Old 06-27-2004, 11:30 PM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking Stay At Home Moms #203

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 11:54 PM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Talking Good Night Ladies

Hi!

I have been up cleaning out my van, packing all the stuff, and getting everything ready for tomorrow. I am exciting but also exhausted already...... LOL

Ok who's first....
hmmm

Spryng,
I say GO FOR THE TRIP w/ dh! I know you are going to miss the kids so much but like you said this is a once in a lifetime event, right? You need to get out with dh and enjoy yourself!
Glad you are had a great time with your cousin!

Cindi,
Red Lobster, yum! Are you back on track now? Sure hope so Let us know about the gym!

Leigh,
I think it is ok to have what you want sometimes. We work so hard sometimes we need a little break You are doing great!

Lisa,
Sorry about your grandparent. I will keep you in my prayers.

Ginny,
Thanks so much for the article!!!

Di,
Hope you and Steve are having a great time. I have never heard of The Magdelene Sisters. I don't watch too many movies but thanks for the info on it! Oh and thanks for the compliments... blush blush. You can't really see my face on the avator thingy, but if you click on me it will show you another pic.

Geri,
I just wanted to say congrats to you. I was reading on the TOPS bio thread. When you posted your bio, your weight was higher. It is just nice to look back and reflect on how well you have done! Congrats!

Leigh,
Congrats on the workout clothes! Ok that is your treat for getting into the 150s!

Michelle,
Call me stupid but how is a half pound from 220 .... 219.4? I'm confused but slow..... LOL Either way! CONGRATS !!! You are in a new set of numbers! You are getting so close to the other side!!!! Awesome Awesome Have a restfull night!

Nikki,
Remodeling eh? Sometimes that is not fun! But the outcome is great! How are you doing with your plan? Thanks for posting!

Awww Ricci,
We love yoU! And believe me, I haven't been on plan lately! You need to post whether you are doing good or bad. You need the support either way! Sorry the kiddos are sick! Sending some good vibes your way!

Well Ladies! Have a wonderful night! If I don't get a chance to post tomorrow, I will see ya'll Wednesday!
Old 06-27-2004, 11:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

lol penny!!! It is actually .6 lb lol but I felt stupid so I just put .5 lol.
Yeah yeah I'm a dork!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:15 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

You're a dork??? I'm the dork for thinking about it..... LOL

WELL CONGRATS ON THE .6 LBS!!!
Old 06-28-2004, 07:42 AM   #5  
Walking away the weight

Default Monday Monday . . .

Good day, all! Well, it's back to our normal walking schedule for us now that all the guests are gone and our neighbor is back in town. The only other thing I have to do today is go to the grocery store. I hate going to the grocery store I peeked at the scale and am still 159 I'm relieved.

Nikki - renovating the house sounds like fun. We're in desperate need of built-in shelving/storage, but are saving up money first. What kind of doggie did you get? I love puppies. We have a mini-dachshund (that means he stays the size of most puppies forever )

Di- I'm sorry you can't be with your family for Pake's funeral. I'm positive he understands, though and feels your love and thoughts of him. Yes, I bet next week you'll show a greater loss - that will be exciting. Hope you have fun with DH being there We do Netflix too and love it.

Spryng- I'm glad you're becoming so close with your cousin! After all those guests, our house is slowly getting back in shape, but also needs serious care - so I know what you mean As for Fergie - I know I read something where she said when she eats out, if there's nothing healthy on the menu, she asks for something to be prepared in a specific way. Other than asking for no cheese, sauce, dressing on the side, etc. I've never thought of doing that really, but I guess why not?

Ricci - hey, don't be embarassed about a plateau - that's perfectly normal in weight loss (I'm sure Spryng can help you with that!). Have you tried changing around your exercise routine? I've heard that can help with a plateau. But don't be scared to post - we're all here to help each other and we all have stumbling blocks. Hope the kiddies feel better soon.

Penny- I'm glad you started a new thread Yes, the workout clothes can be my 50's reward, but no more shopping for me this month I've gone a little crazy the past couple of weeks - it's hard when my mother's here she's a big shopper. Hope you have a wonderful time - can't wait to hear all the details.

Okay, I'm going to check on the weather - it looks like it might rain during our walk . . . wait, is that the sun I now see???? TTYL.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:41 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Smile I'm Back!!!

Good morning ladies. I'm back from my trip. Actually we got back home yesterday around 530, but I'm just now checking in. I wasn't feeling good last night so I didn't get on the net.
Well, I know you all want to know almost everything. I'm not feeling great this morning, still queazy and I've got a ton of things to do. So I will briefly tell you about some of it and then you all can ask anything you want.
First of all the cabin was great. Everything it was suppose to be. Just as the brochure showed it. I would go back there anytime. I would love to take my kids there. It was fully equipped so if I took my own food to cook we wouldn't have to leave the cabin.
Hot Springs is beautiful. The scenery is great. Now that I've been to Hot Springs, it's not a big deal to go back. I mean the main thing they've got going for them is Lake Hamilton. It is a beautiful lake but there is also a ton of them between here and there, huh? Anyways, we had alot of fun. Saturday night, we had dinner and the riverboat and they had fireworks on the lake. It was dark because we didn't leave the dock until 830 and ate dinner at almost 1000pm, but nonetheless, it was beautiful.
My mom said the kids were great and I did miss them, but I did good without them I think. I was sure glad to see them. I don't think I would have handled more than a couple of days, however. I was glad to be home. But the trip was exactly what it was suppose to be...rest and relaxation. Although we were busy the whole time, we weren't go go go, you know what I mean? Anyways, it was alot of fun.
Well, I did read through the posts, but I'm not even going to attempt getting personal.
So HI to Spryng, Ginny, Geri, Cindi, Penny, Melinda, Lisa, Nikki, Di, Leigh and I hope I didn't miss anyone, but if I did I'm sorry and Hi to you too. I'll check in later.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Boy I feel like I've been so busy already today, but not really, LOL. I did get all my bills wrote out and in the mail and balanced my checkbook and talk to dh, lol. So I did get some important stuff done. What is everyone up to today? Me? I'm going to have to go grocery shopping here in a sec and then I'll come home and clean some. Not sure what will be for dinner tonight. Maybe that mexican lasagna, sounds pretty good. What are you all having?

Crystal, so glad you had a nice relaxing trip! Cabins is something my dh has always wanted to do. So was the alone time just what you and your dh needed? Hope you get to feeling better today.

Leigh, your neighbor moved back?? Hope you enjoy your walk!

Ricci, I agree with leigh, don't feel bad about not posting because of a plateau. I was stuck on mine for 8 weeks remember? and I still run my mouth here daily, LOL. Hope your kids get to feeling better soon.

Penny, I guess I missed it, what are you packing your stuff up for tomorrow? Are you having a sale too?

Well, I guess I should get off here and get something done. Like my groceries, lol. We have no bread, etc so I've put it off long enough. I'll be back later!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:00 PM   #8  
Walking away the weight

Hi! Spryng - I'm back on menu mailer, so tonight will be blackened Salmon Po' Boy sandwhiches. Sounds yummy - I'll let you know how it is. I am waiting for Liam to wake from his nap so we can go to the store. My neighbor hasn't moved yet - she will by the end of July Hope the kids do well in the store for you

Welcome home, Crystal - it sounds like you had a wonderful time, which is great. Grandparents seem to always say the kids are "perfect." They say that about Liam, too Hope you feel bettter as the day progresses.

Lunch for me will be a Boca Burger and baked chips. TTYL!
Old 06-28-2004, 12:13 PM   #9  

Hi Ladies!
Just as I suspected no loss, but no gain so that's what I'll focus on for now and hopefully next week I'll lose like 3 pounds. Fingers crossed, I feel TOM calling around for the visit, but he hasn't actually arrived on my door step. To me that's the worst time. Oh well, what's a lady to do?

Crystal, sounds like you had a lot of fun at the cabin, sounds perfect. Were your kids overjoyed to see you again? Glad you got to relax a bit.

Hi to everyone else, sorry I don't have time to get to personal, but I'm starving and need to eat something asap.

Ta for now,
Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 02:18 PM   #10  
Walking away the weight

Di - I'm glad you maintained your weight and I know you'll have a loss next week

Had a fairly good shop. Liam was getting to his breaking point by the end, during the frozen foods, so I forgot the boca burgers Instead I had a Lean Cuisine lunch.

TTYL
Old 06-28-2004, 02:39 PM   #11  

Leigh I take it your Lean Cuisine lunch left a lot to be desired as indicated by the sad face next to the sentence? LOL I know what you mean, they don't really fill me up much either.

Hope your dinner is better!
-Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 03:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

I forgot something too at the grocery store... trash bags! I guess I'll have to make do today and go buy some tomorrow. Cold mountain comes out on video tomorrow and I really want to rent it. I did rent Magdalene Sisters today! My video place did have it, but only one copy so that is why I never saw it before, but I have it and will watch it tonight. I also rented the new Val Kilmer movie. The name is escaping me at the moment. But anyway, all my groceries are bought and tonight will definitely be mexican lasagna.

Leigh, so sorry you forgot the boca burgers! I had a lean cuisne for lunch too. One of their asian ones, I felt like I was eating chinese!! I think it will hold me over until dinner. Those salmon po-boy sandwiches sound great! Could I beg for you to email me the recipe??? I'll send you one of mine if you'll send me one of yours! lol. What are you having the rest of the week?? Here is my list for this week:
Day One: Chicken Parmesan
Day Two: Mexican Lasagna
Day Three: Beef and Spinach Pitas
Day Four: Chicken Broccoli Soup
Day Five: Honey BBQ Salmon (since I didn't make it last week)
Day Six: Greens and Beans
I just love printing off those grocery lists don't you? And it has been saving me money.

Di, sounds like you are very motivated to lose some weight this week. Me too. I'm going to try and focus more on exercise too this week. Anyone want to join me in a little exercise challenge?? Hope you had a good lunch!

Well, I guess I need to find something to do. I really want to take a nap but part of me wants to exercise now instead of later. Such a dilemma! lol. Ok, chat with you ladies later!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 03:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

I got a lot done already today, mowed the lawn, am watering it now, the girls went swimming in the pool, Teagan just LOVED it! My house is spotless, yelled at gateway tech support, called a local tech company in to set up our network since gateway blows monkeys!! 'scuse my french! Teagan is in bed, hubby home from work and now Taylor and I are going out for a swim!! We got one of those easy set pools for them and its great!! Its 12 feet by 3 feet deep we got it chlorinated and pumping so hopefully we won't have to fill it more than once this summer being that it is 1800 gallons of water!! But its fun and it will keep us cool during the summer!

Leigh, glad you are back on schedule!! I wish I liked salmon because all the salmon recipes you talk about sound soo delicious!

Di - I'm so glad to hear that you didn't have a gain! Hang in there girly!!

Penny - Are you all packed and ready for your trip?

Spryng - Sounds like you are having a busy day too!! I think I'll just have some of my turkey chili that I froze for dinner its only 500 calories and 10 grms of fat for 2 cups which is excellent less than half the calories and fat and still delicious!

Well I'm gonna go sit in the pool or lay in the sun! TTYL!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 03:57 PM   #14  
Walking away the weight

Di- the Lean Cuisine lunch was good, but I had my heart set on a Boca Burger

Spryng - I pm'd you the recipe. Please let me know how the Mexican Lasagna is - it sounds yummy - could you email me the recipe?

Michelle - glad you're all having such fun with the pool. Our condo has a pool, but it doesn't get any direct sunlight and is freezing. There's an argument over whether to heat it or not because a lot of people apparently like it ice cold. As for Salmon - the recipie says an alternative would be to make it with veggie patties - which also sounds really good to me!

Okay, time for my afternoon snack . . .
Old 06-28-2004, 05:45 PM   #15  
2BoysMom

I'm still here...

Tell me....why did I CHOOSE to have children?? They're enough to drive me to drink...which drives me to eat.... .......

I'll post later tonight after WI...I'm hoping for a turtle (stay the same).

Later ladies.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote