Old 07-08-2004, 12:32 PM   #16  

Default Can Not Keep Up

Ladies, I cannot keep up with the post but I wanted to let you know I am still around. By the time I read the post, JW is awake, so I have not read these.

I weighed in today and I am the same as last week. Very disappointing being that I stayed pretty much on program for the busy holiday weekend.

Life has been busy, but I am so enjoying my summer with John Wesley. I will try to catch up soon. We are off to the Children's Museum today. JW is up again.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:37 PM   #17  
Walking away the weight

Spryng- I bet you're excited!!! I like how you keep shifting your personal goal down Have a great time with DH.

Penny - 3am!?! So that's how you actually get things done Guess I should give it a try!

Michelle- I'm with you - I mean, it's not like they're going to go to college in diapers . . . when it happens it happens - I just thought if you weren't familiar with the Dr. Phil idea because it seems clever.

Hi, Mel!

Crystal- we didn't find out the sex with Liam, but I'm not sure if there's a next time only because then I'd know which clothes I needed, etc. But who knows . . .

Ginny- how hot has it been? Just curious. It's hot here, but doesn't seem quite as steamy as normal.

Kristin - the Dr. Phil method: buy a baby doll that urinates (like the kind you change diapers on). Introduce the doll to your child (give him/her a name, etc.) Play with your child and the doll. Tell your child that the doll has to use the potty. You and your child help the doll go potty. Get very excited and celebrate each time the doll goes potty. He claims that fairly quickly, your child will want to use a potty too to minic the doll and excitement. Michelle - let me know if I missed anything here. I also have never ending laundry, BTW. I hate laundry!

Di- yes, well, I haven't been very motivated with working out, which is why I've begun this new reward system I get stressed out about travel with Liam too, but in the end it usually isn't as bad as I anticipate.

Liam just fell asleep, so when he's sleeping deeply enough to move him, I'll get my 20-minute aerobic workout in and cleaning, etc. Lunch was a Boca burger, and fat-free pringles. I'm going to get in extra water today since my WI is tomorrow.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:40 PM   #18  
Walking away the weight

Oops! Melinda and Cindi - we were posting at the same time I think. Cindi - hope the pink eye clears up! Yuck

Melinda- I know maintaining feels bad when you've worked hard to stay OP, but at least it isn't a gain. I know next weigh in will show a decrease - don't give up
Old 07-08-2004, 01:17 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!
Just one last post before I head out. SIL should be here any sec and I am going to close down this computer.
I did get all my houseowork done this morning so I feel good about leaving it. And I've just been spending some quality time with the kids before I go. You probably won't hear much from me until monday so have a great weekend all!!! I'll miss you!

TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 01:20 PM   #20  
Walking away the weight

We'll miss you too Spryng. Hope you have fun, fun, fun.

Just checking in because although Liam didn't really nap, I still did a 20-minute aerobic tape, so that's my second workout today.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:24 PM   #21  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!

Don't have much time to post.....

Off to Lowe's again to get some more storage stuff......

I think I am addicted........ LOL

I am doing the whole house

Have a great time Spryng!

Have a great day ladies..... It is karate again today so I will be running around.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:52 PM   #22  
**Kristin**

NOt lots of time for me to post either today, seems like we are all really busy! !
WE just got back from lunch with my friends from my old job, one is a stay at home day of twin girls (good luck ! ) and the other 2 girls still work there, they are always so fun to be around, it was nice, and I had a good lunch, a bottle of water and a grilled chicken breast with rice pilaf...it was good and light! I think tonight with dinner it will be Teriaki pork tenderloin, teriaki noodles and steamed carrots.
Sorry don't have time to get personal this afternoon, want to get some laundry done and get a little reading in before Sydney wakes up from her nap!

Have a good day, I might try and get back on later!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:57 PM   #23  
Walking away the weight

Hi again. Penny - glad you're having fun organizing . . . do you think you could head over here when your done with your place???

Kristin- great job with your food choices! You're doing really well.

I was just checking in, but will return later. Dinner tonight will be chicken fajitas.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:02 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Penny yeah come to my house after you are done with Leighs!!! I need my girls room organized in a bad way lol wayyyy too many stuffed animals lol.

Breakfast for me was 1 cup bran flakes 1 small banana and 1/5 c milk, lunch is a smartones (ww) fettucini alfredo 6 points and dinner I'll probably have a lean cuisine and a peach for dessert

I feel guilty because I've been slacking on my exercise because summer is in full swing and I would rather be outside with the girls or in the pool Arrrghhhh!! I'm trying to find a bike trailer that is affordable enough that hubby won't pitch a fit if I buy it lol.

Have a great day girls!!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:05 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh yeah I was going to ask you guys for some suggestions, my second anniversary is coming up and we never got to take a honeymoon and our first anniversary I was pregnant so we just went to dinner, but I would like to have a suprise stay at a super nice hotel here in my town, but can you guys throw some suggestions my way? I just want it to be really special for both of us.

Thanks again
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:19 PM   #26  
**Kristin**

hey michelle (like how I said I was getting off to do laundry ) -
We are coming up on our second anniv. too in September (yes if you do the math, we had sydney and then got married when she was a year old) and he did something that was really fun. We got a hotel that night too, and he said he wanted to go to dinner, we did eventually, but first we visited all the places that had been special to us for one reason or another and I got a rose from each place. (ex - went to the lak where we first said I love you and there was a rose under the park bench waiting for me) It was totally special, and i loved that he remembered that stuff, then we went to our house which is like 'the present" and then for the future, he took me on a tour of this house that we want to rennovate and live in when we are old . So, to make a long story short, do something to remind him of the past present and future !! OKAY - I HAVE TO GO NOW, SOMEONE IS GOING TO HAVE LEAVE THE HOUSE NAKED IF I DON"T GET SOME LAUNDRY DONE! haha!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:38 PM   #27  

Spryng, Have a GREAT time with DH. You deserve it!

Michelle, hmmm. A nice hotel seems like a great idea! Check on what type of resturant it has and order room service. See if they have any rooms with jacuzzi's and go swim in the pool. Most times I've been to hotels, no one is in them. It's relaxing too. Also, if you have an entertainment book, check to see if they give a discount for that. Many hotels are half off the rack rates for Entertainment. Bring some microwave popcorn and rent a movie you want to see together. Pretty much, don't leave the room . Spending time together is precious time you hardly get if you're anything like us. By the time Jamie gets home, we eat dinner and get the kids to bed. Abigail is tough to get to sleep, so by the time she's asleep so are one of us. LOL Happy Second.~!

Penny, you are up to much organizing, as am I this week. I haven't stopped, my feet are killin' me. I just hope all this hard work stays half way descent for a while. BTW I don't think I got your email yet. No biggie though. I'll probably mail on Saturday.

HI, Leigh!!!

Hello and good afternoon to all of you gals.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:54 PM   #28  
Walking away the weight

Michelle- cool - an anniversary! Looks like you got some great suggestions. During our anniversary trip, DH surprised me by taking me to a Jewelry store to buy me a gift . . . maybe you could do something similar with DH - or someplace where you can buy something for both of you - like something you've both wanted for the house, etc.

Kristin - that sounds like a nice anniversary!

Mel- Hi! How are you doing today?

TTYL.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:35 PM   #29  
SAHM of 3

I just realized that my post after my nap never posted and I don't remember anything I said in it.
Oh well. I did sleep for an hour and a half but woke up with a terrible headache. I still have it alittle but not as bad. I relaxed by reading a new book that just came in the mail called, "Pearl". I'm not much of a reader but it sounds like a really good book. I made it to chapter 4 but the chapters are alittle short.
Dinner is herbed butterfly pork chops, corn on the cob and broccoli and cheese. I'm snacking on grapes and peaches now.
I'll try to check in later. Have a great evening.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 05:54 PM   #30  
Walking away the weight

Hey, Crystal - glad you got a nap in. Dinner sounds good! What is Pearl about?

I forgot to mention that I bought that "alternative" bagel - a whole bagel for one point! I'm going to give it a try tomorrow morning with my egg beaters. DH won't be home until 8 pm, so I'm goinng to have a zero-point salad to tide me over.
TTYL.