Old 06-27-2004, 10:44 AM   #16  

Morning All -

Things are good here. I did a little walking yesterday but I'm only going to claim 3 points. We are mowing today so I'll get my 4 points today.

Faye - I have two things to say about what you wrote. First - you're right there are things I hesitate doing...usually meeting new people...because of my weight and what they might think. The second thing is number 5 on your list should be the easiest and most fun of all of them lol.

Let's see my list. I haven't given it much thought so it could change but here goes off the top of my head:

1. Travel most of the world.
2. Live in a foreign country.
3. Finish my PhD.
4. Meet a wonderful man to share my experiences with.
5. Buy a small house in the country.

Until later all,

Beth
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 12:18 PM   #17  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi ladies!,

Well I didn't get the job - I am sure it is because of my poor health record - no one will give me a chance, not even for a part time temp job! There is just so much competition, and i have so much 'baggage', that I never come across as the best candidate. I'm seriously thinking about retraining and having a completely fresh start. To be honest, I've never been happy doing social work - it doesn't help my mental health, but it's what I know and I worry it's too late or I can't afford to retrain. BUT - if i can't find work anyway, why don't I just retrain. I've not worked for over 18 months now so I could have put that time to better use by retraining long ago! I know nigel will be worried about the finances, but I'll look into it. I think I'd like to study early years childcare - it was what I wanted to do when I was younger, but branched off into social work. i love working with children, but hate the responsibility of professional social work - the trouble is nursery nursing pays about half what social work does, but I just want to find a job i enjoy!

Anyway, my diet has ben bad over the past few days - I'm going to start fresh tomorrow.

I did buy that swimming costume - but haven't ventured into the pool yet, so I'll take faye's advice and get my *** down there!

POLL:-

1) Raise some happy and healthy children.

2) Live in a house by the sea in Ireland.

3) Live my life free from depression.

4) Find a job or career which I truly love and am successful in.

5) Learn to drive - I've been trying on and off (mostly off) for about 4 years now!

SIMPLE PLEASURES!

Take care

Love Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 01:07 PM   #18  

Amanda,

I just wanted to say it is never to late to learn something new or find a new path. I'm 41 and went back to school about a year ago to get a degree in something new, writing. I have a degree in accounting, which I don't use. I plan on getting my MFA and PhD, heck I'll be at least 47 or more by the time I finish. If I have my way I will go on and get degrees in something else then. I would love to go to medical school as well. The time passes no matter what we do or don't do so we might as well do it anyway.

Best of luck,

Beth
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 01:59 PM   #19  

Height: 5 foot

Happy Sunday !

Short post today, I didnt lose anything, but I didnt gain! Yesterday was a rough one, there was no way to avoid overeating. First we started off at the beach, I was fixing my sandwich and I dropped it on the floor. So I decided to go ahead and eat white bread...it was molded... So. I just packed up my f/f pringles and headed on. Me and hubby fought pretty much all day long. He was kissing his friends butt the whole time, and completely disregarding us....his family! He complained about me taking so long and making him late, I had to get me AND the kids ready, try to pack everything for everyone, try to get food and drinks together.. etc, He did nothing. Then he rode around for like 45 minutes looking dumb. We got to the beach, it was raining!! But it stopped, and of course I spent the majority of the time watching the kids, I got in the water maybe 10 minutes. I wore my bathing suit.

*****Break******

Faye ~ The reason I said I didnt want to wear a swimsuit wasnt weight related at all. I dont feel comfortable wearing a 2 piece swimsuit in front of my husband's male friends. I think that is disrespectful in a way. The people I was with werent small themselves, but I dont want to make a situation uncomfortable. I"m a grown woman with two little ones, flossing around with a 2-piece swimsuit on in front of another man and his wife was not something I was looking forward to doing. But.... since the friends wife took off her shorts and had a two piece on also, then I felt better about it. You are absolutely right, no I don't accept my body for the way it is....because if I did, I wouldnt even be here. That is the whole problem with me. I didnt even realize how big I was until I saw a picture of me. I won't accept myself looking this way until I know that I am doing the ultimate best that I can for my weight, my health, and my well being. So It's hard for me to say, look at that cellulite and look at that fat and say well I just love it! But when I have clothes on Then I love myself more because I don't see that part, I see my face and my personality. I accept that I am a mommy and I love that too! I'm sorry I pis*sed you off!! I didnt mean to at all! (I'm pretty scared of you..you know!)

*****Unbreak*****

I didnt care about those other people, there were much, much bigger people with swimsuits on than me. I've been wearing one at the pool in front of boys and men and whomever! I still feel uncomfortable, not because of my weight, because I don't look that bad in it, but because I'm not comforable being around people with lack of clothing. Anyways, we then headed to Miyabi's this japanese resturant. Well let's just say there isnt any healthy alternatives there, I looked.. Of course not eating it would have been best...but who can do that when they are cooking the food and placing it on your plate right there?!?!? But.... I didnt pig out at all! But I know that the amount of rice I did eat was way more that the lousy 1/4 cup you are allowed!!

Only 2 pts for yesterday, because although I still don't think I went over calories....I did in fat intake probably... or I just dont feel like I did the ultimate best. I didnt do formal exercise, but I was doing squats while the waves were coming...(made up exercises) and kicks under the water. I ran around a little out on the sand, so that had to burn something!!

Well today, I"ve exercised and I am organizing my tablets for my calories and food info, and my workouts. I plan on some tennis and going to the pool later. Well gotta go, of course this didnt end up short!!

Bye everyone! Love you All !!

P.S.
1. go on vacation
2. go on vacation
3. go on vacation
4. go on vacation
5. and go on vacation!!

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 06-27-2004 at 02:03 PM.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 02:32 PM   #20  
Gym'll fix it!!

Jaymi, I love your 5 things to do I don't think that I can think of 5 lets see.

1. Move back to England.
2. Enjoy Life.
3. See More of England. (I've seen more of the rest of the world than England)
4. Quit Emotional Eating and return to a healthy weight.
5. Spend lots of time with my Grand-daughter and spoil her to bits.

There, I got 5 but i just filled in the spots
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 08:17 PM   #21  

Hi Chickies! Went to church this a.m., then the store - bought 2 donuts for hubby but none for me!!! We were supppose to be fixing the toilet which is leaking, but after breakfast he planted his butt in his chair and has been watching movies on the big screen tv all day! I cannot stand doing that all day so I cleaned out some files, washed and folded two loads of clothes, cleaned the kitty litter, did a pedicure, and applied weed and pest killer to the front lawn. I still feel like I didn't get much accomplished. I think something is wrong with me.

Anyway my poll answers:

1. Publish my parenting book.
2. See my children as happy, successful adults.
3. Free my parents from debt.
4. Lay my husband off work.
5. Make a difference in the way thousands of parents relate to their children.

Faye - thank you for your words of encouragement. I don't go swimming - I will admit that. But as far as everything else, I usually dress with style and pride. I wear the sexiest shoes, fabulous jewelry, great makeup (As Mary Kay teaches us "If you want to be a director, look like a director) and I show leg and cleavage whenever appropriate. I hold my head up and carry myself like the sexy beast I am. With respect to my high school reunion coming up next week - I was beginning to fret about what I would wear and what would everyone think when they see me remembering I used to be a size 7. But thanks to you, I am reminded that it doesn't matter what they think. I will look fantastic and many of my classmates will wonder "after all these years, how does she manage to look so fabulous?" Thanks again /Faye!

mscat816
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 08:36 PM   #22  

Jaymi: Good grief girl, you didn't make me MAD! I understand what you are saying about the two piece suits in that genre and highly respect you for wanting to exhibit some modesty. There is never anything wrong with that at all. I am sorry I came off as being mad. I AM MAD, but MAD at the way society has pigeonholed fat people so they become ashamed, embarrassed and what not. For God's sake, don't be afraid of me, I am a kittycat. I just strongly believe in the beauty of all human beings no matter their color, culture, their size, gender, whatever and it angers me to see people feeling they must be ashamed of some aspect of their lives. Please forgive me for frightening you and making you think I was mad. I am just pretty straight forward and speak my mind. What you want to take away or not from this thread is totally up to you, ok? Ok, everybody, tell her I am not the wicked witch of the west. Jaymi, if you are really uncomfortable with me, talk to some of the long time posters about me by pm or e-mail, I won't be offended. I want you to feel comfortable here. I know that unlike many threads, I control this one totally, but when I started it, I had something in mind with it that I wasn't seeing with other threads. It is why I pretty much do everything myself so I can keep what my original ideas were in tact, namely making you feel special about yourself, making weight loss fun and not painful to do, keeping the complaining to a minimum and by that I mean having somewhere to go where you don't have people whining about their weight and wanting pity all the time but not wanting to put any effort into changing their lives so it will happen for them and generally make each person feel like she is the most beautiful woman in the world and can do anything she puts her mind too. It is not now nor ever has been a social thread though we socialize a lot and I want that as part of the thread. Now do not go and think that I think totally social threads are bad because they are great. I just had something else in mind and it was more weight loss focused. So with all that being said, when I get into my mode, it is because it is something I feel is very very important to tell you. Now your job is to decide if you feel it applies to you and if it does do you think it is a bunch of hooey or valid points and secondly, if it does apply to you and you see yourself, what can you take away from what I said to help you fix whatever the problem is. I don't appologize for being strong minded about stuff like holding your head up and being proud of who you are fat because I am telling you from experience a happy fat person can be a happy thin person because they love themselves both ways. I am pretty intuitive and I catch on to problems with folks pretty fast here. I was a psych major specializing in relationsip work in college so I usually either dealt with it in school or in labs or I have looked something up so I can be of help. I AM NOT A KNOW IT ALL AND DON'T THINK OF MYSELF IN THAT WAY. I hope that is not how you think I see myself. I just spend time trying to find solutions to problems people have here and truly want each one of you to have the best, fullest and happiest life possible!

I am pretty pooped. Took dgs to lunch and the movies and that boy can wear you out, but I loved every minute of it. The movie, though my dh laughed like a hyena through it, was STUPID! I laughed at him not the movie (Garfield.) Some woman royally ticked my dd and I off though. We thought the little girl crying in the audience saying mommy mommy was because Odie had run away from home and was lost. What really happened was the little girl fell asleep (about4-5 years old) and her younger sister had to go to the rest room so the mother left the 4 year old alone in the theater asleep and she woke up and mommy was gone. My husband told me to mind my own business because I was ready to climb over the seats and kick her butt for her. Poor little thing was terrified!

Well, have a good evening and see you in the morning!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 01:08 AM   #23  

Faye!!!!!!

I was just clowning around with ya!!! I dont have any problems with you what so ever!!! But I did think I made you mad though!!! But seriously, I know exactly what you mean!! Who decides what looks good and what doesnt? Who is small and who is big?!? And you didnt "frighten me" really!!! What I meant was that I don't want to piss you off!!! Ha, ha You just speak your mind and you are a bold person, and I like that!!! That's the hard thing about emails sometimes... You can't see the other persons reaction or hear their tones!!! People can read the same sentence different ways! But I am just clowning around with ya, But I did want to let you know that for once... not wanting to wear that swimsuit wasnt weight related!!! Ha, ha You and me are kool chickie!! I don't have no need to ask anyone about ya, I like ya the way you are!!! Just had to pop in and tell ya that!! Have a good night!
Old 06-28-2004, 06:41 AM   #24  

MONDAY: today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to work on pride in ourselves, our accomplishments, our families, etc. Let's take a long hard look at ourselves and see where we may be slipping and work on knowing we are the best we can be.

Jaymi: GOOD! I know I am an outspoken old broad and not everyone understands where I am coming from.

MSCAT: You go girl! If you ever saw the episode of Designing Women where Suzanne Sugarbaker gets up and gets the award for most changed or something like that and is at first is all offended because it is basically because she gained so much weight, her speech is wonderful. We should all be proud of who we are at the moment! Good for YOU!

Beth: Actually, #5 would be my dh's dying wish!

You girls are the best, just remember that!

Faye
Old 06-28-2004, 07:37 AM   #25  

Morning Girlies!

Oh boy, am I a MESS! My dad is gone, finally, and I survived that whole thing ok......basically an exercise in how much painful silence can you stand. But right after aerobics on Friday I got this wicked backache in the middle of my back. It hurts to BREATHE! I can' lie down without pain, or sit for very long. It seems to be better when I'm doing something. Ice doesn't help, heat doesn't help much, bengay does a little, drugs do a little. I haven't had a good night sleep all weekend and I have to teach class tonight!

Guess I'm gonna have to find a chiropractor this morning....but I hate to do that cuz I have to pay out of pocket and I'm supposed to go to the dentist tomorrow (out of pocket) and we just can't afford either one right now! Of course, we can' afford for me not to teach dance, either.........so I guess I gotta go.

My eating was crazy while my dad was here.......I tried to keep myself under control as best I could. I knew I was stress eating, but basically told myself I could undo any damage and allowed myself whatever I needed to get through the weekend. I didn't eat anything really "bad", but just way way too much! Right now my stomach doesn't want to eat ANYTHING, it's so stressed out from the weekend.

So, hopefully today I can get this back thing sorted out and my life can get back to normal.

Jaymie--just so you know you're not alone...........I love my dh to death! But he is always complaining about how slow I am and how long it takes me to get ready. AND I HAVE TO GET 4 Fing PEOPLE READY! He just gets his stuff and gets in the car. GRRRRrrrrrrrr. So I know how you feel....It's just a guy thing, I've learned to ignore. He's not so bad about it anymore, either he's gotten used to it or the kids are better about getting all their stuff together by themselves. When they were babies, though........Uuggh it took forever!

Well, sitting at this computer is hurting my back........so I'm gonna get gone.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 09:29 AM   #26  
It is what it is...

Morning Everyone ... hope you all had a good weekend, mine went fast but hey this one coming up is a 3 day weekend due to the holiday....so hopefully this work week will go fast...

Faye - You are crazy girl!! ha ha I just read your 5 things you want to and number 5 is hilarious! It did bring up a couple of questions for me but this being a community thread I wont ask, ha .... glad you got to spend some time with your grandson this weekend...

Julie - Honey, I so feel for you...I have done that to my back 2 times in my life, both times it took like 2 weeks before I felt good and always about a week before I could really move around...my Dr told me to take Aleve this last time and moving around is the best thing you can do for it, just take it easy...
Hope you get to feeling better...

MSCat - Great attitude...I could probably never get it but it is wonderful that you do, I hope you have a great time at the reunion...

Jaymi - Faye is an old softi with a little bit of bark She means no harm ( as she explained to you ) .... no weight loss this week? Oh well now you aim for it this week, right??

Oh and I wanted to get my 5 things in ...
1 ) Have at least one child
2 ) Get down to my goal weight
3 ) Form a good, loving relationship with my Dad
4 ) Go to Ireland with dh
5 ) Live a long, healthy, and happy life with dh

Okay, I will check back later...oh had 3 points yesterday
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:26 AM   #27  

Happy Monday !

I got 4 pts for yesterday…barely. The water was hard since I was sitting on my butt most of the day, but it got better. I don’t have much time today. I have lots and lots to do, and the days seem to just rush by!! I didn’t get to play tennis or go to the pool so I will aim for that later on today! I’m in a bad mood, and I don’t know why. But everything is so irritating! And no one else is even up, so who is irritating me?? T.V., people outside looking in while I am exercising, the dog barking at me, and the clock moving faster and faster. Well anyways……..

Here are my goals for today :

Pray for strength, encouragement, and motivation.
Try to do at least 30 more minutes of exercise. (abs & weights)
Stay on plan.
Play tennis and go swimming in pool

Here are my goals for the week :

Pray, Pray, Pray!!
Lost weight this week!!
Don’t cheat on plan!!!
Don’t get stressed out over things you can’t control !!

JULIE--> I’m just glad that you are ok…except for the back thing!! I know what you mean about having nooo money! I Hate it…at first it didn’t bother me as much, but now I’m really starting to get ticked off!!

SATINE--> I’m going to try to lose this week! I hope so, I’m gonna work my butt off! I’m obviously not going to meet my goal, but I’m gonna try! on your 3 pts!!

MSCAT816--> I love your attitude!! Can I borrow some of it! You are such a positive person!

AMANDA--> Sorry about the job, but things will work out for you, don’t worry! with everything else! A fresh start and a deep breath always helps!!

To everyone I missed, I hope you all are doing well, and I apologize!!

Well, I’m off to tackle the day! Time is flying by ! Type at you chickies later!
Old 06-28-2004, 12:29 PM   #28  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi All,

FRESH START TODAY!

You would not believe me if i told you I STILL have PMS and water retention - for 2 weeks now! I have been having such a hard time this month - I think maybe it's something to do with adjusting to my new pills or something. Anyway, I weighed myself today as I want to know where I am, and I have put on 2lb. This could be water retention, but I suspect not, as I have gone off track with both my diet and exercise over the last week. At least I know where I'm at and have caught it early. So I'm back on track today - PMS or not!

JAYMI - I like your goals for the week, I might follow them too! Now coming from an expert in the subject, your anger and agitation sounds like my good old friend PMS! Hope you feel better soon!

JULIE - Sorry about your dad and your bad back. I'm sure it may take you a while to recover from both, so be gentle with yourself! Don't push yourself to do a class if you are really not up to it - I know you need the money, but you'll only end up doing more damage and set yourself back even further. Whatever happens, the Lord will provide - I know that for sure. Neither me nor Nigel have worked for the past 18 months, and we've had untold extra expenses, but we have ALWAYS been provided for in one way or another.

CARRI - How is the exercise going? What are you doing? Keep up the good work!

FAYE - I love your rants! You speak ALOT of sense and so admire your confidence and self esteem. I am going to check out the swimming times at my local pool and try to get down there this week, although I do feel nervous about it. It is a mind over matter thing though - just getting that first time over with, then there will be no stopping me!

MSCAT - I love your attitude! I really need to work on my self esteem.

CAT - I know what you mean about seeing England. I have hardly seen any of it! I grew up just outside of London, but have never done the whole sightseeing thing, and now I live just outside the gorgeous peak district and have only visited about 5 times in 10 years! I always tell myself it would be different if i drive - usually when my friend comes to see us I get him to drive us out to the peaks, but we don't normally venture out of the local pub!

BETH - Thanks for your advice about retraining. I tried to broach the subject with Nigel yesterday, but it didn't go down too well. The thing is he is not happy about me 'downgrading'.he is not happy to pay for me to retrain for a career which will pay me less, which makes sense I suppose! He thinks I can do better and am selling myself short if I go into a less professional career. He has alot of faith in me and high expectations and he thinks I should aim higher rather than lower. I don't agree - higher means more work and responsibility that I can't manage! I think he sees me through 'rose tinted spectacles' (bless him!) and has the utmost faith in what I can achieve - the point is though, I don't think I WANT to achieve it! So the argument goes on.............

Love Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 01:17 PM   #29  

Julie: If you really don't feel you can handle the dr expense and really need to spend the money you do have on the dentist, go to WEBMD and put in back strain and you can get some good help there. I was going to copy and paste info for you but there is a lot. Muscle strain of any kind is usually only relieved by anti-inflammatory (ie advil, aleve NOT TYLENOL) and heat to the area, but they have some back strain exercises to help.

Satine: #5 is probably my dh's dying wish! Like most men, he loves it, I hate it so we compromise and that's as far as I can go without my thread getting ripped off the forum!

Amanda: WHEN YOU GO TO THAT POOL IN A SWIMSUIT AND STICK THOSE BEAUTIFUL TOOTSIES IN THE WATER, I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT! It will be a big accomplishment and we all will celebrate!

Jaymi: You are doing fabo girl, keep it up.

Man, I am tired of cold pool water. Found out the little dweeb that messed with me doesn't live here so next time he gets the cops for sure! I have told the vice president of the association about what happened and she said she is bringing it up at the meeting tonight and demanding something be done to keep out people that don't live here. I guess she found this kid sleeping in one of the deck chairs one morning. He had climbed over the locked fence! Sheesh!

Well, girlies, it is tomato soup and lowfat grilled cheese for me today. I am on a serious weight loss roll again. Down another 5 lbs since the doctors last Monday! YAHOO and looking for twoterville!

faye
Old 06-28-2004, 01:40 PM   #30  
Nefertiti

Morning everyone! I totallky flaked in checking in this weekend. I'm a natural blonde, through and through. I kept thinking, I have to do something with that computer, but I truly could not remember what it was, until I walked into work today, lol.

I did ok this weekend, I only earned 3 points for Friday and Saturday, and 2 yesterday. I like today's mission; its something I was thinking about on the way to work today. Oh and I love yesterday's survey, so here's my 5 things:

1. Get married in Hawaii or another tropical island, on the beach at the edge of the surf
2. Have kids, and bring them up to be emotionally stable, well balanced individuals
3. Buy my own house
4. Take a cruise around the Mediteranean Sea
5. Take a month long trip to Ireland, see my ancestor's castle, and land; as well as all the other wonderful places in Ireland

This list would be different, but I accomplished a lot from my list of "100 things I want to do before I die" with in the past year, so my goals are revamping themselves.

Faye: Thank you! Your rant was excellent. You spoke volumes! And its good to hear someone speak up about loving who you are; also sometimes we all need reminders.

I don't have much time this morning, just wanted to check in before my day really gets going and I forget to come here again

Have a great day everyone!

Bonni

Today's goal: A 4 pointer day!
nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote