Old 07-05-2004, 10:17 AM   #16  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning everyone. Well, My bathroom came out beautiful!!! I love it. Now I am going to paint 2 walls in my bedroom the same color and make a swag out of the border to go over my bed and doorways.

The fireworks SUCKED last night. Someone made a big donation to Greenville and made them buy bigger shells which meant they couldnt light them off the barge in the lake like they usually do so they moved them and noone could see them!!! We were sitting at the top of the hill looking at the lake along with hundreds of other people and then we saw flashes from behind a bunch of trees(far away from the lake). There is no way anyone in town could have seen them. We left early along with most others.

I am going to cook my salmon for supper tonight. I found a marinade recipe on the internet for ginger,garlic,soy sauce,orange juice and honey. Is that what you use Julie?

Kempy, I am glad you had a great party.Jay found the bear. I thought he was cute. I wanted to find a flag for your garden with labs on it but I couldnt.Your dinner sounds so good.

Noelle, Our gas prices just dropped down to $1.91 for regular. How was your BBQ?
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 11:57 AM   #17  

Angie we didn't even see any fireworks this year. We were so lazt yesterday we didn't move from in front of the tv. We finally started to stir around 6 last night. Thankfully we had cleaned the kitchen from the party Saturday night at about 3 in the morning so we didn't have to worry about doing that. The fireworks in Pensacola were the best to me. But, this morning on the news they said the Baton Rouge had the biggest show in the state and it lastest 21 mins. I wish I would have been able to see that show. I feel like a little kid when I watch them. I have a permenent smile on my face. Last year Joe made me sit on his lap b/c he said that I was just so cute sitting next to him with that grin and big eyes.

I am trying my hardest to gfet out of here early today. I am hopign that people will not show up to workout after lunch so I can bolt out of the door. So far only one person has come in in the past 45 mins. If they keep this up I will be out in no time.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 12:15 PM   #18  

good morning

Angie yup that sounds like the marinade, but I use fresh lemon jc. but the o.j. sounds great too. I hope you like it. The othe stuff is the same exact things I use for the marinade. Angie now you got me thinking of painting. I have one bathroom in my house I would like to paint a bright color. I am glad yours turned out for you. Thats a bummer your fireworks sucked. Our were good.

Noelle sorry I forgot to answer your question the average price of regular here is $1.88. I hope you enjoyed your bbq! I am sure the food was wonderful as always.

Kempy those desserts are making my mouth water. I am glad you had fun at the party. I wish I was there!!

Well check in later girls, going to put fresh sheets on the bed, fun fun ....Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 06:42 PM   #19  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

okay, I am not a salmon person. YUCK! It was so....fishy.

We got our backyard filled in today so that it is all level. Now our neighbors have a huge bank staring at their backyard but oh well. At least I can use mine now. The yard looks huge now.

It has rained most of the day and it is just plain gloomy looking. I hate it. I ate a nobake cookie today and I have fudge. I am sad to say that I am scared that I wont be able to make myself lose the weight again. I dont ant to be fat but I cant seem to get up the gumption(?) to stick with a diet. I am actually craving a binge. I feel like a drug addict. I dont know if I can do it again. I dont know if I want to have to continue to do this for the rest of my life. It would be so much easier to stay fat and lazy then to ride the rollercoaster of gaining and losing and the emotions and lack of self respect that come with it.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:29 PM   #20  

Angie sorry you did not like the fish. I have to make this shoRT BECause my computer is acting up as you can see. It keeps posting in caps. Angie don't give up. We all have our down days. Just keep that in mind. You WIll get back on track. Well the keyboard here is not working right. I have to go get hus. Hugs Angie. You will make it. Just take it day by day. Thinking of you....Julie
Old 07-06-2004, 09:49 AM   #21  

Hey ladies! Can I rejoin the group ? I have been really bad both diet and exercise wise.

This summer is going to test my patience! We have 3 kids of our own (4 1/2, 7 1/2 and almost 3), the oldest has ADHD. Plus I am watching a bro/sis combo who are 9 and 11, and the 9 yr old has ADHD as well. Today I started watching a 4 1/2 yr old and 5 month old (brothers) as well. So....all total, I am watching 7 children from 7 am- 5:30 pm M-F for the summer. WHEW, lol. God help me!!

Happy belated birthday to Kempy and Angie .

I am ONCE AGAIN trying to restart my diet and exercise program. So far today, I have walked 4 miles, and eaten 1 low carb slim fast bar and 2 sugar free butterscotch discs.

Ok, need to get back to the kiddies. I'll try to check in later.

Holly
chikitababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 11:55 AM   #22  

Hey, where is eveyone today. We were doing so good yesterday.

Holly, so good to see you back. Wow, 7 kids. I can't even imagine 1. I havn't been that good this summer either. I tired to set a goal of 3 lbs for my b-day but it didn't happen. Oh, well.

Angie I know you can do it again. It is really hard to get started and I go through what you are going through eveyday too. I bet the book you got will help you once you start to read about nutrition. I have been fortunate to have taken a few courses in college on it so I have a little bit of a base on it. Plus, I read every book I can get my hands on.

Julie is your puter fixed?

Noelle how was your day off? I ws stuck here but I did manage to leave an hour early. This time of the year is really bad in the gym. No one wants to comein plus most people are on vacation.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:59 PM   #23  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, how's everyone doing today? Yesterday we were hanging around the house complaining about the humidity when we decided we would go out and play tourist in our own backyard. We went to visit the Mighty Mo (USS Missouri) Navy battleship at Pearl Harbor. I had never gone to see it before and my dad is a retired navy man so he was all gung ho to go and see it. It was really interesting and kind of unnerving. The ship is right next to the Arizona Memorial and when you listen to the tour guide talk about the war and the casualties, it just gave me chills. You can just feel the history there. I'm glad I went. We also got wrangled to take a few photos (which you can buy afterward) and while they came out pretty good, I can see the results of my non-dieting efforts **eeeewwww** . So that was a good thing I think because today I have new mindset and will try to get back into the groove. I have that pic to look at for motivation

Holly welcome back. You know you can always come back here. Wow, are you watching the extra kiddos for pay? I forgot if you were the one doing childcare. At least some of the older ones can entertain themselves while you tend to the wee one. I give you credit girl, for taking them all on + making the time to exercise. We all have to restart once in a while, the main thing is to never stop trying right?

Angie, hang in there. I have felt those same things as you are feeling now, in fact I'm feeling them now. You can get the groove back and you will. We all have the tools to do it, we just need to use them. Hmmm, I will try and think of a fish you can try that does not taste like fish (just kidding)

Kempy, glad you enjoyed your b-day celebration and the cake. All sounded great. Do you know what I envy about you? Working in a gym and knowing how to use the weight equipment. We have this Weider(?) system at home and I have no clue whatsoever how to make it work. It has 3 or 4 different functions and I don't know how to move the locking pins around to use them...Rick's not in the groove either so it's collecting dust right now.

Julie, hope your computer is back to normal soon, maybe something stuck under the keys of the keyboard? My space bar is stuck on the right side so occasionally all my wordsruntogether Hope your day is a happy one.

Summer and Cal enjoy your vacations!

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 07-06-2004 at 03:04 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:49 PM   #24  

Good Afternoon girls

Noelle that tour sounds really interesting. I love to hear about history. I would have like to have gone with. I have been looking at pictures of myself a year and half ago and think I never ever want to get at my highest again. Its true pictures don't lie. I am having really bad cravings though today. I feel like opening up a bag of chips and having a candy bar! Bad Julie!

Holly welcome back. Did you leave your other job as a P.T. assistant? I give you credit though for in home day care. My two are enough work for me. How are those low carb slim fast bars? Any fiber in them? I was thinking about trying them.

Angie are the kids still gone? Hope you did not work to hard this weekend. But it must have been busy with the holiday and all.

Kempy I told my hus we should just buy a new computer. I don't know whats wrong one month its fine the next it acts up. Must get my pms and TOM !!

Well I think Monday is mexican tonight. Maybe tacos or bean enchiladas. I would like to use the oven because it is cold here today and damp and raining. Kind of tired today I took a headache reliever with caffeine in it to late last night so I was up until 1:30 and dd got up at 5:32. I just love these days . Hope to see more posts from everyone!
Old 07-06-2004, 03:53 PM   #25  

Btw I baked a batch of homemade from scratch white chocolate chunk cookies and did not have one yet!!
Old 07-06-2004, 04:59 PM   #26  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I am sorry I didnt post yet today. I got up this morning and started to paint my walls. I am doing the one behind my bed and one side wall. It is a dark plum color(the same one as my bathroom) It is dark but it looks nice. Then my parents stopped in and then I was late for work so I didnt have time to post. I still have one more coat of paint and then I am cutting the roses out of the leftover border from the bathroom to make a swag for the wall.

Brit went with my parents today,Alicia is at a friends house and Corey is at the bakery so hopefully noone comes home for the night.

Kempy, My book came today. It looks like it has some good recipes in it that I will have to try. Thank you.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:00 PM   #27  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, You have the willpower of superwoman!!!! Dont you know that verything tastes better when it is warm? That is why I eat so many honeybuns. I dont even like them cold. haha
Old 07-06-2004, 05:11 PM   #28  

Angie, honey yes I have lost alot of weight but, I don't have willpower in other areas of my life. Do you know what I actually did with the cookies, cooled them and froze them in ziplock bags, so they can be for hubby's work or dd's sweet tooth. I know everything taste best out of the oven, yesterday I took the first pan out and it was not cooled enough to be taken off the pan and it was warm, sticky, sweet and one good goey cookie but I offered the broken ones to hus. btw your decorating sounds beautiful! I love plum color.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:36 PM   #29  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

<--- Julie that's you with your just say no to cookies willpower. That's awesome. That's a great strategy about freezing them into serving sizes for others to eat.

Angie, you must be a busy bee with all your painting and decorating. I bet it turns out really nice. Didn't you do the border in the living room not too long ago? Heck, I feel accomplished when I scrub the bathroom down much less tackle the painting and stuff

Well, I just got back from lunch and I'm still on track . I have a bunch of laundry to do or Rick will have to go naked soon, but maybe I'll throw a couple of loads in then go for a walk with my sis *gasp*, did I just say that? My legs are feeling a little worked up--you should've seen how many narrow steps we climbed up and down on on that battleship yesterday. That was a good thing. I hear they say muscle has memory--I'm hoping my legs remember how to walk up those hills and don't complain too much.

Have a good afternoon.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:15 PM   #30  

Now this is more like it. I like to see all of these posts.

I didn't eat very good today. I had 2 pieces of leftover pizza for lunch and 2 for dinner. But, I did take the dogs for a walk and gave them both a really good bath so that had to burn something. Plus, I need to do some straightening around the house. We are going to see the Blue Angels this weekend and I like to come home to a clean house.

Noelle one of my clients just came back form HI and she went to see the same place. She said the same thing as you. Do you have a manual or somehting for your machine? They really arn't that hard to learn. it just takes getting used to the diffrent positions.

Julei do you have any b4 and after pics? I would love to have some inspiration. I can't seem to keep my mouth closed when it comes to food. I don't think the frozen cookies would work with me. I would eat them anyway. i have no willpower when it comes to sweets.

Angie you can come down and finish my bathroom for me. I still need to paint the toilet room in the master bath. I just got tired of doing it.