Old 06-03-2004, 05:18 PM   #16  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Geez, Crystal, you must be a wild woman, LOL. I always knew exactly how PG I was after the first 2 or 3 because I could remember exactly when we had S_x!! Shows how inactive our love life can be with so many kids! LOL!! I have had kids sleeping with me for as long as I can remember, so it's amazing we had more...they say once is enough!!!

Spryng...I have 5 boys, and 1 girl of mine, but my step son lives here as well, so that makes 7 kids and me and DH. 9 of us here! I don't always DO 3 loads a day, that's just how much I would need to do to stay on top of the mountain we call our laundry pile!

Michelle, get well!! Take it easy and enjoy your flex point day.

Di...Congrats on the 7 pounds!! WTG!! Who cares if it's water, it's 7 POUNDS!!!

Leigh...everyone needs an off day and you have been doing so well!! Don't sweat it!! I think now we are having barbeque, I forgot I had a pork roast that needed to be cooked TODAY!

Hey GERI!!! Hey Melinda!!!

My house is coming together nicely today. I have one room that needs serious help, so I will be tackling that shortly. Christian is a little better, but only a little. Whew, I hope they do something quick with him!!

Be back later!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 06:06 PM   #17  
SAHM of 3

Well, Cindi, my TOM is never ever ever regular. Never has been since I've been an adult. I thought I knew the last one, but I couldn't be exact. Oh well, that's what sonos. are for, huh?
How many of your kids sleep with you? Alisa did until right before we had Ally we moved her in her own bed and never again has a kid slept with us. I can't stand when kids sleep in my bed, it's my bed and not theirs. I know Ally and Andrew have only a time or two when they've been sick or something. We learned with Alisa and it won't happen again.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 07:16 PM   #18  
Walking away the weight

Happy evening everyone. Had a good dinner - taco salad and fat-free corn bread. I love Tex-Mex

Michelle - I know exactly what you mean about thinking about being pregnant. DH and I have discussed seeing how we feel about another when Liam is around 18 months or so. Not sure, though - I'd really like to talk to a doctor first to ask about the whole pre-eclampsia thing. I want to be well-informed before I go down any path

Cindi - Wow. I sure hope Christian's recovery speeds up then. Not good! But your housework sounds like it is under control.

Crystal - I think the reason a lot of doctors count it from your period is because most people don't know the exact day they conceived, but they are certain about the day they had their period, so it's easier for them to count from there. The whole thing is a bit strange, though.

Well, all my orginazational items arrived tonight, so tomorrow I'll begin re-doing my scrap space. Or maybe tonight after Liam goes to sleep I'll get a head start I have 2 points left for the night, so if I'm hungry then I'll have a WW dessert. I just love their desserts . . . can I eat them in place of meals???
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:00 PM   #19  
2BoysMom

Wow ladies,

You have been busy here today! We were outside all day and this is really the first chance I've had to post.

I have to go back and read 185 but since the boys are occupying themselves with toys and eachother I had better start typing.

Spryng, I know I don't need to say this, but have fun with Dh this weekend! Looking forward to the WI's.

Leigh...I've been doing too many flexpoints but I have also been getting my workout's in and doing a lot of yardwork!

Cindy, is Christians appt tomorrow?

Di, congrats on the 7 lb loss...that's just great

Michelle...Mom inturupted my walk this morning before I hit a mile but then i weeded the garden, mowed the lawn, did some trimming, cut a ton of branches off an apple tree we had and hauled them across the yard to the road and took the boys for a walk...yep, I'm ready for bed!!!

Melinda...happy 30TH...seems so long ago I'll have to catch up on you in the last thread!!!

Crystal, I never got into my dr until I had missed 2 periods...even with a pos test. I called last month for my annual and I can get in in October . She's an EXCELLENT dr and is so very popular! If I had a problem or a pregnancy ( NO WAY) I could get in right away.

I really hope I didn't miss anyone that posted today . Tomorrow we're having another gathering here so tonight I will clean to get ready. Hopefully it will be warm enough to be outside. We live very close to Lake Michigan and when the wind comes in off of the lake it gets really chilly. At least the sun was out today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night. TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:15 PM   #20  
SAHM of 3

Geri, hope you enjoyed your day outside and hope you have a quiet evening.

Leigh, tex-mex is the best. You can do so much to come up with a tex mex meal. And use red meat, chicken, pork, almost anything.

