Old 06-14-2004, 07:47 PM   #61  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking Honies I'm Home!!!

Today was my first trip to the mall. Willy let us sty longer than we usually do. It was to his benefit!! he had something else to do. I had a great time but hadn't planned on being out so long. So I had to buy hotdogs for lunch at 1:30. Found some tops @ for $6 and change, LOTR's DVD, watercolor set, paper, and sneaker clogs. Had a gift certif. for the Raf Shop and got the paints there. I want to play with water colors if the heat gets too hot or during the winter.

I want to say that while I was shopping I thought of each of you. It seemed like everytime I turned around I saw something that I either thought you would like or that reminded me of one of you. Funny that we have never met yet I felt like we had while shopping!

I will have to read your posts in the morning. Eyes are a wee bit gritty. My own fault. I forgot my drops at home and glasses too. The mall was an outdoor one and I rode across a large parking lot to get to the other side without thinking. I could have bopught a pair of cheap sunglasses in the dept. store! DUH!!!

Well Chicklettes, I have a shower to take and MUST get my buns out of this chair! Sweet dreams all and good morning Sunshine!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:10 AM   #62  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oh sure, you really expect me to believe that anyone of you lot except for me will actually be AWAKE at midnight mid week? but Ok, I'm game for it as I will certainly be up. Can I toast with any beverage of my choice? I do have a fondness for amaretto and orange juice or lemonade and I could probably do that at midnight - might even get me a lovely sleep for a change! Must I wake up DH in order to clink glasses or can I be a 2 fisted drinker? At least I know that for 2 of the 3 birthdays I have to face east and for Rose's I turn the other way. The one that completely confuses me is you Shad. Are you southeast or southwest of me? Southwest I imagine if you flew from Los Angeles to Japan on your trip back home. And thank you for working out the logistics of the timing with your treddie partner today. Bet that made the time go just a bit faster - especially if you were running to catch up the more you gave it thought!

ok, I just looked it up. As the crow flies, this is the distance between us -
8914 miles (14346 km) (7746 nautical miles) and you are indeed west of me. Actually that's between me and Brissy as I have to use the larger cities. And I am the farthest apart from you. Which makes me all the more honored that you have come nearly halfway around the world to see me.

Between me and Teel - 3963 miles (6378 km) (3444 nautical miles)

me and Linus (dear, I hope she's not lopped off anyone's head by now) 3718 miles (5984 km) (3231 nautical miles) Guess I'm closer to Linus than Teel.

me and Mel are practically neighbors down the road - 684 miles (1100 km) (594 nautical miles)

better pack a light lunch if going to visit Rose - 1449 miles (2332 km) (1259 nautical miles)

and let's not forget Shaker 8187 miles (13176 km) (7115 nautical miles)

Ok, so much for my trivia contribution tonight. And good luck with the tile cutting Shad, I will cross my fingers for you as that is an activity sometimes filled with ... blue words

Sounds like it would be great fun to go shopping with Mel and Teel. It's good to hear that you ladies have finally treated yourselves to some well deserved things just for you! Mel, what will you do with the watercolors? Are you a painter or something you'd like to try your hand at?

I will try and get DH to take pictures of the yard work - we did not take before pics which we should have. And he is more fond of extreme closeups so we'll see if we can capture the effects. When we first moved into our house 22 years ago, we had a dozen magnolia trees surrounding the house. DH hacked them down the following year. They were pretty but good heavens, the bees that were attracted to them was horrible. It was impossible to stand outside - even just to come in the house you had to run like the wind - so I was not exactly sorry to see them come down. But they are beautiful trees and very lovely smelling. Teel, your garden sounds quite the lovely place to sit and enjoy a cool drink. I will meet you there to toast for your birthday, ok? I am sorry to hear that your friends will not be joining you in the restaurant. Sometimes there might be an off day with the cook or a person's stomach. What type of food was that again that you had chosen for dinner? I just remember the Chinese buffet did not work out.

Do you suppose that Linus is away for a bit planning her own big birthday bash? Since she shares her birthday with Sir Paul (McCartney) - at least I think they have the same birthday - perhaps he is reviewing the music for their big bash!

Nae, looking over the fields by your place and watching the wildlife, I think I'll join you for coffee and muffins on the deck. We can sit back and enjoy the sun rise. Since you're 2 hours behind me there's all the reason I will actually be AWAKE for breakfast with you...

Well chickies, Mr. Furnace man is coming to do the summer furnace/air conditioner check and I must be clean, dressed and ready to see him very early so I'd better get snuggly under the covers.

Only 18 more hours by Big Ben's tower until Teel's big day...

