View Poll Results: What's The ONE Type Of Makeup You Can't Live Without?
Foundation 2 13.33%
Lipstick 5 33.33%
Mascara 2 13.33%
Eyeliner 2 13.33%
Blush 1 6.67%
Eye Shadow 0 0%
I Don't Wear Makeup 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 01:29 PM   #31  
Losing it!

Sher, congrats on the weight loss!!!!! You have been working your butt off! I bet you will be so relieved to finally get settled in!

Shelley, I have most of my walls painted antique white, I decorate with naturals colors, then I can add a pop of color here or there as I wish. I try to keep my walls simple and then use my furniture in patterns such as florals etc. to bring it all together. Although...if I ever have time, I have a few spots picked on my walls to paint an urn with flowers or a topiary. I just picked out a new kitchen curtain with a vineyard type pattern of all kinds of fruit. One of these days, I'm going to grab my brush and paints and paint a fruit garland above my doorway.

Dee, how are you today! Enjoy the poolhouse!

Deb, are you guys spending every free minute in the pool? We are finally having summer here, in fact it seems to be hotter then usual.

Carol, did you enjoy the movie? Allison wants to go see Schrek 2, I'm hoping this next week I can take her.

ramona, i hope you hear from Dan soon. It must be some sense of relief to you to know he's safe in a hospital somewhere. How are you and Rick doing with the new eating plan?

Have any of you guys seen Duplex? It has Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore in it. It's a dark comedy and really cute! We watched it this weekend, it probably would be better to see it all in one sitting. We had some other stuff come up and went a few days in between watching all of it.

I'm sorry if I'm not checking in much, I'm just kinda down in the dumps with things going on right now (too much to even go into...) I'm also working on some auction items to donate to a local benefit auction coming up soon.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:45 PM   #32  

WTG Sherry! 1 lb is great!

Summer school started today. Ugh! The minute I got to school at 7:AM they were calling about buses. I'm so glad I'll be gone next week!
Old 06-07-2004, 06:57 PM   #33  

Sherry, the paint color sounds lovely. I hope you will be able to post some pictures so we can see the how beautiful everything turns out. Congrats on the pound lost!!!

Debbie, can I come lounge by the pool too???? PLEEEEASE???

Shelley, I would probably go with a toasty taupe color and a crisp white trim. Whatever you decide, I know it will be beautiful.

Dee, I'm so happy that your parents' party went well. I know it must have been a lot of work, but well worth it!

Carol, did you have a good time with the girls? How was the movie?

I finally got a call from Daniel this morning. He was in the hospital 2 weeks ago, but is doing okay now. He still has a knot on his head and it is sore. His base was a car bomb go off at the gate next to his yesterday. He had to start IV's on 8 Iraqis, one of them a child. He said it was really gruesome and they are expecting it to get much worse. Thank you all for asking about him.

I am having a carport sale this weekend....my first in 20 years! I am CLEAN SWEEPING this house. If it isn't nailed down, it's going in the sale! hahaha
I hope to make 2 or 3 hundred dollars and then we are going to take a weekend and go to Branson. I actually have several pieces of furniture, so maybe I'll make even more.

Well, I've got chicken on the grill, so I better go tend to it.

I hope all my other Floozie friends have a nice evening!
Old 06-07-2004, 07:00 PM   #34  

Gayle, we were posting at the same time. I'm sorry you aren't feeling happy. Is there anything I can do? If you need to "talk", just let me know. You have been so kind and so good to help me. I hope I can return the favor. Love you!

And by the way Sherry........OF COURSE WE NOTICED YOU WERE GONE!!!! AND WE MISSED YOU!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 05:28 AM   #35  

Gayle-I didn't see your post! Please if there is anything that you want to talk about, feel free to PM or email me. I love you!! BTW, can you come to Ft Myers and paint a mural on my walls?? LOL!! I would love to be able to have your wonderful artistic talent.

Ramona-I'm so glad you heard from Daniel. I am keeping you in my prayers at all times.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:34 AM   #36  

Hey Snugs ...anytime you need to talk i am here and you know i will help. You have been there many times for me and that's what friends do.

Will check in later this evening and everyone have a good one.

Vicki
Old 06-08-2004, 11:31 AM   #37  

Finally....

Mom and Dad's 50th.

