Old 07-13-2004, 10:39 PM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking StAy At HoMe MoMs #215

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. Please feel free to jump right in a say hello and to all you regular posters I look forward to another wonderful day with you!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:47 PM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies!
I am still here! LOL I have been trying to check in but by the time I post it is time to leave.

It sounds like everyone is doing well.

Michelle,
I LOVE YOU! I am so glad you have shared your story with us. You are doing so wonderful and you are such an inspiration.

Things are still going crazy. But the kids are having a wonderful time every day at bible school. It will be over Friday and my bil in flying in from Hawaii Thursday. And then we have another bible school next week but at least I don't have to work that one...... (we'll see......)

Anyhow, I luv ya ladies I will try to check in tomorrow with everyone~ Have a wonderful day!

Old 07-13-2004, 11:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

Penny thanks for starting the new thread! Sounds like you have had a busy day. What all do you do?

Angel, I hope you enjoyed your bath. I took a quick shower and feel 1000% better now. Good for you to get your water in. Tea is very good for you too (if you leave out the sugar) I make mine with splenda and the kids go crazy about it. My Dh can drink a whole pitcher of it by himself during dinner. What new program are you are your SO starting tomorrow?

Geri, that accident sounded scary! Sorry you had to go through that. My 3 yo has more scars than most men. He fell out of his window once and cut open the back of his neck, sliced open his arm once with some wood (bad scar on that one) and rolled onto our floor furnace and has a tic tac toe grid on his back from it, but that one is fading thankfully. I think with boys it just comes with the territory.

My evening has much inproved since my last post. I guess that caffeine hit or something. I ended up scrubbing down my kitchen, even getting on my hands and knees and scrubbing the floor! lol. Cleaned up the kids rooms and did some more crocheting. I had a burst of energy and I knew I had to take advantage of it before I felt like crap again, lol. But I took some more allergy pills so I'm sure I'll be drowsy before long.
But I am up and ready to chat if anyone is willing! I have yahoo open and the mom's losing weight site... for those of you who don't know about that site here is the link http://groups.msn.com/MomslosingWeight/chat.msnw?&pps=k just join and then hit the chat button on the left side of the page and join us in a chat! ok, gonna get off here. Hope to talk to some of you soon!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:54 AM   #4  
**Kristin**

HI ladies! Sorry I didn't get chance to post much today, and ya'll already started the new thread! I will explain the "texas turkey burgers" ...very simple! I saw that a few of you are curious!

Texas Turkey Burgers

2 lbs. of lean ground turkey
1/2 c. of barbque sauce
1 tsp of chili powder
1 tsp of garlic (MINCED, DRIED, WHATEVER YOU LIKE )
6 pieces of low-fat cheese (you pick, I love provolone, although, its not low fat )

Combine all ingredients accept the cheese, grill or broil burgers, and add cheese about 2 minutes until done, until melted, and place on whole wheat buns! I always add pickles and a little more barbque sauce too! They are really good with COrn on the cob!

Spryng - sorry that your cold is getting the best of you this evening. . . I hate that! Thanks for the new chat thing, I figured it out, and got myself on there now!

Penny - Hi to you, busy girl! I love when you start a new thread, those little pics are so cute!

Hi to everyone else! I don't really have time to review all the posts and talk at ya individually! but you know I love ya!

I hope to get our pictures on the site soon, I need to get some good ones and get some on cd, I just started doing that when I get my pic developed, and we don't have a digital cam yet, so i promise to try and get around to it one of these days! okay laides, back to folding, I am determined to get it all done tonight! love you all!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 01:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Ugghhhh I just got home it was a very very long night at work I ended up staying late because we were so dang busy.

Spryng - if you want I have tomorrow off and would love to chat, let me know if you feel up to it!! I ordered my stuff off ebay but I haven't gotten it yet. I got my material and 2 points calculators for 47 bucks and that includes the shipping I can't wait to get it!! I think I get between 24 and 26 points, but I've only been eating like 20 pts a day, I'm trying to eat more but it seems like I get soo busy that I forget to eat or just run out of time to eat. But I'm working on it, I'm trying to get out of the "food is the devil" mindset I've had for so long lol.

Penny so glad you got a post in and thanks for the nice words

Ok its late and I'm exhausted and I need some sleep!! I'll TTYL!!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 02:22 AM   #6  

Height: 5 foot

Today went ok as far as eating.. Well actually it wasn’t great, I ate a cheeseburger from Wendy’s, and potato salad for breakfast and dinner! (crazy) I called myself making this meatloaf recipe for dinner… it didn’t come out right…. My son don’t even like it… and he likes anything! So.. Oh well…. I guess I”ll cook some gumbo tomorrow. I didn’t get to exercise today, I forgot I had to go and get the radio on the truck fixed. We went to the mall today and rode around… but of course that’s when UPS decided to deliver my package. They get on my nerves sometimes!! Now when I’m trying to sneak something in the house.. They wait until after 6 (when hubby is home) to bring it… now today, they want to be early! So I have to stay home and wait for the stupid thing. Maybe go to the beach if I can get my sis to wake up Super Duper early!! My daughter is up and hyper… and I need to sleep. I can’t get up in the mornings!!! That’s why I can’t exercise!!! BUT.. I want to be 139 by Saturday. This morning I was 142 so I gained 3 then lost 2 then gained, 2 back, then lost 2 again!! No more chocolate… I’m going to lose those 3 lbs if I have to exercise 4 times a day!!! I just want to see 139 one good time… I’d be soo happy!!!

[color=red][size=2][font=verdana][b] It is 2 am and baby is crying for no reason except she is sleepy but refuses to sleep!!! I will try harder tomorrow of course.. I really mean it!!!
Tomorrow is a new day.. And it’s waiting for me!! Its way way too late.. And I need some sleep. I won’t be able to wake up and get my exercises in… so I will talk with you all later!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:50 AM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Good Morning Ladies!

Michelle,
I bet you are beat! Hope you get some rest in today! I am so excited for you to get your ww stuff in! Have they shipped it yet? So are you doing SB and WW still or just WW now? Spryng and I both waited for you last night to chat. I miss talking to you! So if you want to set up a time let me know!

Angel,
I make green tea with splenda. Green Tea is wonderful for you but it just tastes a little blander. Anyhow, Hope you enjoyed your bath! Calgon take us away!

Kristin,
Thanks for the recipe. That sounds great!

Spryng,
Glad you are feeling a little better. Do you take a multi vitamin or vitamin c? I usually take a multivitamin. But dh took vitamin c for about a year and was never sick! Guess he needs to get back on it b/c he has been sick like three times this summer. Anyhow, Hope you are feeling better today!

Jaymi,
Hope you get in a trip to the beach today. That sounds nice! It is just too darn hot here to go. I think the sand would burn us.....

Geri,
You poor thing! I know you felt bad, but it wasn't your fault. And as long as your gf is a true friend. She understands! How is the little boy doing this morning?

Well I am off to get something done this morning. Gotta go pay bills and all that good stuff....... So I guess I will bring the kiddos to play at Mc Donalds.

Have a great one!
Old 07-14-2004, 09:02 AM   #8  

Morning all! I am up and running. I won't have time to really catch up here though, so I'll start from scratch. Going to help my Grandmother today...as I do once a week. I'll catch up with you ladies later.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:11 AM   #9  
Walking away the weight

Default Wednesday

Good morning! Today should be a good day. Not much planned except my book club is this evening - it's my first time, but I'm really looking forward to it. Maybe after my workout this morning and his nap, Liam and I will go looking in various stores for Safari/African type things.

Cindi- sorry your eyes still aren't recovered. Is pink eye worse when adults get it? You'll definitely reach your goal! I know it seems like it's taking forever. My initial loss was 2 lbs a week, and now it seems to have slowed to 1 pound a week, so I've really had to adjust my expectations. That can be hard, so I know how you feel, I think.

Spryng- How are you feeling today? You really love Herseys with almonds, huh? I've noticed you mentioned them more than once I'm a Snickers girl myself, but not this week, when I already usd so many flexpoints!

Angel- I also love coffee. There are some newer studies that say caffeine may not make you retain water after all - they're doing more studies on it I think. Keep your fingers crossed There was a study that showed a cup of coffee right before a workout helps you burn more calories. DH is a firm believer in that one . . .

Geri- OMG!!! That would have terrified me (and I'd also be feeling sooo guilty- I feel guilty over everything) even though I know accidents happen and it wasn't your fault.

Penny! I missed you Glad everyone is doing well and enjoying Boble School.

Kristin- thanks for the recipe - those sound great.

Michelle- It's hard to not feel like you shouldn't eat, eh?

Jaymi- sorry you had a hard day- I hope today is better for you.

Sometime I'll have to join your chats. Okay, I've got to go!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:22 AM   #10  

Good morning all!!

Well my SIL is suppose to be over this morning (she was mad at me last night because she wanted to show up at 6 am to mow and I told her no, I can't even open my eyes that early!) so we settled on 8 am and here it is past 8 am and she hasn't showed up yet. I knew she wouldn't be here at 6 am, lol. But anyway, since I cleaned my house so well last night all I have to do today is steam clean my ds's carpet in his room and laundry. I'm so glad! I feel pretty good this morning. Maybe my cold is gone. I hope so. Dinner will be chicken parmesan, what are you all having tonight?

melissa, thanks so much for popping in! Hope you have fun with your grandma today!

Penny, yes I do take a multivitamin everyday and I just ran out of vit c or I'd be taking that too. But I really try to stay healthy. My in-laws get sick constantly and it drives me nuts because I can see them not taking care of themselves and then wondering how they got another cold. My kids haven't even had the sniffles this year or last year so I feel good about that. They take a kids multi vitamin everyday too and eat good so I know that must be what is keeping them healthier. Sounds like you are having a "run errands" day, have fun! And I really enjoyed chatting with you last night! I'll definitely try again tonight for Michelle.

Jaymi, I hope you were able to wake your sis to go to the beach! That sounds like heaven! My Dh is in Miami, FL today and he will be at the beach too. I'm so jealous! LOL. And I know how you feel about gaining 2 losing 2, etc, I do that alot. I lose weight really slowly now and it's up one week, down the next, up the next and then a big loss and start over again, lol. Annoying but it gets me there eventually. Be patient, it WILL happen!

Michelle, I would love to chat today! Do you want to chat tonight at the same time? I'll be there! We missed you last night. ok, now I don't want to harp on you but with all the exercise you get everyday you MUST eat more pts than 20 each day. Eat at least your target each day (which I think is 26) Ill double check that. But I would also recommend you eat your AP's too. But at least your target ok? I know it seems like alot of food but you can't burn fat without fuel... you must eat. Go check out the ww boards (on the official site) and see what they say about eating under your target, everyone will tell you they lose better and faster by eating their target and all their flex and some AP's. So give it a whirl, you may be pleasantly suprised! lol

Kristin, those texas burgers sound good! I think I've had something similar at Sonic. I look forward to being able to chat with you soon at that other site, also you can go there and check out all of our pics. Many of us have pictures and such on there so feel free to add some of your own too! Oh and there are recipes there, some under the recipe link on the left hand side of the page and some on the message boards. So check those out too.

Well, I guess I should get off here. I can't believe SIL still isn't here. See? She complained about wanting to come early and she can't even get here by 8 am. Sheesh. Like talking to a wall, lol. Ok, gotta go. TTYL!
Old 07-14-2004, 09:26 AM   #11  

Leigh, you snuck in on me, lol. What book are you reading for your book club? Sounds like fun! I started Dean Koontz Intensity, what a scary book! LOL... definitely won't read with the lights out, lol. Do you have to finish your book in a certain time period or something? And yes, I LOVE hershey's with almonds, I also love snickers too, the one with almonds are great.

ok, gotta go!
Old 07-14-2004, 10:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Girls!!!

Hubby is letting me spend a few extra hours in bed!!! WWOOOOOOHOOOOOO!! He's just the greatest!!

Spryng I would love to chat tonight at the usual time!! I'll definately be there!! I'm going to try and eat all my points today!! I tried so hard yesterday so I had a 3 point breakfast and then 8 pt lunch and 8 pt dinner then when I got home I had one of those cup of noodles with 5 ritz crackers I didn't figure out pts for it though, but I'm sure I hit my points with that

Leigh have fun at your book club!! I'm going to try and go to the library today and pick up some of those david sedaris books you all have been talking about!!

Penny - I'm so sorry that you guys were waiting on me in chat I got stuck at work, in fact I was heading out the door and the girl I work with said that she thought she might be pregnant so I helped her figure out her cycle and she had sex during her fertile time, so I went and got her a pregnancy test which came back negative so she's happy about that but then we just kept getting busier and busier!! It was crazy!!

Mel - Have fun helping your Grandmother today!! I wish that I lived closer to my G-Ma I haven't seen her in such a long time.

Jaymi - You'll see that 139 soon enough girly don't stress too much over it

Well guys I can feel TOM calling my name already and the scale is showing it too!! I've been up a few pounds for the last 3 days but hopefully once TOM actually hits I'll lose those lbs. Hopefully my ww stuff arrives today, I've been keeping track of pts on an "unofficial" points calculator, and have been doing well except I need to eat all my points in a day Well I'm gonna get off here and snuggle in bed a little. I will TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 10:10 AM   #13  
SAHM of 3

Morning all. I slept pretty good last night, hope everyone else did. You all sound busy today. I am babysitting today. FIL's daughters, 18 months and 3 months, yeah!!! I'm not good with others kids. The 18 month old is tiny and itty bitty, so I have to watch so closely so that she doesn't get hurt or Andrew doesn't hurt her. They are both totally spoiled, they let the older kids hold them and pick them up ALL the time, that's what these kids always want, to be held. So this will be fun.
Leigh, I unpacked while in labor. In fact what happened was we moved into this house on the 30th and I had contractions all night, with little heat, we didn't even have a hot water heater. I woke up dh the morning of the 1st and told him to go get the hot water heater, we would need it, I have my babies at home. So dh was busy the day I was in labor getting hot water and sufficient heat in the house. That was a busy busy day. Luckily I was in labor all day and didn't have ANdrew until 10 something at night. Let's hope we're in a new home when this baby comes home from the hospital, huh?
Well, girlies, I'm gonna get some things done before those kids come over. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 10:11 AM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Mel,
You are such a sweetie! Hope your grandmother is doing well!

Spryng,
Tell Michelle like it is! She does need to eat more! I bet with all the exercise she does... and the food she eats... she is -calories for the day (but don't tell her I was fussing ) Hope your grass gets cut! Mine is horrible. I can't cut with all the rain. GRRRR... Oh BTW, let me know something.... please Ok what would be the points for a 1/2 cup old fashinoned oatmeal (boiled w/ water, sweetened w/ splenda and ff spray butter) I am curious.... Thanks

Leigh,
Oh, Have fun at your book club tonight! I want to hear all about it! Hope you have a wonderful time!!!!!

Michelle,
You are doing great! And get off that scale! Hopefully TOM won't affect you too much. Tell him to go! And take all his crap with him...... Hope to see you tonight! I don't get home from VBS until after 8:45 central

Talk to you all later
Old 07-14-2004, 10:15 AM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Crystal,
You snuck in on me! I hope the kids aren't too hard on you! How are you going to do it with your three plus two more and being pregnant! I wish I could help you!

Make sure you get in some good rest after today! You are such a great person for watching the kids.

Oh, When do you start the kids back on school work or do you take a summer break? I was just curious. Hunter starts back to school soon

Ok I really need to get out the door! Love ya ladies