Last edited by happy2bme; 06-15-2004 at 01:14 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:52 AM   #63  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Between Mr Moko and me, we worked out that it was 41 hours of drinking. I think you will entirely tired of your amaretto and orange by that time happy. I should have made large inroads into the wine cellar as well. Best I don't go and do bodystep in the morning huh? Mr Moko however can probably carry 41 hours of drinking - he is no small turkey - must stand at least 6.6
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:25 AM   #64  

Default Morning

Hey Everyone, I made a nice long post this weekend filled with news and talking to each of you and then it went bye bye before it was posted. I know I know my friend Shad has given me clear instructions on how to avoid this , but do I listen???????? So I didn't write another one.....sorry but I was here off and on! I ended up having a great weekend and girls I have my deck all tidied up with a new table and pretty cloth and flowers just set for my worldly friends to come and join me for and brekkie!
I am so tickled with all the planning for our party...I think it should be on the weekend so you ladies can start on saturday morning and the others of us will be toasting on friday night....Like 7pm my time would make it 11am for Shad and she can have some champagne and orange juice to start her day!!!
It warms my heart to know I have friends all over the world thinking about each others birthdays.....I think you all are the best gift I have given myself in a long time!
Can't wait to hear about all the adventures when everyone returns. Now Linus please come and talk to us...... we want to know you are alright and we just want to read those comical posts of yours.......we care...no pressure to perform for us!
Miss Mel, you are the kindest most giving lady of the land..... thinking about each of us shopping is so sweet..... I am glad you got time away to enjoy yourself and do some people watching too....
I was feeling a little blue because of no contact with my two busy sons this weekend when the phone rang and it was Jesse's girlfriend Morgann and the kids are coming to see methis weekend...so I am very very excited. Our little town is actually quite busy with lots of activities so it should be very fun! It just seems like I don't hear from them except when they need something from me.... but it is the age they are at....... just glad I am there for them!
I am so discouraged about the weight situation but I am still trying and not focus on the impossible but the possible.... Hope this finds all of you well, I so enjoy those posts from all of you...the pics are so great as are all of you!
Take Good Care,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:12 AM   #65  

Start spreading the News,
She's 40 today

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Teel,

Happy Birthday to yoooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuu

Oh Happy Daze - oooops days

Have a wonderful day. Right first drink coming up in about 40 minutes from now, then I'm off to bed for a well earned sleep. I'm usually there hours ago. See what you make me do?
Old 06-15-2004, 09:21 AM   #66  

Hum, Roseblush, 7pm your time would be 8pm for Happy, 9pm for Mel and 2.00am the next day for Teel (not that it would probably worry her) and I am ahead of her. That's why we came up with a marathon drinkathon so that we could all make it for the entire 16th of June right around the world. The statistics are mind boggling trying to get us all on the same wavelength at the same time.

Good night or rather good morning to you all. Happy birthday to the old girl!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2004, 09:38 AM   #67  
Choose your hard

Kind thanks to Mr. Moko too. 41 hours of drinking?????

How can ANYTHING possibly be wrong with life and the world in general when we're doing 41 hours of drinking I knew there was a wonderful reason we were all attracted to each other Can I start early in case I don't get the proper blend of orange juice and amaretto?

Nae, your breakfast table sounds delightful. I'll bring the croissants and fruit plate. We can stick a candle in half a cantelope for a fire proof, low calorie birthday "cake". Actually I can probably muster up a pretty unique creation with the fruit sitting in the kitchen right now... think I'll go try that out now.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:42 AM   #68  
Choose your hard

One... two... three.... at the time of my post, Shad has less than 20 minutes to get ready to "pop the cork" for Teel. Get ready....
Old 06-15-2004, 01:37 PM   #69  

Well done Shad for working out all those time zones with Mr. Moko..please say thank you to him on your next marathon treadmill! Hopefully, as Happy says, time goes rather faster when you are discussing a 41hr drinking session!! Here it is 18:25hrs...only 5 1/2 hrs to go!!
Shad your post had SO many smilies in it! I feel quite upstaged!! I have never tried amoretto and orange....perhaps the time has come!!
And well done to Happy for getting all those mileages right. A good job cyber-parties transcend all measurements!!
I had a friend for lunch today...the one who lost her husband last year. She is off to Italy next week for a 12 day package. And she brought my birthday pressie and I was given permission to open it early....hee hee! It is a beautiful cut glass ornament...a glass violin suspended in a glass box..3D effect and it sits on a miniture base which lights up 3 colours..white, red and blue so it is very pretty. Thats not a good description of it but I know you have all got good imaginations!!
Well thats all for now. I wish Linus would put in an appearance...I am getting a bit worried. Hope she is all right.
Ta ta for now then. I will reurn...ON MY BIRTHDAY!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:40 PM   #70  

Hello Happy....I know you are there!!!!

But I am not 'cos I am off to make some dinner!!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:15 PM   #71  

Default Happy Birthday Teel

HAVE A GOOD ONE!!!!!!!! THE VERY BEST AND ENJOY YOURSELF........
THINKING OF YOU........ A TOAST FOR 41 HOURS...YIKES...... I MIGHT BE TOO OLD FOR THAT ONE...BUT I CAN TRY!!!!!
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:57 PM   #72  

Default im alive im still sane and im here

good evening chickies sorry for going awol but been two of those sodding days right ill start with the smoking saga i dutifully got rid of all ciggies and ashtrays and popped on a patch before going to bed on friday evening managed all day saturday without killing anybody but by the time dh got back from the pub on saturday evening i was getting very upset so i called the 24 hour quit line and the very nice lady told me that because i smoked more than 40 cigs a day the patches would not stave off the cravings and recomended just cutting down till i could see my gp and get a prescription for the tablets{possibly the same ones happy used}so after sending dh to the all night garage for cigs i sat down and created a stopping plan which after not being able to get an appointment with my gp till the 21st i had to scrap ive decieded to cut down until i see gp so since saturday ive smoked nearly 40{38} instead of 160 and i must admit im feeling okaybut as im still to wear the patches i wont say im there yet but i havent killed anyone and my kids just about feel safe to talk to me again TEEL ill pop back into wish you a happy birthday later the pressie sounded lovely maybe just as well youmdidnt tell her to go and boil her head when she was being so inconsiderate towards you ROSE enjoy the weekend with the kids should keep you on your toes just remember exercise is good for you HAPPY i cant find the post that you mention the name of the tablets you were on so if you could let my know the lady has sent an e-mail to gp to recommend zyban but to be quite honest if i manage to keep to the small amount im smoking now i might give it another go with the patches this weekend {ill keep some cigs handy just incase} SHAD if you can manage 41 hours of drinking then your a better lady than me id be flat on my back {dont tell hubby that he might take advantage} but i will raise a glass of diet irn-bru at the appropriate times im not planning anything for mine at the moment dh was taking me out but ds is complaining about stying with his aunt so well wait and see mum left another pressie for me today as she was going to the caravan slippers and scotch tablet and no its not the diet kind but i only had 3 out of the box of belgian chocs craig brought me back from brugge so i think im entitled to eat it im going to anyway so MEL my eyes are a bit sore at the moment but thats because i forgot to put my specs on as i was cutting nad pinning my new bolsters and cushion covers and cusion pads and recovering dh,s computer chair so i think ill leave sewing them until tomorrowor ill be really sore why do we always remember the things were supposed to do after its too late??? anyway ladies im off for a coffee and ill pop back later to start the celebrations
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 06:19 PM   #73  
Choose your hard

Oh God Linus PLEASE STOP USING THE PATCH IF YOU ARE SMOKING!!! You can get too much nicotine and actually cause yourself to have a stroke. It is very VERY dangerous to smoke while using any sort of nicotine replacement therapy - gum, patches, lozenges. The only reason I stayed off the fags for 7 weeks in '98 was because I was afraid to be smoking with the patch. So I'd decide to smoke and rip the patch off my arm and then I'd have to wait about 3 hours and drink lots of water to flush the nicotine out. By then I got over my craving, would put the patch back on and go through the silly cycle all over again until I finally got fed up and went back to smoking full on.

Having used both methods, I would suggest the Zyban pills. You are right - the patch does absolutely NOTHING to deal with your cravings. Actually the Zyban doesn't either - truth be known. Here's what the Zyban does that will perhaps help you. Zyban interferes with the dopamine - the pleasure/satisfaction that you get from smoking. After the first 24 hours, you will notice that the cigarettes taste funny - cottony is how I would describe it. Much like borrowing someone else's brand. You're smoking but it's not satisfying any more. You still smoke while on the Zyban - in fact you must continue to smoke for at least 1 but no more than 2 weeks while you are on the pills (I think that's to reinforce to your brain that this is unpleasant). If you continue to smoke beyond the 2 week mark, it's more unlikely that you will be able to stop at all.

The honest truth is that you are going to really, truly WANT to stop more than anything in the world. Because no matter what, you will get cravings - the only way you won't get them is if you go into a coma and even then after you woke up, you'd still get them because you are conditioned to the habit of smoking. I admit that when I quit, I had 6 packs left over. I gave 5 to my aunt and kept 1. Still have that one in my purse. And I can't seem to toss it out. I tell myself that I can hang in there - if things should get sooooo horrid, I could open that pack and smoke 1. Since it's 2 months old, the cigs are probably getting a little stale so that would make it taste worse than if I went and bought a fresh pack out of desperation. I don't know if it's a good thing or not that I have them. Sometimes I think I am just "between" smoking bouts and unless I can toss them in the trash, I have not truly quit. Today for some reason, I am having really strong urges to smoke. Not that I'm tense or anything. I still find cigarettes attractive when my neighbor is smoking. The only time I found it nasty was when we were in a pub and there was a huge bar with about 50 people smoking all at once - that was overwhelming. But one on one, that demon still has a grip on me.

I also think I have the right type of addictive personality. I always want to do the worst thing for me. Just BECAUSE I want to, even if I know it's bad for me. Stubborn old goat I am!

Anyhow, nothing will really get rid of the cravings. It's a battle between you and your brain. And each annoyance you come across, your brain will be saying - go have a smoke - that will make it better

Don't rush it, I know you probably feel that if you don't do it right now you will lose your resolve. I did alot of reading all over the internet the week before I decided to quit just to motivate myself. If you want to get a jump start immediately you can by switching brands right now while you are waiting for your GP appointment. When I had decided, I just called my doctor and over the phone they called the chemist to give me my prescription since I have an appointment for my regular check up next month. Anyway, if you switch brands that will immediately make it less satisfying to smoke. If you smoke menthols, switch to non menthol and if you smoke regulars - go to lights - get as far away from your current brand as possible. Make a promise to yourself that if you're going to continue to smoke - these new horrid tasting fags are all that you'll allow yourself. As soon as you finish this pack, don't go back to your current brand. Good luck girl, I know what you're going through. I wish I could say - yes, 3 days of pain and it's all over with.... Don't be a stranger. Rant if you need to. And big congratulations to you for having a plan and only smoking a tiny bit of what you'd normally smoke!!!!! Each one you can avoid is a tiny step in the right direction.

In other news.... 40 minutes on the clock of Big Ben before it chimes for Teel.... 40 minutes to still be in your 30's missy - live it up Do you think at this moment she'd out front on the road dancing in the middle and shooting off the fireworks while singing at the top of her voice?????

48 hours and 40 minutes until the bells ring for Linus....

Last edited by happy2bme; 06-15-2004 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:00 PM   #74  

Morning all.
I'm back again. Yes that drink I had for Teel's birthday sent me off to the land of nod without too much trouble. However I was late getting up this morning. Late for what I ask? Well it does not pay to get too far out of sync with the working world even when you are not working as you end up becoming lazy if you don't take care.

Big Ben - now there is a name and a half. In the true tradition of the English ability to confuse, the clock is called Big Ben, the tower it sits in is named St Stephens Tower. Been there, been confused. The English are really good at it - you need to try driving though the country roads looking for a town called Looe - or Polperro - or Lye doesn't matter which. You see a signpost that points you in the right direction. That's the last signpost you see for that town. If you come to a crossroad, in the absence of better directions go straight ahead. If you come to a tee intersection, turn left. Why I don't know. If you stop to ask directions of an old bloke leaning on a fence, you will get the stare - (the 'why don't you know where it is' look) and if you ask why there are no signposts you get the other look - (the 'we had a war on here you know' look) Never mind that the war was 60 years ago. Still for all that, I had some of the best driving experiences of my life on those country roads. I begged Chris to get us off the highways and freeways and put us on those country roads. They were so much fun. So narrow that sometimes we thought that we were going up someones driveway. Scotland was even better with 'the Passing Places'. Anyway I digress and that is another story.
Linus, be careful with smoking and patches and zyban stuff. I think you should take some Happy's advice and just think about it until you can get to the Dr. Planning for the change is always a good idea and you can fit things into the plan as you think of them. We will be standing by to toast you on the 18th as well. Do I have to keep a 41 hour watch for you as well. I know Teels is a really special birthday, but how about yours - a milestone????
Teel that violin sounds lovely and just for you! So nice of your friend to remember your birthday. Maybe she is beginning to come out of that grief cycle she was in. So hard for her. Nice to think she is getting herself out and about as well.
Okay, time to go and flip a coin to decide on grout or garden this morning. Think it will be grout. I am so looking forward to seeing that bathroom finished.

Counting down to Linus' birthday - and then I have my friend Chris in Japan who on the 20th becomes older than me again, and following that Nae and my sister have a birthday on the same day!!! Woo hoo what a month for celebrating.

Right I have raised the coffee cup to Teel for breakfast and will get the Champagne out shortly to chill.

Catch you all later
Old 06-15-2004, 08:12 PM   #75  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking Happy Birthday Miss Teel!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEEL!!

We will lift a glass this day to celebrate our Eastern Friend!!!! I bought Pink lemonade for the occassion and will drink it in the morning!!!!
Hope you are having a wonderful start to the birthday and will continue to have a good time till it ends over by Nae's house! LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TEEL
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

NOW CLICK ON THE CAKE AND MAKE A WISH AND BLOW OUT THE CANDLES!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif 10cakecp.gif (3.3 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-15-2004 at 09:12 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote