Old 07-07-2004, 08:59 AM   #31  

Jules: Thanks for the terrific recipes! I added them to my recipes folder. WOW, high school! I can't even begin to think about something like that! Congratulations!

I still have so much to do to get back to normal. today is groceries (you know how I love that,) errrands and tomorrow is clean the house. I am kind of run down from all the fatty foods and being so tired. We had a blast but all we did was run here and there and EAT! I have put back on lbs as I only got one day to exercise but I am going to the pool in about half hour and am back on track big time to get them off and more!

The ballpark usually has a half hour fireworks show with music and all and they had 10 minutes of fireworks period this year, bummer! That is why I bought the stupid tickets to begin with! We did have 2nd row seats behind homeplate but I didn't give a fig about the game.

Amanda: 1500 is a good amount for you and your current weight. I stay at 1600-1800 at the most. make sure you are taking in no more than 375 fat calories though of that 1500. Hope you can get all "straightened" out soon.

Jaymi: I probably more than anyone here can talk to you about this China thing. I spent 20 years of a husband being gone anywhere from 6 months to a year at a time and then returning and he would still be gone 2 weeks in 3 out 4 etc. Anyway, there are some definite things that you AND hubby together have to consider:

WRONG REASONS:
SELFISHNESS- IF YOU FIND YOU DON'T WANT HIM TO GO BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO BE LEFT WITH THE KIDS. HE IS DETERMINED TO GO BECAUSE IT IS WHAT HE WANTS

MONEY- PURE FINANCIAL IS A STUPID REASON ALWAYS

TO BE APART TO HELP GIVE EACH OTHER SPACE-UH-UH IT WILL WIPE A BAD OR TROUBLING MARRIAGE OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH

MUST HAVES:

TRUST: EITHER OF YOU HAVE EVEN A TWINGE OF WHAT THE OTHER MIGHT DO AND IT SHOULD BE A NO GO

COMMUNICATION: IF YOU DON'T HAVE GOOD COMMUNICATION BEFORE HE WOULD GO IT IS A TERRIBLE IDEA

CLEAR EXPECTATIONS: IF YOU DON'T HAVE THIS THEN THERE WON'T BE A MARRIAGE WHEN HE GETS BACK

My opinion looking just at your side is this is a disaster waiting to happen. You obviously don't particularly trust him, feel resentful he is leaving you home for a year with kids,bills and what not and you two have disaster written all over this idea. Personally, you are young and counseling could do you both some good. I know nothing about him and you I love to death but honestly both of you have some big immaturity problems you need to work out and a lot of times that only comes with work. Believe me, I had my share of trouble in my marriage. I adore my husband but it is and hever has been always a bed of roses. We had horrible financial problems for most of our married life and separation didn't help that BUT WE WERE BOTH COMMITTED TO MAKING OUR MARRIAGE WORKING AND HELPING EACH OTHER THROUGH ANY BAD TIMES. It takes a huge amount of work to make a good marriage and you both have to give 100% to each other.

Gotta go and check to see if the pool is open.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 11:56 AM   #32  
It is what it is...

Morning ... I had a 3 pointer yesterday !!! and even though it was not a 4 pointer it is still quite an achievement after splurging for two days ...

My weds woe would be the same one I usually have lately....my job
Not going to go much into it because I have before, I just need a new one,
I am on the look out though - and probably also that I am going to be getting my TOM this week, so hello bloating

Jaymi - Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with your hubby...
hope it gets better soon

Cat - Okay so you called me out , not only was it "2" brats, but it was also a half of a hamburgar too !! and I LOVED every minute of it....now back to the grindstone

Faye - Glad you had a good trip

Amanda - I would say that 1500 is about right, when I calculate my points for WW, it seems I am having about 1500-1600 a day...actually since you weigh a little more you may actually need a little more than 1500, I think there was a websit that Faye told us about that you could go to calculate what you needed - Faye what was that???

