Old 05-27-2004, 09:01 PM   #16  
soontobethin

Good evening,
Welcome,Di, I know you will enjoy being on this thread. I am Ricci, sahm to two boys, 3 and 5. Hope to see you posting often.
Spryng, I am in the same boat as you with my oldest in school. He is really smart, but when he starts school this fall, he will be almost 6. But I have done some home schooling with him. He knows his letters, numbers, how to count to 300, some simple addition, and how to spell some words. Right now we are working on cutting with scissors. Crystal, glad that you like your doctor. Michelle, sorry you didn't get your nap in. Hi to everyone else. I got my hair done and it looks great. My mom tried to get me to put blond streaks in it, but I didn't want blond. I tried to tell her not everyone wants blond in their hair. Oh well. I have had a headache all day, due to TOM. No exercise today. Have a great evening everyone.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:54 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Height: 5'4"

good evening ladies! and, welcome to Di! Michelle, mmmm, I LOVE that silly mashed califlower, how can that possibly be so good? Gabe loves it too, and hubby doesn't complain either! We haven't had that in a while, I might have to make it next week.

Spryng, I keep forgetting to ask, what is the Saving Dinner book? Is that the one by Nigela Lawson? I take it the recipes are supposed to be healthy as well as exciting? Oh yeah, and waht is flylady? I'm under the impression its an organization method? I need this in my life...I have such a hard time following through on all my household projects. I get one thing started, and then see something that I think I ought to do first, and then spot another thing, and so on and so forth, and if the phone rings, well....just forget about it, I'll just end up on another continent or something. I drive myself nuts...not to mention hubby.

Crystal, that is great you had a good experience with the Dr. I know you weren't terribly excited about using a Doc this time.

To Di, I'm Lisa, mother of three ( 2 girls 8-10 and 1 boy-13mos). I've been a SAHM for not quite 2 years now, and I love it, I would have a very difficult time trading it. We go without some stuff, but its worth it. Right now I'm busy trying to find piano students so I can help a little with the household income. I'm also hoping that the cake I'm making this weekend, which will be eaten by a lady who does alot of catering, might be impressive enough to get a little business going with that as well.

I'm married to a man who like to dress up in costumes ( oh, allright, uniforms...lol) and save the world! hehehehe, In other words, he just got out of the Marine Corps, and is now a police officer.

As for me, I enjoy music, cooking, and just about anything that happens outdoors. I sure hope you enjoy this group as much as I have. I almost left it a short time ago, becuase they post so much that I was not keeping up very well, but I quickly found myself coming back, again and again.

I hope everybody had a wonderful day, and stayed OP!

Talk to you all soon,

Lisa
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 11:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

Well I did get alot accomplished after the kids went to bed. I got all my bills wrote out for the week and in envelopes. All I have to do is drop them in the mail tomorrow. I got my kitchen all cleaned up and dishes loaded in the dishwasher, floor swept, counters shined, etc. Looks much better in there, lol.

Lisa, Saving Dinner is a book full of recipes. It is really neat because it has 6 recipes per week, plus a shopping list and you can print it off from her site so it really takes the effort out of planning all week. And yes they are all low fat or low cal and healthy. Here is a link to amazon and you can read about it and some reviews http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...907851-2686355
and here is a link to her site (btw it's Leanne Ely) http://www.savingdinner.com/index2.html I'm really dedicated to trying every recipe in her book. Plus it really does make dinner much easier on me and they are simple dinners, not elaborate or anything. Ok, now Flylday is a site about organizing your home. She believes you can keep your house clean in just 15 min a day. I really like how she divides your house into 5 zones and each week you work in a different zone for just 15 min a day. I've been slacking on my zone work lately but just by doing my morning and evening routines my house is staying in great shape anyway. Her site is www.flylady.net

Ricci, so if you didn't get blonde streaks what color did you get? I'm glad it came out great! Hope your headache goes away soon.

Leigh, I'm going to have to look for that ben and jerry's ice cream tomorrow! Sounds so good.

Welcome Di!! I'm am Spryng. Mother of 3 kids, Ava (4) Bubba (3) and Tanner (11 mos) been married for 6 years now and still loving it! lol. I am on weight watchers and hit my goal weight last month, which I am still excited about. And yes, I get a nap almost everyday Can't function sometimes without it. I hope you feel right at home here and I look forward to getting to know you better!

Michelle, sorry I missed chat. I didn't see your post until now. But 9 pm will be out for me most nights because I'm usually reading to the kids and getting them in bed at that time. But on the nights we do 10 pm I will be there!

OK, well... tomorrow I will be busy most of the morning going grocery shopping and using my flexpoints, lol. I can't tell you how much I look forward to fridays! Of course my WI is tomorrow too but I'm pre-TOM so of course I'm sure he'll screw it all up, lol. But I won't know until the morning. So I'm calling it a night. Hope everyone sleeps well! G'nite!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 07:35 AM   #19  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

Okay, I'm back to my coffee for now. I'm sure in a couple of weeks it will make me sick to even smell it. Sorry I didn't post last night, we started getting some storms and I thought I should just turn my computer off.

Well, let's start here...

Welcome Di, I'm Crystal, sahm of 3; Alisa 5, Ally almost 3 and Andrew 18 months. Just found out I'm expecting #4 possibly sometime in January. I've been doing this sahm thing since Alisa was born. I feel this is the best and there is no other way or better way to raise children. I also homeschool and am a Watkins Independent Consultant from home. So glad you're hear, I've ALWAYS wanted twins. I would LOVE that. You will definitely find what you need here. This place is amazing. Stick around and post a couple times a day to stay on top of things. Sometimes it goes fast around here.

Cindi, have fun with 2 birthdays. I've got Ally's planned for next Saturday. Hope you're doing well.

Spryng, I totally understand what you mean about the kids not starting if their b-days come AFTER Sept. 1st. That was one reason I started homeschooling Alisa, her b-day is in Oct. but she was so ready to start. She loves to learn and is definitely ready for 1st grade. If she were in public school, she'd only be going into Kindergarten next year and that would be a joke for her. Sounds like you've got lots planned for today. Have fun!!!

Leigh, ice cream. Is that everyone's weakness? I ALWAYS take advantage of ice cream during pregnancies. I'll go easy this time though.

Ricci, glad you like your hair. What exactly did you have done to it?

Lisa, you're right about me and doc. I even told them that I didn't want to use a doc and a hospital. And that having babies at home NEVER scared me not even with my first, but I'm scared to death to go into a hospital and have a baby. I wanted him to know how I felt. Smashed cauliflower sounds AWFUL!!! I know alot of you eat that, but I just can't imagine. Good thing I'm not watching carbs, huh??? LOL!!!

Well, you should all know that I finally told my mom!!! She was okay. She knew I didn't really want anymore so when she knew that dh and I were happy about it, then she was happy. She's happier too, knowing I'm using a doc and hospital. There were slight complications after I had Andrew so no one really wanted me to go the home route again. But my midwife doesn't practice anymore so I didn't really have a choice. Nonetheless, she's happy. She was worried about me and dh going away to Hot Springs, afraid I'd come back pregnant, LOL!!! Needless to say, she's not worried anymore. Spryng, you asked when I go back, June 17th. That's only 3 weeks, but because he couldn't get anything on the monitor yesterday, he wants to try again, he said he definitely will then. It's funny, I still don't feel pregnant. I'm guessing maybe because I'm only about 4 weeks or so. I think I usually find out about 6-8 weeks and that's when symptons set in. I slept pretty good last night. Andrew slept with me in the bed, he's NEVER done that before. He's getting spoiled being in the same room with me knowing when he stands up in his bed he can see me. I don't know what else to do, though. We have taken our first step toward getting our loan to build, if we can get approved. We have 8 months. Well, I'm gonna go clean my mom's today and my MIL is taking the girls to see Shrek 2 this evening, I think me and Andrew will go back to the mall and get Ally's b-day gift. Shrek pj's. I'm gonna return those dang clothes I bought and exchange for maternity I guess. Sure don't want to, but I wouldn't get to enjoy those new clothes very long.
Well, I'm gonna make a grocery list and get bills done. Hope everyone had a good night and has a good day, I'll check in later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 07:59 AM   #20  
Walking away the weight

Default WI Day!!

Week 2, second WI Day. I've lost 2 lbs.! That brings me to my first 5lb loss

Ricci - I'm glad you like your hair so much - you should post a picture of it That would be fun. Hope you're feeling better what with TOM. TOM just left me, so I am quite relieved.

Lisa- Hi! Spryng introduced me to Saving Dinner too. I get the email version of it, though. The recipes are healthy - created by a nutritionist. Also, I like flylady - I modify her to fit with my own household goals, but her concepts help a lot.

Spryng - sounds like you were productive last night! I'm using some flexpoints this weekend, I'm sure. I like to save most of them for after my WI day However, I did use some yesterday to get a small hamburger and small fries at McDonald's. I'm a bit of a McDonald's fanatic, so I decided allowing myself a small meal once every two weeks is reasonable and I apply flexpoints toward it.

Well, I'm off to get the day started. We have a morning walk (of course!) and then household chores like laundry (of course!). Hope you all have a good morning.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:23 AM   #21  
Walking away the weight

Sorry I missed your post, Crystal! I'm glad your mother was okay with the pregnancy and all - I'm sure that's a bit of a relief to you As for ice cream, I guess this time around you can indulge, but in the no-sugar-added kind
Old 05-28-2004, 08:49 AM   #22  
SAHM of 3

Leigh, WTG on the loss. We are so proud of you. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:59 AM   #23  

Good morning all!

Well, I'm down 1/2# today. Which suprises me because TOM is just a few days away. But I wrote to ww yesterday about my last months efforts to lose more weight and hovering around 129-130 and they said I'm on a plateau! Never thought I was since I was losing here and gaining there you know? But they said with my new eating habits (the saving dinner recipes) and now exercise again I should break through it soon. I guess we'll see in the next couple of weeks.

Leigh, congrats on another 2#'s gone!!! That is fantastic! Isn't it nice to know you are losing weight and still getting to eat mcd's!!? That is the beauty of ww. DO you walk everyday?
Crystal, I am so glad you finally told your mom and she is happy for you two! Sometimes parents can suprise us huh? What kind of house do you want to build? Do you have blueprints already? That would be very exciting. My DH's dream is to have our home built, but not mine. I am too impatient to wait until it's done to move in. I want an already made house, lol.

Well, guess I'll get off here and in the shower. Need to get out the door soon so I can get back before it gets too hot. I plan on taking Tanner outside to swim sometime today I hope. It's going to be 90 degrees today. So I'll catch you all later!
Old 05-28-2004, 09:43 AM   #24  
SAHM of 3

Spryng, yes we have house plans. Actually we have two sets, the first set was too much about a 2300 sq. ft. home, a dream home if you will. The one we will go with is about 1800 sq. ft. I think it has 4 bedrooms or maybe 5, I don't remember. It will be steel frame. That is the ONLY way dh will go. He almost refuses to buy a house. They always have problems and not that one we build won't, but we'll know how to fix it,having built it. Of course, if we don't get the loan to build, we may HAVE to buy. I'm so excited either way. I just don't want to be in this 2 bedroom, 1 bath house with 4 kids.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:28 AM   #25  

Thanks everyone for welcoming me into your group and sharing facts about your family and yourself to me. It will take me a little time to get everyone straight in my head, but I'm totally looking forward to it.

Leigh, what a great job on the weight loss! keep up the good work.

Sprying, considering you are about to start AF, losing a 1/2 a pound is fantastic. I'm usually content to just not gain a pound or so, because I gain a lot of water weight, which all goes away after AF, but it's still a little depressing when it's happening.

