Old 06-04-2004, 06:25 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #71

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:28 AM   #2  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Do we have any losses this week?

Later girls! I have had 3 hours sleep and now am drowsy from meds and to top it off I have to take dh to work because I have to go back at noon and administer his meds because he can't put them in his eye! YAWN!

Faye
Old 06-04-2004, 06:46 AM   #3  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi Ladies,
I am feeling so much better. In fact yesterday I had my first 4 pointer in at least a week. And on top of a nice 5 mile walk I also went to dance class so I got extra exercise.
Unfortunatly my life is totally full of stress right now. The child I work with at work, left school yesterday for the year because he is having open heart surgery next monday. I am very worried about him and feeling very stressed because of it. I will not know how he is doing until at least Monday maybe later.
It is a very common surgery now-a-days and I am sure he will be fine, but it is weighing heavily on my mind.
On better news though: as it is LBS Down: I am down 1 pound this week. Not much but it makes me happy.
I hope you all have a better day then I am.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:35 AM   #4  

Morning Chickies!

3 points yesterday.......no exercise, unless you count about 20 minutes of badminton with my 8 yearold. It wasn't vigorous badminton, so I'm not counting it. I was really depressed yesterday, and I'm not even sure why.....It was a beautiful day and I just sat around inside for most of it. Just procrastinating life, I suppose.

BUT I've already gotten in a 1/2 hour walk this morning, so today should be another 4 pointer. I'm not weighing myself until the end of June........trying to wean myself off the "numbers". My jeans are really tight today, though, which has me a little worried. They're freshly washed, though, so they probably just shrunk, right?

Can't wait to hear about everyone else's losses! Where the heck is Carrie???

Faye, I've got Jack in my prayers. Eye injuries are no fun, that's for sure! Nice that you have such a young stud for your husband, though!

Knhobdy--glad you're feeling better. I'm also praying for your student. How horrible to have to go through that at such a young age. Congrats on the 1 pound!

Hope everyone else is doing well! Have a super day today......

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:08 AM   #5  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi All!

4 points for me yesterday - I went on the bike but didn't feel up to the stomach crunches as I was a bit nauseous!

SANDY - glad you are feeling a bit better. I also take anti - depressants and recently changed type because I was beginning to feel really low. Increasing your dose or changing them will probably give your brain a bit of a kick start which will lift your mood. Good luck with going to the gym at 6am - rather you than me - but we all know that the panda is NOT a morning person! If you like early mornings then a session at the gym will really set you up for the day!

JULIE - Hope you are feeling happier today. holding back on the weighing till the end of the month is a good idea - you are only 7lb away from 'onederland' - you are doing fantastic!

FAYE - Sorry to hear about Jacks eye. You must look like a right pair at the moment! Your story about that old lady thinking Jack was your son was so funny! I bet you didn't know wether to laugh or cry!

BEth - Glad you had a good day! I am thinking of seeing that film you mentioned - I imagine the special effects are good, and like you, I love weather!

KNOBODY - Glad you are feeling better! Congrats on the 1lb loss!

Pizza night for me tonight!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:57 PM   #6  

Hello Everyone,

Faye - It does sound like you're having a tough time of it. Hope your husband is better soon. Personally, I think I would have hit the woman upside the head lol.

Another 4 point day for me. So as long as I don't fall off the wagon tonight like I did LAST Friday all should be well. But I don't see that happening.

Well, I've lost 4 lbs for the week....woo hoo. So that is 7 lbs for the past two weeks. I'm glad to see all those 4 point days are paying off!

Knobhdy - Congrats on the loss. I'd talk a lb loss over nothing anyday!

Amanda - I think you'll enjoy the movie. It is actually a pretty good movie for a bad movie lol. If that makes any sense at all. I'd actually see it again.

Hope everyone is well,

Until later,

Beth
Day 24 on-plan
Total loss 23 lbs
Loss this week 4 lbs
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 01:22 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

Beth, WTG on the 4lbs loss

Congrats on the 1lb loss knobhdy i lost 1lb too i've been bad the last few days and had homemade fries more than a couple of time i'm going to treat myself to a hawaiian pizza today cos i've wanted one for about 2 weeks then i'll be an next week

Julie, i was the same yesterday don't know why it was an absolutely beautiful day and i stayed indoors and felt 'sad' all day feeling much better today and i will be going out later may even go to the beach.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:04 PM   #8  

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO LOST THIS WEEK! WEIGH TO GO!

POINTS FOR TODAY:

Julie
Beth
Amanda
Knob

I have no clue after the nutty day yesterday and you aren't going to believe this, it got worse today. BTW, Jack is doing great. A good night's sleep and the drops in his eye are helping tremendously. Me, I have been so good doing an hour in the pool everyday really trying to get a good cardio and toning workout. I came home from getting my nails done and had a call from one of my drs. The radiologist looked at the xrays and my arm IS broken though some said no. They got the hospital report which stated the hospital radiologist said it was broken, the ortho surgeon said it was broken, emergency room personnel, no then 3 drs looked at it and a nurse practitioner and said no but the medical center's radiologist said the radius bone is splintered! I have been using it since Tues even though it has been painful thinking it was just muscle strain that needed working out because I was told his WAS NOT broken . I have this funky wrap on it until Monday and the sling again and on Monday they will cast it for 6-8 weeks ! The sling gives me a with my fat arm pulling on it and I am back to being a total grump because I am not allowed to walk with my leg being as it is and now won't be able to get into the pool. Anyone know where I can get some sit down exercises or something. I am just beside myself about this. My lawyers better make the darn restaurant pay for all of this mess!

We are going to see Harry Potter at the late show tonight. Hopefully it won't be FULL of little kids at that hour, but whooee, I went this afternoon and bought advance tickets and there were little kids running all over the theater! I realize we are old people, but dh and I enjoy the books and the movies and are looking forward to this one.

I need to go as typing is difficult now again! (look up some salacious stories and jokes for me for tomorrow's sunny thoughts saturday. In my funk I need all the help I can get!)

Faye
Old 06-05-2004, 07:55 AM   #9  

SATURDAY: Today Is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Do you have anything funny to share?

Check in later girls

Faye
Old 06-05-2004, 10:18 AM   #10  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey Ladies,
I had another 4 point day yesterday and the BF went on my walk with me. Yeah! I am on a roll!
Today I am going to see Mean Girls. I love movies.

Faye: How was HP? I am looking forward to seeing it myself. I loved the books and I highly recommend the Books-on-CD read by Jim Dale. (Who I love)

Have a great day Ladies.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 01:29 PM   #11  

Hello All,

Quiet in here today. All is well here. I get 4 points for yesterday. Not much going on. It is storming to beat the band outside. I need to walk to the grocery store if there is a break in the storms this afternoon. Otherwise I might not get my walk in. I'll have to do something else inside. I don't mind walking in the rain, but I won't walk in the lightening. I live in the lightening captial of North America so we take it pretty serious here.

Faye - Hope you're doing / feeling better today. I've never broken a bone (knock on wood lol), but I know it must be painful and certainly a cast would be frustrating.

I don't have any funny stories at the moment, but I will see if I can think of one later.

Until then,

Beth
Day 25 on plan
Total loss 23 lbs
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 01:46 PM   #12  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all!

I got 3 points yesterday - I was feeling a bit weak and nauseous all day and didn't feel up to going on my exercise bike. I've just had a great home workout today though - I did 35 mins on the bike, then got my mat out and did 110 sit ups and lots of leg lifts, and I also hunted out Nigels dumbells and did a few weights aswell! I feel great now - that's the best workout I've had in a long time, and I didn't even have to leave the house!

FAYE - So Sorry about your arm, that is really bad news, especially as you were just getting out to the pool. I'm glad jack is getting better - you are having a bit of a run of bad luck aren't you?

Must Fly!

Love Amanda x
Old 06-06-2004, 07:22 AM   #13  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll is, What is your favorite "diet" secret or food?

Morning everyone! Sorry I didn't get back in here yesterday.

Amanda: Good for you. You are going to be a beautiful bride!

Beth: I do water aerobics in the rain even if it is coming down hard but like you, if I hear thunder or lightening, of course I don't.

Knob: The movie was good, but both dh and I found it disappointing. I felt there was a lot of stuff from the book that was not tied into the movie and I think it is totally all the director. One glaring thing is that in both of the first movies, if you walked outside the front gate of Hogwarts, you walked to your left and went straight to Hagrid's. In this movie, the castle is up on a hill and his cottage is way at the bottom and you had to walk this path to it. Anyway, we had advance tickets, went to a 9:35 pm show and still stood in a long line for about 45 minutes to get into the theater.

Well, I need to get going this morning!

TTFN

Faye
Old 06-06-2004, 08:47 AM   #14  

Morning ladies,

I've not been very good this weekend....at least not with the food. We went to see Harry Potter last night. Ate theater snacks and then the kids talked us into McD's for dinner. So BLECH today. I did go canoeing for a while yesterday, though.

I've been evaluating my eating lately, and it seems I break down when it comes to trying to eat meals I cook for my family. I keep thinking I can just eat smaller portions of what I cook for them, but it never works. I'm just too good of a cook! Now, I do cook healthy meals, but I always make too much. And I have 2 kids who are under weight, so they need to eat eat eat. I don't know where they get energy from! I guess I just need to NOT make so much....or else, eat something totally different. I don't know. We got the direct TV disconnected this week.....so hopefully that will help with the couch potato syndrome. All we get now is fuzzy PBS.

Faye, did you tell your dr. that you are on a weight loss program and the pool is a very important part of it? Because I'm almost positive that they now make casts that can get wet. Fiberglass, I think. They are mainly for kids, but I would think they could make em in any size. Make sure you explain before they just "TELL" you what to do. Your water work is about the least load bearing/best all around exercise you could be doing and it's just awful that you will have to be out of it for so long.

I know that Susan Powter had a seated aerobics video out in the early 90s. Maybe you can still get it on ebay or something. She always used light weights, though and I think most of it was upper body/arm work. So maybe that won't work for you either. Sheesh, you are in a pickle! Can't do upper or lower body stuff. Ok, an exercise my mom taught me just leaped to my mind...........sit down on the floor and walk up an down the hallway using your butt! Now, I know it sounds/looks ridiculous, but it is a legit exercise and is awesome for lifting the gluteus.

Sounds like everyone is doing well........Beth, 23 pounds! THat's awesome!! Amanda--you're on a roll, babe! Keep up the great work!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I've got fighter practice this afternoon.......first one in a couple of months (took off right before the show so as not to get bruised )

Later babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 01:25 PM   #15  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi All!

4 points for me yesterday - yay!

I've done my exercise today aswell - it seems to suit me doing it earlier in the day as I have more energy - previously I've always done it early evening.

We are expecting a thunderstorm here - it is so hot and humid, I wish it would come soon as the air pressure gives me a headache!

Faye - that suggestion Julie has made about the waterproof cast sounds excellent!

Julie - It must be hard trying to diet when you have a family who need feeding up! I'm sure those here with kids will have some suggestions - but at least you have recognised that it is a problem and can make changes from here on.

take care

Love Amanda xx