Time For Serious Fun #72

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Summer Vacation!
    Hello Ladies! Sorry I haven't checked-in in a while. I spent most of friday moving out of my dorm and into my parent's house My computer no longer has intranet so I have to use my father's, so I'm affraid I won't get to check in as often as I'd like...I MISS YOU LADIES! I'm going camping from the 21st to the 24th too so I won't be able to check in then

Well, I'm back to 187 which has become infamous as the "before christmas weight". I know its terrible that I'm still fighting that in june...but...at least I'm still fighting.

Add me to the list of no longer having a gym to go to. It actually feels a bit freeing...Although I find jogging MUCH harder than anything I do in a gym, I much perfer the idea of not having a machine, rather, just my mind and body doing the work out.

Jaymie - GREAT JOB!!! you must feel proud.

Faye - hope you are feeling better after that "incident" ... weird stuff.

To everyone else, have a wonderful day and as I saw amanda say yesterday, we all just need to keep pluggin' along.
  • Faye - I always say that "womens instincts" are right, if you felt he was being inappropriate I am sure he was...I would be feeling exactly like you and I think you did the right thing, BUT yes from now on I would go with dh ...
    Take no chances there are too many wierdos out there....

Susan - Sorry to hear that you may not be able to check in with us as much, I wish you all the best of luck with your weightloss and hope to hear from you soon !!

Jaymi - I know internet is expensive, we used to have dial up with AOl for $23 but now we have high speed internet for twice the cost, I dont know if it is worth it but my dh wants it so what are ya gonna do...good luck and hope to hear from you soon too!!!

Hope Everyone is having a good afternoon, for a Monday anyway...
  • Hi Ladies,

I know wanting to take off 20lbs is a bit ambitious but i know i can do it cos i did 30lbs in 3mths once did'nt keep it off tho' unfortunately so once i get it off thats what i've got to concentrate on next, keeping it off i got weighed this morning and that weight gain i showed on friday was gone and i don't know why cos i've been completely 'off the wagon' i hope it has gone but i'll wait until friday for my 'official' weigh in Today is going really well walked 4mls this morning and eating good i will post a loss this week, i'm determined.

Susan and Jaymi, things won't be the same without you both here especially Jaymi with her daily rants

Faye, that is spooky about that guy i definitely WOULD NOT go there alone again or if i did i'd make sure that i told this guy that my husband knew where i was and knew ALL ABOUT HIM! If he is thinking of doing anything bad he'll think twice about it then
    Jaymi
    Carri
    Faye

Susan: We will miss you and look forward to hearing from you whenever you can post. Don't fret about the weight, just work at it and it will come off!

Don't worry girlie, told dh about the pool thing and he said he is going over with me in the afternoons or evenings. He told me I was probably the only woman he knew that wouldn't feel threatened and get straight out of the pool! Anyway, it is over and I won't let it happen again because I won't go over there without him.

Feeling really lousy all day today. Mostly because I am dead on tired from last night and the fact I had to take meds at 2 am which I am not even sure have worn off yet so I am going to relax and listen to a book on tape in bed and fall asleep when I fall asleep.

See you in the morning girls!

Faye
  • Hi Everyone!!

Man where is the time going?!?! I gotta leave another short post. It's late and I need to be sleeping right now, but of course I"m on the computer... I think I need to get my 8 hours of sleep, that could alter your weight loss, and make you grouchy and tired too!!

So just to quickly say why I was so upset today, was because of yesterday's swimsuit shopping expedition! I didnt come back with a swimsuit, but my sis came back with 3! There was an amazing sale....for smaller people! But she even found larges and extra larges...but she doesnt have a stomach with stretch marks and saggy skin on it!! So anyway off of that, just wanted to fill you in!!

I got 4 pts for today!! YAY!! I love those ff weiners, I had a chilli dog today for 265 calories! And that wasnt even the low calorie chilli. Anyway, we played tennis today for 75 minutes.... My hubby is very competitive...so he came over to the court after he got through with basketball. We've only played twice together and I sucked pretty bad! But today...did I give him a run for his money!! He was speechless and actually got tired before me! He didnt even gloat! Ha Ha! Watch out Serena & Venus Williams....Jaymi Williams is coming through!!!

Cat90- I know you an do those 20 lbs and then some!!! Cant wait to see that loss for the week!!

Satine- I love DSL! It is a bit more expensive, but it is worth it to me! At least it is a billion times faster, and it doesnt cut off every 5 minutes. And of course my favorite of all, I can download songs!!! Try downloading it on this crap! Not even worth it!

Scuzin- Glad to hear from you!!! I've been wondering where you've been hiding!! Have fun camping, and hope to hear from ya soon!

Julie- Good luck with your "dairy/wheat thingy!!" All I can say is that I hope it works!! You explained the whole thing before...but dang... too difficult to soak in right now!! I just can't wait to see how much you lose!! Good Luck!!

Ok everyone before I leave, I guess I'll address this stupid internet thingy, well of course I caved in.....again...... at the free for 2 more mths thing. Hey we can keep this up forever if they want to....but I better not EVER see a charge on my credit card!! I dont really want this service at all, but since they don't offer DSL anywhere close to this area, then I have no other choice but to take the free service and get it over with! But seriously, I gotta go for real!! Will talk to you later!!

P.S. My hubby must have read this post for today because he brings home one of those loaves of banana nut bread, that he knows that I can't resist!!! I've ate about 3 little pieces! Good thing I'm under calories today! ~FAYE~wouldnt happen to have a low calorie recipe for that would ya!! Well bye all!
  • Just checking in!
    Hi ladies - I apologize for being MIA. I have had a lot going on since the holiday and last weekend I attended the Landmark Advanced Course, Thursday - Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to midnight! It was so empowering and worth every penny and minute. I had some incredible breakthroughs, resulting in powerful commitments.

However, tonight I suffered a major breakdown. In LM that does not necessarily mean crying and hysteria - it is a breakdown in communication or not being your word (failure to keep a commitment). My breakdoown occurred in communication with my DH. I made a decision to own up to and take responsibility for a year-old lie. I am handling the consequences with full acceptance, thanks to my LM experience.

Until I am able to resolve this I will not renew my commitment to post on a regular basis. I do not want to be a bummer. That means you may hear from me on Wednesday (Woes) or only when I have something positive to share.

I rejoice in reading how so many of you are keeping your commitments and your positive, caring posts. Have a great week. Please pray for me.

mscat816
  • TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is what we drink. We all know about soft drinks, but did you know that juices are very high in sugar and basically not good for you at all. Surprisingly, the worst culprit is apple juice. Try to stay away from caffeine drinks as they drive up the desire for sugar so you just drink more and more. Limit your "other than water" drinks and you will find you will lose more in just this way.

Jaymi: Here you go

LOW FAT BANANA NUT BREAD

1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons fat
    free sour cream
    2 egg whites
    2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
    2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons
    raisins (optional)
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    3 very ripe bananas, mashed
    1 tablespoon reduced fat margarine
    1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
    2 cups unbleached
    all-purpose flour

Directions
    1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly
    spray two 8x4x2 inch loaf pans with a non-stick cooking spray.
    2 Combine the fat free sour cream, egg whites, vanilla,
    bananas and margarine and mix on medium speed of electric
    mixer until smooth, creamy and well blended.
    3 Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and
    light brown sugar into the banana mixture. Stir with a spoon
    until combined. Add more flour if necessary until a thick
    and rather resistant dough is formed. Fold in the optional
    nuts. Mix for 1 minute on the low speed of an
    electric mixer. Divide dough evenly between the two loaf pans.
    4 Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) until golden and
    the center tests done. Remove breads from pans immediately
    and allow to cool on a rack before slicing.
    10 servings/ 1 loaf/ 191 cal/18 fat calories

Mscat: We will miss you and look forward to when you can return. You are most welcome here at any time!

Later girls

Faye
  • Morning ladies!

I know that I have been MIA for a long time..........long enough that y'all have forgotten about me but thats ok.

Faye, I know that your little pool incident scared ya, but hey if this is a shared pool and there are others there I would not let anyone scare me away. Guess that I am too bold for my own good. Takes alot to scare me away.

MsCat, I understand where you are comming from all too well. I wish you the best and will keep you in my prayers.

Jaymi, great pic! You keep on talking about getting cut off on your internet have you thought about checking for spyware. That can effect many different things, including wether you get booted or not. Good luck on finding a swinsuit. I am going to use my old one. Suits are just too high and there are other things that I need to spend money on(billls bills bills).

Cathy slow and speady wins the race.

Guys, I have been in a huge state of depression lately. Basically getting tired of being a friend who is always there for their friends but when I need to vent or something I get told that I haven't the time for you or I don't like to talk and you do. So basically I have decided to cut myself away from all my friends for awhile. Many of them think because I work 2 jobs that I can handle the pressures of their needs constantly. Sorry to vent.

Here's to a wonderful day
  • Morning All - No points for me yesterday, I was over my WW points by 3 points which is not that much but I was not OP so no points, my water was low and of course I didnt exercise I know I should but it is so hard to get motivated to when you are still losing regularly without it...but I know I need to tone...oh well I will do it when I finally want to...

Jaymi - We do not have DSL but it is just high speed internet through our cable company...it is so fast and it is really nice, but like I said the price is not.

Gigglez - Nice to hear from you. I hope things get better for you...working two jobs would stress me out enough, let alone any other problems I might have....good luck!!

Faye - I love Banana Bread I am going to try that one, have you ever made it?

MSCat816 - Good luck to you...

Cathy, Julie, Susan, Amanda, and everyone else - have a great day...
  • Morning ladies,

4 points yesterday......woo hoo! Woke up with a migraine and TOM, so not feeling very sunny right now.

Hope everyone has a great day. Going back to bed now.
    Julie
  • Hi Ladies,

Another "short" and enjoyable read from Jaymi glad to hear that you are staying with the intolerably slow and crappy internet provider you are getting for FREE and we won't have to live without you

Gigglez, sorry your friends are'nt there for you just remember that WE ARE

MsCat, sorry you are having a tough time, hope it works out for you.

Julie, have you got out of bed yet? hope you feel better when you do.

Had a pretty good day yesterday planning on having another one today too had a rough nights sleep last night and was working 6 - 10am so i'm not feeling like a spring chicken myself hopefully i'll manage a couple of miles on my treadmill at least
  • Evening ladies. Hope all went well with you today!

POINTS FOR TODAY:

Jaymi
    Faye
    Julie

Julie: I am TOM too and feel really crappy. I just wonder how much longer I am going to have to endure this stuff. I am nearly 51 you would think it would be soon! Hope you get to feeling a little better soon!

Sandy: Listen Kiddo, the ladies and I on this thread are always here for you and if you need to vent, please feel free to e-mail or pm me. My ear is always open to anyone who needs to talk at any time!

Today it rained and rained so no pool. I would go by myself, but can't ask dh to sit in the rain even if I am dumb enough to exercise in the rain. Of course, I am sure "the predator" as dh calls him wouldn't want to mess up his hair by coming and bugging me while I was in the pool in the rain! I went from being freaked to being peeved! Little jerk. He must have thought he was adding something to my life by his shenanigans but actually I have a MAN not a boy that does that for me!

Oh, and to explain why I just didn't belt him or why I refuse to go alone now... the pool has 3 sides that are 8 ft privacy fence and one side short chain link, but the community center sits between the chain link fence and it and the high fence blocks the view from EVERYONE unless they walk right up to the chain link fence and look in. Consequently, it is too risky to be there now as I can't be seen if something would happen. DH says he thinks the guy doesn't even live here and knew I was easy prey because the view is so blocked. Who knows?

Well, I have a few things to accomplish tonight as tomorrow is cleaning day. Brother it rolls around quickly!

NIGHTY NIGHT!

Faye
  • hi all!

Well I didn't lose any weight this week - PMS arrived just before my weigh day, so I am full of water retention - I feel about twice my normal size and all my clothes feel tight

I only got 2 points yesterday - I went off plan with my eating - I'm a nightmare when I have PMS because i just don't give a f***! The whole giving up bread thing hasn't happened - it's just not a good week to try it, although I am doing my best and have cut down. I've managed to stay on track today - i bought some WW chocolate rolls and chocolate cake slices which were on offer in the supermarket - they are both low fat and low points, and should help any chocolate cravings I get over the next week!

FAYE - I don't like the sound of that incident in the pool. Whatever that guys intentions were, he should know better than to invade a woman's personal space and be presumptuous enough to actually touch her. I watched this programme the other day about a personal trainer - he spent the whole session 'play flirting' with his female client, and leaning right on top of her to stretch her muscles - she didn't seem to mind, but I would find it REALLY uncomfortable and inappropriate. It's sad that he has ruined your pool time - but I don't blame you for not wanting to go on your own anymore.

MSCAT - Hope you are okay and sorting things out. May I ask - what is this course you mention - is it some sort of religious group? Come back soon!

SANDYG - I've not forgotton you! I'm so sorry that you have been so put upon and taken for granted. maybe some time out from your friends will help them to realise they need to give aswell as take! Please don't hesitate to vent here - we are all here to help eachother, whatever our problems.

CAT - good luck with your target. It sounds like you are on a mission! No more pizza and beer for you for the next 2 months!

JAYMI - I had the AOL free trial and found they were awful! They kept causing my computer to crash or freeze up. When I rang to cancel the deal - they offered me another 3 months for free, so I took them up on it until that ran out then went elsewhere! From what I know, in the UK at least, AOL are notoriously rubbish!

CARRIE - Lucky you - losing weight without exercising! I'm sticking well to my WW plan this time (apart from 1 or 2 off days!), but my weight loss is still painfully slow. I'm currently on 26-28 points - do you think I should drop them lower to try to give my body a kick start?. I'm hoping that over the weeks if I keep up the diet and exercise, my metabolism will kick in and I will start dropping more weight. I feel wierd at the moment - like I am about to lose weight, but my body is somehow 'holding 'on to pounds. I feel like if you stuck a pin in me, I would deflate and lose loads - maybe that is just the water retention?

JULIE - Good luck with the wheat and dairy fast - it sounds tough! I'm finding it hard enough just to give up bread for one week (although everythings a battle when I have PMS!). Funnily enough, I was a vegan for 6 years and never touched dairy - but still managed to put on about 40 pounds, God knows how!

Love Amanda x
  • Hello, Hello!

Amanda., you sure said it honey! Aol is rubbish! I had typed my whole message and lost it. Stupid thing froze as usual... But anyway I'm not even going to try and repeat everything...which I'm sure you are all relived to read!! But I will report my day. I have 3 pts for the day, no exercise. I have been trying to wear my pedometer (cheapo one fron McD) But I didnt put it on until about 5 pm. I have only 1679 steps after that!! Well, I've been sitting down since I've gotten home mostly, or standing up for long periods, but not really walking...I did all that this morning!! Oh well, anyway, whatever! I typed on my last post that I was gonna try to exercise anyway, but now I'm too tired. I know I shouldnt give up...but he*l, my calories are way, way too low...*hides from everyone* I cant seem to get myself together, but I will eventually. Tx really done me in! Well let me comment and get this over with before it cuts off again.

Amanda- Sorry about your PMS, I think I have it too! But I've been off my TOM for a week now!! You know that it's just water...that is the good thing..it goes away!!

Faye- That recipe is on it's way to my stomach!! Well as soon as I can buy the stuff to do it!! You just don't know how much I need that! My hubby took it with him to work this morning, so I wouldnt be tempted...but he brought it back home...I've been watching it for like 3 hours... I guess not having a lot of calories today works for me today...because I dont think I can keep ignoring it!!

Cat90- You always make me laugh!! I dont know what I'd do if I didnt have you to always make me giggle about the jokes you make about me... Like the short post thingy....You know I didnt realize how long it was until I read your comment and looked back!!! I burst out laughing! One day.... I will return the favor!! Ha ha

Julie- Hope you are feeling better! Those headaches are bullcrap!! I take aleve, which is about the best thing not prescribed!! But those TOM headaches are **** for real!!

Satine- Well that shows how much I know!! I thought DSL was the same thing as the one that connects to cable!! Oh well, then I'm not sure which one I had!!! I'm wrong for that one!! I should be ashamed!

Gigglez- Sorry to hear about your depression, I've been through the same thing exactly. I just cut them all off!!! All of their problems were just adding to my stress!! And If I tried to talk about "my" life, they had something to do or was too busy! So I cut them off, some of them are still basically cut off, I talk to them from afar. I send them cards for the holidays, etc. I dont need them anyway, and you don't either! Friendship is a 2 way street. We are your friends here...so feel free to vent...anytime!!

Mscat816- Sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough time, but you can woe and rant every single day if you want to, it is fine with me! He*l I have surely done it!! If you change your mind, I'm here for you, we are all here for you. Always remember that!

I hope I got everyone, if not I"m so sorry. I'm so tired I almost feel delirious! I was soo hyped up before to try to exercise anyway, but I'd rather try to double or triple up tomorrow and finally get some sleep. My sis and hubby are watching the game...which I hate basketball. I'd rather be watching Law and Order, or one of my 10 Golden Girl (8 hr) tapes.... but hey whatever. I have been having MAJOR problems sleeping!! I think playing tennis so late is one problem, because me and my sis be up at 3 am looking homeless!! But I always get up at least by 9, she stays sleep until 12 or 1 and then looks at me like are we going anywhere today!?! I'm going to start going back to sleep early, waking up early, and exercising early. If I can at least get one goal done, everything should be alright! Well let me be off, it's already late.
  • Hi girls,
    I'm on my way to a 3 point day...no real exercise . I had been doing some heavy duty cleaning and moving so I had been counting that for the last few days. I didn't get a lot of that done today...its so discouraging! I've been gutting the 2 rooms upstairs. They're the bedrooms that my siblings have dumped all of their stuff in when they moved out and became hte general junk rooms...IT IS SO REDICULOUS WHAT IS THROWN IN THERE!!! I mean...broken candles, mascara from free gift packs, key's to who knows where, a fishing license...from 1997...and endless....ENDLESS hair ties. Th doesn't even BEGIN to describe it. And I have to attempt to organize it because my brother is moving in and I'm moving out. ARG! Ok, vent complete.

Amanda, hope you feel better, I say take it easy for a few days before you attempt to give up bread and let the pms pass.

Welcome back gigglez, come and vent anytime!...we all do!