Crystal, it sounds like you have a beautiful family, with a great new edition on the way, congratulations on that and trying to be so healthy during your pregnancy. Having twins is great, a lot of work, but a true blessing. I tried for many years to get pregnant and I was beginning to wonder if it would ever happen for us, so you can imagine that when I found out it was twins I was overjoyed, never thinking of the workload, lucky for me! LOL Oh well it can't be that bad, as I'm considering when will be the right time to have a third (hopefully just one this time) child. At first I was planning on starting again when the boys turned two, but I'm kind of postponing that plan for now.

LOL Lisa, I loved your description of your family, especially DH! My fingers are crossed that your cake is a huge hit with the catering woman! Nothing like a little pressure eh? It sounds like something you'd really enjoy doing, so I really hope it works out for you. It is difficult changing your lifestyle to be a SAHM, but the trade off is definately worth it. I love seeing Logan and Ethan every single day, even on their bad/grumpy days, I'd still rather deal with them than a grumpy boss! I'm hoping to keep growing my business of teaching Yoga, right now it just supports my habit so to speak, but luckily my income is not a factor in whether or not bills get paid. My job this weekend is to make some flyers and business cards for it. I'm pretty darned picky, so this wont be easy!

Ricci, 2 boys huh, just like me! I'm sure I will be bending your ear with questions in regards to them as well! Right now L&E will be two in July and they don't talk much at all. The pediatrician wants me to schedule a hearing test and sign them up for speach therapy already. I think it's jumping the gun a bit, but what do I know. They definately have their own "twin" language and seem to understand each other ok. i just need to learn their language apparantly.

Michelle, I finished SBD last night, it was an easy read for me, since I've done low carb before, I understand the process and stuff. I'm getting ready to start my shopping list. It's going to be huge! How often have you eaten that dessert with ricotta cheese? It sounds interesting, but could be weird too. I'm already shedding some water after just a day, loving it, and my cravings arent bad if I eat a good breakfast. I also bought the cookbook, hoping that helps keep me motivated by trying new recipes. Where in Montana do you live? My birth mom (long story for another day) used to live in Helena, I visited her just once, but it's a beautiful state!

I hope i didn't miss anyone, but hey cut the newbie some slack, I'll get on track soon I think. I'll check in later today.

-Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 12:34 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning ladies!!

Crystal - I'm really glad that your mother is happy for you!!! I hope you get to have your house built!! That would be so fun picking exactly everything you want in a house!!

Spryng - Stay cool today if you can AND Congrats on being down .5 #!!! You are such an inspiration

Leigh - Way to go!!!! 2#'s is Awesome!! Keep up the great work!!!

Di - I haven't ever tried the ricotta creme, It just doesn't sound appealing to me but there are some people who just love them! I opt for fat free plain yogurt with sugar free Davinci syrup in it Davinci has tons of flavors the only down fall is that they are very expensive. Yes who would have thought that it is so expensive eating healthy lol. I live in Kalispell which is in the NW corner of Montana, I love it here Oh and about your boys not talking much hey don't sweat it my doctor wasn't worried at all!! Taylor has just really started talking well and she'll be 3 in August. She just wasn't much of a talker until recent months

Lisa - Hows it goin today? Any big plans?

Well I just got back from my pulmonologist and he said my lungs aren't looking any worse than they were last time. He thinks that the chest pain I've been having is a chest wall injury possibly from my resistance training so he told me to go ahead with my walking but to cut out the resistance training for 2 weeks and he put me on anti-inflamitories (sp) so we'll see if that takes care of it. He was impressed also with my exercise and eating habits so that made me happy. He hopes that when I come back in a few months that my breathing tests have improved for the past year they have remained the same with no improvement so hopefully with exercise that will change. But all in all I was thrilled that I wasn't going to have to start a prednisone treatment!!! Now I'm just waiting to hear from my other doctor regarding my thyroid levels maybe they won't have to change my dose at all

Ok well I'm behind now so I should go get started on my house. I'll talk to you all later this evening
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 12:41 PM   #27  
burned out bus driver

Hello.........
Welcome Diane!!!!! I have just skimmed the thread and saw that you were a newcomer.....I've been here a long time (oh, well, but the company is great!) and just am in a super busy time of my life.

Hi to everyone else......this is just one of those weeks. Hope everyone has a great weekend!c Hopefully I will be able to get back here tomorrow.Take care.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 02:26 PM   #28  
Walking away the weight

Hi, all! Boy am I tired today - not sure why. Thank you all for your supportive words about my weight loss.

Spryng - congrats on the loss - that's great! So, you've hit a plateau? Did you hit one during your initial loss as well?

Di - you sound very motivated and ready to go with SB - that's wonderful! Let us know how it's going I think I'd be completely wiped out if I had twins, so you have my total admiration!

Michelle- I hope your chest heals quickly!

Ginny - Hi! Hope you have a great day.

What do ya'll think of personal trainers? I was thinking that perhaps that could be either my 15lb or final goal weight reward - maybe 4-6 weeks with a personal trianer because I just know there will be areas I want to target and tone. I have very low motivation to tone on my own (I'm fine with the walking a lot, but not toning type stuff). So, here are my thoughts: I can wait and use it once I reach my goal weight to tone and help me maintain. I can start doing it half-way through to keep me motivated until my goal weight is reached and perhaps help me avoid possible plateaus. What are your thoughts?
Old 05-28-2004, 03:05 PM   #29  
Walking away the weight

Default Well, you asked for it!

Okay, I cringe to even share these, but I'm going to do it because a couple of you asked to see pictures of me. Since I'm not happy with my weight, there aren't many photos of me Here are two recent ones. The first one I think I'm going to use as my "before" picture and take a photo in the same outfit every ten or fifteen pounds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (45.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg before.jpg (48.0 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Loveliam; 05-28-2004 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:15 PM   #30  

Good afternoon all!

Leigh, yes I did hit a plateau right after starting WW. I lost a few lbs the first week and then stalled for 3 weeks solid. But I stalled at one weight, didn't go up and down by .5 # increments like I am doing now. But I was looking back at my ww journal and sure enough, from the week I made goal I have gone up and down that 1 lb every week. From 129-130. So that is 6 weeks of not getting anywhere, which qualifies as a true plateau. But I'm not too worried. I just started that new high intensity dvd (which I will do every other day since it is weight training) so i think that will kick my body back in gear. But at least I now know what is going on with my body. I think a personal trainer would be heaven!! A great idea. But I think you should start toning now. You don't know how much I regret not keep up with my toning exercises when I started ww. I would be very toned now and in a smaller pant size too. But that is JMHO.
Ginny, when is school over for your kids? Today is the last day of school for everyone in this town. The public pool opens this monday and when DH is in next weekend we plan on going. I love to swim! I hope things slow down for you soon.
Michelle, glad your lungs are doing ok! Sorry you pulled something though. Sounds painful. How long do you have to stop using those resistance bands?
Di, I usually gain right before TOM too so I was suprised to see a loss today. But I'll take whatever the scale will give me lately. So you must love yoga to want to teach it huh? I've always wanted to check it out but don't know if I can do the moves. I broke my tailbone while giving birth to my second baby and it can't take too much of my sitting on the floor. Would they be hard for me to do? May I ask what your stats are?
Crystal, those house plans sound great! I would love to be in a 4 bedroom home. Someday... someday. I really hope you all are able to get moving on that project now that your new one is on the way. i couldn't even imagine how cramped you'd feel in a 2 bedroom 1 bath house with 4 kids. I feel cramped sometimes in my 3 bedroom 1 bath.

Well, got all my grocery shopping done today. I only forgot two things, lol. I forgot to buy salmon and I couldn't find any pearl barly. Anyone know what aisle that will be on?? I looked where the oatmeal and all that is... where the baking stuff is... I don't even know what it is so I have no idea where to find it, lol. But I got everything else. The kids were really good for me. Then I came home to find my new cooking light cook book on my door step. It's 15 years of cooking light recipes! So needless to say I may have to juggle my saving dinner cookbook to include a couple of recipes from my new cookbook. I just love new recipes. And I feel like I am becoming an accomplished cook! The kitchen feels home to me now, lol.
Well, I guess I will get off here. I bought a frozen pizza for dinner tonight. What is everyone else having? TTYL!