Old 05-27-2004, 05:55 PM   #1  

Default time for serious fun #70

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 05:58 PM   #2  

ladies this is short but i fell in a restaurant tue night and have been in the hospital cant' talk about my injuries because i have a personal injury attorney working my case just want you to know i will be ok and will post when i feel up to it faye
Old 05-27-2004, 06:02 PM   #3  

Faye - I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I thought it was strange you hadn't posted. I figured something must be wrong. Take care of yourself. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Beth
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:40 PM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Smile

Sorry to hear about your fall Faye - glad you are going to be okay! Hope you are back on top form soon!

In Faye's absence I vote JULIE to administer the smilies - you did such a great job when faye went on holiday!

I got another 4 points today - went on my exercise bike, but had a day off from the sit ups!

It's awfully quiet here today - whatcha all up to?

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:06 PM   #5  

Default Checking in

Hope everyone is doing well - Just wanted to check on you Faye - my prayers are with you. Glad to know you are alright - keep us informed.

My daughter in college is coming tonight - we are going to see The Lion King tomorrow in Detroit. I am sooo excited. Gotta finish cleaning for her.

I did another 150 crunches this a.m. but I have not been on the treadmill or out jogging since my knee swelled up on Monday My ankle on the same leg was slightly swollen too. Not sure if that is from the jogging or bashing and cutting my shin on the jacuzzi in Florida last week. Today, both the ankle and the knee are back to normal so I am going to run another 3 k tomorrow and see if my knee swells again. If it holds, then I will attempt 5 k on Sunday and I will know I can finish the race. Wish me luck!

Good luck to everyone for fabulous losses tomorrow!

mscat816 sw238/cw on 5-21 227/gw140
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Hey there everyone.

Faye sorry to hear about your fall. My prayers will be with you.

Julies, I sent you some WW infor let me know if you get it or not.

Could go on but have been MIA for awhile busy at work and the end of school. I will try to catch up soon,

hugs
sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 07:06 AM   #7  

FRIDAY: FABULOUS LBS DOWN FRIDAY

THIS IS ALL GOING TO BE IN CAPS AS I ONLY HAVE THE USE OF ONE ARM . HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME I WILL BE OK THOUGH I AM MIFFED I CAN'T DO ANY KIND OF EXERCISING! FAYE
Old 05-28-2004, 07:36 AM   #8  

Morning Girls,

4 points for me yesterday......woohoo. Still no pounds down, though. I do feel "lighter" and like I've "shifted" some so maybe I'm in for another drop soon. (I hope so!) You all know my pattern by now.........I lose 5-10 pounds, then it all has to "settle out" for weeks and weeks.

At least I'm back to exercising again....that was tough to start up after not doing it for 2 weeks.

Faye, so sorry to hear about your accident.......but I'm glad it was something so "minor".....you can imagine what was racing through all our heads! Like someone cracked a fat joke and you went ballistic and got thrown in jail for assault Don't let this forced delay put you off your game! Just cuz you can't exercise, doesn't mean you can't still put in 3 point days! I'll be happy to take over the smilies, if you need me to......but it seems like you'll still be around.

MsCat--Good Luck with the race! I've found with the swelling knee/ankle thing that if I walk/run on the treadmill more than 2 days in a row I have the same problem. I think it's the repeated stress on the joints that does it. A couple of days are fine, but then I have to lay off for a while and do something else.

Sandy--I got the ww stuff. Thanks a bunch! Hope life slows down a bit for you soon.

Amanda--You are on a ROLL, girl!! Good for you! Today is Friday.....enjoy your pizza tonight! I'm so proud of you.

Jaymie--Hope you're having fun in Texas!

Well, guess I'd better get going........Everyone have a FABULOUS holiday weekend! Buckle up, wear sunscreen, don't drink and drive.........and remember to thank someone you know who fought and died for your freedom!

Later babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 07:54 AM   #9  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi ladies,
I did really well yesterday dispite going to a baseball game (Red Sox lost) I didn't manage to avoid all my favorite ball park foods but I did limit the amout of them I ate. I was very proud of myself. I haven't checked my weight yet today so we will see if there is a loss.

Faye - I am wishing you a speedy recovery and a quick legal case. Good luck on both accounts.

Julie - It is good to hear that you are back to exercising. It is the best thing you can do for your body.

Have a great day ladies. I will check in later and we will see if I managed to loose.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:15 AM   #10  
I Can and I Will

Morning BEAUTIFULS!!!! Faye i hope all works out well for u and you are back to normal soon... you r in my prayers... 4 pointer yesterday... lost 6 lbs as well. I am going to be painting today... couldnt yesterday... rained off and on all day long. And i hve an end of the year school picnic for my youngest at 1130. should be a great day. hope you all have a happy and healthy and safe holiday weekend. love to u all
Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:44 AM   #11  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Guys!

I'm feeling really motivated at the moment - yay!

