Old 07-12-2004, 04:35 PM   #31  
**Kristin**

Hello!
Di - Hope you have tons of fun on your trip and good luck at staying OP! WE know you can do it!

Crystal - where did you take online courses at? I love interial design as well as architectural design, that will be my next endevour as soon as all of my children are in school full time! which will be like 5 years! we only have one little girl now and want at least 2 more! crazy I know! What I would really love to do is work seasonally, doing weathly peoples christmas decorations,etc, I think that would be so fun!

Hope you all are having a great afternoon!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 05:44 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Just got done with dinner. Boy am I tired today! I took a nap when the kids did and I thought that would help me but now I'm even more tired if that is possible. I went outside to refill the kids pool and felt like every step was so forced. So I ended up doing leftovers for dinner because I didn't want to cook. I also had a glass of diet coke so maybe the caffeine will give me a lift. I need something. I'm also fighting some kind of cold... my throat has been sore the past few days so I've been fighting it off with vit c and zicam... so far so good. But anyway... another long monday huh? lol.

Crystal, how are you feeling? Are you starting to show yet? With Tanner I was in maternity clothes at 8 weeks along. My uterus is like an old balloon... lol... it pops right out there right after conception. But I just love the pregnant belly don't you? Sounds like you had a great nap! Good for you.

Di I guess I missed your post on your trip. Where are you going?? Have fun! I guess you won't read this until you get back so maybe someone else can fill me in. But have lots of fun! And my kids did great for my SIL, when we got back on friday they acted like they never noticed I was gone, lol. So I think they will do great at the end of the month for my cousin.

Kristin, I love corndogs too! It's funny we both had them for lunch on the same day. It was 5 pts for one though, I think I may buy me some of those morningstar farms ones to save pts but I haven't been grocery shopping and probably won't go this week at all. I'm really trying to use some stuff I have in the pantry first. Plus we have been trying to put some money back in savings the past couple of weeks for a bill... 1000 bucks in 3 weeks and it will all be there next week!!! I feel so relieved but because it was such a big amount my grocery bill had to be cut in half so that is why I haven't gone this week, but I will next week. I am very proud of my Dh too... it's strange how year after year you can love them more, you know? He has sacrificed alot to provide for us so I can stay home with the kids and I am eternally thankful. I think too it's been very good for me because before he got that job I never paid bills or did anything on my own and now I feel really independant and strong. I needed that. But I am very proud of him. He is a great husband and father.

Leigh, what kind of ideas are you thinking about for that room? I love decorating too. I haven't did much with this house yet. Next year I have a list of projects to complete. My kids rooms are done though, well mostly anyway, lol. My ds room is spongebob so it's soft yellow walls and all that, very refreshing in there. My dd room is purple with white lace curtains with cascading roses over them, it's very feminine. All her furniture is white and so pretty. Her bed is a rod iron day bed with handpainted roses on it. my DH said I made the room I always wanted growing up, lol. I think he is right. I always had to share a room with my messy sister and share my bed so I never had a cute room. So my dd will have everything I didn't, lol.

Well, I'm starting to feel a little better. Maybe I just needed a caffeine fix. Guess I'll get off here and find something to do. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 05:44 PM   #33  
SAHM of 3

Well Kristin, my courses weren't online. They were books and such that were mailed to me and I mailed in my tests each time I finished it. I completed the course in like less than a year and it was fun, I also finished with like an A. I enjoyed doing it for ME. My dream is to decorate on a budget. I know more people that have dreams and thoughts but not much money. That's where I want to come in. My only down fall is that I'm not creative to come up with ideas to make neat things out of like nothing, but I have a friend that is and I want to partner with her. I'm hoping to use my next home as my test dummy. I'll make a scrap book or journal with pictures that hopefully I can use. I took my course through PCDI, Professional Career Developement Institute. My actual course was through The School of Interior Decorating but through PCDI. Anyways, I can't wait to get to use what I learned. I'm helping my mom right now get her kitchen remodeled. I've already redone her playroom. Well, I'll get off for now. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 05:48 PM   #34  

Crystal, I was meaning to ask... did you get approved for that house loan? I see you talking alot about the new house so I was curious. I hope so! if so when does the building start??
Old 07-12-2004, 07:02 PM   #35  
SAHM of 3

Spryng, we are about a month away from being able to begin building but I feel like it's a mistake. We absolutely can not afford this but I'm not able to tell my dh my opinion in a serious matter. I'm not that excited about it because I don't think it's right for us. As of right now we've been approved and there are only a couple of things standing in the way. I'm not really showing but I am wearing mostly maternity clothes for comfort. They say with the more pregnancies you show earlier because your uterus is already stretched out. I'm 11 weeks so one more and I'll be 4 months and in my second trimester, YEAH!!!
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:18 PM   #36  
Walking away the weight

Default Hi . . .

Dinner was good, but I now feel stuffed! That's good because there are no more points for me today

Di- have a wonderful time, I know you'll do us proud

Crystal- Hope Alisa has fun - let us know! As for decoratin gon a budget - oh, DH would love to hear that come out of my mouth

Kristin- I love Christmas decorations!

Spryng- I'm super tired too, but because TOM is on the horizon. But it sounds like you're coming down with something Hope it doesn't develop. Ohhh - I love iron daybeds - I had one that sounds very similar Your DD's room sounds beautiful. We already picked the bedding out for him - it's Safari and in very bright, primary colors, so I'll take my decorating cues from that. He already has a little gorilla chair, a giant stuffed gorilla, and other ape/safari type things. But I'm going to look for things that will go with the theme, and I haven't decided if that means redoing the guest bath too (that's attached to that room - it would only mean new towels and shower curtain). Kirstin gave me some good ideas - like to go to some antique stores to look for travel/safari type stuff.

Okay - I'm not sure if I said this in an earlier post or not, but because TOM is almost here, I'm staying in my point range, but not making very good choices. All I want is chocolate and salty foods Have a great night!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:58 PM   #37  

Hi again!

This may be the last post from me tonight. As soon as I get the kids in bed, which is just a few minutes away, I'm crashing. I'm so exausted. I think I am definitely fighting a cold. I've been sneezing and occasionally coughing tonight, but mostly sneezing and watery eyes. could be allergies I guess but I think it's a cold on the horizon and I just ran out of vit c. But I'll hit the zicam again.
Anyway, not been doing anything tonight. Just crocheting and watching the Food channel, which is probably a bad idea because I feel like I am starving! LOL. After being off plan for a few days my appetite is big. But I ate my pts today and I won't eat anymore, I just need to drink more water to curb these hunger pains.

Leigh that bedroom sounds so cute! You'll have to take pictures when you are done.

Crystal, I'm sure everything will work out with the house. You definitely need the bigger space with the baby coming. Have you had any inklings of what you are having? My dh's cousin is having a boy. She thought for sure it was a girl because of the heart rate (I hate that myth) and because the pregnancy is so hard on her but she found out at her ultrasound it was a boy. Almost 4 months now huh? That's great!! I'm sure you are looking forward to february to get here.

Well, it's been one of those days so I'm glad it's almost over. I hope everyone has a great evening and sleeps well! I'll chat with you all tomorrow!
Old 07-12-2004, 11:11 PM   #38  
2BoysMom

Good evening ladies,

Spryng, so glad you had a great time with Dh...was there any doubt?? How was the fashion show or did you post that earlier and I missed it?? Hope you get rid of that cold quickly!

Leigh...TOM sucks...he just left here. Sorry, I really didn't mean to send him over to your house . Liam's bedroom sounds very cool. You had better take pictures!

Crystal, I hope all works out for you with the house. You don't need to be worrying about $$ when you have a new baby to worry about. BTW, I'm officially an AVON rep now. I'm not going to do the "e" thing either right now because it's $7.50 per campaign (or $15 per month). I may not even make that much money . I saw all kinds of things I want to buy though .

Kristin...I hear you re being off plan. It's so easy to keep cheating when you eat one bad thing. Why the heck do we keep doing that to ourselves?? Life would be so easy if only we'd stop that.

Michelle....ooooooooohhhh YUK! Luckily I have never had to deal with that mess (knock on wood). We have had Balmex painted all over the room though. It doesn't smell but it's a real bit*h to clean up! The little devils are still doing ok these days. Tony's back to his short little naps though so I feel like I don't get much of a break. Will and I try to get in the pool if it's warm enough when Tony is down. Then we get some 1 on 1 time.

Di..have a wonderful trip! To those who asked they're going to her sister's house (or was it SIL?) for a week and she was worried about having healthy eating choices. You'll do fine I think.

Lisa...sorry if I confused you. I don't know who could have done anything to your posts...Michelle's a moderator so if she says it's impossible without your password, then she's correct. I'm not computer literate enough to know anything about that. I was just very very upset thinking someone from this board was pm'ing you. Good luck with the new house...it sounds like you need some more space for you and your family. I hope you have a very bright future.

Hi to everyone else out there! It's so hard to keep up with all the posts these days. Summer is outside time for us. Will and I have nice dark tans to prove that...although I have a wonderful line from my shorts so when I swim you see my chunky 'white' thighs . Oh well...such is life.

Well, somehow or another I managed to lose 2 pounds over the last 2 weeks. I eat pretty good during the day...except when my Mother brings those damn cookies over...arrrgh...and at night I munch on junk. Habits that I need to break. Anyway...now I'm down 32.5 and am almost to my low before getting pregnant with Tony. I was down to 206 when I found out about him. Getting closer to one-derland!! Thank goodness for the exercise.

Well, I can't think of anything else and I need to get some stuff done upstairs before I head off to bed. Hope you all have a great night!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:46 PM   #39  
**Kristin**

Good evening - I am just sitting back having a nice glass of chardonnay...aahhh - and I am not counting the points, I stayed on track today , but I am just so stressed, that will teach me ot go to my mothers! haha! ONe glass will be my flex points, just need to look up how many! !

Spryng - Hope you feel better soon, I hate being sick, my patience always gets especially low and I get snippy. Sounds like you guys are pretty on track about spending your money wisely....funny thing, that is what I just had an argument with my mom about, and other things that she can't bury a hatchet over....ggrrr....I swear, I hope my daughter never feels like this, or that I make her feel like this..its a long story! Anyway, I can see you glowing when you talk about your dh through this computer , how wonderful that you have such a strong relationship, I am also truly lucky I think! I pay the bills and mow the lawn too. I love to do all that stuff, I was an only child and always taught to be independant. My dad even taught me to change my own oil! ! It feels great being self reliant, but knowing that you always have someone if you need them!

Crystal - sorry I was mistaken about the online classes, - haha. That is so cool, I actually took a year at our community college and then joined Rhotec International Design school based out of London and did correspondance work too! I loved it and did like the same thing that you did. I got my bachelors, its the only school that you can do (pretty much) inside the us that takes you farther than you associates, without moving and going to a BIg university! I loved it! I love budget decorating, I do it all the time for myself and others too, just for fun...my dream is to do like the White house at Christmas, did you know that they pay a company 500,000 to decorate and take down everything for them! I love christmas, and since I am a SAHM, it would be fun to just work seasonally! We'll have to chat about that more!!!! I also have a portfolio that I made, its like a gazillion pages, and I also get like the pottery barn mags, and such, whenever I find something neat or unique I put it in there too!

Geri - congrats on the 2 lbs down! We love having fun in the sun too!

Well ladies, I an fresh out of energy, and so if I didn't get personal, I love you anyway, and hope you all have a restful night!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:02 AM   #40  

Height: 5 foot

Hey chicks!! I've been doing terrible!! But I refuse to gain my weight back!!! I have been craving chocolate... and havent been avoiding it!! So I am doing terrible... but I'm going to do better... I've been exercising my butt off trying to make up for it.. but it isnt working... I won't let it get me though!! I worked 30 min Denise Austin this morning. And when I came home I did the other 30 minute workout and the 45 minute workout.. That last one was HARD!! I ate so badly today, that I still want to do some more!!! But my body says he*l no!! I need to go bed-E-Bye!!! I took my vitamin last night.. And I had a migraine headache so badly that I had to keep getting up because I was nauseous and I ended up taking some aleeve! But If I take it during the day.. It makes me nauseous all day long!! I need those vitamins though.. I’m so tired!! I miss you all sooo much!!! I miss being able to comment and give my opinion!! I know you all are tired of hearing that.. But it’s true!! I guess I need to stop whining and do something about it!! NOO, that’s what I need to do.. I need to restart on my goals and add that to it! I’ll figure out a way to catch up! If I have to copy all of the posts on the computer and reply that way,, then come and copy and paste them or something!!! There’s gotta be a faster way!! Guess what! I was interviewed on the news today.. But what really sucks is that I didn’t see it because either we don’t catch that channel or it came on at 5 and I wasn’t home yet! They were asking about putting a strip club about 2 blocks down.. I said He*L NO!!!! !!!

Well anyways tomorrow… tomorrow… here are my goals for tomorrow, and I will add more whenever I need to!

I will do better with my diet..
I won’t let chocolate get the best of me,
I will put what’s important first, and what’s materialistic and worldly last.
I will be a better friend and support to my friends on here, in TX, and
my family!
I will exercise at least 2 times a day… again!!!
I will reach my goal, and I will keep it off… forever!!!!!

Anyways I gotta go to bed.. so I can wake up early!!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 08:15 AM   #41  
Walking away the weight

Started a new thread - see you at #214
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote