Old 07-19-2004, 12:04 AM   #136  

Bonnie, THAT IS SUPER! Give yourself a pat on the back. It is so nice to see all the support we all give each other here. Despite all the challenges life gives us. Well..... I think we are MARVAAALAS! Ok, just got off of work and I will be weighing in tommorrow. (I am nervous about this!) but I will be walking before starting to work in the garden. Hmmmm should I weigh before or after coffee. (I do sound pathetic.. JUST DO IT!) A BLT just sounds super. Oh well.....wish me luck guys.........Linda
Moogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 07:58 AM   #137  

Good moring ladies: Here is an addendum to the above msg. I am minus ONE pound. I guess I expected more (sad face inserted here if i knew how to do that!) But I will not get discouraged. I will get up off my duff and go walking!! Have a good day everybody! Linda
Old 07-19-2004, 10:01 AM   #138  
RAR

Good Morning Bonnie,Linda,Bernice and who ever comes by hope you are having a great monday just got in from a 4 block walk!!!!!!!which is getting longer for meBernice well I guess it is my turn this week to babysit I am watching my daughter mini dashound so with 4 dogs I am sure I will be getting my exercise in!!!!!!!!! Bonnie the food you are eating sounds so good!!!!!!!!!!!!! Linda congrats on the weight loss regardless how much it is going down so keep it up whatever you are doing Bonnie I have always worked a lot of hourswith more then one job for 12 years now and you think I would be skinney!!!!it just if I dont get enough hours at the hospital I can rely on my other 2 but the day I hit 62 I tell everyone I am going to get lazier!!!!!well drank my coffee so better get started well Ohio is another dreary day only been in the pool once so far so have a great Monday Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 10:04 AM   #139  
RAR

Bonnie thank you for the info on the smileys even as dumb as I am on the computer I did it so come on Linda give it a try!!!!Rita
Old 07-19-2004, 06:42 PM   #140  

Ok, lets see if this will work. Just practicing. Thank you everybody for your kind words of support. The "Y" sounds like a great idea! Spent hours in the backyard picking tomatoes. But it was so hot and the neighbors look at me like I am a nut with the push lawnmower Ok, lets see if this works.........Thank you Bonnie Rita everybody Linda
Old 07-19-2004, 07:41 PM   #141  
RAR

Hey Linda well you did it way to go sounds like you have a lot of energy today and pushing that mower is good exercise!!!!!!!!!isnt this fun with all the different characters Rita
Old 07-20-2004, 09:28 AM   #142  
RAR

HI! Everyone hope you are having a great Wednesday and yes Bonnie I know I am enjoying them smiles and I am sure Linda will to since she knows how to do them also thanks to youglad that you enjoyed the Y and getting into water aeobrics as I have heard so much about have many friends in it and always inviting me once I get over the fear of water I just might do thatwant to get in my own pool more often then I have beenwell right now it is but I have to go to work and cant put it off because I have more buildings to clean later on hope that tomorrow will be a big suprise for you when you weigh in Bonniewell got to go just finished my so everybody have a great day Rita
Old 07-20-2004, 07:02 PM   #143  

Hello everybody: Just a quick note. Bonnie, I understand about the salt. I just love salt. You are right, it sure will help you retain the lbs. Plus, I found that when I don't drink enough water it really makes a difference. (sometimes 2-3 lbs!) Well... my co-workers booted me out of work and told me to go home. (summer yucky cold) I am tired but just wanted to say hello. Bonnie, don't be discouraged ok? Bernice and Rita thank you both and all of you for your words of encouragement. It really helps!
Linda
Old 07-20-2004, 09:47 PM   #144  

No Bonnie, not on vacation altho we will go at the end of July to see if we can talk the aunt into a gorgeous retirement community near us and other family. The kennel called and they have room for my girls so now I have to take one of them to get v
vaccines up to date.
Took my grandson to the beach today and he had such a good time. It's so much better being a grandma than a mom where you have everything to do all the time. I get to enjoy the best part now and then he goes home.
Tomorrow water aerobics, missed Monday and last Friday. Got to start walking but haven't been sleeping well so just not in the mood. Tomorrow is a new day and I will motivate myself. Bernice
soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:49 AM   #145  

Good morning everyone:
I just love these little faces. Home sick again today. Ugh, just trying to get use to the airconditioning and the humidity of North Carolina. Yes! being a grandmother is the very best of all worlds. I can't wait to go out and see my family in Washington state in Sept. Between reaching age 50 (will be 53 in Nov) and looking seriously at weight related health issues. Well.... I guess that helps motivate me. What motivates all of you to want to lose weight? Not all of us are blessed with grandchildren so... what keeps us trying? Love to hear back Linda
Old 07-21-2004, 11:11 AM   #146  
Liz, Dressage Queen

S/C/G: 160/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Lost in Cyber Space

OK. I finally found my way here. I've been busy at work and on the weekends, so haven't had much computer time. But, now have a breather and am still attempting to keep myself on track.

My biggest problem is that menopause has hit me with a vengeance! I'm struggling just to stay at my current weight. I've been journaling, drinking water, eating veggies, and nothing happens. I did read that when estrogen starts to leave the body, the body compensates for it by trying to put estrogen BACK in your body. And to do that, it has to put FAT back on to get estrogen in your body. It's like a catch 22. Your body naturally is losing the estrogen, but on the other hand, it's trying to keep it in!

Does this sound confusing? Well, I'm confused, too. Usually when I adhere to the WW program, I can lose 2-3 pounds a week. I'm lucky if I can stay the status quo. So, I'm doing all that I can do, but no weight is coming off. I've gained 15 pounds during this menopause catastrophe. The main place I've gained the weight is around my waist. My jeans are tight in the waist, but fit me everywhere else. My hips and thighs are very toned because of the weight training I do every day. And I have a riding lesson every Saturday. Talk about inside thigh muscles!

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm still keeping a journal hoping against hope that something will happen.

Later.
Liz
dressagequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 08:59 AM   #147  
RAR

Good morning ladies Hope your Thursday is going well for you didnt work last night so have some motivation this morning after I finish my hope to get movin yes Bernice you do enjoy the grandkids but when all 7 are here it really gets hetic!!!!!!!!welcome Liz hope you keep comming back and like you that is where my weight isit would of been nice if it shifted to the chestinsteadDid get in my pool last evening but with my grandkids splashing me didnt stay in too long then took a walk in the park with hubby then finished the evening with a ice cream cone which I didnt need but it sure was good!!!!!! well ladies got to go so all of you have a great day!!!!!!!!!!! Rita
Old 07-22-2004, 10:01 AM   #148  
Liz, Dressage Queen

Default Thanks

Thanks for the welcome.

I need support just to keep myself on track. On the plus side, my 21 DD has lost 12 pounds this summer. Being home from college has really improved her eating habits. She's looking to lose another 5-10 pounds before she goes back to school at the end of August. She may be pushing the 10, but I think she can get the 5.

I'm looking forward to the weekend because that means I can go riding. I just started riding after DD went off to college. She's been riding since she was 6, so she has many years on me. I'm going to ride her horse (actually he belongs to me and DH) on Saturday because we are both going to a dressage show on August 14 and we will both ride Monty (show name: The Full Monty).

Will check in later. So far, so good with the journaling today. Of course, I've only had a cup of tea and an Egg Beater w/2% fat cheese sandwich!

Liz

P.S. I love these smilely faces, too! Certainly brightens up things.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:43 PM   #149  
Liz, Dressage Queen

STOP RIGHT NOW! PUT THE SALSA DOWN, AND MOVE AWAY.

I am 5'7" and weigh 150. So long as I can maintain I'll be happy. But, the weight work and ab work are toning my muscles and things are getting looser on me (except for the waist )

Onward to the weekend and, hopefully, an On Program weekend. I tend to forget to keep track of what I'm eating. Maybe that's why my waist is filling out!!!!

Have a good weekend, all.

Liz
Old 07-23-2004, 08:09 PM   #150  

Bonnie, Why don't you make your own salsa then you can control the amount of salt you consume. It's really not difficult to make. Tomatoes,onions and cilantro and maybe some chiles if you like it hot.
My highest weight was 226 and I went down to 143 but am up to 195 but would like to be at 135 as I'm 5 ft 1 1/2 inches and medium boned.
I'm starting to slip after seeing such great deals on Hagen Daz ice cream. 1.99 a pint. Yum Yum-Bad -Bad Went to water aerobics and I can't move. The instructor really puts us thru the paces. Love it tho.
It's been raining like crazy. Torrential downpours with flooding in many areas.
This has been some weird summer.
soready is offline   Reply With Quote