Old 06-30-2004, 09:14 AM   #151  

Thanks everyone for the prayers and kindness.

Jolly -- I'm so glad to hear your horse is on the mend. And it must be a huge relief that the manufacturer of the vaccine is going to help with the vet bills. That's great!

Happy -- Gosh, I can totally understand how nervous you must be feeling. I was laid off from my last two jobs (before the one). I hope they at least give you a good severance package. The job market is opening up a little (at least up here), and you're just the kind of intelligent, highly skilled and talented person employers are looking for. I'll be sending you :
michellez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:51 PM   #152  

Thanks everyone for the goodvibes. I am much relieved with the horse situation. I don't know how long he will be out though. Depends on how long it takes for the fluid to come out, and the muscle to rebuild. Michelle, you are still in my prayers. Happy, good luck with the job situation. I can send you the industrial strength tape. Bat is already on his way back to Chachee, so she will have to forward him to you. By the way, did you feel the "earthquake" the other morning? Red, RAven, Hippee, Sassy, everyone - hope you are having a good day. Will post more later.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:39 PM   #153  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi All!

I'm in a good mood, considering the Scale Gods think it's fun to play a sick twisted joke on me! I kick it, it just looks at me like, "Hey, lady, not my fault. If you could keep your hand busy without pushing food down your mouth, you wouldn't hate me so much! Do you know how uncomfortable it is to have someone stand on you??". Sick and twisted!

Alrighty, on to my friends...

Happy: Ah, the light comes on. NSV...got it! I think we should all have to report one NSV per week. Mine for this week are my new XL's. Oh yeah! Anyway, I'll tell Jolly to divert Bat to you for a good workout. Just make sure he's home and safe with me before 5:30 pm next Wednesday! Wouldn't want to break a nail smacking someone/something around when it's time to weigh in. Paid too much to have them look all nice and pretty. Good luck with the news coming up at your job. I know this has to be stressful for you.

Jolly: Um, nope. Didn't feel it at all. Guess it was a 7.8 centered around Juneau. Must have just thought it was just me making the ground move when I was walking. Heehee. Earthquakes are so common up here, you really don't notice them after awhile. Had an awesome thunder and lightning storm the other night, though. Made me homesick for Oregon.

All kidding aside, my eating and exercise has been great since Monday. Minor mess up has cost me and I will let you all know how much. Last Wednesday morning at this time I was at 220 on my home scales before I headed out the door. I woke up this morning and was 224. Now, you might think it's not that much, but add on around 4 pounds and that is my total gain, as I weigh more at night. So, TOM combined with, quite honesty, out of control eating has cost me this week. Who can I blame? Myself. I was the one who ate the elephant ear. I was the one who ate candy bars at night. I was the one who gave into cravings I knew were controlable. It's myself owning my mistake that will take me two weeks to correct. A minor stumbling block on my weight loss journey, but I understand why. Bums me out as I wanted to be 50 pounds down by the time my mom get here. At this rate, it won't happen, but I promise to be close.

See, it's not only losing the weight, but controling yourself. I lacked the motivation to control myself this week and lost sight of why I was doing it. I can joke about the scale, but know in my heart how disappointed I am in myself for allowing my urges to control my behavior. Good lesson to learn, and I hope by sharing it helps others!

Happy Wednesday!

Chach

P.S. Raven, we need the new thread tomorrow!!!
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote