Old 06-12-2004, 11:55 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi again!
Whew! I've been on a roll! House is sparkling clean now, lol. Even the old camode. Dinner is in the crockpot and now I can post and crochet without feeling guilty, lol. I started a new afghan yesterday with that new yarn I bought and it's done in squares (like granny squares but more detailed) I was about to pull my hair out trying to understand the pattern but now I've completed the first square, only 19 more to go, lol. I think I will make this afghan for my dh's cousin who is having a baby. She is due in oct so I have plenty of time to finish, lol. I'm also going to make a matching stuffed elephant that is made out of granny squares and sooo adorable. I found that pattern in one of the crochet books I checked out at the library.
ok, enough about me...

Di have fun at the party!! Let us know how it goes later!

Lisa, I'm not leigh but I can answer your ww questions too, lol. In ww every food item has a pt value based on cals, fat and fiber content... we get so many "points" per day, a target pt. Like mine is 20 pts a day. Then we get 35 Flexpoints to use how we wish along with our target throughout the week. It's actually pretty simple. makes it alot easier than to count hundreds of cals a day you know? But check out weightwatchers.com and they have a little tour of flexpoints that will probably make it all clearer to you. And OP means on plan, oh and yes, you can eat anything on ww. Nothing is off limits, you just have to stay within your pts and you are fine. And if you exercise you earn activity pts that you can eat too... so that gives us an extra incentive to workout. And I'll clean your house if you baby sit my 3 rugrats, lol. And I'll take all those flexpoints you offered!! LOL. Congrats on getting in your walk this morning! And yes, dancing around in your living room does count as exercise! So put on some great music for me too!! (since I'll be busy cleaning, lol) But you may want to look into a workout video. Check out www.collagevideos.com and browse through some videos. You can even see 60 sec clips of them. Pretty neat.
Crystal, yes Angela's post was on the last thread. And yes, I'll probably grab a nap today too.

ok, guess I am off here to go crochet. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 11:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Well my weight loss plan. Hmmmm.....here is a typical day for me:

Stay up ALLLLLLLLLLL night long with a teething 8 month old baby.
Wake up at the crack of dawn
Eat some fruit loops while holding Austin watching Teletubbies *shudders*
Play on the floor with Austin and make faces that would make any onlookers wonder.
Grab some lunch. Possibly leftovers from dinner or something
Possibly go for a walk as long as it isn't too hot
Clean while Austin sleeps
Austin wakes up, make dinner.
Eat dinner.
Do more chores.
Go to bed.

My days are pretty busy with the baby, but well worth it. My hubby works night shifts so he can't help me at night so I'm pretty tired and never feel like going for a walk or anything. I've been trying to make myself since I do feel better after I do exercise.

I got pregnant at 185 lbs, went into the hospital to be induced at 201 lbs, now I weigh 157 lbs. I DID weigh 153 pounds about a month ago, but apparently eating a LOT of chocolate isn't good for you, haha. OOPS!

So yeah, I'm not following a strict exercise or diet plan but I need to start. I've REALLY been stressing about how it's going to be financially when my maternity pay is up. I get stressed, I eat. I get mad at hubby, I eat. I get upset, I eat. It's terrible. I need to find some other way to deal with things. Anyone else have that problem. Anyways, look forward to getting to know you all.

Angela
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 12:18 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Holy hannah!! Angela your baby is 8 months old and you are still getting maternity pay? Wowza that would be awesome There are a few of us here doing different plans, I do South Beach along with Di, and Penny. Weight Watchers girls are Spryng, Leigh, Ginny. Crystal and Lisa and Geri are calorie counters. (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong lol) And about having a hard time getting motivated, you just have to make yourself do the exercise! Just get up and say "hey no one is going to do this for me, my health is my responsibility and I'm going to do something about it" Thats my mantra lol. I know some people may think I'm a crackpot but maybe try some meditation to soothe your mind, it really works for me when I find I'm stressing out

Spryng Keep up that zip while cleaning the house!! You are doing Awesome!! I will pay you if you can crochet me that baby blanket you showed a picture of the other day! I'm totally serious

Leigh - Did that tooth of Liams poke through yet? Teagans did and I think the one next to it isn't too far behind lol.

Ohh Angela, When did you have Austin? I had Teagan on October 13th and Leigh had her son Liam on October 21st so we have children born the same month. Lol I'm just being a lil curious george.

Well I need to go do some more clean up then I'm going to try and put all my home movies on a dvd lets see if I can conquer technology and do it right lol. I would love to send DVD movies of the kids out to relatives. Ok I'll TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 12:25 PM   #19  
2BoysMom

Good morning (OK, almost afternoon) ladies

Welcome Angela! I'm mom to Will (3) and Tony (1) aka the little devils ! I am a big stress eater! I bought Dr Phil's book but now I have loaned it to a friend and seriously need to re-read some sections to get me back on track! Hopefully she'll give it back to me soon . He gives alot of good ideas...all common sense of course, but sometimes you just need to see it in writing!!

Lisa Congrats on the 8.5 gone! Yep, it's mostly water, but WHO CARES! It's gone!!! I'm so glad you aren't though! Wonder what happened with all of your posts? I would love to hear your Curves story. I usually don't make it to chat. My boys get up early so I'm usually in bed by the time that chat starts. Your pics were great...loved the one of you . OP stands for "on plan". I didn't post much yesterday 'cause I was so crabby from TOM (time of month). Still am today but have it a little under control (but don't ask the boys if that is true ). Your stats are very much like mine but I'm about 5' 9.5" so just a bit taller.

Spryng, loved your pictures too. We had rain last night - same storm system as yours. I think I remember hearing thunder, but I was OUT. The boys usually sleep through them. We may actually get outside today if it does what it says...then more rain tomorrow. It's been raining for 2 days straight and we're tired of being inside....my tan's fading . So now we'll be in for another batch of mosquitos. Poor Will! Gave him a bath last night and you can still see all the bites from last weekend.

Di, hope you get over that cold soon so you can enjoy all the running around and birthday parties!!

Speaking of birthday parties...Penny, Have a great time and a big Happy Bday to Andrew

Crystal, so glad that some of the nausea has passed. Now, repeat after me....I will stay away from fast food places for the next week

Michelle...you'll have to walk for me again today...TOM really hit me hard this time. I haven't had cramps like that in ages! Took some Aleve this morning and feel much better but I've already showered and look too gorgeous to start sweating now How's that for an excuse?

Leigh...isn't it GREAT when someone notices your weight loss? Just gives you so much more motivation to keep going. The people that see you all the time don't notice so much until your clothes really start to bag.

I absolutely LOVE my new dishwasher. OMG it IS possible to get clean dishes without spots and without having to wash the dishes by hand first !

OK, Tony's being REALLY whiney and I'm about ready to snap. So I had better go before I scream at him .

Dear TOM....PLEASE GO AWAY!

Hi to Melinda, Ginny and anyone I may have forgotten!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 12:36 PM   #20  
SAHM of 3

Yes Geri you are right. Too much fast food. I only get in on Friday's though, that's when I get out to run errands.
Hi Angela, I'm Crystal, 26 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5 y, Ally 3 y, Andrew 18 months and due in February. I joined here and lost 15 pounds before I found out I was pregnant last month. I'm sticking around here and hopefully making this the healthiest pregnancy. I've had nausea all day for like 2 weeks but now seems to be getting better. Hopefully I can get back to counting calories.
So happy you found us and you should LOVE it here. Hope to see you around.
Hi to everyone else.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 01:18 PM   #21  
Pending Email Confirmation

Chubba, I am soooo jealous...YOU GOT A DISHWASHER?? lol. In WA, I use to have one of those lol, dishwasher, self cleaning oven, big double door fridge with ice maker. Ohhhhh, I want it all back Now I got a 1960's manual defrost fridge that makes a horrible noise and I got a garbage disposer that when you turn on, shakes the whole entire counter top and I also got a gas stove that you have to light with matches cause the ignighters dont work LMAO. Makes me wanna run to my storage shed and load it all in a U-Haul and put it in my apt.

I wish you could have joined the chat yesterday. I went for the first time and OMG, I nearly peed my pants laughing so hard. It was alot of fun.

oh and I figured up how to change my MSN nickname LMAO For some reason my screen name was coming up URCHEEZY (eeeww) anyways, I changed it.

Umm Spryng, sorry but I dont do the babysitting thing lol. If my kids push my buttons I just beat them silly until they beg for mercy but I cant do that with other peoples kids LMAO.

Well, have a great afternoon everyone

p.s I really dont beat my kids (just in case someone out there is getting ready to send me another private message) ROFLMAO
nagsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 01:42 PM   #22  
SAHM of 3

Hey Lisa, I've got you beat I think.
I live in a 2 dr house, 1 ba, with 5 of us. No dishwasher and I can't use my water although I have to use it to clean with but it's well water and we don't have the really good filtration system on it, so it stains EVERYTHING; dishes, clothes, you name it, luckily not us although I go through times when it does stain my hands black, go figure. My frig is okay and the stove is electric but OLD, OLD, OLD. My washer/dryer is outside on the porch. That's why we're hopefully building a NEW, BIG home soon.
What we go through, huh?
Old 06-12-2004, 02:11 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

In Canada we get 52 weeks paid maternity leave. Its GREAT! Sorry........nothing to do with weight but did you all find it easy or hard going to one paycheque? Feeding Austin right now so will write more later.

Ang
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 02:54 PM   #24  

Holy cow!!! You guys get awesome maternity leave!! FMLA here in the states says that and employer only has to grant 12 weeks of maternity/paternity leave and it doesn't have to be paid either. So when I had my first child I first used up all my vacation hours I had saved and then I used up all my sick time hours so I only got 3 weeks off oh well lol. Too bad the States aren't the same as Canada. I didn't find it hard going from one pay check at all but things are starting to get tight, I didn't work my whole pregnancy, and i just now started a part time job which is 12 hours a week no big deal, it gets me out of the house

Michelle
Old 06-12-2004, 03:47 PM   #25  
Ready for ACTION!!!

I have you all beat!!!!

My a/c is still broken and about every hour the heat comes on and I have to go to the basement and flip the breaker to turn it off!! I am getting my exercise in. While doing laundry last night, I notice our hot water heater is leaking, so dh is draining it now, so no shower for me yet. (It's getting hot enough that a cold shower will be refreshing.) I lost many clothes to the leak that has obviously been happening for a while, but I coudn't wear mine anymore anyway The water has attracted some black beetle looking bugs that we have to attack as soon as we get things running again, so I find dead bugs in my laundry while folding now, ewwww! AND the worst of all, I have a whiny DH due to a back injury from yesterday. Like I don't have enough whining around here!

Justin just wiped out our sattelite by taking the smart card out, so I will be back shortly! (BTW, hes 18)
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 04:13 PM   #26  
SAHM of 3

Yes Cindi, you win. With 7 kids on top of all that, you poor thing. But you know what, things ALWAYS get better.
Well, I took an hour and a half nap and then mopped the kitchen/dining. When Andrew wakes up I'll vaccum all the rooms. Then about 5pm, I'll start the grill, gonna have steaks tonight. Which really don't sound all that good, but I think once I eat them they will. At lunch time NOTHING sounded good except Ranch dressing so I had carrot sticks and salad bread sticks with ranch dressing and a frozen WW dessert. You guys, I go on my trip in TWO weekends. YEAH!!!
Old 06-12-2004, 04:48 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Just got up from my nap and my throat is killing me so I hit the zicam again. But the nap was good.

Crystal, grilled steaks sound really good to me. Make mine medium well! What are you having with them? Are you gettting excited about your appointment next week?

Cindi, you do have everyone beat, lol. Do you have a window unit?? Could you just get a new one? I couldn't go this summer without A/C. We went a few years without an a/c in our vehicle but we could never survive without one in the house. Especially on days like today... it's almost 90 degrees out there and super humid from all the rain we had last night. I just turned my a/c on a few minutes ago.

Ang, canada gets better health care coverage than us anyway don't they?? i think that is great about a maternity leave. Our country should follow suit, lol.

Lisa, I don't mind if you beat my kids... LOL... keeps um honest, lol. I think they need at least one good beating per day, JK

Geri, hope TOM lets up for you soon. I hate it so bad when my hormones control my moods. Isn't fair to me or anyone near me, lol. And I think looking too gorgeous to exercise is a great excuse not to exercise! LOL. You crack me up.

Michelle, I think you were right on with everyone's diet plans except Geri, she is on the dr.phil plan. She doesn't count anything. Did you get some home movies put on dvd's?? That is a great idea. Plus they will last longer. I treasure all my home videos. I stole one from my parents that was taken when I was around 10 years old... great memories.

Well I guess I better get off here and get some couscous going along with dinner. The food in the crockpot smells heavenly (but I've been fooled before, LOL) TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 05:31 PM   #28  

Hey all, back from the wild, toddler party! It was a ton of running around, thank god Steve came, I wouldn't have been able to handle them by myself. But again, it was good to get out and let my little men run like crazy, they are napping now.

Angela, that is awesome family leave! It is quite an adjustment to go down to one income, but in more cases, very doable. Besides, well at least in the States, you have to condsider how high the taxes are on a second income, the cost of daycare (outrageous here) the cost of: gas, clothes for work, lunches etc... You just have to be really proactive, work out a budget now, try to stick to it before you lose your maternity leave, then tweak it were you need to along the way. The budget is HUGE, also cutting down on bills where you can. By the way i"m very much an emotional eater and it's a hard habit to break completely, it's best to just try and control it to some degree. Maybe the W.W. is the way to go for you because you could "bank" your extra points and have something special like once a week, that might help with your motivation as well.

Lisa, I'm really sorry that you cancelled your membership with Curves, you seemed so excited to be there working out. Maybe you should just ignore those few women that upset you, and continue working out there? It sucks to let a couple of bad apples ruin the whole bunch, if ya know what i mean?

Spryng, I'm with Michelle, I would sooo pay you to make me an afgan, keep up the good work. Practice makes perfect. Only 19 more squares to go! LOL I know what you mean about crockpots, the smell can be deceiving, but I'm hoping your meal turns out fantastic. I love couscous as well. YUM.

Michelle, did you win the battle of Technology? So what are you eating today? I made the oat/wheat muffins for breakfast, not too bad, beats eggs! I'm not sure what's on the menu for dinner though. After the boys get up from nap we are all going grocery shopping, so I'd better decide soon. I love FF yogurt, I could possibly eat way too much of that! I'm going to check out the Low Carb milk/choc milk from Hood, I believe. I had it when I was on Atkins and it was pretty yummy, but the choc. milk might be too high in fat. The regular milk comes either whole, 2% or FF.

Geri, glad you are lovin the new dishwasher! I'm sorry you are dealing with so much rain lately. Hopefully you get outside to play today, you must be getting stir crazy being trapped inside so much! I actually don't even have a freakin cold, just an earache. It's been pretty bad, I might even have to break down and go see the doctor next week. It's weird because I thought you get ear infections at the end of a cold, and I haven't had one that I'm aware of. Bizarre.

Crystal, what have you been able to keep down today? I'm hoping your moving past the "ill" feeling stage. Poor thing, Happy Gestating to ya!

Cindi, when it rains it pours! Well at least when it comes to major household appliances it seems. I swear this year we had all sorts of big problems. One of which was the hot water heater dying, so I feel for ya there. Nothing like not being able to take a hot shower, the one thing that makes me feel like a human being! I hope it all works out for you soon and that nothing else freakin breaks on you.

Shoot, didn't get to stay on long, I have to find something to snack on before my blood sugar drops and I get ravenous. Oh yeah, and start a grocery list.

check in soon,
di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 08:45 PM   #29  

Ughhh what a day!! Kids were just all over me all damn day, like I couldnt get a minute to myself. No exercise today and all I had to eat was some turkey chili 2 cups and 2 small apples. I got to sit in the tub when hubby got home but Teagan ended up crawling in the bathroom and then Taylor was in there and before I knew it, it was a community bathtime lol, but it was cute. Don't ask me how we all fit in there lol especially my big butt lmao.

Di - Oh I know how at the end of Phase I you are just choking on the eggs lol Im glad you had fun at the party.

Spryng - I'm still kind of experimenting with the movies but I have kinda figured out the software lol its a bit difficult at first but I got it pretty much down.

Crystal - Steaks sound good to me too, medium well for mine too

Well I'm gonna go and relax some more, I'll check back later
Michelle
Old 06-12-2004, 10:51 PM   #30  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile

Hey Girls!

Got the satellite fixed, but no hot water! Been boiling water for baths.

DH tld Hope she could get her hair cut, so we ran out the door to the salon before he could change his mind. Her hair was past the middle of her back and is now above her shoulders. Now her blonde is gone so her hair looks so RED!! DH wants me to highlight it, but I don't want to. She looks so grown up now. MY BABYYYYYY!!!!

Lisa...I know how you feel about your new home! Do you go to church? Most of my friends are church friends, I don't know any neighbors here. But I am so thankful for the great friends I have made. Even if you aren't a church goer, maybe you could find some way to meet new people if you looked around. Congrats on the 8# loss!

Glad everyone else is doing okay this evening. I can't remember all the posts from earlier, so I hope everyone did well today!!

Time for a cold shower!! woo hoo!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote