Old 06-23-2004, 06:19 AM   #31  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes! How can we help you?

I think I didn't follow my own rule and have woed you to death for a month now, sorry! I just don't have anyone but Jack to bounce this stuff off of and I don't have friends here in town and we won't talk about the dd situation I wouldn't even call her. Just thanks for listening to me go on and on. I will try to tone it down since I am pretty much at the end of the line as to what is going to happen to me!

Everyone think good OP thoughts today!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:20 AM   #32  

Morning Chickies!

Faye, sweetie, my heart really goes out to you. What a collosal pain in the ***!!!! Litigation makes everyone freaky, especially doctors. Still, it shouldn't matter to them WHO pays......cuz in the end, somebody always pays. Usually the one who can least afford it. I hope things get better for you soon!

Anyway, another 4 pointer yesterday. Wanted to binge really badly, but there was NOTHING in the house to eat except a few cans of beans! And I was too lazy to go out. So, today I'm heading to the store right after aerobics. Couldn't even have my coffee this morning cuz I'm all out of non-dairy milk. Actually, I'm out of regular milk too........even went scrounging in the camping bins to see if I had any coffeemate leftover from last summer! NOTHING.....Oh well, sleepy aerobics. That should be fun.

Jaymie and Nef----you two are CRAZY with your exercise schedules!!! Whatever works, I guess.

Carrie excercised??? Did **** freeze over and I missed it??? Just kiddin' sweetie, great job!

Cat90--GET SOME SLEEP! I agree with Jaymie, if you need to take a tylenol pm or something, do it. Also, keeping up with your exercise will actually help you sleep better. THere's also some "before bed" yoga tapes out there that can help get you relaxed and have better sleep.

Well, guess I gotta go.
Everybody have a great day!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:29 AM   #33  
It is what it is...

Morning All -
Just a 3 pointer for me yesterday, the cable guy was supposed to come from a window ( dont ya love those ) of 5:30-7:30 and didnt get there until 8:10!!!! That is after I called and complained!! I did get a $25 credit to my account, but still I was mad...so anyhow am going to exercise tonight..gotta a lot to do after work, errands and all, but we will see...

Julie - Ha, ha you are so funny girlie !!! Yes I did actually exercise, may even try it again tonight!!!

Faye - Sorry to hear about your troubles, I will pray that things get better for you real soon, keep your chin up ...

Cathy - I am all about the sleep, if I dont get like 7-8 hours per night I am crap...I agree with Julie there is no shame in taking something to get to sleep, I have done it before and it works great...

Jaymi - Thanks for not forgetting me today

Beth, Susan, Amanda, and everyone have a great day!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:32 AM   #34  

Hello Everyone,

It's a really pretty day here. I can't get over the difference between Florida and SC. It is just so much hotter / humidier in Florida. I dread going back lol. I'm not sure if I told you this or not, but my dad bought a new computer yesterday which is why I'm here online posting. So that's cool. What's even better is I get to take it home with me when I go back to Florida..woo hoo.

I get 4 points for yesterday...and my mom does as well lol. I am surprised how much easier it was to stay on-plan when someone else in the house is doing it with you. I showed her this website last night so I might get her to start posting. I think she would like the interaction with other people.

Faye - It's terrible what the doctors are doing to you. I hate them myself. It is sad, but true, that the days of doctors caring about people are over.

Jaymi - What part of SC are you in? Greenville is in the upper West corner of the state.

Nefertiti - Welcome. I think you'll enjoy posting here. Everyone is very helpful and supportive.

Cat90 - Not sleeping is terrible. I have always had sleeping problems so I know how you feel. Once in awhile I will take an over the counter sleeping pill. It really works. Keep in mind you should have at least 8 hours that you can sleep. They usually knock me out for 9 or so. I do that about twice a month.

Well, that's about it for now. Take care all,

Beth
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:16 AM   #35  

Hey girlies! You know me, can't be kept down for very long. I talked with dh this morning and told him that I believe that when you have done all you can with a problem and have run out of ideas, that you HAVE to let it go and get on with your life in a positive way. Does my arm hurt, yup and my neck and shoulders too from wearing this sling, does my knee hurt, uh-huh on and off and terribly when I got from sitting to standing, but I have a smile on my face and a song in my heart and am getting on with it ! I sat and read a whole book this morning and now I am doing what I do best....CLEANING! It really destresses me and though it is hard only having one good hand I can manage just fine. It is raining and going to all day so this is going to have to be my exercise for the day, but that is ok, it certainly gives me a workout!

Jaymi
Julie
Beth
Carri
Faye ( I blew it eating after I got off the call with that woman and my lawyer! BUT onward and upward!)

TO BETH'S MOM: We would love to have you join us! Please come and visit with us often!

Julie: I have nothing fatty in my house like cookies, chocolate candy and the like either. I made myself hot dogs (lower fat ones) and something I ate as a treat as a child, buttered bread with brown sugar on it! I am not even mad at myself though I know I shouldn't let food be my destresser because it never is. I was just in pain and couldn't clean yesterday so went for what I could find in the cabinets! Good for you not leaving the house and going and getting something!

Ok, time to hit the toilets! Later gator!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 06-23-2004 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:55 PM   #36  
Nefertiti

Morning ladies!

Ok, since today is whoe is me day, and its a perfect day for it, here's my woe, I thought I was doing so well, losing weight steadly, etc. Lost 9.5 pounds; haven't lost jack in 3 weeks, so I upped my exercise to 6-7 days a week, starting this week. Get on the stupid scale this morning, and it says I gained three pounds - and my tummy looks bloated, erg. So of course I feel chunky today It's ok though, I know tomorrow I won't feel this way, probably be back to normal.

Jaymi - thanks for the well wishes on the half-marathon. I need that desparately, inspiration you know. I was supposed to start getting up early for a 1/2 hour run every morning today, but you know how that goes - alarm goes off, the snooze button is just so much more tempting than the running shoes are. So I'm going running after work.

Cat90 - I regularly have major problems sleeping. The really bad times I take Tylenol PM; but what has really helped lately is about 20 minutes of either pilates or yoga in the evening - I have started doing it every other day. Good luck getting those z's.

Yesterday I earned 4 points total

Food: was ok. My only slip up was when I binged on some mini chocolate chip cookies yesterday afternoon, so I'm not sure I should get all the points for this. I stopped once I realized what I was doing, and drank a glass of water.

Exercise:: 30 minutes Hula Dance fitness dvd; and 30 minutes Cardio Blast DVD

Water: Excellent! This is a very good thing because I had a rough time getting use to drinking so much water. I also drank a 33 oz bottle of Propel again last night. It's like koolaid - without all the calories and sugar

I even remember to take my daily vitamin yesterday

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Last edited by nefertiti; 06-23-2004 at 01:01 PM.
nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:10 PM   #37  
It is what it is...

Hey Ladies - I just thought of another woe, actually I dont think I woed in this morning in my post so I will do it now....I have had the same off and on headache for like 3 days...I am trying to figure out what is causing it, I have major allergy problems and it feels sometimes like it is in my face ( eyes, cheeks ) but then again like today it is in my neck ( obvious stress headache )
so I am bummed about that...taking Advil usually does the trick but I read that you can sometimes keep getting headaches from taking too many over the counter pain meds day after day....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
So had to complain about that while I was thinking of it, stressing out about it is probably not helping the headache, I guess I am just thankful they arent migraines like some people get...still it is worrisome....

Well hope you all are having a better afternoon than I ....
Old 06-23-2004, 04:08 PM   #38  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hope you feel better soon Carri

Faye, it is terrible what you are having to go through at least mine was an oversight by the doc and not neglect. I've been told (by a doc) that fractures fuse very quickly, in a matter of days so it might be too late to put yours in a cast now after a month? thats the reason mine did'nt heal properly maybe you should ask someone about that. It must be hard being a patient and a doctor over there one girl on another thread needed to see her doctor and when she tried to book an appointment she found out that the poor man had to quit practising because he could'nt afford the high insurance premiums

I feel a bit more 'human' today I've been an insomniac all my life i think i've died and gone to heaven if i sleep 3hrs without waking god knows what I was like as a baby, my mum must have had a **** of a time getting anything done I've tried every sleep aid and herbal remedy known to man and none of them work for me last week I bought some synthetic melatonin cuz the 'real' one is banned over here and that did'nt help either you'll get a giggle out of this, one night I took a sleep aid went to bed and after a couple of hours of trying to get to sleep I got bored got up and went out! maybe i should go to a zoo and get one of those things that they put an elephant out with

Going to the mall to get some fresh air that will blow the cobwebs away
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 05:07 PM   #39  
It is what it is...

Cathy - That is too funny I hope that you get some sleep soon, I know it can make you feel pretty crappy....thanks for the well wishes, if I really get to thinking about it I have alot of headaches in the summer, I tend to always feel better once it gets cold, might have something to do with the humidity and my allerigies....

Hope everyone has a good evening...I have gotta run a few errands after work so I will be getting home later and will most likely be starving
Old 06-23-2004, 05:45 PM   #40  

Carri: My sister has chronic headaches and her doctor told her to switch from advil to tylenol and back. In other words a couple days advil then tylenol than back etc.

