Old 06-26-2004, 05:12 PM   #16  
RosieKate

Hey there-
All done with the yard - for today! Yikes! My body is talking to me! It just felt really good to get out there and get dirty. After being with the little kids all week, I needed some serious exercise. My yard is all mulched and weeded and just looks great. Trouble is... the more time I spend in it, the more I see that I want to do. Sigh. It's a 9500 Sq. Ft. lot and the house is small, so that's alot o' yard. I have to tie myself to a chair to keep me out of the nurseries....too spendy

Katie - so glad you are feeling beter today. It's going to be a huge weight off your mind to have that warranty. I hate having car problems with a passion. With us, we don't have cars that break down, but my lovely DH drives like a bat out of he** and has a bad track record with his cars. Keeps getting rear-ended. He also insists on having a CD player in his car, and he's a high school teacher at an inner-city school. So guess what? They keep getting stolen! So a warranty doesn't really help us all that much.... but, boy are we glad we are insured, lol

Christi - another mom at VBS just bought a new Honda Pilot and it is a nice looking SUV. I'm not an SUV person, but this one almost converted me. We would still have a Honda for our family car, but we really need a wagon since we like to camp. If Honda made a wagon we'd be all over it. We made a major car purchase a year ago. We had a 92 Accord that we loved, but it was just too small for camping with two kids. Here's the scenario....Neither of us wants an SUV. DH wants a minivan - I want a wagon. We do the research and narrow down the choices to a Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey, and Subaru Outback. I didn't want a van but was willing to test drive. Well, I loved the Odyssey! That soccermom in me was rarin' to go in that thing...but our budget definitely did not like the Odyssey. My fave car was the Outback, and that's what we ended up with. I highly recommend it. It's a very reliable car, affordable and if you don't want an SUV but need the space, they are great. we bought it 1.5 yr's used, so it was still on a manufacturer warranty - haven't had to use it.

Marti - I hate going into restaurants that have no greens on the menu. Ugh. You made some good choices.....MIL wants to take us out to celebrate my birthday/anniversary/end of school - we'll probably end up at Izzy's 'cause there'll be something for everybody. I'm mentally preparing myself now...all you can eat places are tough - I want it all! My body thinks it's never going to get another meal or something....aargh!

Jana - I really like your new picture. If the contacts don't work, frameless glasses are a good option. If you can still get to my pictures I posted, I believe I'm wearing mine in them. I wore chunky frames for along time and after while, I felt like i was hiding behind them. The lighter ones barely feel like they are on my face. As far as a get together goes - Orgeon would be fun! I mean we have the Pacific Ocean, you know. And all our beaches are public - Can't say that about CA! Speaking about something in between - we ought to have a cowgirl weekend on a dude ranch in Montana or something like that. Or maybe a spa in Arizona or New Mexico in the winter when the weather is really dismal where we live..... oh, the ideas just keep coming... somebody stop me!

oops - out of time. Hello to everyone else, hope the weekend is going well for everyone
RK
Old 06-26-2004, 07:47 PM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Hello girls!!

Evening ladies--

What a busy day we have here!! Time for quick individuals!

Katie--Good for you for getting a new car. Don't feel bad...you'd rather be in a safe car then a car that you can't shut the door with don't you? Can you imagine being on the freeway and then it popping open? Or....something worse like a carjacking?! I think you did a good thing. Must always be safe!

Jana--Like the new picture. Wish I could see a bigger one though. Hard for me to see. (Maybe I need glasses!) Did you have that taken recently?

Cristi--Yep...did the seafood at the mexican restaurant. What was I thinking? It had, shrimp, crab, and scallons and it was tastey! Didn't want to take it home though. The Chimchanga would have been too soggy the next day and that just didn't sound appealing to me.

Angie--Your poor son's feet!! I was going to ask the same thing as Katie..about if he was born with it or just recently developed it.

Jen--James & I have used petmeds before too. Very nice to use to save money. Our vet didn't have a problem with us going through them either. We get the dogs heartgard from them.

RosieKate--I like your idea's for meeting up!! Can't we all just go somewhere tropical? I would like to meet up sometime...just have to wait until next year for me to be able to afford it. But you girls here on the west coast....we ought to get together some time.

Susan--Your man sounds like a keeper!! How sweet to bring flowers!! I love sunflowers and daisies! My two favorite! Hope you have a wonderful evening together!!

Hello to the rest of you girls out there.

Well I'm off to help James clean up our patio. We bought some plants and we bought two standard Koi fish today. Put them in our tank with the eel. We want to eventually have a pond....but we may not make one here at this house. Want to eventually move to a bigger house in the country. (Miss the quiet!)

Have a great night ladies

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 08:29 PM   #18  
GmaTo8

Marti - yep, it was taken today. I PMed you a bigger shot.... didn't have the guts to post it here for everyone to see all the wrinkles! One thing, if I do get contacts, I'm going to have to spiffy up my eye makeup... But I really think I'll get the rimless glasses instead. The ones with no glare....
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 11:07 PM   #19  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Jana~I did NOT recognize you at all! WOW! You look like a totally different person. I too wish I could see it bigger. Are you sporting a new do and hair color? Your hair looks shorter and a lot darker. And I am wearing my glasses. I thought about getting contacts at one time, not sure I could deal with something on/in my eye. And I feel fine wearing glasses.

Anyway, was just checking in real quick, didn't plan on posting but had to comment on Jana's purdy picture!

Talk to you all tomorrow. Nighty night!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 08:50 AM   #20  
GmaTo8

Happy Sunday to You,

RosieKate - bet your yard is great looking! I've got a pic of you with your family at the beach, but I don't see any glasses on you at all.... was there a different photo?

Marti - Neal screened in our patio and I love sitting out there with no bugs! I just love a patio, don't you? I take my coffee out there most mornings and watch the birds.

Cristi - I turned the flash off the camera for this shot - the flash makes my hair look brassy, I think, because an amber light flashes, too. Plus, I've just had a fresh dye job, lol. I'll PM you a bigger copy, too, if I can still get it.

Well, we're going to Indy after all today, to my nephew's twins' baptism. I have allowed 10 points for the meal, and since they are very health conscious, there shouldn't be a problem. I dread the drive up there and back, though....

I gotta tell you guys, I've done some sort of exercise every day for over a week, and see a pattern in place. I walk the dreadmill..... er, treadmill every other day and on the in-between days, I do arm exercises and crunches. Just wanted to share that..... Btw, the headphones for the treadmill ROCK!! I've been watching "Beaches" and love all the sound effects.

Be good, and I'll try to check in later tonight.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:37 AM   #21  
GmaTo8

Another new avatar????!!!

Okay, since you guys say you can't see me very well, I took another picture - not in front of a door, lol - in the playroom, and here it is. I can't believe how many wrinkles there are around my eyes! When did this happen??? Anyway, I'm done playing with the avatar for awhile, but wonder...

Where's your new picture?????
Old 06-27-2004, 11:59 AM   #22  
RosieKate

Hey Jana - I am wearing my glasses in the other two pictures - but you can barely tell. In the one with my daughter there is a slight glare off the lense. Hope you have a great time at the baptism today -glad Neal is feeling better.

Those aren't wrinkles - they are evidence of a happy life! Besides I can't see any in either of your pictures anyway....Now MY pictures are another story. I have this Irish complexion and I've been living with crow's feet for a long time. But, darn it, I refuse to give up smiling!

I'll try to check back in later for individuals, until then - have a great Sunday everyone

RosieKate
Old 06-27-2004, 01:36 PM   #23  

Morning ladies--

Jana--Like the advatar....I'm still trying to figure out how to resize mine......so I must really be a dummy!! I told James to take a head shot of me to change my advatar...and as soon as I figure it out...I will change mine!

I've got some running around to do but wanted to pop in real quick. I will do individuals later too!!

BBL

Marti
Old 06-27-2004, 02:52 PM   #24  
One day at a time

Default Hiya ladies~

A happy Sunday to all!

Jana~another new avatar?! I keep forgetting to put a photo up, of course I am not sure I want to use my mug as my avatar, not yet anyway. I keep meaning to post some recent pictures. It is amazing how different you look. Glad you are enjoying the treadmill. I need to get back inthe habit of doing exercise at least 3 days a week. Have a nice day at the baptism.

You ladies and yoru talk about your patios. I enjoy our deck. In the morning it is not so bad but towards the evening the bugs are terrible. Might not be so bad if there wasn't an empty field behind us. It would be nice to have a screened in porch. I enjoy being outdoors.

Marti~the seafood chimichanga sounds good. A pond would really be nice, seems they are the 'in' thing, that and water fountains/waterfalls. I too love sunflowers, have them everywhere in my kitchen. But my all time fav flower is the carnation.

RosieKate~a friend of mine has an outback and loves it. And they don't have kids. I have only had one SUV but wanting another as I have been a mini-van person for about 10 years now. I am ready to move on to something a little bit smaller. I am wanting either a Ford Escape, Hyundai Sante Fe or a Saturn Vue, with the Saturn being on the top of my list. Of course nto sure when that will happen. I am going to have to take a look at your pictures again. I thought I remember you wearing glasses, not sure now.

Speaking of ideas, what about Vegas??!! That would be a cool get together and so much fun. But a weekend at a spa in Arizona or New Mexico sounds nice also. I only mentioned CA because they have TONS to do there! That and I have friends there and an Aunt that I need to visit sometime in the near future. Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Magic Mountain, the beautiful beaches, Catalina Island, tons of places to shop, Lake Tahoe, Carmel/Monterey, etc. I could go on and on. Of course I am sure Oregon has just as many places to see also.

Susan~so how was your date with Les? Did you have a date last night, or am I thinking of a few days ago?? I swear I think I am losing my mind. That is so sweet he brought you flowers.

Hi to everyone else.

I guess I best get off this thing, V is home from work. Had to work overtime this past week and a half. Need to get out and do some weeding, get a couple loads of laundry done. Anyway, have a good one ladies. See ya later
Old 06-27-2004, 07:06 PM   #25  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Rosie Kate - wow, I can't even tell you have glasses on in the one picture I printed.... I'll have to go back and check out the others.

Marti - when James has time, maybe he will help you with your avatar. I use a digital camera to load mine to the computer in the first place, so I'm not sure how else to do it.

Cristi - I think I look so much better w/o glasses, but the more I think about it, the more I'm pretty sure I'll get the rimless ones instead of contacts. About the treadmill, I can't believe how much better I feel after I walk on it! I don't go too far or too fast yet, but I do what I can.

Hi to my other Jaded Buddies..

Neal woke up with a head cold, so we didn't go to Indy. I called my nephew to explain, and he said they'll be back down here on July 4th, so I can see them then. Picked and cooked some green beans... boy are they good! And we had a fresh tomato, too, right off the vine.

BBL,
Old 06-27-2004, 09:47 PM   #26  
RosieKate

I'm back!

Christi - If you are looking for a mini-SUV, my MIL has a Subaru Forester that she just loves. Just FYI - The ones you've mentioned sound good, too. I've admired the Saturn one. I've heard people say they are very reliable, but can be uncomfortable, so get a good test ride in! I love Monterrey and would go back in a heartbeat......

Jana - I tried to find a pic of me with my dork glasses on, but don't have any loaded on my computer at the moment. But if you could see the difference - the rimless just open up my face; you can actually see my eyes! I was visualizing them on your new avatar and I think they would look great. That is such an attractive picture! I can't wear contacts because of astigmatism...don't think I would want them anyway, my eyes are so senstive. I rarely wear eye makeup anymore cause my eyes tear up...that's SO attractive!

Marti - you're going to do a new pic, too? Do I sense a new trend? You mean I need to get rid of my picture from when I was 18 months old? Darn! Hee hee. As far as resizing goes, next time I'll use Jana's dummies one, but I just went into an edit program and chopped it down until the site accepted it. I have really good "fat face" ones I should use as an avatar to help me keep my eye on the prize....

Today was relatively uneventful. A gorgeous weather day. I finished planting out my rock wall, then gave the back yard a good watering. We are cleaning up the yards because the family will be descending on Wednesday for a barbecue and that is a great motivator to get all this stuff done. With DH and I home, we've weeded and mulched all the beds, seeded the lower lawn, re-finished the picnic tables and tonight DH is restaining the deck. It all looks great! And we are bushed! Leigh was a little under the weather, so I kept her home from church today, but I guess I missed a good sermon. I hate it when that happens. Our senior pastor is a wonderful preacher and storyteller. He's been out of town on a mission to build homes in Mexico, so I was bummed to miss his first sermon back from the trip. Oh well, next time.

Hope y'all had a great weekend - I sure did. the upcoming week will be very busy... That's good...keeps me from obsessing about food

RosieKate
Old 06-28-2004, 08:02 AM   #27  
GmaTo8

Good Morning Ladies,

RosieKate - I also have astigmatism and although the people at the doc's office say they make contacts for that, I'm not going there. Your yard sounds so nice - with over 9000 sq.ft., I know there's always something to do! If you told me what's happening Wednesday, I forgot! We're having the 13 of us here for the 4th, but that's next Sunday, right? Hope Leigh is feeling better today...

Angie - your pic would NOT download for me.... can you resend it, maybe through PM?

Hi to the other JLs...

Today I'm going to hem some t-shirts. Why they make some of them to come all the way to the tops of your thighs is a mystery to me! And here I am, 5' 9" tall, I can just imagine how some of you shorter ones feel.

BBL,
Old 06-28-2004, 12:47 PM   #28  

Morning ladies--

How was everyones weekend? Mine was a busy one. Did some cleaning up around the yard and patio...but now our patio looks worse than when we started!! That's my job for today.

Wanted to pop in for a min while I had time to say good morning. I think I need some coffee .....sleepy here!! (got to bed around 2:00)

I will post more later when I'm awake.

Marti
Old 06-28-2004, 12:50 PM   #29  
One day at a time

Smile Happy Monday All~

Don't really have much to say but wanted to check in and say Hi. Went to the library this morning and checked out some more John Saul books. The guy writes some creepy some but it seems I am obsessed-got two more. Trying to get through the Grisham book-Bleachers. Unless you are a football fan it is not the book to read. I am a football fan but this book is boring to say the least. Going to get some much needed house cleaning done today, other than that not much going on. Didn't get to the scrapbooking so maybe that will be something I do today. I need to get the stuff in order before I start-one step at a time. I was afraid to weigh in this morning for some reason, but am happy to report a 2 pound loss. Yippee!! Now to keep it going.

Jana~where do you get the t-shirts?? I ask because I actually like some long shirts. Love wearing them with leggings, also don't like my big booty showing. I try to get a shirt a size bigger sometimes thinking maybe it will be longer, some are some aren't. Most are just wider.

RosieKate~hope lil miss Leigh is feeling better. You guys have really been busy on your yard. We finished our front and will be doing the back now, well part of it. We are going to do some cementing and brick for a patio up against the house and that won't be for a while-I think.

Anyone have any suggestions on trees to plant?? Not sure what I want to put back there. We put two maples in the front because I love the color of the leaves in the fall, and they are not messy-no fruit, nuts or anything to fall off other than the leaves. Which as small as they are now there won't be much raking for years to come. Anyhoo, said I didn't have much to say and I start blabbling Almost forgot, I am going to try and post some new photo's today and will probably only leave them up for a day or two. Okay-did add some recent photo's if you want to take a peek. One is of me and V on our anniversary. I have to say in all the pictures I am wearing 2 inch platform shoes so it looks like I am a little taller than I really am. And even though I am as big is as I am I like that I look small next to V! The other two photo's are of me and Jason at his ceremony, and Carrie has her back to the camera, of course she is wearing her silly hat.

Hope everyone is doing fine and having a wonderful day. Chat with ya later.

P.S. Hiya Marti~guess we were posting at the same time. You sound like me, I was up till 1 pm watching tv or I should say trying to watch tv. I dozed off a couple of times and then finally turned it off.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:34 PM   #30  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Marti - hey girl, aren't you awake yet?? Why does your patio look worse now? I don't understand.... Btw, did you get my photo in your PM?

Cristi - YAY for the 2 pounds down!!!! Doesn't that feel so good!!! I tried to warn you about that particular John Grisham book, lol. But his other stuff is so good, and he does write so well.... it's just that I hate football, and just about gave up on the book! The t-shirts are Just My Size from Walmart, and Mountain (something) from Goodies. I checked out your pics and left a message on the other thread...

Okay Miss Susan, Now that you have a Real Life, we hardly hear from you, lol. Take your mind off Les and come tell us hello, you stinker.

I haven't accomplished much today. Did the hem on one shirt, and it looked kind of puckery, so I left the others alone. The phone lines got pulled out of the ground by a machine that was scraping the road, (don't ask) so I've been w/o the computer til just a little while ago. Neal is cooking spaghetti tonight, YAY for that. I get burned out sometimes...

BBL,