We celebrated mom and dad's 50th on May 29 at a hall in a small town five miles south from their home. Mom had her hair and make up done by professionals only to be redone by me. She wasn't happy with either of the jobs. Mom looked beautiful and Dad was looked strong and charming. The hall was decorated elagantly with white tooling with mini lights twinkling, lots of golden accents, white and red roses center pieces, candles burning on gold dolies, and for a bit of fun, gold fish in rose bowls. I had suggested the gold fish to symbolize Golden Years, mom and dad thought that would be original so they went with it. The atmosphere was magical with all the gold glittering while a live band playing olden music. We had 77 guest for dinner. Our meal consisted of coleslaw, roast beef, meat balls, perogys, cabbage rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy, mixed veggies, fresh rolls and nicely finished off with a blueberrie crumble. After dinner I was the speaker. I talked about how mom and dad came from rags to riches. There first house was a chicken coop. Now they live comfortable in a bungalow. Mom even had a speach prepared. I couldn't believe it because she is so shy. She spoke wonderfully and with so much meaning. They didn't have much of a wedding. Dad was working across the country so there wasn't anybody at their wedding. That is why this means so much to them. I talked about the recent challenges that they faced together. I don't think that there was a dry eye in the room. Mom and Dad's first walz was to I will walz accross Texas with you. It was a great party because we knew everyone. I had a couple felatives come up to me and say I looked like a movie star or a princess. How sweet. We had the famous "Party After" on sunday. We had 57 people for dinner at mom and dad's house. Food, food, food. It was a wonderful celebration.

I will try to post a few pictures in the next week.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:01 PM   #38  
Losing it!

Thank you girls for the well wishes. I feel selfish sharing my feelings here on the board when we have so many here suffering through the loss of a loved one or trying to deal with an illness of a family member. I just feel really down and I'm not sure what to do. I know most of the reasons behind my feelings and I guess I just need to find a way to work through them. I am having doubts if I should even be doing Hospice work, I'm feeling that maybe I'm not competent enough to handle what is asked of me. I'm having doubts in my faith also, I'm finding it very hard to understand why so many good people have bad things happen to them while some people who are on a self-destructive path, seem to live on for years. I try to live life by helping others as I would like to be treated and trying to be a good person, with set morals and values, then sometimes I wonder why? Nancy has made no major decisions with Hospice at this point, but it looks like I will be staying with her a few afternoons a week as a friend. She called me yesterday and asked if I would be willing. Within a one month period, her illness has became very aggressive and her health is declining daily. It's very hard for me to deal with seeing her the way she is now, she has always been such a strong willed person and has never asked for help before. It is so much easier dealing with a stranger as a Hospice volunteer compared to a friend. With a stranger, through training, I know the proper things to say and the proper actions to take. With Nancy, it is so difficult, I can't treat her as just another client, there is too many years of history behind us. Please pray for me girls, to give me the strength to do what I need to do for Nancy and her family and to know my limits as a friend. As a volunteer, I know all of the stages of acceptance for family and friends of the patient, I hope I can work through the steps I am currently experiencing myself and lay them to the side to help the family in anyway I can. Thank you so much for letting me vent, I guess I'm just feeling kinda overwhelmed right now with Nancy's illness and all of the other happenings in my life.
My classes have slowed down with Summer here. Most people are caught up in family vacations, weddings, graduations, etc. I had really hoped by the time Allison was in school, I could be setup with a regular schedule of classes that I could count on as an income, but it isn't looking that way. I run an ad in a local once a month paper and the past two months, I have had no response! It just seems like what is going over in other areas of the country, just never makes it here. I really hoped I could use my painting as a job and do something I love to do, but I guess that is not the case. I'm sorry to be such a "downer" today, I guess I better work on my attitude.

Shelley, enjoy your painting vacation! If I lived closer, I'd paint a wall for you in a heartbeat!

Ramona, good luck with the sale! I hope you make enough money to treat yourself to a vacation, you guys deserve it! Dan is in my daily prayers, I'm so happy you finally heard from him!

Vickster, how is your mom doing? Is the family situation any better?

Dee, you will cherish the memories of your parent's anniversary forever! I'm so happy your mom was in good enough health to enjoy the celebration!

Thank you again girls for letting me blow off a bit. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 04:42 PM   #39  

Gayle-I can only imagine how hard it must be to have to deal with a friend going through something that you have seen so many times before with strangers. It must be incredibly hard, but I know that you will be able to deal with it, because you are a very strong person. As far as your lessons go, remember it is summer and with any business other than vacation related things it is slow in the months between May and September. Have you tried maybe a direct mail type thing? Maybe you could get a mailing list from your church. I know a mailing list is put out in our town of all the members of the Jewish Federation here. Maybe you could buy a mailing list by doing a search on the Net of your area. You could do a letter with your own paintings printed on it. I'm sure you would get tons of interest! Maybe you have already thought of this, but I think it would be a good cheap way of going after business without the expense of advertising in papers. Just a thought! Keep your chin up. It sometimes takes years for businesses to start up. Also, have you thought about doing murals for homes? That seems to be an up and coming thing also. I wish I could come and give you a big hug!!
Old 06-08-2004, 09:09 PM   #40  

Hi.........

Just stopping in for a quick hello and to start a new thread. I'm really tired but I'll try to post tomorrow to everyone. I've read your posts...You're all on my mind and I love & care about each one of you.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:11 PM   #41  

STOP!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #93................A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!
Closed Thread