Old 07-10-2004, 03:19 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Hiya Ladies~

Just spent 2 hours cleaning my car really good. I haven't done a good cleaning like that since before we moved off the dirt road. I have vaccuumed often, just not cleaned to the extent I did today. Boy was it a HOT one! Now I am resting and having lunch before starting in on the 15 loads of laundry I have to do. Okay, so it's just 14. I'm kidding, it really is only 3 loads, I think, possibly 4.

Jana~the concert was nice. I really like the amphitheater atmosphere. Although, on the tickets it says bring your lawn chairs and we get there lawn chairs in hand and have to take them back to the car. The free concert cost $3 each for parking, and $6 each to rent a lawn chair, which still isn't bad. They have to make some money some how I guess, because a lot of people had those free tickets. The parking fee was just for the ones with free tickets. 3/4 of the place is lawn seating, but I liked it. It was Jason. WTG on another 2 pounds gone forever! The way you are going, you will reach goal soon! Did you and Neal make it to see the Eagles?

Rosiekate~my dd also saw that about JS and before we left I tried to find something, make sure the concert was a go, which it was. She had a nice summer dress on, don't even know how to begin to describe it-but it was nice and summery. The girl can sing that's for sure, and dance. There was an opening act also, Ryan Cabrera (sp?), he was actually good also and has a new album coming out. If anyone watches JS or Ashlee Simpson, he is a friend of the family and now I guess is Ashlee Simpsons boyfriend. The father manages him. Anyhoo...I am a JS & AS watcher-they crack me up. Yeah, I give BS marriage about a month if that. Sorry, not a fan of BB or AR. I had watched BB2 and never saw another one after that. I don't think I even watched the whole thing to see who one.

Angie~oooooooooo, Brad Pitt He is a cutie. And George Strait, again I love his crooked sexy smile! And his music of course! I think my fav is Write This Down. Have you already gone to see him or is that coming up, can't remember. Haven't seen Troy, I'm not much of a fan for movies like that.

Marti~how cool going to a farmers market. I always forget they have one here. How is Miss Shanna doing? Where did ya go???? I saw you online and thought you would have posted.

Susan~look for a PM from me with some photos. I will probably leave them public for just a day or two. Anyway, they are not that great but the only decent ones for now. I plan on getting some done professionally sometime soon. WTG on your loss also! I'm sorry, I too thought I had said something about your loss (139.5) I went back to see, and didn't. So sorry! I try to always give support and answer questions when asked but when I get to typing I get sidetracked and forget some things.

Sue~keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry to hear about your dad.

Hi to everyone else.

Well, as I said not much going on today just going to catch up on laundry and probably some reading. I've got two books I need to read before returning to the library Monday. I will finish the one and may have to recheck the other. I am on a John Saul kick. Take care ladies and have a wonderful Saturday.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 05:50 PM   #32  
One day at a time

Just checking to see if anyone has posted today. I guess I am the only one who doesn't have a life!

Talk to ya'll later!
Old 07-10-2004, 07:44 PM   #33  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

Very cloudy out but HOT! Picked up my swing from grandpa's can't wait to hang it up and use it!! Nothing like a patio swing!!

Cristi--I've been off and online most of the morning....reading here and there. Then James and I finally went to town to look around and have lunch. Are you wanting to come over and detail my car too?? I haven't washed it good in and out in so long!! I usually wash it then kind of pick up on the inside...I really should take a rag to the inside and vacuum!!! It needs it. I keep tracking in sawdust from the trees!! Maybe I will tackle that sometime this week.

Not much going on right at this moment. I have some friends coming over and one of James' friends are coming....I guess they're both of our friends.....don't know why I split them up like that. So I've been dashing around the house picking up little stuff here and there and sweeping it up. Can't have company with a messy floor!!!

Anyway, just wanted to check in see if anyone's on.

I may check in later.

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 08:28 PM   #34  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Nice hot day,,,
Becky Angelika and I went for pancake breakfast with the boys,,,that was cool...listened to Paul Brant sing,,nice Calgary boy. Then went to Millerville one of them really cool farmers market,,its like being at Costco with all the samples...Tanner and his buddy went swimming I waited and waited,,,2 hours later in the van,,,I had enough makeup melting down my face,,,geesh I must of looked like Alice Cooper...lol So now we are home,,relaxing,,glass of wine,,,steak BBQing with some baby potatoes,,,and veggies.
Cristi, those kinds of movies freak me out too,,,but to see Brad in a leather skirt and not much else,,,was worth it....*evil grin
Well Im going to go lay on the coach...
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 08:28 PM   #35  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hiya Ladies!

RosieKate - YAY for you starting WW!!! I am very happy about that. Tip # 1 - you gotta try the Edy's Whole Fruit (sugar free) popcicles - they are 1 fiber, 30 calories, no fat, 0 points. We can have three 0 points foods like that a day before we have to count it 1 point for all 3. I get mine at Wal-mart for $2.50 a box of 12. They are worth it!

Marti - The Jury sounds like something that I would really like. What day and network is it on?

Cristi - The Eagles is a local family club. Not the group.... if it was the group, I would've been waaaaaaay excited. And no, we didn't get to the club, because Zane's mom was running behind, and it just didn't work out.

I got the house cleaned today, listening to oldies on the radio. Then I went to town just to get out of the house. Had fresh corn on the cob for supper with Molly McButter on it. Mmmmmmm

Toodles,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 08:30 PM   #36  

Hi Angie & Jana---

Are either of you going to be on long enough to chat?
Old 07-10-2004, 08:30 PM   #37  
Give me strength

Jana,,,we are posting at the same time,,,
I have not yet had corn on the cob yet,,,which is strange,,,hmmm
Angie
Old 07-11-2004, 07:41 AM   #38  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good Morning Ladies,

Angie and Marti - last nights unplanned chat was fun! It was cool to have our own room.

Angie - next time, you get in the pool too! But you're a good mom to just wait while your DS and friend swam. Alice Cooper, lol!

Suetalks - hope you are headed home soon, and that you have a safe trip. I've been thinking of you, friend.

No late night posters? Where is everyone? See Cristi, I don't have a life, either, lol.

Btw, see the added sentence in my siggy? Most of the mods of the entire 3FC site have added that to help prevent any law suits against failures due to incomplete advice, etc. given on the boards. Didn't want you guys to wonder what's going on.

No special plans for the day, but I'll check back later.

TTFN,
Old 07-11-2004, 01:00 PM   #39  
One day at a time

Marti~how did you get your avatar so big??? I have been playing with this stuff all morning and if I go bigger than 110 x 110 pixels it won't let me post it.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:17 PM   #40  

Good morning! Well, it's just 12:00 noon, so GOOD NOON! It has been since Wed since I've been online. So busy. Thursday I was running around mad trying to get ready for my trip. Friday I left work at noon and left for Chicago about 1. Checked into the hotel, ate dinner, and went to the concert. It was a little disappointing. I've decided I really don't like outdoor concerts. It wasn't loud enough. I could clearly carry on a conversation. A rock concert is supposed to be deafeningly loud. It also started raining during Kiss. Lucky for us, we were under a pavilion. But we had to walk in the rain back to the car. And it only took us 2 hrs to go 35 miles from the hotel to the concert. I love Chicago! Yesterday we went shopping at Oakbrook and Woodfield malls. I bought a few things, but didn't go hog wild. Got home last night about 9pm, dog tired.

Jana - would you believe I forgot to buy any postcards? I wanted to send one to my mom too. Darn it! I'll find one around here and send it to you! I'm sure there is one with a John Deere tractor on it! YUK! I did get my Dr. Phil book in the mail on Friday. I'm gonna start on that later today. It's so hot and humid, nothing else to do. Congrats on your 2 lb loss! I'm starting hard this week. Trips over, PMS is over. Good timing.

RosieKate - those Edy's whole fruit popsicles are delicious! I have tried MANY of them! Another hottie who is quite the dim bulb to listen to is Keanu Reeves. I think the character he played in Bill and Ted's wasn't really acting. It was him!

Cristi - Aww, I have a ton of laundry to do also. Perhaps I can get you to clean out my car? It is a disaster. I would think about but it's supposed to rain through Tuesday.

Marti - Hope you had a good visit with your friends.

Well, I'm gonna go for now. My kitten thinks its fun to chase my fingers as I type. It's very difficult to catch all of her typos! And I should get busy, laundry and bills to pay.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:39 PM   #41  
One day at a time

Hiya Jen~I completely forgot you were going to Chicago. DS and I went to see Jessica Simpson at the amphitheater in Kansas City and I totally love the outdoor concerts now, and they had humongous speakers so the sound was perfect! You are right, a concert is supposed to be LOUD! Sorry, it wasn't so great for ya. I was worried it was going to rain on us. Sorry ladies, cleaning one car was enough for me. I am still hurting today, but my car is clean. Now to finish the laundry.

Jana~when you mentioned the Eagles I thought you meant the group. Can't remember you mentioning a place called the Eagles, oh well. Sounds like you ladies are quite the chatters. Glad you ladies are having fun in the chat room.

HI to EVERYONE ELSE.

As I said, I need to get my laundry finished. Have two loads to fold, and probably another to wash. Then I am taking a lazy Sunday to read the newspaper and finish my book. Headed to AR tomorrow so not sure when I will post again or when I will be back. Don't know who has a computer there so...I will try to post if possible. Take care and see ya later...
Old 07-11-2004, 02:02 PM   #42  

Hello ladies--

Chatting last night was fun! Hoping that more of us can go in there and really get confused with all the yappin going on together!!

Cristi--James did my advatar and I have no idea how he did it. It took time. In fact, we were trying to figure out how to change mine and we still are having problems. I need to get an updated picture. You're dog is so cute!!