Cat: Have you tried taking 2 Benadryl? They knock me out after about an hour or so. One trick I have learned is to limit distractions like tv and after taking meds do something that will cause normal sleepiness like reading or listening to soft music. Also they recommend warm baths after taking sleeping meds to relax you enough to let them start working. Do you have sleep disruptions, like pets, someone coming into your room etc? If so, they need to be squelched to because some of us are just naturally light sleepers. Blocking out light with masks can help when administered with the above stuff too.

Boy am I ever hurting. I have a backache and my neck and shoulders are killing me all knotted from the sling. Jack went to get new bandages for me so he can wrap my arm again and I may leave off the sling and just sty and sleep with the bandage tonight. He gave me a neck and shoulder rub but I am pretty knotted so when he gets back and gets me wrapped he is going to put on Icy Hot, which usually does the trick for me with any sore muscles.

You ladies all have a terrific night!

Faye
Old 06-24-2004, 06:20 AM   #41  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so make time for yourself today and do something fun!

Check in later this morning girls!

Faye
Old 06-24-2004, 09:16 AM   #42  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls - Hope everyone is well, or are ya even up???

Faye - I feel so bad for you...I hope you can get some relief soon Thanks for the pain meds advise I think I have heard of that one before, I will try it...although ( knock on wood ) I havent had one since yesterday afternoon, I notice I tend to get them mainly at work too, could be staring at a computer all day or stress Boy do I need a new job!!

Cat - Also do you like to read? If I read a book for a while in bed I get so sleepy and I am right off. I am a light sleeper and anything can wake me up so I get woke up by my dh about 5 times a night ( God love him, ha )
Were you able to get some rest last night?

Only 3 points last night, got home too late to exercise but it is on the agenda today and I will be a 4 pointer tomorrow...I do have some loss to post this week ( finally ) but will not do it until tomorrow...hope you all have a great day
Old 06-24-2004, 09:36 AM   #43  
Gym'll fix it!!

Grrr I've been awake all night my brain just won't switch off my body is wracked with pain, both hips and lower back are killing me so that does'nt help i think i'll get some painkillers and try that for some reason i have an aversion to taking them yet i'll try every other concoction to help me sleep I must have watched every infomercial known to man its amazing what crap you can buy at 3.30 in the morning. Faye and I should star in a movie called GRUMPY OLD WOMEN!

Carri, I don't like to read my mind wanders too much so i'll try other drugs I lay on the sofa and watched tv until 4.30 then i went downstairs to try the bed that did'nt work so i gave up at 5.30 and made a cuppa hopefully i'll get some tonight. I have to get away from hubby when i'm like that cuz i get frustrated and angry watching him sleep ( not to mention listening to him snore ) when i can't BBL
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:07 AM   #44  

MAN! I have icicles hanging off me this morning! BRRR! The pool was freezing. We had a cold front move in and caused rain all day yesterday and the day before they had filled the pool and they use cold water so the combo made it cold working out. I got in my workout though!

Carri: Girl you are gonna have to find a way to RELAX when you get home. Oh and try doing little exercises with your shoulders, neck legs and feet while sitting at your desk. It really relieves stress. I can find you some specifics if you like.

I think I will make a small peach cobbler today. I have a really good lowfat biscuit recipe and frozen peaches I can use. I get tired of just plain fruit all the time and I can just incorporate it into my program.

No newsy here today so I will check you out later.

Faye
Old 06-24-2004, 11:32 AM   #45  

Good Morning ladies!

Just a quick check in.....4 points yesterday. The aerobics class was great! The teacher was more dance oriented than most, so the routines weren't boring. I think I'll be able to stick with this until the end of summer. She only runs it for the summer anyway.

Well, my dad is here for 3 days and it's a good thing the kids are here cuz he has no interest in my life whatsoever! I tried sharing my photography with him (cuz he's a photographer..) and he couldn't be more bored. He hasn't seen me in 2 years, and hasn't even mentioned the fact that I'm 60 POUNDS LIGHTER!!! NOT A WORD........well, that's what I get for expecting him to care. Really don't know what the **** we're gonna do for 3 days. This too shall pass.

Faye, I didn't want to say anything to discourage you, but I think Carrie (or Cat?) was right. If it's been a month since you injured your arm, there's probably nothing they can do for you now unless they go back and rebreak it. If there's tendon/ligament damage, that takes alot longer to heal. Hope the pain goes away soon.

Carrie, can't wait to see your losses tomorrow!

AManda, Jaymie, Cat, etc......hope you're having a great day.

Gotta fly,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote