywel

Ok-- I am really doing the opposite of expected in this sprint...
I have gained both weeks!
So...

I challenge myself to drink my water today!
can you believe it? Last summer I couldnt get enough of it!

Anyone w/ me?

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 07-28-2004, 06:58 AM   #73  

Default Wednesday grin

Truth is stranger than fiction!!

IDIOTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a
new neighbour call the local township administrative
office to request the removal of the Deer Crossing
sign on our road. The reason: "too many deer were
being hit by cars" and he didn't want them to cross
there anymore.

__________________________________________________ ____

IDIOTS IN FOOD SERVICE:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and
ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the
counter for "minimal lettuce." He said he was sorry,
but they only had iceberg.
anything in your baggage without your knowledge?" To
which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge,
how would I know?" He smiled knowingly and nodded,
"That's why we ask."

__________________________________________________ _____
IDIOT SIGHTING:
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's
safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an
intellectually challenged coworker of mine when she
asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained
that it signals blind people when the light is red.
Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind
people doing driving?!"
__________________________________________________ _
IDIOT SIGHTING:
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear
coworker who was leaving the company due to
"downsizing," our manager commented cheerfully,
"this is fun. We should do this more often." Not a
word was spoken. We all just looked at each other
with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.
had been locked in it. We went to the service
department and found a mechanic working feverishly
to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from
the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door
handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I
announced to the technician, "it's open!" To which
he replied, "I know - I already got that side."

They walk among us..............scary!!

>
>
Old 07-28-2004, 07:51 AM   #74  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Flying by again -- idiot report, too. We've had an extremely slow connection here, although it's DSL. The family computer whiz here looked at it, DH looked at it. Was taking 5 minutes to load a page. This morning I decided to pull out the ethernet card and go try dial-up for a speed boost. When I hauled it out, I thought, "hmm... that line isn't in very tight" -- gave it a push and now we're in business

OH my! Wildfire is just such a delight! I realized I was expecting red hair, though, and had to laugh when I realized that was because of her avatar. She does resemble the avatar a bit though, beautiful big eyes and a lively spirit. We had a wonderful evening -- and she's right, we're now determined to try to get the gang together. What a lovely time we'd have. Let's see, cottage at the shore on PEI next year?

I've had the greatest time with DH's family at the reunion, and Toronto time is going very well too. Tonight I meet a very good friend from PEI who lives here. And then Saturday off to Boston.

Sorry for the me-me-meness, will try to get back in again.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:39 AM   #75  
wsw

wildfire and arabella-so glad you got to meet! it sounds like you had a lovely time. the description you gave, wildfire, made me feel like i was there. thanks for that. it would be great to get to meet everyone at some point. what a treat that would be!

quick post to check in and say hello to all royals. the last couple of days now have been pretty good op and with exercise. feeling more motivated again. well, i am thinking of you and hope everyone has a good day. take care.
Closed Thread