Old 07-01-2004, 08:28 AM   #16  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies, It's July!!!

Susan - you first, sweetie. I am so sorry this is happening to you, hon. You want me to come and kick Les's butt???? Go ahead and get real mad - it's good for you to get it out of your system. Then when you get it all out, stop and think that at least he told you now instead of when she delivers the baby. Yes, it would have been nice to know about this 4 weeks ago, but sometimes life sux and there's no getting around it. And about the job, the "up" side is at least you know the company is thinking of you in a managerial light... something else will come along sooner or later. Anyway, sweetie, chin up and go get some Chunky Monkey, okay? Make it a double....

Jen - the full moon really does mess people up sometimes, doesn't it? I didn't need to know more ways to enjoy Doritos, lol. But strangely, I don't crave them anymore.... must be all the crunch of the Cheerios, lol.

Angie - I would have never in a million years thought of vacationing in Cuba.. I bet it's beautiful, though. How do you come up with these ideas???

Cristi - not sure I answered you about plans for the 4th, but my fam will be here and we will eat and then do fireworks. There is a HUGE parade in town, and the kids will be taking the grandkids to that earlier in the day, while I take a nap. We're having rotisserie chicken with side dishes. What are your plans?

Gotta go do my shopping today and here it is July 1st. Yikes, the store will be crowded. I was too tired to exercise yesterday evening, so I just skipped it, but at least I've been OP all week.

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:41 AM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Quickly posting this morning....I have to be at OML by 9:30 this morning...(why didn't I agree to do an afternoon meeting????) I wanted coffee but decided against it thinking, that will make me soooo shaky!! So NO COFFEE!!

Wish me luck!!

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:15 AM   #18  

Good morning! I just thought that I'd check in before I go to work today. I have to work a little late today because of an inservice I'm doing with my employees, so I'm going in late. I did enough 10-12 hr days last week!

Susan - What a turd that less (not a typo) is. Like Jana said, at least he's telling you his line of bull now, not when he whips out the ultrasound pics. He wants closure? I'm pretty sure he's not going to find it in her pants! He didn't know he still had those feeling for her? What a line. Get it out of your system and move on.

Angie - I didn't read that article in the First mag. I'll go back to it. I did read in my Health mag, that low carb dieters lost an avg of 20 lbs in 12 weeks, and low-fat dieters lost an avg of 17. The big difference is the low-carbers each had 25,200 more calories over the 12 weeks!

Jana - You are so good about sticking to the plan. What type of plan do you follow? I love grocery shopping. Does that make me a weirdo? It's like a game, how many much food can I get for the least amt of calories?!

I have no major plans for the 4th. I'm sure I'll find some fireworks around here, and maybe cook out on the grill. Last I heard it's supposed to rain Sat, Sun, and Monday. Oh well.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:38 AM   #19  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up

Good Morning Ladies~

A new month is upon us-a time for new beginnings, for me anyway. I've made some weight loss goals for myself, as well as some other goals. Going to work at making them happen.

Anyway...just wanted to post a quickie and say Hi to everyone! I will try to post more later, a busy day today.

Have a good day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:57 PM   #20  

Good morning ladies

I'm back home. The typing test was pretty simple. No interview with it....they wanted to view skills first I guess. The typing test consisted of two 3-min. test.
The first one I managed to type 56wpm w/5 errors. The second one I typed 57wpm w/8 errors!! Eight errors!! Can you believe that? I was not too happy with that...but was proud of the amount I typed. My resume says that I can type 45-50wpm.....so I exceeded that.

Anyway....I have some straightening up to do before I pick Jhanai up tonight. I have her through Monday this weekend. Been extending her visits!! Love having her over during the holidays....she makes me feel like a kid!!

I best be off....

You all take care
Marti
Old 07-01-2004, 04:30 PM   #21  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Thats still good MArti about the typing,,,I had to do a typing test once and got 47 wpm and felt good about that.
I choose Cuba cause its got cleaner beaches then Mexico,,,and the same price if not cheaper.
And Hawaii is outragous for prices...
Well I had to work this morning but work was so slow most of us got to go home early,,,I came home starving which is never a good thing,,,ate soem Doritos...kiding..lol had a chimichanga..won't even look at the fat content.
well going to go veg out...relax
ttfn
Ang
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 04:39 PM   #22  

Hello again--

I thought I would pop in for a quick visit while James is in the shower. I should go peek in there shouldn't I?

Angie--I never thought of Cuba.....I should look online to see their beaches. Nothing like CLEAN beaches. I really like the beaches were no dogs are allowed. Now don't get me wrong...dogs are great...but some owners don't like to clean up after them!! I really want to go on a memorable vacation/honeymoon with James....we've spoke of many places but haven't seriously done anything about it. I don't think we'll do anything like that until after I get a job and then I can plan for my first vacation. (nothing like planning ahead!!)

I told James that I wanted to go to Portland some weekend and find Hooters and get me a Hooters T-shirt...just for the fun of it!! Of coarse, if I wore it, I think my belly would exceed the "hooters" and that wouldn't look too attractive!

Oh hey...I forgot to take a photo of the shed....I'll go do that now, then post them.....

So, I'll be back!

Marti
Old 07-01-2004, 06:08 PM   #23  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon-

You guys are so sweet, thanks!!!

I bought myself a bouquet of sunflowers for the office. I will go tonight and get my Chunky Monkey Ma (aka Jana.....lol) and what else?? Thanking God because he is so wonderful.
Didn't even bat an eye when Les was saying all that last night. Didn't feel sorry for him one bit -- didn't have the urge to say " omg- of course we can still be friends!! This is really great Les, becasue if she is pregnant ((((btw- how can you be "maybe is , maybe not pregnant???lol......he said the first test was positive and the 2nd was cloudy......whatEVER))))) ......I can give her a baby shower!!!"

Anyway, a new day!!!!! I am doing pretty good. Gabster was a challenge this morning and I did have a friend call from Texas and give a wake up call.Am I 2 hours behind them?? They always wake me up.....lol-

Thinking I will let Gabster's dad take her to the beach on Saturday morning and I will take the girls Sunday and get a motel for the night. Pick Gaby up 4th of July and go to Warrenton and see their parade. The parade always use to always go in front of our house. Rachel and Rebecca loved it as little girls .Afterward barge our way into a bar b q somewhere,,,,,lol- see some old friends and enjoy all the good things.

Just thought I would pop in better get busy.......

ttfn
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:10 PM   #24  
GmaTo8

Good evening ladies,

Marti - you and I posted within a minute or two yesterday and I just now saw your questions about the Sue Grafton novels. I have them all, and can't wait for the next one to come out. Glad you like them, too. Wow, you did great on the typing test. When will they interview you, or do you know yet?

Cristi - glad you made some goals! Anything you want to share with us? Are you doing a weight loss scrapbook? I love adding pages to mine....

Jen - I do WW at home - it's fairly easy because they allow so many regular points, then give you 35 flex points per week to use as you want. I add 3-4 a day, but never use all of them. Then, they also allow activity points, but I don't use them, either, although I have been exercising almost every day. Since I am older and my metabolism is sluggish, I have to be careful. They want you to have dairy, protein, fruits, veggies, water - basically a well-rounded diet which I really like. I truly love WW. For fun, I try out new recipes all the time. And I don't have to eat anything any different than my family which is a big deal to me.

Angie - Cuba sounds so beautiful the way you describe it. Hope you're having a relaxing night.

Susan - glad to know you are doing okay with Less. He's the one missing out... Your plans for the 4th sound like a lot of fun. Now go get that ice cream....

You guys would be so proud of me... we went to a steak house with the relatives for dinner, and I had a grilled skinless chicken breast, a double order of steamed veggies which were sooooo good and a side salad. I took my own ff dressing, because this particular restaurant has been known to give you regular dressing and say it is ff. They serve warm, crusty, mini loaves of bread with every meal and I passed mine right on down the table...

See you in the AM,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:47 PM   #25  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies~

Another quickie for me. It is storming pretty bad and I need to get off this thing but wanted to say Hi again. I will do individuals tomorrow, sorry.

Have a good evening all.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:48 PM   #26  
kitty Momo

I am talking to my co worker at the moment Jana. We are planning our Ben & Jerry escape tonight. Though I have been munching on peppermint patties all day.

I am doing really good - had some chicken & veggie for lunch myself. Your dinner sounds good, love veggies.

Anyway,real tired today. I did get a surprise email last night from an old, old friend. He asked if he could call and I said sure.....so he did and we talked for 20 minutes, until his phone started beeping.....

Anyway, someday when I am not looking a handsome man will step into my life. He won't have any hidden agenda's except to love me and share his life .

oh, I see pepermint patties are " a low fat food"'........cool........ok, 8pm is ice cream time!!! YAY- double scooper here I come. My co worker says I am the westside counselor....lol, they are so nice to me.......

best get!!!!
ttfn
Old 07-01-2004, 09:52 PM   #27  
kitty Momo

Cristi,

Hi,,,,,,,,,you sound busy. Just miss your posting!!! Hope you are doing ok, take care. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
Old 07-01-2004, 11:12 PM   #28  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

peppermint patties? are what? Those are my fav ...ya can put them in the freezer and they come out soooo yummy....frothing at the mouth right now...
well off to go pick up Brandon,,,
oh something funny,,,any of you moms ever meet someone that made you think you knew them,,,they seemed so familiar? I did yesterday,,,then realized he was an older version of Brandon! This guy was hilarious,,,same hair and everything,,,the way he talked,,,and he talked about his guiatar which is what Brandon talks about all the time too...He just happens to be 15 yrs or so older...lol
and I promised both boys they can keep their long hair for Cuba,,,and get corn rows or braids...then once we are back they have to get everything cut off....they agreed!
well better run before he gets cranky...thank goodness we are like 3 minutes away...problem thou is he can't ride his bike,,,there is no bike trail and the road is dangerous with consruction,,,and I doubt he could move his feet to pedal.
ttfn
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:16 PM   #29  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like everyone is getting ready for the holiday week-end. We don't have any plans, but I am sure we will cook out. I bought burgers/buns/dogs and a watermelon today. I enjoyed roaming around the grocery store and even went to Kohl's and bought a new outfit for church. Just needed a "pick-me-up."
I wanted to thank you all for the nice wishes and prayers for my dad. They will not start the radiation for a month so he can get some strength back from the surgery. He is depressed, but that is probably very normal.
Went to visit my BIL today and he is improving, so I feel better about his health. It just seems that when it rains in pours, doesn't it?
Tomorrow I must finish up the washing and ironing from our trip and try to get my house in order. I never did get to that Spring cleaning........oh well.

suetalks
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:19 PM   #30  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

By the way, if any of you readers want to really laugh at a book...just a funny, feel good novel, try Bet Me by Jennifer Cruisie. I have read several of her books and they can always get me smiling. AND they are pretty quick reads.

Sue....
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote