Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 08:45 AM   #46  

Not in Onderland anymore but that was expected. But it was a new low and I'll remember it. Several people have commented lately that I've lost weight and that's always good. I think it's wearing smaller clothes because that always helps a bit.

Feeling still quite relieved today and we're packing a picnic lunch and heading out for our fave state park for some contact with the wilds :-) First time this year and we've missed it and the togetherness time. Kaylets - even if you don't bowl, could you just go along once in a while? Sounds important to dh.

Yesterday's qod - I think in the west of Ireland somewhere although a year seems a long time w/o my princesses (Will be seeing them this weekend and again next but I guess they could come to Ireland once in a while.)

Today's - dh because I am quite addicted to him. Otherwise, I'd love to be addicted to veggies and fruit. I think I am addicted to my one Tab a day. But my addiction to pb may be losing strength. We walked into a restaurant yesterday that advertised it had "hunkachunka peanut butter fudge ice cream" on a short time basis. Now at one time that would have set every fiber of my being afire with anticipation and I would have had to have some even though it was only late morning (ice cream is an evening thing with me usually). I sort of thought oh and then realized it wasn't triggering any desire. A NSV for sure.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:01 PM   #47  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Fly by bye-bye:

I'm off tomorrow at the crack of dawn and will likely be offline for several days. I'll check in next week from Toronto. Running with hair on fire all day, and will continue through evening - so: Love to all! Take good care of yourselves!

Wildfire -- see you Monday
Old 07-21-2004, 06:55 PM   #48  
deleted2

I can't wait to hear about the Arabella/Wildfire meeting!!!

Kaylets, If I had to be addicted to one thing it'd be being kind 100% of the time! Another great question! And interesting bowling story too.

Anagram, that's great about not being seduced by the hunka-chunka ice cream. I've had that happen before and it always floors me--I love it!

I'm deleriously happy to report that I'm back to my goal weight. Like it or not, eternal vigilance is the only way, and luckily I'm happiest when I'm vigilant!

Hey, I really miss our Cerise. If you're lurking, come back!

Old 07-21-2004, 07:54 PM   #49  
Hot Stuff

Ugh. It is hot, humid, and hazy. 39 Celsius today.

Anagram, CONGRATS on seeing onederland! It's just around the corner now! Glad the tummy shots are no more, and hope your picnic was peaceful.

wsw, I highly recommend Solitudes Natural Sleep Enhancement if you have trouble sleeping. It's a CD with ocean sounds and a beat that isn't noticeable, but gradually slows which in turn slows your breathing and heart rate and allows you drift off to sleep. It is widely available, and Amazon carries it. Works every time for me, and it's very pleasant to listen to.

Eydie, congrats on five days!

Amarantha, you well deserve athlete status!

Kaylets, maybe you could join a bowling team as a spare? That way you would keep DH happy, and only have to bowl once in a while if someone couldn't make it.

Arabella, can't wait to see you!

Doing okay here food-wise. Still haven't gotten on the scale, and you know...that's just fine with me. It's just a number, and my goal is to be more healthy overall. I'll know from my clothes if I'm losing.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:45 AM   #50  
Empress/Queen

Yo! It was something like a bazillion degrees out today and very humid (it's our monsoon season)!

Please excuse lack of personal replies ... new work schedule leaving me stressed and exhausted.

I seem to be in a negative phase in every arena except the weight gain reversal plan ... that's going great this week. Details on Calorie Clublette!

Gotta sleep now!
Old 07-22-2004, 06:05 AM   #51  

Hello all!

Empress- I am hoping the time of your posting is your time zone and that you were really not working at 2:30 in the morning! and if you were working,than I hope you can sleep in!!

Anagram-The number is just out of view but that doesnt mean its not waiting for you!
And yes, its so true about wearing the size that fits us! Even our own reflection in the mirror makes a big deal to me and my motivation...

Have fun Arabella and Wildfire! I am jealous!

Find myself in the midst of multiple trainings at new job this week and I am definitely overwhelmed....logically, I know that the more I do the better I will become but sure was feeling stress yesterday... and this morining am seeing that my old friend IBS has decided to join me ..... and am glad I am sharing that detail because I am now just realizing that this 3rd cup of coffee shouldnt be finished... ok, I just emptied the coffee in the sink and put on the kettle for something decaf....

As for the bowling.... I wonder if I might be a little better at it now that I have only my bowling style to be selfconcious .... we'll see...
It would be another activity built into the schedule which would be a big plus... and it would be another "networking" opprotunity for DH's lawn mowing business...

Am also really starting to miss my speaking club.. need to schedule a speech...

Thought of the day :
"Learn to pause ... or nothing worthwhile will catch up to you."
- Doug King

Question of the day :
"If you could have had any job in history, what would it have been?"
----From IF (2) by Evelyn McFarlane & James Saywel

So, here's to a good day all...

BTW, am 'scanning' the Celestine Prophecy as I realized from the first chapters it wasnt grabbing me...so much of it seems so "already done this"...
or is it just me? ....I expected so much more after everything I had heard about this book....

KETTLE IS ON!!
Old 07-22-2004, 07:45 AM   #52  
deleted2

Kaylets, I was just going to ask if you were still doing Toastmasters. Any plans for your topic? Perspective, maybe?
And yes, I'm so envious of Arabella and Wildfire that I could shatter into a million pieces!!! Remember, guys, spare no gory detail when you tell us about it!

And Wildfire, you sound so committed. How're the workouts going? Speaking of workouts, mine are rather abbreviated lately because I managed to 'pull' something in my hip and /or thigh doing an advanced yoga hip-opening move. Really hurts. There was one day where I had to walk sideways like a crab, thankfully I'm a little beyond that, but still very sore and sensitive. I have one of those percussive massagers and I think I'll try to pound it into submission today!

Amarantha, you're doing so well. Those other aspects of your life will have no choice but to fall into place!

Think healthy thoughts, everybody!

Old 07-22-2004, 08:08 AM   #53  

YES , I want to vicariously visit too. So exciting.

Hang on to that positive, Empress! It helps to have that going well when other things are upside down.

Eydie, my inspiration! Glad things are going well for you goalwise and hope that pinchy thing heals soon. Nice crabby visual.

So many things going through your head, Kaylets. But we know you'll have it all down pat in no time.

dh has gone out to go golfing! I'm determined not to worry about him - and I'm heading to pool for my own exercise and then the rest of the day seems jam packed with things to get done - run around things. Enjoyed the patio again this morning and hope to sneak in a few more minutes there this morning. Love it when it's all quiet and it still is but must get moving.

Hoping to improve my eating today. Was a bit off last few days and my body is yelling at me. Isn't that wonderful?
Old 07-22-2004, 09:57 AM   #54  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Kaylets, it wasn't 2:30 a.m. ... my screen says the posting was at 11:45 p.m. (previous night) but that isn't correct either. I can't seem to set the time zone right because Arizona doesn't have daylight savings ... we don't need any more light!

Thanks for all the positive comments, s ... I am trying to feel positive, but I don't really and can't seem to shake the depression and negativity.

I wish I were like my dog ... she's aging and creaky but wandering about grinning with an empty (small) orange juice carton she somehow acquired from the trash. She's also inordinately pleased with the little fan I put on the floor for her yesterday ... the house is hot despite two air-conditioned rooms, where she doesn't seem to like to go ... she slept in front of the little fan and came and told me about it at 5 a.m. ...
Old 07-22-2004, 10:39 AM   #55  
wsw

wildfire-thanks for the cd suggestion for this restless sleeper. i will check it out!

arabella and wildfire-very excited for you that you will be getting together. i too can't wait to hear about it.

eydie-hope your pulled hip/thigh starts feeling better quickly.

amarantha-i love hearing your description of old dog. she sounds so sweet!

i did well this morning so far-op and exercising. seem to be feeling more committed again and definitely eating much healthier.

the heat keeps zapping me, but i do have a couple of appts. today and tomorrow, so no chance to escape it completely. i've been keeping my outside ventures to a minimum though. was able to get out this morning in my electric wheelchair to get mail, etc. and saw one of my favorite dogs here and got to stop and get a little "puppy therapy!" i felt calmer immediately. well, i need to get some stuff done around here before i venture out, so will bid adieu. take care, all.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:55 AM   #56  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Thumbs up

Mornin' all.

The dye test is done...am off to MD tomorrow morning if the test results are there. Spent yesterday p.m. flat on my back...temp and intestinal distress....called in sick. This could be reaction to the dye, to the new acid reducer or just a vagrant bug...yeesh! So no weigh in last night...darn...

Arabella, hope you and Wildfire have a great time in T.O.

Congrats Eydie on getting back to goal....WTG!

To Anagram for wandering into Onderland!

Training is a drag, I agree Kaylets...however sometimes it is justified. If you come away with one new thing, it's been worth it. Bowling is fun....I've never done league, but when I've bowled it was OK...or was that because of the company?!?

Yes Eydie, I could feel that stone travel down my back and across the front to the bladder....not a pleasant experience and one I'd rather not have again...if I hadn't had that, I might believe the diagnosis of ? bladder infection ? DUH. That web page is my friend's page. She and I co-own the puppy Landry.....who is sleeping behind my chair...I don't think there have been any updates to it...I am currently working on that pup's coat...or should I say bush? Man she is a hair ball!

The chil'ns are off to the maternal grandparents cottage for 5 days...they should have fun...DD will sing at 2 churches on Sunday...they like to have her and DS will just fish, fish, fish.

Today is Grandmother's 96th BD...I have to go call her...and may take her out for lunch tomorrow...if I'm not catchy...So...

Motorin' on!

Ceara
Old 07-22-2004, 12:41 PM   #57  
deleted2

AAAACK! What have I done? My boss asked yesterday if any of the staff would like to teach a class, lead a book discussion or whatever, and she specifically asked me if I'd teach a Pilates class. Of course I anwered with an emphatic 'NO', but today I started wondering why I couldn't, why I shouldn't, and couldn't come up with a good reason not to. Nothing's holding me back but my own brain. I've been doing Pilates for a while, I'm good at it, it's helped me immeasurably so I called her back and said 'YES'! I feel funny about it, but this is how we stretch and grow, right? In for a penny, in for a pound!

Old 07-22-2004, 04:59 PM   #58  
wsw

good for you, eydie!!!! as always, you inspire me.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:05 AM   #59  
Empress/Queen

Congrats on the class, E! I'm sure you'll do a fab job! Pilates is great, BTW!

Ceara, here's hoping to good news on the health front soon. You've been through the mill!

I have heard that some of the acid reducers can make one feel quite ill ... which makes you wonder ...

Going back to bed, been sort of dragged through mill in various ways today as well.

Just can't take the career stress anymore ... very much need to make the decision to get out (and find an alternative).
Old 07-23-2004, 06:15 AM   #60  

Hello all!

Here we go FRIDAY!!

Like so many other things, as soon as I realized I was overwhelmed and admitted it....and that being overwhelmed was oK...tasks seemed easier, I could think things thru....I got better...
obviously, I need to take a long hard look at this fear of failure...
Its getting in the way and making things much harder than they need to be...

Empress.. Sorry you feel cornered... maybe a few days off will give you some breathing room??

Ceara-- How long do you have to wait for test results? That wait for me is always harder than the tests....
Easy to say but if you can keep busy it might help the time pass...

Eydie! I want to be in your class!! Too bad you couldnt do a "distance" class...

OOOPPPS... just saw the clock...

Thought of the day :

"Remember that Friday is the day to say nothing negative"

Question of the day :
"If you suddenly found the courage to do one thing you have always been afraid of doing, what would you want it to be?"
-- ----From IF (2) by Evelyn McFarlane & James Saywel

WSW-- (Anagram too!) looks like w/ the next few days forecasts, we will have great sleeping weather!

Hello to everyone I didnt mention specifically!
My best to us all!

KETTLE IS ON!
Closed Thread