Julie - Great job on getting into the pants you wore in high school, I wore a size 5 in highschool sometimes 3 so I am not going to be getting into those anytime soon, or maybe ever

Everyone else "hello" and have a great day
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:09 PM   #33  
Nefertiti

Hey everyone! I came by here earlier today, wrote a very long post, and when I wanted to submit it, I was kicked off the internet. So now that its a bit more stable, I'm back to rewrite my original Wednesday Woe. Basically, its so gloomy out, and it makes me feel so depressed. Almost like I should be taking "happy" pills to counteract the affect of this gloomy weather. It's awful. I guess a better way to put this: I didn't exercise yesterday, and was up really late hanging out with friends, and when I woke up this morning it was very gloomy, and now I just feel fat. Everyone tells me I'm not, but I really feel that way big time today, and every day that its gloomy I feel like that. If it was everyday I'd go see a doc about depression, but I think I'm just a sun worshipper, I need the sun in my life to feel energetic, and healthy, and happy about life. Jeez, I feel just like Eeyore today.

Ok, enough of that, I've done really well with my food, and water. Exercise is going to restart on plan tonight. I ditched it last night, when I should have just done it; so I'm going to do an extra 1/2 hour of cardio to make up for it tonight

Julie: Congrats on the pants. Thank you for the Junior Mints recipe that sounds so yummy, I think I'm going to try it tonight.

Jaymi: (((((Hugs)))))) just because

To everyone else: I hope you all have a great day.

From Eeyore's California Cousin
nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 03:51 PM   #34  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone!

Today I have some woes because I havent exercised and that is it!! Hey that's not that bad is it! I am just gonna hurry through this post because I am short on time, and I'm trying to get my food digested before I can exercise. Faye- what you said hit me right on the forehead and knocked me down... because is was soooo true. I know that I can be immature about a lot of stuff, but it seems to me because I never had a chance to live my life as a 20 yr old. I'm still stuck in that mentality and need to get out. On the other hand, I've always been the type to put my kids first no matter what, so the mommy part I have no prob with. I try to be the wife that the bible tells me to be... but sometimes, "obey" your husband part.... get's too blown out of proportion. If you only knew how hard I've been working to make this thing work.... but I can only do so much. It'll be alright eventually I know. Nefertiti.. (((hugs))) back to you!!! just because!! Carri, good job on your 3 pts!! Julie, you havent overstepped anything!!! You are definately right!! Love the recipies!!!! Amanda, the more I read about it, the more your symptoms sound like depression, so I see now what you are truly going through. I remember feeling sick and tired and down, etc.... and couldnt never figure out what was wrong with me. Physically being sick... wasnt something I thought had anything to do with depression. I'll just pray for you chickie! I hope you get to feeling better soon, on the inside!! Cat.... good idea! I think I'll just knock her off of the couch and say ooops! I didn't see you there! Too bad, I'll leave her in a second!! Well anyways I think I got everyone... if not .. I"m sorry!!!!! I'll try to post again later!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 04:07 PM   #35  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hey Girls!

Bring out the banners - I've lost 3lb!! I don't know what has happened - maybe some of the water retention has gone (I never bothered taking any remedy for it) or maybe my body has finally decided to let go of some of that fat! Whatever, it's so good to see some weight shifting! So I've lost the 2lb I put on during TOM and an extra pound!

Well yesterday was my first day of calorie counting and it went really well - I actually only managed to eat 1350 cals, but that is unusual - I'm getting over a bad migraine from a day or 2 ago and i think it has affected my appetite. I'm happy with 1500 at the moment - it doesn't feel too restrictive, but it means i do really have to think carefully about what I am eating. I'll see how i go over the next month. I got 3 points yesterday.

JULIE - you are doing so well! It is so wierd what you say about the scales not moving but you are obviously shrinking - it must be muscle, there is no other explanation for it is there? It must feel great to fit into your high school clothes - one question though...what the *** are you doing with your school clothes still in your wardrobe?? It sounds to me like you need a clearout!

CARRI - Good luck with the job hunting - what is it that you do? Well done for getting back on track after the long weekend!

FAYE - You sound a lot better, hope you continue to get well - you've had such a rough time of it recently. Don't overdo it with the cleaning!

JAYMI - faye has given you some really good advice about the China thing, so I won't add anymore. I hope things work out okay for you and your kids. I also hope your PMS has gone as you really don't need that on top of everything else!

BONNI - Sorry you are feeling blue I thought it was always sunny in California!

CAT - How are you? Don't let that husband of yours get you down - you deserve better.