Jen--Welcome back. Sounds like you had a good weekend. And I can just picture your kitty attacking your fingers! How cute!!

Jana--Hello there lady!! Enjoyed our chat.....must come up with more topics to talk about. And hopefully next time I won't have James calling me every 2 mins. for help....that way you won't be singing to yourself!!

Morning to everyone else!!
Not sure what's on the agenda for the day....Jame is leaving for Portland for two weeks tonight....he's still debating if he'll even come home on the days he does have off. We'll see.

Better get my day going....need coffee!!

bbl
Marti
Old 07-11-2004, 02:48 PM   #43  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi ladies,

Cristi - LOVE THE NEW AVATAR!!!! Such a cute doggie! I know you aren't looking forward to AR, but have a safe trip anyway.

Marti - I know, I didn't mean to bore you and Angie about finances, lol. Sorry about that.... Let's stick to fun topics! Give James a big ol' kiss goodbye from all us Jaded Ladies, lol.

Jen - glad you had a good time even if the concert wasn't loud enough. Don't need any postcards of tractors - got them going up and down the road all day, lol. You're gonna like the book by Dr. Phil. I don't agree with EVERYTHING he says, but most of it made a lot of sense. The gist of it is, either do it, or don't. And if you're gonna do it - make your world fit around it. Works for me, and I know it will work for anyone who has their mind made up, lol.

I've been working on my Disney stuff, making a list of what I want to send ahead by UPS to save luggage space. Stuff like breakfast bars, snacks, paper plates and any stuff we won't be bringing back. Mary and Gina are gonna send diapers, etc.

BBL,
Old 07-11-2004, 06:07 PM   #44  
RosieKate

Jana- I'm glad you mentioned the factoid about the 0 point foods....I've been sitting here chowing down on organic cucumbers and carrots and thinking that I could just eat away and IT'S ALL ZERO!!! I eyeballed it after reading your post and I have about 3 servings, so it went into the calculator. Also appreciate the tip about Edy's. I've had the whole fruit sorbet from a pint, but not in a popsicle. Have to look for those....

Christi -glad you had fun at the concert. Your description reminded me of when DH and I used to go to the Mt. Hood Festival of Jazz. We'd get there early and spread out blankets on the lawn and just settle in for the whole day and listen to jazz. It was so cool! Over the years, I saw Ella Fitzgerald, Ray Charles, Tito Puente, Mel Torme...so many great performers who are no longer with us. We stopped going about the time we had kids, but still have those great memories. I do think Jessica Simpson has a great voice....I can see how it would have been a good concert. Hope AR goes well...

Marti - Have fun with that swing - We've been having great weather to be swinging out on the deck. Bummer about James having to be away for two weeks, but it is only a two hour drive......Maybe you could drive up here? Portland's got a lot of fun stuff to do..you could make it a romantic weekend away....

Jen- absolutely - rock concerts are supposed to be loud! Just read that a kid from Oregon has taken over for one of the KISS members. Hope he did the hometown proud.

Well, Mom came and packed up the table for me. What a relief. My house smells normal now. Actually, the longer we had it, the smoke smell seemed to dissipate, so I think once its shampooed it will be back in good shape. I am glad to have my house back to normal - just alot of family in and out over the last couple of weeks. While I love my family, it hasn't always been easy. So next week, I get to just kick back , and not be the hostess with the mostest for awhile. Yahoo!
Too bad no BB/AR fans. But I know there are some Last Comic watchers here....Was so happy Ant got the boot. He drove me bonkers...I think Tammy is the one really running the show... I'm still not sure I'm all that into BB this time around. It's more fun to follow on the internet, believe it or not. But the Amazing Race is one of my fave shows. Aside from these I mentioned, I watch History Detectives on PBS and that's the extent of my TV viewing. I don't watch too many dramas becuse I go to bed pretty early. I like to read for while before I go to sleep.
Movie plug: Last night we watched Calendar Girls with my mom and her DH. We all gave it a big thumbs up.....

Tomorrow's my WI day - so tata til then....DH is going to his book group meeting tonight, so I doubt I'll get back on the computer til tomorrow

Hi to Everyone and enjoy what's left of the weekend!
RK
Old 07-11-2004, 07:04 PM   #45  
Give me strength

Good Day Ladies,
I relaxed last night,,,had the dinner then hung out with Monte,,,
Today we did our grocery shopping together...
Came home and made 2 rhubarb/strawberry pies (my friend gave me a huge bag of rhubarb) and have ribs in the crock,,,will bbq them then sauce them all up...yum! I also made a batch of salsa...so my summer is set.
Jana,,,what a great idea about the UPS. Where do you send it to? yourself? Hotel?
When are you going?
Marti, how much longer till James isn't off doing his training?
Cristi, I have been to acouple of outdoor concerts before and they are ok,,,like you I like the noise. Without bugs,,,and weather.
well Im off to watch Butterfly affect
Angie