Old 07-01-2004, 01:56 PM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #75

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 02:02 PM   #2  

Faye
Julie
Beth
Bonni
Carri

last post today girlies as we decided to leave this evening instead of tomorrow.

Is this backache and novel central? Wonder if getting fat makes you a more talented writer?

Carri: Hope you and the hubster get to feeling better!

Julie: Glad you are feeling better. I bought a "stair climbing" outfit today that was on clearance at Walmart. Little see through "cheeky" pants and tiny little see through top. I think I will hold on to it until we get back and spring it on him. He has this thing about watching me climb the stairs when we come upstairs for the night so maybe I will sneak it downstairs and really give him something to look at going up the stairs!

Well I am about finished "cooking" my hair so I am going to go and finish it up and get packing done and then go get hubby.

Faye (tomorrow's lbs down will start late so be sure and let me know your losses!)
Old 07-02-2004, 12:40 AM   #3  

Height: 5 foot

Hey everyone! Just a real quick check- in to see how you all are doing! I took some midol last night and was cleaning to house until 4 am!! So of course I didnt get but 35 minutes of exercise in....and I really wouldnt say it was high impact either. My pedometer only has 3636 steps on it, but that has been since 7 or so. I forgot to put it on earlier. I took only 1 midol today...but I'm already up late. I'm packing up stuff that we don't use.... SO MUCH! Now I don't know where I"m going to put it...but who cares! The point of all of that ramble is....even though I did drink my water, and exercised I give myself a 0!!! I've never cheated this bad since I've started.....in March.... This really sucks.... But i'm also not used to having PMS!

Anyways, on top of that I have some kind of cold. I am also eating my butt off.... I made the mistake of eating at hardees today. They didnt have a nutrition guide... BIG MISTAKE! Now I'm starving...but I cant afford to eat anything else. I usually weigh-in at the first and end of the month...but I skipped it, I'd rather wait until Saturday. I also ate a snickers and an ice cream!!! That is soo unlike me! I HATE TOM!!!!

Everyone I havent forgotten about you!! I promise to comment on everyone tomorrow! But I'm too tired to try to go back to the other thread right now! I know it would be simple for you all to just open two windows on the computer....but as you all know.... one window makes my computer freeze so... gotta hurry up before it does. But I do want to thank everyone for their support. Today, he is acting totally different, but the same. He is like talking to a brick wall. I did ask him what the **** he was married to me for!?! Because I swear this man doesnt even know me!...but like I said NO TIME!! Let's not go there! I just added another 70 calories of these f/f chips and now my tummy hurts!! So I gotta go chickies...I'm tired!!! Talk with you all tomorrow!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:27 AM   #4  

Good Morning Beautifuls!

3 points for yesterday! Gave myself the day off on exercise so as not to overtax my back. It's feeling good, but I don't want to overdo it. I've got aerobics in 1/2 an hour, so today should be a 4 pointer.

One day with no fruit......feeling good, small headache which might be from sugar withdrawl or might be sinuses from the thunderstorms we had last night. The same people who told me about the fruit said I should look at the South Beach diet. It is almost identical to how I normally eat since cutting out pasta and bread, with the exception of the fruit. So, I'm very hopeful that just not eating fruit and sticking with protein and veggies will do the trick. I'm going to try hardnot to weigh myself until next Friday. They say you can lose 8-14 pounds on the first two weeks of South Beach. So, even if I only lose half of that, I'll still be down in the 190s!! THAT"S my motivation not to cheat on chips and bbq and cake this holiday weekend. We're going to a friend's house for a few days, but she is trying to lose weight as well......so I think I can persuade her to NOT go crazy with the food. Now the alcohol will be another question.........the ONLY time I drink is when we go hang out with them. BUT I reaaallllyyyy want to be in the 190s next week, so keep me in your prayers. Every body send me your NO CHEATING vibes! I will, if you will

Jaymie--it sounds to me like you are overeating because of the stress with your husband, not necessarily the pms. I know I'd be stuffing my face if I were in your situation. Maybe you need to take a day or two to destress with some yoga or something. Take a warm bubble bath, paint your nails, anything that calms you down. Take a look at your own signature line......you have lost ALOT of weight, and I know you're not going to let yourself go back there. You have tons to be proud of, even if noone appreciates it but you. YOUR opinion of yourself is the most important! So just breathe deep, and let the stress slide off you.

Everybody have a super-duper holiday weekend! And remember those who fought and are still fighting so hard to keep us free! Just think, in alot of countries around the world, an open forum like this would be illegal!

Ok, gotta get to aerobics.
Later Babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:16 AM   #5  
It is what it is...

Morning everyone...I am feeling sort of blahzeh ( I know that is a word but I dont know how to spell it, ha ) today...didnt sleep real well last night, I slept on the futon so I wouldnt disturb my dh's back in the bed, and my back is now sore and I didnt sleep for squat...so just trying to get through the work day so I can go home and totally relax for the holiday weekend...

On good news I did lose another pound!! Which puts me at 194...I am so excited that I am going to be in the 180's in no time!!

Julie - I hear you can lose alot of weight starting off on the South Beach, so good luck to you, cant wait to hear your loss!!

Jaymi - Yeah sounds like stress eating ( with a side of pms ) ... all that food intake does not sound like you....it'll get better

Faye - Hope your trip was a safe one...cant wait to hear your pounds down

Susan, Amanda, Nefertiti, Cathy, Beth, and anyone I missed - have a great day and holiday weekend ( if I dont check back in )
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:55 PM   #6  
Nefertiti

Hey everyone!

Jaymi: I agree with everyone else, sounds like you were stressed emotionally, and were PMS'ing, those two combined make for a terrible temptation to try and overcome. You've done so much for yourself, keep going. Don't let anyone bring you down - you are a goddess!

Faye: Have a great trip! Be safe!

Julie: I tried South Beach for two weeks, and was barely able to get through it. I live by a modified low-carb diet now. It's been working great for me (when I've exercised and stayed on plan that is). Good luck! I'm sending over my no cheating vibes right now

Satine: Congratulations on your weight loss! way to go!

Yesterday went ok. But I only earned 3 points yesterday - I took yesterday as an exercise rest day. I still walked the dog, but nothing much beyond that. It felt wierd going to bed without doing something, but at the same time, I woke up yesterday feeling like my body just needed a break. So I took one. I think next time I might to 20 minutes of pilates or yoga. I think I sleep better when I stretch.

So anyway, water was good, food was good, and today, I started with a bagel and cream cheese - so my plan today is to adjust my day to allow for the extra carbs at breakfast.

Oh and my weight today is down from last week - which is an excellent thing, but I'm not sure I'd count it as a loss, I think last week's gain was PMS related: 164.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 02:21 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Gosh, I miss posting for a couple of days and when I get back I have to read a book I think all of you could write novels if you really wanted to

Julie, I'm glad that your back is improving

Jaymi, I'm so sorry you're having problems with hubby I can totally relate that is my life with mine and whoever said (I think it was Beth) that people don't change was right i've been waiting for 10yrs for things to get better with mine and they never do no matter how many promises are made at least yours is'nt verbally abusive mine is and his pet name for me at the moment is "Big C" or "Large One" he never uses my given name and I would'nt mind but I'm 5' 4" weigh 159lbs and wear a size 12 jeans so i'm far from being massive I truly believe that he is the reason that I can't keep the weight off because when he say's something nasty I find consolation in eating chocolate or icecream (lots of it) and i've even sat and cried while doing it all of you that have supportive spouses count yourselves lucky cuz it sucks when you don't
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 04:35 PM   #8  

Hello All,

I'm not feeling very well today. I think it's just my sinuses. At least that's what I hope it is. I lost about 1 1/2 lbs. I had a couple of bad days so I'm happy for that.

Julie - The intial weight loss on a low carb diet is from consumption of gllucose stored in the liver and muscles as glycogen. A severe restriction of dietary carbohydrates means that dietary sugar is not readily available for use by the brain so it takes it from where I mentioned. The resulting weight loss can be 8+ pounds. However, because you have been dieting you may or maynot see that kind of loss. Even Atkins says that after being on a low carb diet if you go back to the beginning and follow the plan you won't see those kinds of losses. So don't blame yourself if you don't. Besides it isn't fat anyway at that point. Best of luck on it though. It certainly can't hurt to try and you might do very well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Cat90 - I just don't understand people. People marry people because they love them and want to be with them. How do they go from that to belittling someone they cared that much about? I'll never understand it. We should want to make our partners lives better not worse. Abuse we can get anywhere. Home should be a safe haven.

Jaymi - I know that I'm in a bad mood today and most likely going to go off about something that I shouldn't and shouldn't bother me, but it does a bit so I just thought I would mention it so please do take it in the best spirit possible. I know you're just being funny and silly and cute and mean no harm, but putting a pig and a cow next to your former weights...when many of us weigh that much now or more is a bit insulting. I realize you don't mean to be, but to me it is. I don't want to speak for anyone else and I'm most likely being too sensitive about it but I just thought I would mention it. You've done very well losing all that weight and I think that's wonderful and wish you nothing but the best on getting to goal. I don't want to sound unsupportive. I also didn't want to sit here and let it bother me and not say anything. Having said that. Do as you wish, keep them or not it is up to you of course and I won't bring it up again. That's just my two cents worth for whatever it's worth.

Faye - Hope you're having a nice trip.

To everyone happy holiday's have fun and be safe.

Beth
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 06:35 AM   #9  

SATURDAY: today is sunny thoughts Saturday! Have something to share?

yeah to Beth for lbs down

i had a 6 lb loss.

i strained my wrist, wouldn't you know it so am one finger posting so cant do much

later girls!

faye
Old 07-03-2004, 11:53 AM   #10  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Ladies

Faye, You'll be typing with your nose soon you poor lady

Beth, I can't understand it either in fact my hubby even told me last week for the first time in months that he does love me but i could'nt say it back because I just don't feel the same anymore you can't call someone names constantly without it having a negative effect on the way that they feel about you and I just don't think he understands the damage that he has done. You know i did'nt even notice the and the on Jaymi's post I know that I use them a lot too in a funny ha-ha way so it did'nt 'fizz' on me
Old 07-03-2004, 01:05 PM   #11  

Hello everyone.

Today is weigh in and surpringly I'm down 3 lbs!! WooHOO! I'm glad, I feel better since I didnt lose anything last week due to being stupid. I am short on time of course and I can barely leave comments or tell anyone how my day is going..but I'll try to do a little bit! Hubby is acting....regular again. He goes on these guilt trips when he knows he's wrong...but doesnt want to admit it. I just.... dont even get it. I never even thought about stress eating...but duh.. that's probably what it is. I gotta stop! I wouldnt mind eating more... but just not all that fat! I exercised this morning, havent eaten, still got to go to the grocery store and get stuff for the week. (trying a new approach this time) Planned dinners.... hurray! Anyways I doubt we'll do anything today or tomorrow. Everyone is just laying around doing nothing.... and that irritates me like he*l!! I hate that!!! Do something!! Anyways, I might just leave everybody here! OH well, gotta go so quick, quick comments!

Cat90- Men.... they suck!! They say people never change... but was he like that when you married him? If people can change for the worst... you'd think they could change for the better! Too bad! Anyways, I'm sorry to hear that you are treated that way... you should take that ice-cream and slam it in his face next time he calls you large one!!

Faye- Have Fun and enjoy yourself!! You're dedication to us is awesome!

Nefertiti- for your comment. 3 points is good, everyone should have an off day. You are doing great! BTW I'm sure some of those 50 million exercises you do can last for 2 days!

Satine- on your lbs down!! Woohoo! Keep up the good work!

Julie- for your comment, you made me see the light! I wish I could help you more about your diet. I wish I knew the answer! But either way I wish you the best of luck.

Beth- Sorry... I Didnt realize that calling myself names would offend anyone else! But it isnt really referring the the lbs, it is actually (to me) describing the way I look. I'm not downing anyone who weighs more than I do now. Both of my parents are 300+, and I don't see fat, or cows, or pigs, or anything else... and I dare someone to ever say something about it to me! So there isnt anyway I was trying to be offensive.

Gotta go now chicks.... I'm tired and it's already 1 p.m. Where the h*ll does the time GO!!!! It seems like I just woke up!!!!! GRRRR!!!

to everyone!!!!
Old 07-03-2004, 01:45 PM   #12  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well Done Jaymi I'm sorry to say that hubby has always been like that deep down its the second time around for us and i thought that he HAD changed obviously i was wrong I might just try the icecream trick tho'

I'm bored don't know what to do with myself I'm not speaking to hubby we had words last night and he did'nt eat his dinner and then said to me "no doubt you'll be able to eat that" I nearly threw it at him but i did'nt so I guess I don't need to cook dinner tonight well, only for MYSELF to heck with it I think I'll have dinner out and see a movie
Old 07-03-2004, 03:16 PM   #13  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Ladies!

I've been doing okay, although I have some sort of bug at the moment and have not felt up to exercise.

CAT - I'm sorry you are having problems with your husband - I think he is treating you really badly. You should not have to put up with constant put downs and sniping, it just wears down your self esteem and is emotional abuse. When you say it is your second time round - do you mean that this is your 2nd marriage, but a different husband, or 2nd marriage to same husband? Whatever, it sounds like you deserve better - and he needs to either shape up or ship out! I hope things improve soon.

JAYMi - Sorry to hear about your relationship problems too! I hope you sort them out and he starts treating you better and giving you the respect you deserve. Congrats on the 3lb loss - wow, the weight is dropping off you!

CARRI - Congratulations on your 1lb loss! You are doing so well!

Even though my period has come, I still have water retention and my clothes feel tighter than ever! I mentioned it to my doctor and she said it could be a side effect of my pills - so I am going to try an over the counter remedy for it. Has anyone tried one? It's depressing when I'm working really hard at the diet and exercise, but my clothes are getting tighter!

Everyone else - have a good weekend.

Love Amanda x

Last edited by Amanda Panda; 07-03-2004 at 03:19 PM.
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 03:33 PM   #14  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Amanda

Hope you feel better soon I have'nt tried any diuretics so can't help with that one. I hate when jeans and stuff feel tight thats why I live in sweats when i'm at home
When I said second time around I meant relationship, we were teen sweethearts and then drifted apart due to him joining the navy. We met again after years apart and thats when we married. I thought age had mellowed him but he's still the same immature kid inside
Old 07-03-2004, 06:54 PM   #15  

Hello everyone! I'm bored as I dont know what... the weather SUCKS!!!! I wanted to go to the park today and play tennis, but it started pouring down. Da*n I still spent 78 bucks in the store just buying food for 3 meals!! Of course I'm hoping that it will last 2 days...per meal.. or at least until Thursday! I'm tired of cooking every day! Of course the 2 gallons of milk I bought for my daughter, some wheat bread and buns, and f/f cheese contributing highly to that price... but not that much! I hope this is over soon, I'm tired of either not eating, or eating food that I don't need to!! I guess I'll cook some tuna helper for now, because I am too tired to cook the whole meal right now! I am at 3638 steps.. but I know that is wrong bad!!! I was at 2600 before I left, and I walked in two stores for 2 hours.

Anyways Cat, I think you should do the same to him! I'm pretty sure he has things about him that you can make fun of....so you should come right back at him with an insult! Give him a taste of his own medicine!! The only reason he makes fun of your weight, is because he knows it bothers you! You shouldnt even let it bother you, because you know better!

Poor Amanda!!! You are always sick!!! Do you take vitamins!! You need to try some vitamin C !! I have tried those Diarex ( or how ever you spell them) I still have the same box in here. They made me sick to my tummy because I for some reason forgot to eat. I dont like to take stuff like that...because sometimes I forget to eat at an appropriate time. But I used to take them back in the day...and they worked then!!!! Well chickies... I gotta go and look stupid and bored again!! Talk with you all later!!

Love Jaymi

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 07-03-2004 at 06:57 PM.