Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 04:45 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all,

I've been away from this board or a couple of days (had a busy weekend) so here it goes:

Sat = 2000 calories - went to a concert and stood for the entire time and danced (as much as I could) and cheered the entire time (that must count for something right? )

Sun = ?? 2000 - no exercise

This is a new week so I am already back on track today. I'm going to the gym tomorrow (another concert tonight) no if, ands or buts.

It sounds like everyone is doing really well! Congratulations everyone!

Lynn
Old 07-19-2004, 07:39 PM   #62  
deleted2

Today at work I was able to keep out of the candy jars--noticed that the impulse was there, but didn't give in, so I'm proud of that.

Ended Monday with 1440 calories and my left hip is really sore so I only did 20 min. of yoga and some tai chi. Hopefully I'll feel more ambitious tomorrow. I have an early morning walking date so that'll help!

Old 07-19-2004, 11:28 PM   #63  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

1710! Decided not to post exercise cals anymore, too inaccurate!

Target for Tuesday (production day): 1750ish!

Low cal food idea: Since newspaper is next to a pizza parlor, I am packing a new Lean Cuisine deep dish one to microwave (maybe I'll take two) and hope it'll keep me away from the saturated fat laden variety the restaurant sells. LC has several varieties of these, calories approximately 360. Don't know how they taste. Haven't been able to get over to Trader Joe's to get the 250 cal low fat ones they sell, which taste as fresh as homemade and come in Greek (with spinach and feta) and Tuscany (traditional cheese) styles.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-20-2004 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Update
Old 07-20-2004, 11:01 AM   #64  

Oh, I wish I stilled lived near a Trader Joe's! Those pizzas sound yummy.

Well, I did not exercise yesterday. Again, if I don't motivate myself in the a.m., I'm not going to go out in the evening. I hate running after eating. I tried late evening running once, and discovered that my neighborhood is NOT pedestrian friendly (very few street lights). Not doing that again.

I bought an exercise ball yesterday for cheap. Yeah! I really like them, and now I have my very own.

Today I went for a run. Now the challenge is not being a little piggy during dinner tonight (going out again).

On a personal note, I picked my little kitty up from the vet this morning. She's been at the vet's for over a week. They couldn't figure out what was wrong, and did a zillion tests. Finally they figured out she had encephalitis. They still can't say why she got sick, but we can treat her inflammation, and she's SOOO much better now. She was acting so weird, we were pretty scared that we were going to lose her. It's good to have her home.

Gotta go do some work that pays. Have a great day, everyone!

Random Weight Loss Tip:
Hi again. I wanted to share with everyone some interesting information. Calcium helps burn fat. I mean in a major way. Here's an article about it

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/23/1728_56703

I remember hearing about this awhile back. The numbers are pretty impressive, I think. So, get your calcium!

Last edited by jliotta; 07-20-2004 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:40 PM   #65  
deleted2

Amarantha, you're doing great! Some of those frozen pizzas are really good--let is know if you have a LC favorite.

Jennifer, glad to hear your cat's back home. Worrying over a loved one can be so stressful. I know what you mean about working out in the morning, I do much better with that too!

Hey, I'm into Day 5 of staying on program. So far so good!!!

Old 07-20-2004, 08:28 PM   #66  
deleted2

Finished Tuesday with 1450 calories, and took a 3-mile walk this morning. Hip pain is still keeping me from doing more. Dang!
On to Day 6!

Old 07-20-2004, 08:33 PM   #67  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

Yo! Edited: Final count 1770. Killer day but stayed out of the pizza parlor (barely).

Eydie, the LC wasn't good and I didn't eat it. I think it might have been good but I was arguing with managing editor and also the microwave wasn't working properly and the thing had thawed before I put it in and it just didn't appeal to me. I have to get to TJ's soon. Congrats on Day 5. I'm on Day 3 of my new initiative!

I did go to gym, BTW!

Jennifer, glad the kitty is better! Thanks for posting the link! I LOVE dairy products, so hopefully all that calcium's helping my cause!

My challenge tomorrow and Thursday is to fend off food at a chamber lunch and then at two lunches in the same day interviewing people. This restaurant doesn't have broccoli. I need to just eat a calorie friendly thing and let it go at that.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-20-2004 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Final count
Old 07-20-2004, 08:34 PM   #68  
Empress/Queen

Wisertime, you are doing good!!! Hope you got a chance to make it to the gym!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 09:43 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Thank you dear. But I did not go tonight. Something keeps popping up. But so far I have nothing going on for tomorrow so I plan to go.

I seem to be doing ok though since I have managed to lose 3 pounds this month!

Tues calories = around 1800.

Everyone here sounds like they are doing fantastic! Glad to hear it!

Lynn
Old 07-20-2004, 10:57 PM   #70  

I havent dissappeared! A one-day hiatus turned into two, but at least it wasn't three!
Today was 1325 and lots of walking!
My weight has shot up two pounds in the last couple days. I made my goal of 117, and kept it there until the goal date, but then two days later it was up. Argh. But I guess if they came on pretty quickly, it should come off quickly too, right?

Last edited by abbazabba; 07-21-2004 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:08 AM   #71  

Congrats, Lynn! Whoo-ho, you go.

Amarantha, good work on the gym, and best of luck on your double lunch challenge. Hopefully you can find something enjoyable and calorie-legal.

Abba, glad you're back. I know what you mean about rapid weight change. Yesterday I was down two pounds. This morning I'd put back a half pound. There is no way I ate an excess of 1750 calories yesterday, so at least some of it is water. We just gotta keep going and that scale will eventually co-operate.

Last night's dinner went ok. I ate a lot, but how many calories can sashimi contain? I think I ate maybe a quarter to a third of a cup of rice, the rest was super lean protein. And I had a glass of wine after dinner. So, not great, but not bad. And no sweets yesterday. Yeah, me.

I did not run this morning. I really didn't want to get out of bed. My kitty came and layed on me this morning. It was nice. Really, I was worried that she was never going to forgive me for leaving her at the vet's for 10 days. But, I think she's still the same sweet kitty. I will go for a run tonight (even if for only half my usual time). If I don't exercise, I'm never going to lose this weight!
Old 07-21-2004, 06:40 PM   #72  
deleted2

Abba, I think you're right about quicky gained weight coming off quickly. True for me anyway. I'm sure there's some scientific reason for it--anybody know what it is? In six days of being back OP I've managed to get back down to my goal weight of 135 pounds. Maybe I'll try to scrooch down to 130 pounds!

Lynn, congrats on being down 3 pounds!

Jliotta, how was the evening run? I didn't want to work out today but I listened to my higher self and did it anyway and I'm glad I did!

Finished today with 1515 calories and did 20 min. yoga, 20 min. dumbells, and a 30 min. step tape.

Old 07-22-2004, 01:41 AM   #73  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Congrats on being back at your goal weight, E!

Congrats on your three pounds loss, also, Wisertime! Three pounds in a month is an excellent pace! Huzzah!!!

Abba, you're doing great! Your weight is bound to fluctuate during the week. It'll likely be down again soon!

The first of the business lunch things went well. The food is good and healthy choices were available and I stayed away from dessert as well as the chips!

Calories are a little high because of a desire for a high protein granola bar when I woke up from a nap awhile ago. Still having a hard time adjusting to all the extra work I'm now doing but still consider this an OP kind of day. Went to gym!

Calories 1880! My weekly average is in the 1700s, so I'm good!
Old 07-22-2004, 08:02 PM   #74  
deleted2

Ended Thursday with 1500 exactly, and 20 min. yoga and 30 min. Pilates.

Will be out all day in the big bad world tomorrow. I'll have to start planning my strategies now. I know we'll be having lunch out, and I'm determined to make good choices!

Amarantha, I consider any day with a calorie count of 2000 or less a screaming success! Youre doing so well!

This thread has been such a big help!

Old 07-22-2004, 08:37 PM   #75  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yo!

Hmmm. Well, this day's a wash. I'd posted earlier but am editing the whole thing as I've had several of the EAS Carb Control drinks (NOT the caffeinated ones) in an effort, apparently, to get body back to normal. I really can't handle as much tea and cake as I had today, mixed with stress.

Tomorrow!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-23-2004 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Ate more stuff!
Closed Thread