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 05:27 PM   #36  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Amanda, WELL DONE!! I hope this has lifted your spirits a little you sound so much happier in your post I know what depression is like i've only taken anti-depressants once in my life and hated them I went to the quacks to get some tranq's to get me through the flight back home and he said he detected some underlying condition and asked me if i was depressed and i ended up bursting into tears so he prescribed both! I was like a zombie going through customs and promptly lost my return ticket before i'd even left the country!! I quit taking them as soon as i got to England cuz i knew i did'nt need them i'd left behind the person that was causing my depression and was with people that i love and who love me and we had a wonderful time together. Pity I had to come back Don't worry i won't let my hubby get me down in fact i have'nt seen him since Sunday i have'nt cooked any meals for him and i feel great i always said that all he wanted was a cook and cleaner so i've quit being both i'm in effect "on strike" and loving it I think you'll do great with 1500cals a day although like Julie said you can afford to go higher then drop more as you go

Julie, the Junior Mint one is the one for me any clue as to how many cals in it?

Carri, it was'nt too bad then

Bonni, I'm sure the sun will reappear soon its sunny here although very windy.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 06:10 PM   #37  

Amanda
Julie
Carri
Me

LBS DOWN FOR AMANDA:

Boy, what a nutty day today was. I only was in this house 1/2 hour all day. Spent $25 to get my car cleaned up and then it RAINED this afternoon even though the stupid weatherman said no rain for a week! Ought to go down to that tv station and take the money from him for my wash and wax etc.!

I ate ugly today! Not overate just icky no good stuff. I did get an hour in at the pool and tomorrow I am at the house all day.

Oh, my wrist is a lot better. I twisted it and had a mild sprain (same stupid arm btw) I am an accident waiting to happen lately I guess!

sounds like everyone had a good 4th. Need to go, Jack is yelling at the printer in his office so I better go and see what is wrong!

Faye
Old 07-08-2004, 01:20 AM   #38  

Hi y'all, remember me? its only been a week and a half since I last posted I think but it seems like forever. I'm in kind of a bad place. I'm doing fine emotionally I think, I've just lost all pretences of control. I have a serious problem and I don't know how to fix it. I was flipping through channels yesterday and there was some lady on oprah going on about alcoholism. She talked about how people with drinking problems make up rules for themselves when healthy individuals wouldn't even be thinking about drinks...wouldn't even cross their mind. I related all too well, only with food, not drink. I'll be sitting around a table...or somewhere where there is a snack bowl or something and wonder what someone will think if I take another cookie...or whatever. Will they notice? Will they think I'm a pig? I'll only take another if someone else takes another. I've snuck food. My name is Susan and I have a food addiction. I'm sure a lot of you can relate...which is why its so good to have this site...but I'm right in the thick of it right now...I keep telling myself that I can do this....and then I can't do it. I eat and scrounge till I'm full and bloated, I'm not hungry when I start and I feel almost sick afterward, which is how I feel right now...stuffed. I had a big desert and went back and picked at it when no one was around. I've thought for a long time why on earth my brain won't let me get less than 185 and I have no idea. I want it more than anything. I'm not scared of anything being different when I'm 40-50 lbs lighter so why is it not happening? Thank you all for letting me vent. I hope you are all doing well. Sorry I have not been able to catch up, one problem is that the site stopped sending me notifications...excuses, excuses....
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 04:43 AM   #39  

Default Hi Chickies!

Just checking in. It seems like an eternity since my last post. It is 4 in the a.m. and I have been catching up with you for 30 min.! Well, my high school reunion was a blast. As I predicted - I looked marvulous! I got warm hugs from the women and hugs (and kisses) from all the men. Whooohoo! Everyone recognized me and said I hadn't changed (except I knew there was so much more of me to love - big sexy beast ) and I thanked God and my mom for great genes because my face was holding better than most of my classmates.

Other than that I had a pigout weekend and no exercise! I am sure I have gained 10 lbs. My mom came back to visit for a few days before returning to Houston. I love having her but as soon as she is gone - I will have to get back to some serious work. I am very concerned about the setback but I know if it's to be - it's up to me!

Scuzin - Hi my name is Cathy and I am a foodaholic!
Amanda - You Go Girl!
Jayme - I empathize. Been there with current hubby - spent time in Germany with job and has had an "indiscretion." But so had I - only my lie had to do with money. Regardless, where the source of mistrust is - I had to face up to the fact that if there is no integrity - a lack of honesty and communication between you - you don't really have a marriage anyway. I hear you when you say you have really tried. But if you both can't be honest about who you are not only for yourselves but for each other - what is there to salvage, work for, or even put up with? I am not saying leave your husband, but be clear about what you want, what you can and cannot do and still feel good about yourself, him, your kids, and your relationship. And remember, you can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results. I will keep you in my prayers that you will recieve wisdom and truth to go forward.

Hi to everyone - keep up the great work. Your postings are my lifeline and give me hope.

mscat816

"A fool will lose tomorrow, looking back on what happened yesterday." Live for the moment - It is the only thing you can change and the only time that is guaranteed.
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:54 AM   #40  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so make time for yourself today.

Susan: There is no better time than today to stop hating yourself, despising what you have become and this is a great day to start loving yourself enough to change. Just because you don't have over 100 lbs to lose like I still do, doesn't mean that 50 lbs is any easier to deal with. Binging is a big part of trouble for most overweight women and it not a simple thing to quit. It involves a lot of issues mostly ones that you don't tell anyone about. You must first address these, why am I really eating when I am not hungry, how do I really feel about myself am I eating because I am bored, tired, mad, sad, hurt, whatever. Now take the tools you need to change the behaviour with a good one. If you are bored, find something interesting or challenging to replace it with, if you have issues in your life FACED THEM don't run from them. If you can't confront the person they involve, do what I did, write down every last word you would say to them. Use whatever language you want to get rid of the anger or pain, then when it is all out, burn up the paper and the feelings along with it. we love you here honey and you NEED to be with people that can help you through this but first and foremost, DO YOU WANT IT MORE THAN YOU WANT TO STAY FAT???????? I am here for you and by e-mail too if you need to talk!

Faye
Old 07-08-2004, 08:47 AM   #41  

Morning Friends!

4 points for yesterday! I started adding a little carb back into the ole menu yesterday.....just had like a 1/2 serving of pasta (ok, actually I picked pasta out of the pasta salad as the hot dogs were cooking! ) My body is definitely changing shape........I think I need to just throw away my scale It's so tempting to get on it everymorning thinking "maybe today is the day......maybe I lost 5 pounds during the night" I have lost a pound or two this week, but I'll wait until tomorrow for the official tally. SO, I guess I shouldn't whine so much.

The junior mints shake only has calories from the milk.......so if you use 1 cup of skim milk, that's what? 90 cals......plus about 20 for the cocoa powder. The mint extract, splenda and ice have no calories at all. I load up the ice so I get ALOT of shake for my 1 cup of milk. Mine usually fill like 3/4 of the blender! Of course, I always have to share with the kids. If the ice makes it too hard for the blender to blend, just add a little water.

So, all those shakes have less than 150 calories, EXCEPT the peanut butter one.......that one probably has more like 250 cuz I like alot of p.b.

Susan--I know where you're coming from. I think we all do! Faye is right, you need to find what it is that's making you eat when you don't want to and deal with it. Are you still living with your friends? It must be hard to diet when you live with friends who aren't......you can't "purge" the kitchen. Take one day at a time......you'll figure it out!

MSCat--Welcome back, glad you had a great reunion!

Amanda--WOOOHOOOOO on your 3 pounds!!!!!! You ROCK You sound much more positive today....hope the blues are gone for a while (I know they never go away for good). I only have a few pairs of bluejeans left from high school.......just because I always wanted to fit back into them. They are hopelessly out of date, and I doubt I'll wear them in public........but still, I want to know I CAN fit into them. and Carrie, I NEVER wore a size 4/5 (except maybe when I WAS 4 or 5 ) My high school jeans are 10/12s.....the pair I zipped up were more in the 12 range, which is my next size down anyway.

Bonni--hope the sun comes out soon........I know what you mean about needing sunlight for energy and vitality! If you are still here this winter, you'll hear more whining about lack of sun here in Maine! It gets dark around 4 pm!!!!

Well, gotta go out for the day.......everyone stay

Later babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:29 AM   #42  
It is what it is...

Morning All .... I did not get any points yesterday, my TOM is making me want to eat everything in sight...I think I may have actually ate my weight in american cheese, it was soooo good last night...I think I did have like 8 slices...I couldnt stop...then I had a big bowl of popcorn with REAL BUTTER melted on top!!! Stop me Girls!!!!

Susan - I am the official Queen of the Binge I know exactly what you mean, you are not hungry in fact you feel sick to your stomach over how much you are eating but you cannot stop yourself, it is like you cannot feel the food void...I know how it is and even though I have lost 40 pounds I still do it once in a while - in fact that is what I was doing last night with all of the cheese and the popcorn, and whatever else I got my hands on...it makes me sick that I do it occasionally but it is nothing like I used to do it, you can get control of it but I know it is hard - we are here if you need us

Julie - I am sure with all of the diet changes you have made lately that you will see a loss... I cant wait !!!

Faye - Glad to hear that your wrist is feeling better, you are bound to have some GOOD luck soon !!!

Amanda - CONGRATS on the 3 pounds, that is so great!!!!!

Jaymi, MsCat, Nefertiti, Cathy and anyone I missed, have a good one!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:53 PM   #43  

Good Morning
Thank you all so much for the encouraging words. I appriciate them so much. I've realized that one big problem is assuming that "everything will be better when...." So I end up putting off trying to watch what I eat. Everything will be better when I'm on the camping trip...so while I'm on it I eat everything in sight. Everything will be better when I move into my apartment...If I'm not serious about it now....a change of location ain't gonna do :consored: So I'm officially on "detox". I want to rid my body of the last few weeks of terrible food and get water back into my daily rutine. I'll concentrate on that then slowly work exercise back in.

In other news I'll be moving into my appartment at the VERY least by the 18th...I start class on the 19th. I would be there NOW except I can't take my car yet because well...I don't own it yet. My brother gave it to me in march when he bought a new one, but couldn't find the title to it...and has done very little about it since. I'm rather pissed. Otherwise the summer is going pretty well. I'm planning another road trip adventure (this time with friends not family) and I *raises right hand* promise not to go nuts and eat everything in sight just because i'm on vacation.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:58 PM   #44  
Nefertiti

Talking

Guess what's back, Mr. Sun - yeah! At least partly today. He was sleeping in this morning.

I earned 4 points for me yesterday - woo hoo! You guys are probably going to laugh at me, but I finally (after a year or so) read the instructions on my pilates kit. Its got a 20 minute routine and a 57 minute one. Well, in addition to my gym workouts, and other cardio and tapes, I've been doing the hour long one about 4-5 times a week. I feel so good when I'm done. Silly me, I was supposed to have been doing the 20 minute one every day, and the hour long one only 3 times a week.

No wonder I feel like I'm always working out, lol. So I'm changing my workout plan slightly, to prevent injuries. I'm going to do my weight workouts 3 times a week, and the hour long pilates on the opposing days. The days I don't do the hour long pilates, I think I'm going to do the 20 minute pilates workout. the stretching and breathing exercises feel so good, and definitely relax me enough to get a decent night's sleep. I'm an insomniac, so if it helps, I'll do it.

Ok, so I'm trying to focus and read everyone's entries, I will try to respond to everyone, but I'm in "blonde mode" today and have totally flaked a number of times. And before anyone gets offended - I'm a natural blonde, very intelligent, but there's just somedays that nothing clicks the right way; and I don't think it has anything to do with my hair, mostly my personality, but its easier to blame it on the hair, hehe.

Scuzin: hugs! You'll get through this. Like Faye said, we're all here for you.

MsCat: sounds like you had a fabulous time at your reunion - I'm so glad. Isn't it wonderful for your ego to see all the high school "beautiful" people come back and not have been so lucky with keeping their youthful appearance. The same thing happened to me, at a time when I really needed an ego boost. Did I ever get one that day

Mirabelly: Maybe we should have a scale burning session? My clothes say one thing, my scale another. I was thinking that I should stop paying attention to the stupid scale, and start paying attention to my closet

Amanda: Congrats on losing three pounds - you go girl

Hugs to everyone else - Yeah - tomorrow's Friday
nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 05:00 PM   #45  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

I'm trying to get back on the exercise wagon and i'm doing pretty well I walked 4mls on Monday and Wednesday and 5.25mls this morning only clocked up 24.75 treadmill miles last month I intend to beat that this month

MsCat, Meowww we don't have reunions in England so i've never been to one but it is funny when you see someone years later and they have'nt fared as well as you have I had a crush on a really goodlooking arrogant boy and he was awful to me I saw him years later and he was bald and looked old and I looked fabulous too the look on his face was as they say PRICELESS

Susan You can do it!
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote