Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 12:26 AM   #181  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Exclamation Motivational Quote of the Day

The greatest responsibility entrusted to man is that of developing himself. ** William Ross
Old 07-29-2004, 08:02 PM   #182  

Talk about being motivationally challenged......I haven't posted in at least a couple days I think and it is a pure lack of motivation. I didn't work out Monday or Tuesday but did walk over an hour yesterday & today. I'm doing my short power walks twice a day at work, making sure I get 10k steps a day, and then an hour power walk in the evening. My food has been decent. Not perfect in terms of nutrition, but I don't see where I can eat any less food. Well maybe not that uncalled for bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch last night..... but you know what I mean. That was an isolated incident. TOM is over and I expected the scale to return to its lower point of 171-172. Its more like 173-174. I'm tired. I only want to lose 10-12lbs and it is harder than when I had to lose 40lbs! Every month is the same thing. I lose a couple of pounds and then lose it during TOM. Yes there is bloating involved, but there is also me just plain losing it during that time period and taking 2 steps backwards. So I'm feeling low. Not like giving up or anything, just low. My walks have been feeling good. I feel good physically. My clothes are fitting nicely. Its just that darn scale! And although I know muscle weighs more than fat, I'm not gaining any muscle because I haven't been doing any strength training at all. So that's not it. Its just me being stuck. Well, so as not to depress everyone, I'm going to sign off. If I don't post tomorrow, rest assured I'm here lurking, while possibly not feeling like typing. Sorry I'm being such a sour puss. There is absolutely no reason for me to post over on the Labor Day Challenge thread since that goal seems very far away.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:25 AM   #183  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Everyone! Damn yesterday was almost cause for Divorce! But seriously, I did get a tad carried away in the clearance isle… but only about 32.00 worth! And clothes ranged from 2.00 to 4.00! Oh… I bought 2 pair of tennis shoes for $1.00 each!! Now how could I pass that up!!! They were of course for the baby, but they are a size 7 which are too big…but that means that later I won’t have to buy her none! I only bought a couple of things for me.. Just some sports bras and tights for 3.00, I bought a couple of dresses for my daughter and 1 pair of shorts for my son. I wanted to buy more for him…. But they didn’t have any thing in his size. I hate that! School is starting soon. Again.. I’ve been up since 5:30 and it’s almost 7 and I haven’t done anything. Well I folded 2 loads of clothes because the hubby took them out last night.. And you know how it is when it cools off… All WRINKLY! So.. Anyways I had to put them back in the dryer and fold them. I had planned to exercise before Denise Austin came on… but didn’t happen. I guess I have to put up my babies toddler bed myself…. Waiting on “other people” to do it… will never happen.. Or it won’t happen NOW!! I did ok with eating.. Until!! I got hungry and ended up eating 2 chocolate donuts… and some skittles. And… I ate a double cheeseburger. What else can I do?!? I did exercise.. But not enough to burn off all of those calories.. I walked in Walmart for OVER an hour.. But not sure if that counts! Oh.. Back to the money thingy… I spent too much …. As usual. But…. I only spent about 45.00 on groceries for the week, and 35.00 on household items.. If he went shopping himself.. Then he wouldn’t complain. I went to the store with him the other day… and he kept picking up stuff that we didn’t need. But he doesn’t think he should have to because he works… Well, shut up then! We needed the stuff I bought.. Except for the pictures! Oh, and the ink cartridges for the printer was 60.00!!! Da*n, I can almost buy another printer! But I have been without ink on this printer for over a month. I even called and asked him about it. I bought myself another watch… *only 6 bucks* because mine broke…and another alarm clock *which was on clearance for 7 bucks* because I can’t hear mine anymore… and I need to wake up!!! So what ever! Anyways I gotta go start exercising. Weigh-in is tomorrow… and If I weigh more than 145 I will go on a starvation diet… or jump off a bridge..either one. Nah… but that would make me very depressed…. That would be over 6 lbs gained in 2 weeks…. And although some people might not understand how important 6 lbs is…. To me… It’s a big freakin deal!!!! Anyone who have been here through it with me knows how hard I have worked to lose 6 lbs (which takes almost 2 months to lose) and to turn around and gain it back in so less of time.. Pisses me off. I refuse to step on the scale until tomorrow morning. Today is a new day…. And I’m gonna try to not eat any candy.. And be good. I don’t have any sweets in here so that should help. Well I want to at least exercerse before 7:30, so I need to post this.. And come back later and leave comments. I hope everyone has had a great morning so far! Be back soon!
Old 07-30-2004, 10:34 AM   #184  
Bound and Determined

We succeed in enterprises which demand the positive qualities we possess, but we excel in those which can also make use of our defects. --Tocqueville
Old 07-30-2004, 10:53 AM   #185  
Bound and Determined

Morning ladies!

Motivation level: 6

I'm motivated to do well today, but I am NOT motivated to exercise. I think today might just be my second day off. For some reason I am just plain tired. Not, not "for some reason," I'm tired because Mother Nature has to go and play nasty little tricks on us like PMS. Which is also causing my weight to hover at 205... grrr. I'm a little upset about that. I just keep telling myself that it will drop at least 2 pounds after ToM, so it will all work out. It just seems to stall for 2 weeks before hand, in which time I should have lost about 4 pounds, then it only drops 2. It's frustrating.

This challenge of mine has been really good for me though. I almost didn't exercise last night, then I thought that if I didn't I couldn't meet my challenge goal (which was wrong anyway), and then I told my friend at work that I was getting on the stairclimber, and she would hold me accountable (which is a very good thing). So I got on, saying that I would do at least 20 minutes, and after that I could decide if I wanted to go for 30. And I ended up doing 30.

Ok, so to completely change the subject, I've been thinking of moving this thread to the Support Groups Forum. We're all on the Labor Day Challenge board, and I think we get tired of posting and reading the same things twice. So the theory is, if we move the board to a different forum, we'll get some different traffic, maybe some new conversations, maybe even some new motivation. Also, I plan on setting up a daily or weekly challenge (like the one I did this week) along with my daily quotes. I might need some help with the creativity though, so if you have any challenge suggestions they're more than welcome (PM them to me please). I'm planning on setting it up Sunday. I'll post a link here so you can find it easily.
Let me know what you think.

Anyway, that's it from me today. I'll be back this evening to let you know how my day turned out. Have a great day everyone!
~Elisha
Old 07-30-2004, 01:20 PM   #186  

Elisha- Sounds great about moving the thread.. Either way… I’ll be here… and you still might hear my repeat post… when I have limited times.. But you could forgive me anyways.. Right!! That is SOO Great about you getting your exercise in.. I’m proud of you!

Michelle- You stop this nonsense right now!!! I don’t want to hear about you feeling down on yourself like this! This isn’t easy…. Life isn’t easy.. And we can’t give up! Don’t be so hard on yourself… especially because that scale isn’t moving….. As long as you worry about that scale… it’ll keep you down! I know I sound hypocritical.. But I also know the truth. Weight isn’t everything… it’s your health that is important. And even though I’ve forgotten my challenge (almost) for the Labor day thread.. I still try to post there…. And I want to see you there too!!! Hey…. I want you to keep up the good work… and don’t give up! Ya hear!!!

Julie, Lucia…. Come back!! I miss ya!

Well that‘s it for now.. I think I got everyone.. If I didn’t SORRY!!!!

I Gotta go clean up… again…. and try to exercise again during nap time! OH!! I did the whole Kathy Smith tape this time!!!!! YAYYYY!!! Last time I could only do 20 minutes!!! Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 07-31-2004, 07:51 AM   #187  
Bound and Determined

It is easier to do a job right than to explain why you didn't. ** Anonymous
Old 07-31-2004, 07:55 AM   #188  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Motivation level: 8

Believe it or not, I've already done my exercise for the day! Only 20 minutes though, on the stairclimber. I told myself I'd do 20, then if I felt like it go for another 10. Well, after the first 10 my head was pounding to the rhythm of my steps, and the next 10 didn't help, so I stopped there.

So exercise is good today. Food probably won't be. Jerry is taking me out to dinner, then we're going to the drive-in. I'll have a light breakfast and lunch to make up for dinner though, and I'll do my best at the restaurant.

Anyway, I don't have time to sit and chat, so I'd better go. I hope everyone is having a great day, and is doing awesome with their challenge! See you this evening!
~Elisha
Old 07-31-2004, 11:49 AM   #189  

Good Morning! Well I’m good and sore today. I exercised yesterday.. But then I got upset and ended up cleaning up the whole house….. Packing up everything! I still got some stuff to do today. I went ahead and just put up her toddler bed… she sleep in it all night!!! I barely slept though…. I kept being afraid she would fall out! I’ve already got a great hour long workout in for this morning! Although I am SICK to my stomach… for some unknown reason. Today is also weigh-in day. I have lost 4 lbs!! Yay! Almost back to where I started! Hopefully I can keep it up! I didn’t reach my goal for the month of July.. But that’s ok! Here’s to next month! I DID however lose inches off my hips, waist, and thighs, arms, and leg from two weeks ago! Total inches lost from 7-17-04…. 6.5!!! So for me.. The pound goal doesn’t matter that much! I still ended up losing 3 lbs for the month. It definitively is slowing down… but I like the inches dropping though! That makes me excited! Today I guess I’ll cook Spicy Onion burgers.. I don’t have any wheat buns.. so I’ll make me some burgers with ground turkey. Here is the recipe if you want it.. It’s pretty simple though:

Spicy Onion Burgers
Prep/Cook Time: 20 min.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
1 pouch Campbell's® Dry Onion Soup and Recipe Mix
6 hamburger rolls
Lettuce leaves
Tomato slices
Avocado slices

Directions:
MIX thoroughly beef, picante sauce and soup mix. Shape firmly into 6 patties, 1/2" thick each.

GRILL patties 10 min. or until done.

SERVE in rolls with lettuce, tomato, avocado and additional picante sauce. Serves 6.

Well that’s all I got planned for today. It looks like it’s gonna be rainy day. The sun is out… but it’s still raining pretty hard. Well I hope everyone has a great day! I’m just gonna finish cleaning and cooking for the day. Maybe record some of my Murder She Wrote Episodes.. Or read the book I never started. I hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 07-31-2004, 07:32 PM   #190  

Hi all
It is pretty quiet around here, so Elisha you may be on to something with moving this thread. I'll go where ever. Glad to see you're motivated to at least exercise some, even if not for a long time. That's a great deal to make with yourself - to at least do the minimum with the possibility of going further if you feel like it. I tend to think in terms of all or nothing. If I don't feel like walking for an hour then it hardly seems worth the effort. But I know that's not true. Have fun on your date tonight! Can't wait to hear about it.

Jaymi - Thanks for the encouraging words. I don't know why I"m in such a funk. Congratulations on 4lbs down as well as the inches lost! In spite of the bad food days here and there that you've had you are doing awesome! Great recovery!

Food today was ok, although I did have a Twix. I can still salvage the day however. I didn't exercise at all. I just wanted to sleep in for once so that's exactly what I did. I so rarely get the opportunity to. My husband had to leave early for work at about 8 I think and after he left I just laid around on the sofa watching cartoons, eating cereal, and then dozing. It was a wonderful morning. Then by 1pm it was time to start running my errands (drug store, grocery store, car wash, gas station, hair dresser). Its been a full day. But even with all of the errands I ran I just checked my pedometer and I'm only at 3,081, so I'll be lucky to break 5,000 today Not good. Well I really should sign off and do a little more around here.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:35 PM   #191  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default A good day for shopping!

Well ladies...I am once again motivated to continue with this journey! I did manage to lose those extra pounds and am back down into the 160's! Phew! OK, so it's only 169, but hey...maybe by Tuesday I can be at 168 again! So...once again...another month with NO weight loss! I am not discouraged though!

My day today was as follows:
Up early to hit the County Fair to see the horse competition this morning. My sister spent the night with her littlest son (same age as our DD-4.5) so we could do the Fair together!
After the fair, dropped DD and DN off at my sister's house so BIL could watch them while we hit the sidewalk sales in Holland (where she works)!
***So far, lots of walking casually but pulling a wagon through sand has to count for something!***

Here's the BEST PART OF MY DAY!!!! Remember that my goal is to hike the Adirondacks next Summer. Well, I have been looking for some good hiking/walking shoes AND a backpack! I found the deal of the century today! Tevo walking/hiking shoes regular $80 (probably more, but these were year end close outs) for only $30.00!!!!! AND....I'm so excited...I now have my very own Eureka Back Pack (it's a 3-day pack with enclosed aluminum bars vs. big bulky frame). OK, now guess how much I paid for it????? ONLY $30.00!!!!!!! They had that marked $80.00 too, but I know they go for more in retail stores!!!

I think I'm going to take my Tasha dog tomorrow and go for a hike at one of the local state parks to try out my new shoes. I won't go for too long, just incase they need breaking in some! A good 30 minutes, though or more! Probalby more because once I get walking out there, I may not be able to stop!!! It's right on Lake MIchigan and is so beautiful!

I know I haven't checked in here most of the week partly because I've been so busy but partly because there hasn't been much to tell. I didn't exercise on Friday morning (got up too late!) and todays wasn't aerobic, but plenty of movement which has to count for something! Food has not been good today (Fair food-part of an elephant ear, part of an order of french fries, a couple of bites of corn dog and then I split a NON sugar free Latte with my sister when we went shopping!) , but the rest of the week has been ok! I had more than the alloted brownie, though....so I am going to attempt again this week to steer clear of those kinds of goodies! OK, I am rethinking about what the scales might show on Tuesday if I don't get cracking tomorrow and Monday!!! Where's that tazer?????

Michelle...sleeping in sounds good. I told hubby tomorrow that if he decides he doesn't want to go to church int he morning, I may just sleep in too! I haven't done that in so long! Sleeping in for me means anything past 8am!!!! I can never sleep past that no matter howlate I stay up at night! But usually my body clock wakes me up between 5:30 and 6:30!! UGH!
Keep doing those little bits of exercise because every bit helps...really!

Jaymi...so glad you got the baby's bed put together! I knew you would do it! You are super human, girl!!! And I'm glad she didn't fall out but sorry to hear you didn't get any sleep! Isn't that the way it goes...mother instinct kicking in! Great job on the inches and the pounds. And even though they aren't what you wanted, you had a rough month getting back into the groove and you succeeded to get off what you gained, so that counts for something, doesn't it? No one said this would be easy, right??? Geesh, don't I know that!!! Hope you feel better too!

Elisha...just let me know where and when you move the thread! I will try to find you! Can't be without my Motivationally Challenged chickies! We gotta stick together! I have some questions for challenges for you and will PM them to you later! Hope you are having loads of fun on your date! A drive in movie sounds so cool! I am glad you are enjoying each other! So happy for you chickie!

Hold me to my walk tomorrow, girls! I may find a million reasons (like laundry, housework, etc.) not to go...but I really need to do this!

Hugs to all!
JUlie
Old 08-01-2004, 09:31 AM   #192  
Bound and Determined

I can't imagine a person becoming a success who doesn't give this game of life everything he's got. --Walter Cronkite
Old 08-01-2004, 02:54 PM   #193  

Hello Everyone! Well today is boring as usual. The baby went to sleep. I took it upon myself to sleep late today… 9:30! I wake up at 5:30 every other morning.. Decided to take this one off. I cooked some Smothered chicken, okra and tomatoes… and corn for everyone else.. The rice will be cooked later. The okra tastes.. Eat-able.. I couldn’t get in touch with my grandmother to find out what else I needed to do… So I guessed… and needless to say it doesn’t taste like hers… I’m going to write it down next time….. You know…. A lot of my favorite foods died a long with my favorite family members.. I wasn’t old enough then to ask how to fix those things…now it’s too late! But.. It’s not too late to find out from my ALIVE relatives… so … anyways…. Off of that subject. I guess I’ll do a 30 minute work-out while the baby naps and then get ready to go.. Who knows where. Hubby says there is a tropical storm watch. Yesterday was COMPLETELY MISERABLE! I just sat in the house with a headache trying to get my folders and tablets together. My old journal and stuff ran out of pages. I’ve been trying to get my recipe tablet, daily tablet.. Etc together.. Anyways My DH slept all day..which he deserves to do.. But on my day off.. Sleeping wouldn’t be my choice.. Since it isn’t possible to spend time with me and DH alone… then I would go to the pool or the beach.. Alone and just relax, read a book… something. If I had money.. I’d go shopping! But that’s just me! Anyways this freaking AOL cut off on me once already and erased everything else I’d written.. So I’m just gonna post this for now. I’ll try to update later… Hope everyone have a great day!
Old 08-01-2004, 08:01 PM   #194  
Bound and Determined

Ok, here's the link for the new "Motivationally Challenged" thread I set up in the Support Groups forum. You can read my actual post for the day on the new thread. I hope to see all of you there!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...154#post639154
Old 08-01-2004, 08:34 PM   #195  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm there!

I'm over on the new Motivationally challenged boards! Looks good Elisha. Thanks for setting it up.......and how was your date last night?
See you later!
Julie
Closed Thread