Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 03:38 AM   #91  
Onward and downward!

Hi Chickies,

A difficult day today, I have had so much work to do and when I had the opportunity to go for my walk, it was raining. I didn't feel like doing an exercise video, so today I haven't exercised , will do better tomorrow. Food has been great today.

Elisha - Hope your work day went OK. It's always the way, you lack energy on your day off, but could run a marathon when you have to work!

Mel - Give the scale time - it will start to show weight loss. I was a member of Weight Watchers a few years ago, and I remember advice given to me by the leader when I was impatient with my slow weight loss, despite following the program. She told me to measure myself as well as weighing in, as the body will not lose pounds and inches at the same time - it's one or the other. I have recently re-measured myself and will do it about every 4-6 weeks. Well done with breakfast .

Until tomorrow,

Lucia
Old 07-09-2004, 07:49 AM   #92  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Quick Post!

UGH! It's Friday and I haven't done a darned thing this week to get this weight off that I gained over vacation! In fact, I have done just the opposite! Needless to say, it's been a difficult week and I was not at all prepared food wise and really have not found a moment to myself all week for exercise (I know, I should be doing it right now, huh?)! GRRR!!

So, I am comitting to working hard next week, getting my meals prepped (some of them) or at least planned and then getting back on the band wagon for exercise! I NEED to do this and it's not gonna happen unles I commit! So you heard it here!

I'm gong to get through the weekend without worrying about things and then on Monday will start with the plan! Thanks for all the support, though chickies. It really keeps me going! I appreciate it!

Will be back later to post another entry! Love yu gals!!!
Old 07-09-2004, 01:36 PM   #93  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Wow... breakfast three days in a row... this must be some sort of record for me! Yesterday's results have me feeling really pumped up! As soon as I finish this, I'm gonna toss my sneaks on and head out for a walk with my daughter. Amazing!

Hoping to get pilates and weight training in today as well... oh and I also have to find time to clean the house (friends coming from out of town for the weekend). Wow. Lot's to do and the clock is ticking away....!

Lucia... Thanks for the advice on being patient... I will try to remember that. Don't worry about not having time to exercise today... you're eating healthy so that certainly makes up for a missed day of working out.

Hikein2005... It's hard to get back on track after vacationing, isn't it? Don't fret, I'm sure you'll do great next week!

Well, I hope you all have a happy and healthy day... take care... all the best!

~mel
Old 07-09-2004, 05:55 PM   #94  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Howdy chicks!

Whew! Had to work early this morning, so I didn't get to post early, but that's ok, because I've got all evening free. I'm going to eat dinner as soon as I'm done posting, so my tummy will be all settled down in time for me to squeeze in some exercise this evening. As I forecasted, no exercise yesterday. I need to get my lazy butt out of bed earlier. The past few nights I haven't been sleeping well--I can't seem to get my brain to shut up. You know how some situations just stick in your head until you figure out some sort of solution? Well, there's 2 or 3 right now that I just canNOT solve, and it's driving me crazy. I'm blaming it completely on MEN. Yeah, that should about sum it up.
Anyway, yesterday's calories came in around 1500 (I think--don't remember exactly, but I was 163 under target, which was probably around 1600 or so). Today my calories are a little high for not having dinner yet--about 900 already, and I have a feeling I'm going to be hungry later tonight too. Our store had an ice cream social today because we reached our credit goals last month (first time in a while), and I couldn't help but have a small serving. But I didn't eat any of the cake! And it was very good. Staying away from sweets makes them taste better when you do actually have some. It's amazing.
Anyway, today will be a little tight, but I think I'll make it. And I've got a bunch of calories in my "calorie bank." I still have yet to figure out how I'm supposed to eat *exactly* 1653 calories each and every day, or whatever random number the software picks, so I always have a few calories left over. I'm trying not to use them though. I'm trying to have a whole pound of calories in reserve! That might take me a few weeks!
Ok, I feel like I'm starting to ramble, so I'm going to head for some dinner. I'll be back after I exercise to let you all know I actually did it!
Have a lovely evening!
~Elisha
Old 07-09-2004, 09:56 PM   #95  
Bound and Determined

Ok, so I got in a 20-minute walk, but it was a slow one. But hey, 20 minutes is 20 minutes, and the walk would have been the same distance no matter how fast I was going, and it ends up burning the same number of calories either way, so it's all good. Calories are at 1459 today, so I'm in good shape there. I think it helps me to check in after my workout, because I feel like I can't come back if I don't get my exercise in--there's motivation to work out!
Anyway, that's about it for me tonight. Hope you're all having a lovely evening!
See you tomorrow!
~Elisha
Old 07-10-2004, 01:35 AM   #96  
Bound and Determined

Exclamation Motivational Quote of the Day

Over-optimism is waiting for your ship to come in when you haven't sent one out. --Irv Riley
Old 07-10-2004, 08:03 AM   #97  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_elisha
Over-optimism is waiting for your ship to come in when you haven't sent one out. --Irv Riley

Love it, Love it, Love it!!!!! I think sometimes I am waiting for that eternal ship!!!! LOLOL!
Old 07-10-2004, 12:20 PM   #98  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! Julie, Lucia, Mel, and Elisha!!! Today is weigh-in day. I gained 2 lbs!! I wasn’t looking for a loss, since I hadn’t exercised like I was supposed to and I definitely hadn’t eaten right. Plus the 3 lb loss for last week. But I’m not disappointed really. I am a little in myself for not working as hard as I should have, but it’s not the end of the world. There’s always tomorrow. Today so far, I’ve exercised 60 minutes with Denise Austin on hips, legs, thighs, butt, and a little cardio, yoga, and pilates. Then I exercised with my step tape that came with my step…(53 min) that was a JOKE!! It was ADVANCED step!!! I barely did most of the moves, I just did the basic steps or added on somethings I remembered and kept going!! It also had abs, and weights too. That was pretty good. Now I’m good and tired. It took a lot of extra work between popping my daughter (because she kept trying to pick up my weights or jump on my back and my stomach.. Etc.. ) and fussing at the darned dog!! But I did it. I’ts been soo hard though. My daughter didn’t go to sleep until after 1 am, and at 6:45 this morning she pops up all bright and early. But I know from experience that if I don’t exercise in the morning… it won’t happen. I have to cook a big dinner today. BBQ Ribs (oven), dirty rice, potato salad, and macaroni. Everything will be made with an extra effort to make it healthier of course.. But I can’t even imagine the calories in that meal. My hubby is working today, and we don’t have much money, so I need to make sure we have something to eat instead of going out to eat. Anyways that’s about all I have time for today. I’ll try to come back & comment later… but I need to get started before time fly by as usual. I hope everyone is having a great day!!!!
Old 07-10-2004, 12:57 PM   #99  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Motivation today: 6

Not bad, but again, I have to work all stinking day, so I won't really get a chance to use it. Our store is having a great big sale and we're open until 11pm! Argh.... I hate late nights at work. And it's pouring down the rain outside, so that just makes everything icky. Today is one of those days where we have a ton of food in the house, but nothing I want to eat. *sigh*
I think I might have a modified grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast (i.e. skip the butter and use a little cooking spray on the bread to save on fat an calories), but I'm not sure yet. Lunch will probably be a turkey, mayo, and lettuce sandwich, some FF chips, and applesauce. As for dinner, who knows? Something quick when I get home, because I know Mom won't want to cook when she gets off work.

You know, I think we're all guilty of saying, "tomorrow is another day," or, "I'll get back on track tomorrow," etc. I do it all the time. Now I don't want any of you to take this personally, because I don't mean to be picking on anyone but myself, but for me that is just an excuse not to do well right now. I said on the Labor Day Challenge board (in response to Julie's wonderful questions) that my biggest obstacle is making excuses for myself. The way for me to overcome that is to catch myself making those excuses and snap out of it. So if any of you catch me slipping into that "Oh, I'll do it tomorrow" mentality, give me a good hearty kick in the butt! (Or go find that tazer!) I deserve to be healthy RIGHT NOW!!! As do all of you. And there's no reason we shouldn't be.

Ok, todays' rant was a short one.

I'll be back after work to let you all know how my day stacked up. Have a lovely day ladies.
~Elisha
Old 07-10-2004, 08:42 PM   #100  
motomom

Default It's Saturday Night...

...and I ain't got a penny...
I got some money cause I just got paid..
oh how I wish I had someone to talk to...
I'm in an awful way!!!

Anyone recognize that song or am I dating myself!

Actually, Elisha... I was thinking about you as I typed that! Your Friday night sounded just grand to me! I love the idea of painting my nails and taking a bath and just pampering myself! Maybe I should try that sometime! Hmmm...anyone want to volunteer to come get my daughter and husband for a night???? You are always so full of inspiration and upbeat messages and I especially can relate to your comment about saying "Well, tomorrow is another day" because I have been doing that all week. Was it me you were talking to??? I think so!!!!

I talked to hubby tonight about getting back on track on Monday. I asked him to let me know what kinds of things he wants for meals, so I can plan ahead and get the right groceries. If he doesn't tell me what he wants, it's all about me, then!!!! Right? But I do promise that Monday morning is going to start back on track with healthy eating and exercise. I am going to try one of those free websites that you all talk about to track calories and what not! I do KNOW what I have to do to get the weight off...and I WAS doing it for the week before vacation, so I just need to get back on the right track again. I am always inspired by what all of you have to say and what you are doing to keep focused and on track.

Macdeez...hope you got everything done you wanted to get done! I know how that feels to be behind the 8 ball trying to scramble at the last minute when you have company coming!

Lucia...sorry you were having a difficult day yesterday. That's always tough, but at least the food was on target. You seem to be doing so well this past week or so! I'm proud of you. When I get back on track, I hope to be doing as well! I'm going to aim high this challenge (Labor Day) and go for the full 10#. I know that's probably unrealistic, but if I make 5#, it will be better than the last 3 months!!!! And it cant' hurt to try, right? I wanted to be at 159 for my 43rd birthday, but that is in 2 weeks and I would have to lose 10# by then! I don't think so!!!!

Jaymi, You are sounding more positive this post. Glad to hear it chickie! Way to take care of yourself! Be gentle with your baby, though...she's only going to be little once! She just wants your attention...let her exercise with you! Maybe you could incorporate her into your exercise routine...like lay on the floor and have her "fly" on your feet! That's a great work out! Or let her lay/sit on your tummy or legs while you do crunches! I know it's easier said than done, but if she sees that it's a FUN thing to do, maybe later you and her will have fun exercising together! My daughter loves to exercise with me. I let her play with my weights (if she can pick them up) and jump around with me when I do my tapes. She thinks its fun. It only lasts a short time with her and sometimes she does get in the way and I remind her that this is MY time to exercise and she can exercise too, but she can't get in my way! I know your DD is too young to understand all that, but give her something that she thinks is like a weight to lift and let her dance with you!! Just some thoughts from a Mom just like you! Hugs!

OK enough rambling for the night! Catch you all tomorrow!
Old 07-11-2004, 02:07 AM   #101  
Bound and Determined

Julie, that song doesn't date you at all--I know all the words too, and I'm only 24! But yes, it does sound a little like my life of late, doesn't it? Another Saturday night...
But no, that "tomorrow" comment was not in reference to you. It was just one of those epiphanies of mine that strike every once in a while, usually when I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing, then I end up regretting it.

Jaymi, I know I'm not a mom, so I don't really have any room to talk here, but I agree with Julie. Maybe you can try to include your daughter in your exercise, then it will be fun for both of you. Plus, she will get in the habit and won't have to deal with weight problems later in life. I wish my parents had encouraged healthy habits like exercising when I was little, then it wouldn't be such a battle now. That's actually one of my main reasons for wanting to get healthy: I want to have kids a few years from now, and not only do I need a healthy body to support us during pregnancy and labor, but I want to be able to set a healthy example for my children and teach them healthy habits so they don't have to go through what I've gone though. I want them to have people ask them to the prom, and I want them to wear cute clothes, and I want them to have self-confidence, and I want them to think of themselves as beautiful, and I want them to be healthy for a very very very long time.
Ok, that was a bit of a ramble right there. *Ahem* Sorry.
Besides that, exercise makes you sleep better. I imagine that goes for kids too.

Lucia, we all have hard days. The important thing is not to give up. It's good that you're staying positive. I usually end up doing the same thing--food is all well and good, but no exercise in sight. Better one thing than none, I guess.

Mel, breakfast is a wonderful thing. I find that if I don't eat something for breakfast--even something small like a bagel or a poptart or SOMEthing--I am hungry all freaking day and I end up snacking and consuming way more calories than would have been in my breakfast. It's good that you're keeping up with your walking--any exercise counts! And once you get into the habit, it starts to feel natural and you actually WANT to do it. Eesh, I need to get back into that habit about now...

Anyway, today was ok. Calories were a little over budget, but I had a whole bunch in my "calorie bank" so it's all good. Breakfast and lunch were as I said, but lunch was turkey salami instead of just plain turkey. Whatever. Then my best friend invited me over for guacamole after work, and guacamole is one of those foods I just cannot say no to. Guacamole, cornbread, and alfredo. Anything else I can refuse, or at least limit to a very small quantity, but not those three things. I'm helpless. Man, I'm going to have to have pasta tomorrow, I've been craving pasta like a fiend. Ok, random tangent...
Anyway, as I projected, no exercise today. Tomorrow, however, is another story. Short(er) shift at work, with both morning and evening free. I have a feeling, however, that exercise will have to be in the evening, as my morning will be occupied with sleeping, since it is already after 2am and I'm still wide awake. Damn this insomnia!

Ok, that's it for me tonight. See you all tomorrow, and have a wonderful day!
~Elisha
Old 07-11-2004, 02:12 AM   #102  
Bound and Determined

Exclamation Motivational Quote of the Day

It is not our abilities that determine who we are; it is our choices. –Albus Dumbledore, from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Gotta love Dumbledore.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:25 PM   #103  

Hello all. I posted my intro over on the Labor Day Challenge board, actually thinking I was putting it here. It doesn't matter. I had a very hard day - just feeling quite depressed for several reasons. The important thing is that for the most part I did not turn to food for comfort, which is a wonderful non-scale victory (nsv) for me. Tomorrow I begin counting calories again. As I've said over on the other board, I have got to finish what I've started here with this weight loss thing. I have a 10lb challenge for Labor Day. It is completely doable, but as Elisha's post above states, its not about abilities (what's doable), but its about choices. So tomorrow I take the calorie book off the shelf. When I stay conscious of everything I put in my mouth I always see results immediately. Its just a matter of doing it. So why do I ever stop? Why do I fall off the wagon? I'm certainly not happy here at 175, but obviously there is a certain amount of contentment. Somewhere along the way, as I became an acceptable size on the outside (size 10), I lost my drive, my edge. That desire way down deep to lose weight the right way, healthy eating and exercise. It is more than a chore for me now to get to the walking trail after work. Once I'm there I feel great. Its just the getting there. I just returned from my family reunion in South Carolina where my closest cousin has lost a ton of weight on the South Beach Diet. I was so tempted to run right out and buy the book and start following it. As if that was the key to my continuing losing weight. Of course I was just being silly. Not knocking the plan or anything, its obviously working for her. But counting calories, getting my water in, and exercising, have not failed me. I have failed. Its just a matter of me doing them again, earnestly. With a focus on being the healthiest me I can be.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:50 PM   #104  
motomom

Default Tomorrow's the big day!

I just finished my last "crap" meal! Tomorrow starts a new day for me and I will back up and running with the rest of you chickies! I have prepped some food today and will continue with some more tomorrow for the rest of the week and through the weekend! I have to help out at vacation bible school this week, so meals with be quick. I am thinking some crock pot meals, not only because they are easy to access after work, but also can be healthy and no cooking (it's supposed to be a hot week)! Anyone with any good recipes for crock pot cooking!? I'll post that same message on the journals, too! I'm sure I'll get some good references!

So my goals for this week are the same every day:
Exercise: at least 1 mile WATP in the morning before work or 20 minutes (or more) on the exercise bike
Meals: Menu being planned as I write this but most of them will be made ahead of time!
Water: Drink 80 oz. every day!
Journal: Food eaten, exercise performed each night here before going to bed.

That all makes me accountable to you chickies and I hope that someone will hold me to it and let me know when I have failed myself...because sometimes I don't like to admit it!

tensforlife: Way to be honest with yourself. You are headed in the right direction for success. You've come to the right group!

Elisha (I always spell your name Elisah and then have to correct myself...my fingers are typing too fast for my brain!) Both of us...back on track tomorrow. It starts a new day and a new way of thinking, right? You have been doing great, now is not the time to mess it up. Ask me, I'm an expert at that! ((((((((((Elisha)))))))))))))

That's about it for now! I'll be back tomorrow night (late probably) with my success rating for the day! I'm going for all !!!

Hugs chickies!
Old 07-11-2004, 10:57 PM   #105  

Height: 5 foot

Hey All! I know what both of you are saying Julie and Elisha!! But it hasnt been working! I end up not exercising at all. I pop my daughter because she climbs on top of the couch and trys to pull the weights down! I can't put them any higher than that.. or I won't be able to reach them!! Her attention span is like 1 minute! So she does the exercises with me for like 30 seconds.. and then it's off to turn the tv off, or turn the channel, or dig in the garbage..etc... That's why I try to do it while she is sleeping!! Yeah right!! Oh well, here is another sorry excuse for a post for right now. I know you all are getting tired of seeing “short” post, I feel like I am not doing my part …. Actually I know I’m not doing my part. I should be more supporting, and making more comments. This is not an excuse, but if my computer had DSL I could do 15x’s more. It takes soo long to just load a page, that I barely have time to do anything else. I wish I had more time to get to know you all, and all the newbies to get to know me! I wish I had more time to support the friends here that I have already made! I’ve had to go to copying and pasting my posts to even make sure I’m here everyday. That really sucks!! But I want to try harder… I need to designate a time just for you all… I just can’t seem to find it. If I do it in the morning… I lolly-gag and don’t get my exercises done. Then if I wait until later, hubby or sis complains about me being on here all day… So I don’t know, but I will figure something out soon. I miss being able to read and comment every single post, that helped me out with a lot of my own problems…But I want you all who don’t know me that I’m a better person then you are seeing right now… I just suck right now!! And to all of you who already know me, you all know that I can be better than this.. So please work with me… and try to bear with me!! Well we had a busy today.. Our so called “family day” So I will try to update you all later!! BTW I lost 2 of those lbs I gained back… but of course I worked out like 4 times yesterday.. Today none yet,,, but I will!! Anyways gotta get outta here and get ready for bed!! Talk to you all later!! BTW Welcome Tens for LIFE!!!
Closed Thread