Old 06-03-2004, 11:29 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's #186

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:43 AM   #2  

good morning Ladies!

Chicken Capri was really yummy, very filling and definately something I'd make on a semi-regular basis. Keeper.

So I'm officially down 7 pounds for the week. Yippee. I know about half of it is water weight to start with, but I'm still very happy with the results. Would love it if I could lose another 3 pounds on the second week, but we'll see.

Ah crud, the boys are officially awake, I hear them jabbering to each other in their cribs, I'll have to keep it short. I really like the idea of waking up before them to get in a little "me" time like many of you are doing. I think I will give it a try tomorrow , just a half an hour to start. It's really hard to drag myself out of bed most mornings.

Tonight I'm having leftovers for dinner, whatever I can scrape up. It's a Yoga night and I have to eat before Steve gets home from work, so my tummy is empty for class. Steve will have to fend for himself, he's good at that.

I still need to sift through about 12 huge trash bags of clothes that Logan and Ethan outgrew for the yard sale. Yuk, not looking forward to that chore. My house is still a stye and I'm still using the having a yard sale as an excuse. LOL, after this weekend I will have to come up with a new one!

Gotta run, check in at nap time hopefully,
Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Di - You have me cracking up!!! I love excuses!! Aren't they so convenient Shhh don't tell hubby I said that

Cindi - I know what you mean about getting a p/t job and not being able to keep up, as I've said before though I am very fortunate that my hubby is good about keeping stuff up around the house, last night I was working and I called home to check on him and the girls and he had them bathed and fed! I was impressed when I got home at 7 Teagan was in bed and Taylor was just hangin out as usual lol. He's just so wonderful!

I gotta tell ya I am totally exhausted today That sicky feeling I had last night kept me up most of the night and now I'm just going to waste today away. I think my thyroid is being sluggish lately too though, I really want to try a different med but my doctor doesnt like the one I want to try I've heard a lot of good stuff about it though, *sigh* lol whine whine whine lol I'm good at that so my hubby tells me lol Ok I'm gonna get going, I'll check in later!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Michelle, your dh sounds so great with your girls. My dh would balk at the thought of having to put all 3 to bed or keep them by himself for a few hours. I know he'd never last 3 days by himself the way I do it everyday, lol. But that is ok, that's why our marriage works so good, I make up for what he lacks and vice versa. A true compliment of each other. Do you think you should call your doctor today and tell him how you feel? I hope you feel like your old self soon. Get a nap in today if you can!

Di, congrats on the 7 lbs!!! That is fantastic! At this rate you'll be at your goal in no time. What plan are you on again? my dh WI's this saturday and I'm excited to see how he is doing. Have fun going through those clothes!

Cindi, I could never keep up with laundry if I had to do 3 loads a day! I do one load every other day and I complain about that, lol. Now I won't, you have a much bigger family to take care of. Who else do you do laundry for? (you said there was a 9th person)

Melinda, I can't believe how much you have planned for JW this summer! lol. He has more of a life than I do! But it sounds like it will keep you busy. And I say a small party for a 1st b-day is nice. I mean they won't remember it anyway and too much stimulous may make him cranky. But every child is different.

Geri, thanks for checking in! Hope to hear more from you later.

Well, I was on a roll this morning. I had everything in my house done by 9 am!!! That was cleaning the bathroom, laundry, dishes put away, breakfast, vacumming, etc. I feel really good. So I did some crochet for a while and am fixing to do some more. All I have left to do today is sweep and mop the kitchen, which I plan to do during nap time, and take a shower. Then the house is officially clean!
Ok, got to get off here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 01:26 PM   #5  
SAHM of 3

Well it sounds like you girls are doing good today. Spryng, when I get pregnant, all motivation is gone. My sink still shines but I only clean the floors as needed and the bathroom. Maybe after the first trimester I'll have more energy.

Di, wtg on the loss. That is totally great. Keep up the good work. I can't imagine not getting up before my kids, but I like to get up before the sun comes up, about 2 hours before them, but being pregnant I don't do that very often. I try to get up at least 30 minutes before.

Melinda, don't let the small amount of weight up get you down. You've been here longer than me so you should know that it's not over and it's not the end of the world. It just pushes you alittle more.

Well, let me start by saying that I have completed a home interior decorating course at home. I don't have my diploma until I'm done paying for the class but it was something I wanted to do so badly. I'm getting my first job as an interior decorator. It's for my mom so I may not make anything, I'm using it to learn, but she'll probably pay anyway. She is remodeling her kitchen. I'm meeting with one contractor tomorrow to go over it. I'm so excited to get this under way.
Okay, I called my doctor and the receptionist said he'd call me. I was SOOOOO impressed, the actualy doc called me back in like 30 minutes or so. I couldn't believe it. First of all my blood came back great. He said I must have been taking vitamins or something, he said I was opposite of anemic, I was very strong and healthy. I thought about the good I've been doing and taking Watkins Female Formula vitamins. He also said that I wasn't immuned to Rubella. He couldn't believe that. He just said to stay away from anyone with Rubella or measles or mumps. He said I'll be vaccinated after I have the baby. And he said I'm barely pregnant. Now I'm only 3 weeks. He put my due date at February 3rd give or take a week. After a sono. he'll put a more definite date.
Anyway, I'm fixing to go lay down for a nap. TTYL
Old 06-03-2004, 01:36 PM   #6  

Spryng - You are so right about when you find the one person who just fits so right with you! That is my hubby perfectly for me! Sometimes I wanna just cry cuz he is just so great to me and our girls!! A hardworker, great provider, (moderately) affectionate lol you know men in the affection dept. not always great at showing their feelings. But we make it a point in our house to tell everyone how much we love them at least once a day and there hasn't been a day since we've been married/had children that it hasn't been said! Its so important to me to let the people I love know it because you never know if this will be the last time you can say it. I'm not going to call my doctor about my thyroid, he checked my levels last week and they were in the normal range, very low normal but norm. none the less. And like Di said before sometimes it just doesnt show in the blood work. I think fatigue and general crappy feeling are to be expected in a pulmonary/thyroid patient lol. I tell ya the last year has been like a train wreck for me lol. I know I kind of talk about it too much, I try not to but it keeps me from getting overwhelmed by it all So thanks in advance for listening.

Well today I'm kind of off plan because I want to get my blood sugar back to normal I really think thats what was wrong yesterday, so I'm having some more oatmeal cookies and tons of water. I just got too busy the last 2 days that I didnt find the time to take care of me. I'm working on it lol. I told hubby that when we finish these oatmeal cookies he is not to make anymore lol I could easily get addicted to them lol. Yes I'm also going to try and take a nap. Hubby was going to let me sleep in but he woke me up cuz he had to go turn in the schedule for the week at work. Ok I've babbled on long enough lol. I'll check in later.
Michelle
Old 06-03-2004, 02:22 PM   #7  

Michelle - Take care of yourself and get some rest. What do they recommend you eat when you are feeling sluggish. I hope you get better soon.
Do you have a set schedule with your job every week or does it vary?
Dh put No gifts (She's married to me, what more could she want? ) on the invitations, but people still brought gifts. I didn't open them until most of the people left.

Di - Great on the weight loss. Do you feel like Yoga really tons your body? Have a good class tonight. We made it to the gym, but not to the class today.

Spryng - You are on the ball with the cleaning. Those things were on my list to do for JW, but nothing opened until 900 so I had to wait. The swim lessons are already booked. I will have to wait for the next registration.

Crystal - Good that the doctor called you back. 3 weeks. The doc didn't even see me until about 10 weeks. I love your motto with a healthy preg.

Have a good afternoon ladies! I am going to get a nap.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 02:36 PM   #8  
Walking away the weight

Default Hey ya'll

Okay . . . can I just confess now that today has been a flexpoint day ??
I earned exercise points, but have had to add an additional 5 flexpoints to that! I know I'm technically still OP, but I'm not making the best choices today.

Spryng - I'm glad dh will be home and it sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. I'm not positive what I'll be doing yet. You were soooo productive this morning!

Melinda - JW does have a lot on his plate for the summer! I call it a "cart."

Hi, Geri - hope you have a good day!

Michelle - I'm glad to hear you're resting - you deserve a break DH sounds like a gem!

Cindi - hi! We're having Taco Salad as well, so maybe you should join in too

Di - hooray on the 7lb loss - that's wonderful! Sounds like you have a busy day planned - hope it's a good one.

Crystal - congrats on the home decorating stuff - keep us filled in on how all that progresses. Wow!!! only 3 weeks? That's all exciting news

Okay, I'm off for now.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 02:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi all! Here I am again! lol

Just finished mopping so I am taking a breather. Boy was that floor filthy!

Leigh, is your Wi tomorrow? Enjoy those flexpoints! I haven't been eating my AP's. But I did find out today I made a mistake in my pts yesterday. I didn't eat much dinner as I stated yesterday (or was it this morning) because it came out nasty. So I have a wendy's frosty. Well i thought I ordered the junior frosty because that is only 3.5 pts, but then I remembered I ordered off the 99 cent menu and got 3 "small" frosties! The small is 7.5 pts!! So that put me over my pts yesterday. So what I think I will do is make my dinner light tonight. Which won't be too hard since the chili I am making is only 3 pts per serving and only have one corn muffin. So dinner will be about 8 pts and that should make up for yesterday's blunder since tomorrow is my WI. I need to pay closer attention to what I order from now on, lol.

Melinda, hope you got your nap in! I may steal one here in a sec too.

Michelle, I know what you mean about men and showing affection, my dad was that way. But my dh is the complete opposite. He has to say I Love You everytime he talks to me, and several times in that conversation! lol. He's always been overly affectionate, which was good for me because I came from a very cold family when it came to showing love. And I don't think you talk about your thyroid too much. It impacts your life, your daily living and that is something you have to deal with, and we are your friends and want to know how you are and what you are going through, so don't shrink back for my sake LOL. I love ya girl!!!

Crystal, my first trimesters were always sluggish too. I was a little afraid of miscarriage and all that so I would take it really easy and my house work suffered. But by the 2nd trimester I felt better and did more, but then came the 3rd trimester and I was too big and tired to keep up so it suffered even more until the baby came, lol. Thank goodness it only lasts for 9 months! lol. So when your doc said you are 3 weeks along, does that mean 5 weeks (because of the two weeks they count from your last period?) I was confused at that. And have fun re-decorating your mom's kitchen! We did that big project on ours last year. We completely moved our kitchen into another room! It was alot of hard work but it was fun and now I have a bigger more functional kitchen. Hope you get a good nap in.

Well, I guess I will lay down for a bit too while the kitchen floor dries. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:14 PM   #10  

AWWWWWW Spryng!!! Thank you!!! That made me feel so much better!! I was wondering the same thing about Crystals doctor and how far along she is cuz I always read that you can't get a positive test til you are 4 weeks pregnant which counts the 2 weeks from before lol just like you said. I was confused about that too I was actually doing some research on it lol. When we first started ttc I read all about that stuff so I thought maybe I was going nuts so I'm glad you brought it up lol.

Crystal - Ohh that would be so much fun getting to do interior design!! I love decorating. I actually want to learn how to feng Shui and then use those principles in my own home. Can you believe I don't have a single live plant in my house?? lol Taylor killed my rubbertree she pulled all the leaves out and dumped the pot so many times so we've given up on plants til the girls are older.

Melinda - Those invitations have me cracking up!! That is something my husband would put too!! How hilarious! My job will be a set schedule, mon, tue, wed 3-7pm no big deal just a few hours for adult socialization! Yayyyy! I hope I can learn how to speak adult again, I've been talking like a baby for so long now

Leigh - Yeah today is a flexpoint day, even though I don't use WW I'm taking some "flexpoints" lol I think I have some room to wiggle still I'm sure if I were on WW I'd be ok with points and I know my calories are fine too so I'm not worried.

Oh I was going to ask isn't rubella the blood test you have to have done before you can get a marriage license? Crystal I had to take a bloodtest before getting married that showed I didn't have rubella, actually I didn't have to take the test again I just had to show that i was immune, I didn't have to take it because I had the test done when I was pregnant with Taylor that showed I was immune, but its amazing that you didn't know this in your prior pregnancies.

Ok back to my book I suppose lol. I will TTYL!!
Michelle
Old 06-03-2004, 03:30 PM   #11  
SAHM of 3

Well Michelle, I have one ivy in my home and that's it. I totally don't have a green thumb. I wish so badly that I did though. I think live plants just really complete an interior they can add so much to so little.
Well, Spryng and Michelle. 3 kids later and I have no idea what you are talking about the other 2 weeks and such. This pregnancy calculator online said I'm 5 weeks but the baby is 3 weeks which makes no sense to me. The doc said I'm 3 weeks since conception and I think that's all that matters. I think he's going on me being only 3 weeks and so am I. I don't need to confuse myself with this 4th one. I'll be 6 weeks when me and dh go away and hopefully symptons won't have me down.
I got one 10 minute nap and another 20 minute nap. Yesterday when I couldn't nap Andrew took 2 really long naps and today little bitty short naps, go figure.
Do all of you drink sweet or unsweet tea? I've always made it sweet, but I hardly drink it. But I grew up with it unsweet and I am craving and I mean craving an ice cold glass of unsweet tea. I'm gonna go make some.
Oh, btw, the new first response tests can show you when you're only like 5 days since conception and those are the ones I took. I thought they would be faint, but they weren't at all.
I hope everyone is doing well. I've got to get some things done. I got Alisa's reading books for next school year in the mail and I think I'm gonna read through them a bit.
TTYall L
Old 06-03-2004, 03:38 PM   #12  
SAHM of 3

Michelle, I just read your words about rubella but no I didn't have to do anything like that to get married. My sister isn't immuned either. I don't know why. My mom thought we had all our immunizations. But my sister doesn't believe in getting immunized so she won't have herself done. I don't know if I will or not. I think I was told that in one of my other pregnancies but it wasn't a major factor so by the end of my pregnancy I had forgotten. And the midwives don't believe in the immunizations either, not the one I used at least so she only told me the once and left it up to me and I had forgotten. I really don't find it a big deal but I'll see how the hospital reacts to that statement.
Anyways, that's it for now.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:59 PM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Spryng - yes, tomorrow is my WI day. I realize I now may only be down 1 lb rather than 2, but a pound is a pound, right? It's great that you don't eat your activity points - I always feel like I need to - also it makes me more motivated to actually work out. I'm excited about getting my videos - I hope they arrive today.

Michelle - I guess we'll have a flexpoint day together, then Except you walk more miles than I do, so it probably evens out more for you.

Crystal - with the week thing - it's because doctors usually measure from the first day of your last period and count that as the start of your pregnancy. But most people actually conceive about two weeks after thir cycle, so doing it that way actually adds on 2 weeks.

Check in later
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:13 PM   #14  

Crystal - I don't think all states require the blood test to get married anymore. But Montana requires a test stating that the woman is immune to rubella. Thats why I thought it was wierd that you still weren't immune to it lol. Leigh explained the 2 week thing perfectly! So technically you are 5 weeks pregnant and the baby is 3 weeks developmentally . Its so wierd how when I was trying to get preg with teagan I knew all that stuff and then once I did get preg. I totally forgot about everything I had learned about conception and fertility and such lol. Man I should just stop talking about babies and pregnancies right now cuz its going to make me want another one lol EEKKSSS!!! No way no how! lol

Leigh - You are right a pound is a pound!! Be proud!!
Ok I'm going to take a nap now!
Michelle
Old 06-03-2004, 05:01 PM   #15  
SAHM of 3

Michelle, that's what you think. My good friend had her first and said that was all. I said yeah right, you wait. Finally she wanted another one. She had the boy first and wanted a girly girl so bad, she got one. She said that is it. She's got three now. I thought my three was it too. I mean I really really really thought that was it. God has other plans for us than we do, let me tell you.
I still only sort of understand the 2 week thing. I mean I understand how it's come up with but I don't understand why they would go with that. I mean technically the baby is only 3 weeks and it won't come out until it's 40 weeks (I mean unless it comes early), so the doc will go with that and I will too. I'm 3 weeks. Beleive me I would love to be further along, but I don't see it that way.
Anyways, I still am not sure what I'm making for dinner. I think I'll sautee chicken breasts and squash and zucchini and toss with pasta, if I have some with a side salad. That sounds good and easy.
TTYall L