Old 06-08-2004, 09:47 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Penny be sure to take the camera!!! Everyone is hounding me to get Tanner's hair cut. It's not really long but comes down over his ears and my MIL keeps saying he looks like a girl, but I am just not ready for that first hair cut. My baby is already growing up too fast, I don't want him to look like a toddler yet. I hope you feel better today.
Leigh, aren't you glad we don't have to keep up with net carbs? lol. Sometimes I'll buy those low carb tortillas because they are whole wheat but only 1 pt because of the high fiber content. But other than that I don't really do anything low carb. And I don't know what is making MIL act better towards me. Maybe she just finally realized I'm not going anywhere? lol I don't know what it is but it's a good thing so I am grateful. It's so nice to go over there and visit without all the tension or bickering. What is for dinner?
Crystal, I hope today is a good day for you. With my first two I had morning sickness pretty much the whole 1st trimester (but only in the mornings) and with Tanner I had it for 9 days!! I was grateful for that since I had two kids to take care of and didn't have time to be running to the bathroom much. So I hope yours doesn't last long either.
Lisa, yes Crystal is right about the cereal, everything goes by net carbs now. When I did Atkins (so many times) they weren't into the net carb thing so you only counted what it said on the box without deducting anything. It was much simpler. Now I guess "net carbs" allows you to eat more but it's alot of counting. But not unlike WW in that matter. And I use the FF promise too. I don't like the taste much but it is ok on toast with jelly. I use the ff spray butter for my veggies and potatoes and such though and it tastes more like butter. Yes and the thing about low fat is exactly what you said about it being loaded with extra carbs and sugar. When they take something out, like fat, they try adding things to make up for the flavor loss which is usually sugars. So yes we have to watch that closely. When is your official weigh in day?? I think you are going to lose great.
Michelle, I get my ff promise at walmart. But I think my local grocery store carries it too. Hope you get some more energy today. Can you take a vitamin that helps with energy? There is one at walmart I used to take, I think it was by one a day, can't remember, but it said energy on the label. It really helped me. I took it everyday after my second baby was born since my first two were only 11 months apart I needed all the extra energy I could get. And about bug repellent, the label should say if it's safe for kids. They may make one especially for kids but you'd have to look.

ok, so what is everyone planning for dinner tonight? I think I am making fish but I have a question. My recipe calls for white fish but I bought salmon (it was cheaper) so do I bake it the same amount of time as it called for the white fish or does salmon have to be treated differently? I've never had it or cooked it so I am clueless. So any advice would be appreciated. So I am planning on having spiced salmon (unless the cooking is way off) then I'll make mexican stuffed pitas.
Other than dinner I plan on catching up on my flylady stuff today. This week's zone is the kitchen so I plan on getting 15 min of work done in it plus one of Kelly's missions (which will be cleaning the top of my fridge) I thought about going a renting a couple of movies today since new ones are out today but that depends if I feel like it when the movie place opens at 10 am. If you don't get there when it opens those new releases will be gone. They never carry enough.
OK, guess I need to get off here and get my bed made and me in the shower. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:56 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Girls!!

Lisa - How funny, I already buy a lot of the same stuff you do!! I buy my chicken frozen I get 4 lbs of chicken breast for 9.99 Since I'm the only one who eats it at my house I just take one out and defrost it. I use I can't believe its not butter spray same deal as the parkay spray, Hellmans fat free mayo and I'll add just a little bit of splenda and it tastes like Miracle whip, I was drinking crystal light but my doc said that once you add something to your water even if it is very low in calories it doesnt count as your water any longer, so I just drink plain water I usually get 128 oz in a day! As for the carbs in cereal, you can deduct the fiber to get the net carbs, the reason for this is that fiber does not impact your blood sugar and passes right through, now I know someone said that you can deduct sugar alcohols too BUT you really shouldnt they have been known to cause Blood sugar spikes, they also have some very unpleasant side effects, I recommend limiting your intake of anything with sugar alcohol in it and I always count sugar alcohols as a carb! The FDA is working on changing the way manufacturers display that on their lables! Yayyyy!!

Crystal - I need some energy too girl I was just dragging butt yesterday and I have a feeling that today will be the same grrrr. I hope you get to feeling better soon!! Have you tried the motion sickness wrist bands? I used them when I was preg. but my nausea was too bad so they didn't help but perhaps they may help you Just a thought!

Leigh - I had palpatations when I was preg too, but I had PIH and my thyroid could have caused them too since at that time I was producing mass amounts of hormone my doc was just simply amazed I didn't have like a heart attack while I was pregnant, thats how high my levels were! Thank god that I didnt!! I'm glad you feel better!!

Penny - Have fun at Andrews first haircut! I hope you start feeling better!! Walking today? I'm planning 4-6 miles not sure yet.

Nothing big planned for me either today. I finished laundry yesterday, and the house is still clean except for the toys on the floor that Teagan and Taylor are playing with. Well I'm gonna go take my meds and see if they will perk me up a little lol. I'll ttyl!!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:03 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Spryng - We were posting together! As for the vitamin, I take a daily childrens vitamin and it holds the same nutritional value for a child as it does an adult. But I try not to take too many supplements because I don't want to mess up my metabolism any more than it is already ya know? I asked my doc if I could take no dose or vivarin but she said she wouldn't recommend it because my body will come to rely on those things for its energy and my metabolism will go south anytime I'm not on them, so basically I just jump start my metabolism with all the exercise I've been doing lol, I'd rather my body come to expect energy rather than supplements lol. Dinner tonight? Hmmm I think I'll have italian chicken and zucchini.

Ok I gotta go and find something to do with the girls!! TTYL
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:31 AM   #34  
SAHM of 3

starting a new thread.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:35 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Lisa a new thread has been started... #189, copy and paste this post over there so we can all respond. See you there!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote