Old 06-04-2004, 12:28 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Morning girls!!

I have to get groceries today too! I'm also getting another a/c for our living room its starting to get hot here. Nothing too exciting planned for today. Hubby and I are going out to a movie on sunday though so I'm excited for that! I know not everyone probably cares for Harry Potter because some think of it as witchcraft but I love the imagination involved in the stories and such adventure! It should be fun!

My house is an absolute disaster, I don't know what hit it! lol So I need to get it cleaned up. Argghhhh!!

Crystal - That is terrible that your husband called you those names!! My hubby has NEVER called me names (or not that I've heard ) That is really crossing the line!! Lay down the law girl and make him understand that you will NOT stand for that!! You are absolutely right that you can learn behaviours by the way you were raised but that is NO excuse, and don't except it as one. Stand tall girl!!

Geri - You are always soo busy do you ever have time to breathe

Spryng - I've been thinking of getting our groceries delivered, it costs a little more but oh so convenient, they can take drycleaning too I bet hubby won't let me though lol. I just hate shopping in the afternoon on a friday the store is just packed.

Teagan is starting to stand in her crib and now she refuses to take her nap and I'm going bonkers!!

Well I better go get her I think I'' have to rock her to sleep. Ughhhh

I'll talk to you all later!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:29 PM   #32  
Walking away the weight

Di - not only did we post at the same time (so I missed you), but we gave Crystal almost the same advice!!! Great minds think alike, huh? And I know what you mean about needing a date night. So do we . . . we just need to find a regular sitter instead of depending upon sporadic visits from the grandparents!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:32 PM   #33  

Leigh - Congrats on the 1 lb down!!!!

Di - The first 2 weeks are the hardest!! but keep up the good work!!

I gotta go, I have an angry baby!
Michelle
Old 06-04-2004, 12:32 PM   #34  
Walking away the weight

Michelle - oops! missed you too! I also love Harry Potter movies. I have groceries delivered every so often if things around here are completely crazy. It averages out to maybe once a month or once every six weeks for me. You're right, it doesn't come out to that much more than I'd spend anyway. I was wondering about standing in the crib - Liam pulls himself up now too, and I was wondering if that means we should lower the mattress???
Old 06-04-2004, 12:35 PM   #35  

Ladies, tomorrow will be the last day of nursing. He is really not interested anymore. I weighed in today and am only .2 down from Tues, still up from last week. Since I will no longer be nursing, there are more options with LA.
Oh, by the way, my new motivation is that I need to get off some weight before getting preg again. Dh said that we could start trying again in August, when JW is one. I would like to lose 20 pounds by then, but I will be happy with whatever comes my way. I think 15 pounds by the end of Aug is realistic. I think my slow lose the in the past has been me worrying about my milk supply. Tomorrow is a new day!

Crystal - I agree with Spryng. You are going to have to get out of that cycle, so that dh doesn't teach the children those bad behaviors.
Would your husband go to therapy for anger management. I think there is an inner reason why he is so upset and he is taking it out on you. You definitely don't need this stress in your life.
We went to see Shrek 2, I loved it better than the first.
Spryng - so good for you for getting out of that environment and making yourself a better family.
Ricci - what kind of school is starting at this time of year? Good to see you posting.
Leigh - Do you think you are waking him up when you are up and about? Our room and JW are upstairs and when he is sleeping I have to be downstairs or he will not stay asleep. He hears every move I make, but the phone does not wake him up.
Geri - The birthday was great! Thanks for the greeting. Have fun outdoors.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:36 PM   #36  

Leigh- Yep as soon as hubby gets home I'm having him lower the mattress. Teagan is a tall baby so I can just see her flinging herself over the rail lol. Thank god I let her cry a little bit and she is just tuckered out now! Fast asleep as soon as I gave her a bottle! Taylor is also laying down in their room she is watching a veggie tales movie. So hopefully I can get some stuff done around here!

Michelle
Old 06-04-2004, 12:41 PM   #37  

Melinda - Keep up the good work and you'll attain your goals!! How exciting that you and hubby are gonna ttc #2!! That was so exciting, but frustrating at the same time lol I must have used 200 pregnancy tests in the 8 months we were ttc lol. I found out I was pregnant with Teagan the week before we had an appointment at a fertility clinic. We were going to a fertility clinic, because I had cycle problems they were lasting anywhere from 28 days to 56 days and it made it very hard to predict ovulation. I even used ovulation predictors and had charts with the days we could have sex lol, and taking my temp every morning before getting out of bed. Man oh man is conception a chore Good luck!!
Michelle
Old 06-04-2004, 01:41 PM   #38  
soontobethin

Good afternoon ladies.
Can anyone explain to me how a guys bathroom gets so friggen dirty? ugh. I hate cleaning bathrooms, but especially the one that dh and ds's use.
Eric(ds #1) started summer school. It's from 8-2:30 M-F. I am not sure why they started on a Thursday. Yesterday they sent home a supply list with him. It is not easy to find some school supplies in the summer. We were at wal mart for an hour and a half trying to find a school box.
Crystal, I agree with everyone else, dh shouldn't call you those names even in jest. And just because he was brought up around it, doesn't mean he should do it. My mom put up with my dad's verbal abuse, sometimes physical, towards us kids too, for 27 years. She finally divorced him last year. My dad's dad was like that, and my oldest brother broke the cycle. He refused to treat anyone that way. Same with my dh. His family isn't the greatest. But he was the one who was willing not to repeat the behavior. So the pattern can be broken or changed, it just may be harder for your dh.
Leigh, as soon as the baby can pull up in the crib, lower that mattress. It's amazing how quickly they can get out of the crib once they start pulling up.
I finally got some bike riding in. The weather here has been so nice for a change. Not too hot, no humidity, perfect.
Hi to everyone else. Have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 02:42 PM   #39  
Walking away the weight

Hi guys - just a quick post as Liam is FINALLy asleep, so I'm racing around getting stuff done. Liam only let me get 15 minutes of my ab workout done before he started fussing for me. I got mad and yelled at him Then I felt horrible, of course. I think I was just pushed to the brink today because he hadn't given me any time to myself or to get anything done. So now I'm feeling like a very bad mother.

Michelle and Ricci- thanks for the info - we'll lower his crib tonight then.

Melinda - somehow I missed your original post - sorry! Congrats on being back on track and in the right direction DH and I are considering TTC when Liam is around 18 months. We're not positive, but it will probably happen . . .
Old 06-04-2004, 02:50 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Wow, the thread has been busy since I posted last!

Ricci, so how does your ds like school? How are you doing?

Melinda, congrats on the .2 gone! Seeing the scale go down, if only a little bit is still a great thing. But I'm sure now that you are not going to be nursing anymore your weightloss will pick up because you'll be able to eat less and exercise more. How long did it take you to concieve your first baby? Conception is very easy to me. Once I'm off the pill I'm usually pregnant in 2-3 months tops. I hope it is easy for you too! Just think, next May you may have a new little baby to snuggle with! So exciting.

Michelle, I love harry potter too! (and so do my kids) but I wouldn't go to the theater to see it. Right now I would love to go see The Day After Tomorrow or Troy. I did rent Monster today, has anyone seen it? Dh and I will watch it after the kids are in bed tonight.

Leigh, you'll have to let us know how those toning tapes are! So glad they are finally coming in. What are you having for dinner tonight?

Di, I am at my goal weight. 130 is my goal weight and I'm 129. But I had a personal goal weight of 125, so that would give me a little leniency with my weight you know? But I'm stuck at 129-129.5 for the past 7 weeks. I want to start maintaning so badly but first I want to get to 125 for that cushion. I saw the last samurai and I really liked it, I cried a few times during it, but I many have been suffering from PMS, lol. And I hope you and Dh can get a date night soon. I think all marriages need it. Dh and I get one at least once a month.

Geri, hope to hear from you again later!

Well, my dh should be home around 3 pm. I'm making carmelized garlic chicken for dinner, it's a recipe rave so it should be good. Dh WI tomorrow so I'm excited about that. Since I'm not losing weight now I'll live vicariously through everyone else, lol. I had subway for lunch which was really good.
Well, guess I will get in the shower and maybe grab a small nap before he gets home. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 03:28 PM   #41  
Walking away the weight

Hi again girls! Well, while Liam was sleeping I straightened up a bit and did another 15 minute segment of toning. So I did 15 minutes abs, 15 minutes thighs/butt. Boy can I feel it!! I like the tapes a lot, though. Tomorrow will be arms, then

Tonight will either be steamed shrimp and brown rice from the Chinese restaurant; or maybe something low fat from a Thai place. I'll have to see what DH feels like. I need to go have a snack or else I'll be way under points today.

Have fun with your DH!!
Old 06-04-2004, 03:37 PM   #42  
SAHM of 3

Hi girls. I did some of my errands today. Andrew had been really really cranky and then Ally started to not feel good and we made it home, Andre laid down, Ally had alittle fever, I gave her medicine and we both took a nap. She's up and feeling better. She does that sometimes, just gets down in the dumps for a little while but comes out of it rather quickly. Is that normal in any way? Do any of your kids do that?
Well, thanks girls for all your words. I agree with all of you of course, but there is just something that no one gets. My dh is different, meaning, he's sooooo good alot of the time and then others he's like a different person. His moods change like the flip of a coin, really. You can't just sit down and talk to him, he does NOT get anything out of that. If you try to be serious with him, half of the time, he won't take it that way. He puts words in your mouth or at least turns your words around and makes you stuck. My dh would push me all the way, meaning, if I was standing firm and my only option was to leave, he would push me all the way, he does not back down or scare AT ALL !!! And divorce has never ever been an option, my parents never divorced so I wasn't around a broken family and I refuse to let my kids. If it were physical, yes, I can say that would be the answer. But when you marry you take the good with the bad and no the name calling is wrong, I know and agree, but I can't really say to my kids in years, "your daddy called me names that's why he's not around", that sounds so petty. If it were like how my FIL really used to be, yes that was constant and 10 x worse. Dh wasn't calling me names in anger and to him he was joking. Yet again, I'm not defending him, it was wrong, but stand firm or don't let down is so much easier said than done.
Anyways, he somewhat apologized. He did not say I'm sorry, I was wrong, which is what I wanted to hear, but my dh does NOT apologize hardly ever. I didn't say a word to him and I wasn't gonna call him today which I usually do. He NEVER calls me during the work day on his own and he did today. He asked how I was doing, told me to have a good day and said I love you, that was his apology. Beggars can't be choosers, huh? I just had to accept it for what it was. But I think I got the point across because I did not back down, I did not speak first and I always do. So if we ever talk about this moment I will make sure he got my point and that it won't happen again, but I don't think it will anyways.
Well, I didn't get to go to Walmart so when Andrew wakes up I think we will. Spryng, Michelle, hope you get your groceries bought. Spryng sure hope you have a great weekend with dh. We've got Ally's birthday party tomorrow.
I'll check in later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:00 PM   #43  
Walking away the weight

Starting a new thread . . . see you at #187!