Well, I had a salad and sauteed and seasoned chicken breast and veggies. Really good I thought. I've been wanting chinese, so tomorrow, since I don't cook on Fridays, I'll probably get the buffet. Andrew has finally started being himself again. It was like the flip of a coin. All day, he's been whiny and cranky and all the sudden he's running and laughing and talking, go figure.
I think Monday I'll start back counting calories. I've always been one of those that likes to start on Monday. I've still been trying to make decent decisions, but I've fallen off the wagon big time and I feel like if I'm still gonna be apart of this gang, I need to really watch myself, I mean, that's really the point of this anyway, right? So Monday is the big day, besides, I get Shrek 2 birthday cake on Saturday. Hope everyone is enjoying their evening, I'll be back later to check in.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:35 PM   #21  
soontobethin

My ds started school today. I didn't cry though. They grow up so fast. It sounds like everyone is doing good. Geri, you had a busy day. Spryng, enjoy the weekend with dh. Crystal, only 3 weeks along? I know how you feel. My mom is a nurse in a perinatologists office. When I was prg. with my first, my mom came to visit me in Kansas. She brought the monitor to hear the baby's heartbeat with. I had just been to the dr. the day before she got there, and the dr. told me I was six weeks along. That's when you can usually start hearing the heart beat. My mom put that monitor on me, and tried for an hour to hear the heart beat. Didn't hear it until we decided to give up. I moved down here, went to the dr. here, and found out I was only 3 weeks along. Cindi, for some reason, I didn't realize you had that many kids. I don't have any plants in my place either. I also love tex mex. As for tea, I don't really like it. My tea consists of two drops of tea and about a cup of sugar. There is tea in a jug, the brand is red diamond, and I had it the other day and it was really good. Well, that's about it. Have agreat evening ladies.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:20 PM   #22  
SAHM of 3

Ricci, that was a flyby. I actually laughed at how you just threw everything together not sure who said what. I really thought that was funny. Sorry and happy that your ds started school today. Is it just some sort of summer program?

Well, me and dh had a fight. Get this...He was in a good mood and joking along and called me a slut and slut bag, which he has done before and he knows I don't like it. He laughs and laughs, it's funny to him. So I finally get rude and very seriously tell him, look I'm not laughing, it's not funny don't do it again. He actually compares it to me telling him he has a big fat mouth. I told him if he told me I had a big fat mouth I'd laugh right along with him, but there's a huge difference between what I said and what he said. But that's not all. See he said I turned into ***** mode and he's pissed at me. Go figure. I told him to find a wife that accepts him calling them slut and slut bag. He'd be looking for a while. I also said, okay I'm a ***** because I don't like you calling me slut and you're mad at me, huh, I'd like to know how that game works.
He's really honestly still mad at me. He left for a while and hasn't said a word since he's been home. I really don't understand how he thinks. If we told this story to ANYONE and that includes most men, who would say, you're right, she was being a *****. I'm in awe that he thinks he even has a stand in this argument. I'm the world's worst at caving and saying I'm sorry just to get passed it, but I'm not. I've got my mom's permission and approval to be mad and stay mad. What I mean by that is I'm always afraid my mom won't understand an argument and think there's a way I can fix it or something so for her to know the story as it happened and all of it, she said you better stay mad at him. So maybe I can. I know it's not good to, but he really really owes me an apology. But you see, he doesn't apologize, so what am I waiting for? He has apologized probably less than 10 times in about 9 years of marriage, he really hardly ever does. I always do just to get past it. Anyway, I'm not really angry at anything or anyone just him. You know how you sometimes take it out on the world, I'm not like that this time. I'm just mad at him and hope to stay that way until he thinks, you know maybe I'm wrong. I'll be waiting maybe forever for that.
Anyways, I'm hoping to go to bed soon. I'll check in in the morning.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:26 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

I've been gone all evening. Dh called and wanted me to meet him for dinner, so I drove the hour and 20 min, got to stay for an hour and drive back he'll be home tomorrow but it was nice to see him for a bit tonight. It made the kids day. I didn't make good choices though, but I have to say I'm not worried about it. I snuck a peek at my scale yesterday and I'm still the same. Stuck on this darn plateau. I'm going to work harder this next week to get off of it. Any suggestions? I'm exercising now and eating right so I just don't know what else to do. But this makes 7 weeks of no progress. Getting frustrated here. Maybe I should just give up and maintain, since that is what my body is doing anyway.

Well there were alot of posts while I was gone and I have kids that need to get in bed so I will try and catch up tomorrow. Have a great night all!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:33 PM   #24  

Crystal, I just caught your last post and you have every right to be upset. Saying things like that to you is showing you no respect. You are his wife and mother to his children (not to mention pregnant with the next and any sane man knows not to screw with a hormonal pregnant woman! lol) but it's demoralizing and not funny and you should stand you ground until he sees it that way. My dh would NEVER call me any names (he never has) joking or other wise because it isn't loving. There are proper ways to joke and then there are offensive ways. So don't feel like you need to apologize for what HE did. You did nothing wrong. I know how you feel when you say you always apologize just to get it over with and move on, I did that all the time with everyone, especially my mother, and now we don't even talk anymore because I stood up to her and won't let people do that to me. You deserve respect and being called a slut (did your children hear that?) is wrong. So hang in there, and here's a big cyber ((((HUG)))) from me. I hope you sleep good tonight. Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:58 AM   #25  
Walking away the weight

Default Morning Weigh In

Well, I stepped on the scale this morning and I am down 1lb to 166. I suppose this is good considering I went overboard twice this week. I'm feeling kind of down today. I woke up at 6:30, which would normally be half and hour before Liam, but then he woke up 5 minutes later, smiling at me. I was like, "Uh, that's a nice smile, but the whole point is for me to have some time to myself." So now I think maybe I'll wake up at 6 instead. That will definitely give me time to work out and everything.

Geri - well, at least your exercise balance out some of your flexpoints You have to make an OB-GYN appt that far in advance??? Wow!

Crystal - What??? You have an absolute right to be angry at DH -spouses should never call one anothwer names - even when furious . . . I think that undermines the foundation of the relationship KWIM? In response to your other post: I absolutely agree about Tex-Mex - it's my favorite type of food to cook. And don't be too hard on yourself for being off program - it's very hard when pregnant, I think.

Ricci - congrats on DS starting school, but I know how you feel! I've told DH that I don't want Liam to go toi school until he's six

Spryng - Glad you got a sneak peek at DH before he's home for real As for the plateau, when I was originally doing WW research (when deciding wheather or not to do it), I came across this thing called the Wendie Plan - have you heard of it? She does WW, but when she plateaus she alternates her point totals to "shake things up." So, she does like 22 points for a series of days, then switches to 30 points for another few days, etc. It's very controversial, I guess. Here's a link to her web site, but also to a letter by Dottie (from Dottie's weight loss zone) explaining her problems with the Wendie plan. Wendie plan explained
http://www.pointsforlife.com/Wendie/wendie.htm

Dottie responds http://pub121.************/fdottiswei...icID=148.topic

If you do a search for "wendie plan" a bunch of sites come up

Anyway, I'm off. Maybe Liam will nap and then we can go to Babies R Us for a few things.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:16 AM   #26  
SAHM of 3

Good Morning Girls. I can't stay on here long. Friday's are my busy day. Besides, you would never guess that I slept until 8 AM, that's because Andrew slept horrible last night and I knew I had alot to do today. The kids are hungry and so am I.
Well me and dh went to bed mad. He still hasn't said anything. I guess I won't even call him today and see how he's doing I usually do.
I'm not defending him, but y'all don't understand how he is. He was raised around this. My FIL used to be HORRIBLE to my MIL. Dh's real dad was definitely no better and he was around his real dad until he was 10 and his step dad from then on out. My FIL has changed alot with this 3rd marriage and kids of his own. That's why dh is like that though, he was raised around it constantly. They always say you repeat things from how you were raised, right.
Anyway, I'll be back later this afternoon to check in.
Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:46 AM   #27  

Good morning all!

Crystal, I definitely believe you can become a product of your enviroment if you don't try to change it. My home life growing up was horrible. my parents fought constantly, things were said and screamed and thrown (at us too) we were hit with sticks, broken flyswatters, metal hangers,etc, verbal abuse was terrible, emotional abuse took it's toll. I became a people pleaser to keep the heat off of me while growing up but it didn't always work. But I am nothing like them, and I am proud of that. I don't talk obscene, Dh and I have never had a bad fight. Even when we went through our roughest period a couple of years ago we never spoke about it in front of the kids, we never "fought" about it. Just communicated. I am very proud of the way our lives have turned out despite everything we both went through growing up. So yes, families can have a huge impact on our behavior, but we can change things and speaking like that to your spouse in jest or meaness is not right and you should really try to talk to him about it. Don't just ignore the issue. But that is just my 2 cents, lol. Do with it what you will, lol. I'm not harping, believe me, I just thought you wanted some feedback from us since you spoke to us about it and you were really upset last night. I hope you got some breakfast in and have fun doing errands today. I need to get groceries today myself.

Leigh, congrats on the 1# down!!! That is great! and what does KWIM stand for? lol, I was totally confused and I've been an internet junkie for years and never saw that abbreviation, lol. And about the wendie plan, yes I've seen it and tried to do it once but it's too rigid for me. What I like about ww is that I don't feel like I am on a diet at all. The wendie plan makes you eat a certain amount of pts each day with no flexpoints to fall back on, and even though you get a super high day, I like deciding when that day will be and how much I will eat so I felt confined and didn't like the "diet" feel to it. But maybe I should try it one more time to see if it helps break this stall. I'm going to re-look into it and think about it some more.

Well as I mentioned, I need to go grocery shopping today but I'm debating on waiting until Dh gets here so I can have some help or just getting it over with this morning. Not sure yet. But other than that I have nothing else planned for today. Guess I'll get off here and find some breakfast. TTYL!
Old 06-04-2004, 10:48 AM   #28  
2BoysMom

A quick hello again! Mom's upstairs with the boys and I came down here to look for something...but had to say hi!

I'll post later.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:16 PM   #29  

Hey everyone!

Cystal, don't sweat it about DH, you don't need to defend him to us in any way, but I think you should stick with you original plan of "not giving in" to make things easier to forget. It's obviously something that really bothered you when he said it, so stick to your guns and let him know that it's not OK at all. When things start to cool off a bit, try and talk to him about it one more time, explaining how much the name calling hurts you. If you can, just focus on how it made you feel, try to avoid statements that will put him on the defensive. If he's overly defensive, he wont hear what you are saying anyways, he'll just be too busy looking for his next comeback/statement.

I hope your day isn't too crazy with errands, good luck with everything today.

Spryng, KWIM stands for Know What I Mean? So, I actually thought you were at your goal weight already for some reason, so all this talk about stalling had me confused. Where do you want to get to weight wise? It's really really hard when you are so close to goal, the weight is that much more stubborn. I've noticed that the way my body tends to lose weight is like in spurts. You've been in your stall for quite a bit, your body is just hopefully adjusting an perhaps you will get a big Whoosh (weight loss) of a few pounds really soon. It's good that you are looking into shaking it up, also try adding more water to your day if you can stand it.

Leigh awesome job on the pound down!! That IS fanatastic considering you went off program a couple of days last week. Keep up the good work. I'm with you on the school issue, my kids may never leave the house if I had my way! I also feel just like Monica did on friends upon seeing her newborn son: "I'm gonna love you soooo much, that no woman is ever going to be good enough for you!" LOL Hopefully I'm not too mean later in life!

Arg, Steve and I really need to get out for a date night soon. I'm going to have to arrange something soon because I'm getting a little stir crazy these days. I guess I'll have to at least waite until I'm in phase two of my plan before attempting to eat out, or maybe just have a cheat meal and be done with it, either way I need some good food and nice atmosphere really soon and perhaps a good movie.

Tonight we are watching The Last Samurai, with Tom Cruise. I'll let you know if I like it or not. We just finished Master and Commander, with Russel Crowe, it was just OK to me, a little boring at times, but a decent movie over all.

OK, off to injest some caffeine, and yet another freakin egg. AAARRG! Week 2 Electric Boogaloo here I come.

-Di

Last edited by DianeJ; 06-04-2004 at 12:18 PM.
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:23 PM   #30  
Walking away the weight

Good afternoon all! I'm doing much better today program-wise. I've only had 7 points so far and it's 12:12pm

Crystal - I'm sorry you and DH are still angry. I do understand that our past impacts how we think and feel today, but there does come a point where you have to decide to change and not hurt other people. Maybe if you talk to DH not in terms of what he did wrong, but only in terms of how his words made you feel (where you only focus on your feelings/thoughts, so he doesn't get defensive), maybe he'll realize how much he hurt you and decide to change.

Spryng - KWIM is "know what I mean," it's used on 1 or 2 other boards I'm on, so I thought it ya'll would also know it - sorry! Diudn't mean to be confusing. I know what you mean about the Wendie plan - I'm not sure if I'd like the way it's structured either. But who knows how I'd feel if I ever lost enough to reach a plateau

Hi, Geri!

Well, we went to Babies R Us to pick up a few items. Including a new bath seat that hooks onto the edge of the tub. Our tub is so big that I have to either get into the bathtub, lean over so far I'm straining my back, or just have DH do it (since he's taller, it's much easier). Anyway, Liam was good except that now he's at an age when he gets annoyed if he can't play with each item in the cart

And my toning tapes will arrive today and I'm excited . . . I think I'll do abs first.