I'm going to have a look at pictures of wedding dresses today and pin one up to keep me motivated and focused. I did the maths for my weight loss over the next 14 months, and boy is it going to be tight! There really is no room for weeks off or slackness - every week counts, but I will do it and it will be so worth it!

In the spirit of no more BS, I am going to start going swimming! I have always refused to go because I look too fat in a swimming costume - but no more! It's time to suck it up (or should that be in? ) an get my *** down there as swimming is a brilliant all round exercise and will really boost my weight loss. I am going to go to the women only sessions that are twice a week - I need to go and buy a costume, then will start next week! I'll keep you posted!

Yes Julie, it is pizza night tonight! - and I think I will enjoy it all the more for knowing that I am not cheating on my diet!

I wrote another week of menu plans last night - I 've got 3 1/2 weeks now. I really think they are a breakthrough for me, and just what I need! Of course, as I lose weight my points will reduce and there will be less room for treats, but that is a while off so I will enjoy them while I can!

I'm planning on having a 4 point day today, but have only just got up, so will confirm later!

Love Amanda xx
Old 05-28-2004, 05:06 PM   #12  

Hi All,

I'm having a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad day, but I'll get over it. Tomorrow has got to be better. Anyway, I get 4 points for yesterday. Two more days and it will be a 4 point week just like planned. I also have lost 3 lbs since Sunday. I wasn't going to weigh myself, but I did, but didn't do it until last Sunday so I don't have a whole week to report on, but I'll take the 3 lbs.

Since I am in just a terrilbe mood I think I will leave it at that and wish everyone a nice and safe holiday weekend, and check back in tomorrow when I'm better.

Beth
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 05:09 PM   #13  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Faye, Get Well Soon

Sandy, WTG on the weightloss

Amanda, put a pic of that wedding dress on your fridge, in your fridge, sleep with one on your pillow get my drift? you can do it! WTG on starting swimming

I've done really well with treadmilling the last few days racking up 15.5mls in 4 days and i'm down 2lbs this week for a total of 8.5lbs since May 3rd
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 06:34 PM   #14  
2006 - Panda Remix

I got my 4 points - and I was a good girl and did all my sit ups, plus 20 extra!

I've had my pizza (yum!) - it looked a bit small and pathetic and I was not happy that I could not add a tonne of extra cheese to it, but I served it with some cottage cheese and salad and it was lovely!

I've just watched the last ever episode of friends which I guess you guys have already seen - I felt really sad after it finished, but I also thought it was REALLY rushed - Why were Monica and Chandler allowed to bring the babies home about an hour after they were born? - Where the **** was Ross and Rachel's baby Emma? I could go on, but I'll let it rest in peace!!

BETH - Sorry you are having a crappy day - I hope tomorrow is better for you! Congratulations on your weight loss this week.

I'm going to weigh myself on Monday - so hopefully it will be fabulous lbs down Monday for me!

Love Amanda x
Old 05-29-2004, 02:07 AM   #15  

Height: 5 foot

Hi everyone!!

Just poppin in to tell you that i"m still alive!!! We have survived the first day here in TX...barely!! I got all of 2 hrs sleep, and tomorrow is a whole new day. My little sister graduates in the morning, I need to have my hair done at 8:00 am, so i need to wake up at maybe 6 to exercise and shower/wash my hair and try to dry it. No 4 pt'er for me for today or yesterday. I havent exercised in two days!!! I'm sooo ashamed. It is the first time this has happened since the entire month. I bet I'll gain weight too even though I've stayed on my eating plan. I dont weigh in on Fridays, I usually wait until Saturday. I dont think I want to weigh in though, that's all I need is depressing news!! The first day I didn't have a choice, we were in the car for over 16 hours, today I got up with intentions of working out, but my dad had to go straight to the doctor and I fixed his breakfast and got my sister to agree to exercise with my,then hubby calls and needs me for this and that.....I had sooo much to do, I could never get around to it. I barely got a shower in, had to sneak it!! LOL

Faye- Get well soon!!!

I hope everyone is doing well, I wish I had time to comment on all of you and read all of the posts, (like including the ones' in #69) but I dont know whether I'm coming or going right now!! I cant wait until the actual vacation part occurs, because right now it's just a lot of work!!! And don't think for one second that the hubby's family has already tried to start some mess in the first couple of hours of our arrival. But I told my hubby, I'm not letting "ANYONE" destroy this vacation. So I could care less what they say or do. They'll get the point, the cant argue with themselves right?!?! My daughter is crying everytime someone looks at her, and then she closes her eyes, she really thinks if she doesnt see them, they wont see her!! It's hilarous, but of course people wanna say I have her so spoiled. How many babies do "you" know that loves strangers?!?!? None! And everyone is a stranger her to her, even my parents!!! Well, gotta go back to hubby's grandmother's house so I will try to pop in tomorrow if I get a chance. Everyone take care!!!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote