Old 07-26-2004, 10:30 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile 21 Day Challenge #7

This challenge is working for some of us and I want to keep it going!! It started in the Support thread, and I noticed that there were fewer and fewer postings! But, since I've brought it over here, we've been having success and I want to keep it going.

Here is how it works. You choose something that you would like to work on and do it for 21 days. (to make it a habit) Such as drinking 80oz. of water, walk a mile, or what ever else may come to mind. You do a count down. But if you miss a day...you start over to day one. And you can start over many times, but if you're constantly starting over.....well then....I would say maybe you should find something else to work on for 21 days.

Also, during the days you're sick and your body just doesn't feel good, we have what we call a "pause". You pause your efforts until you're feeling better and just continue from what day you stopped.

Simple you say.....believe me,,,,it's not as simple as it sounds...there have been times that I just had to start over.

Anyone want to join me??
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 10:32 PM   #2  

Ladies please forgive me for not posting sooner. But I did notice that the thread was getting long and so I thought I better start a new one!

I have no idea what day I'm on...the same as Rk...so Rosie girl....I'm the same as you,,,,what day are we on??

Keep up the good work girls and I promise I will try to get here more often!!
Old 07-27-2004, 11:06 AM   #3  
RosieKate

We just finished day 7 ....haha
Thanks for starting the new thread.
YAY! Scuzin - you are on a roll girl!

A happy day to everyone and I'm sending out the stay-on-track vibes to all!
RK
Old 07-27-2004, 01:45 PM   #4  

Day 20!!!

Also I hit the gym yesterday for the 1st time in a LONG time! i'm starting out slow though, I only did 20 minutes and that's all I'm tackling this week. I go after class so that will be mon-thur and we'll just have to see what the weekend brings.

Have a great day!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:27 PM   #5  
solitas...lacuna

I'm back to day One. I started 2 days ago and I actually got sabotoged by someone else! I came into work and found that someone had either eaten or thrown away all my healthy breakfast foods and so I had to go hungry, then when lunchtime rolled around I opend the freezer and that Lean Cuisine just looked too small for my breakfastless tummy so I rushed out to grab a healthy bite but by that time I only had time for something quick and I caved and had a Mcdonalds Salad...which may have not been THAT bad if they had any type of dressing I liked aside from Ranch. **sigh** Anyway so I started again today. So far so good.
The Lumpy Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:30 PM   #6  

one More day!!!
And I think I'll do an OP challenge next...
No Worries TLS, just start over, I'm sure you'll do better this time 'round
Old 07-28-2004, 01:52 PM   #7  

I'm happy to report one more day done.

So if yesterday was day 7, then I guess this makes day 8. Am I correct RK?

TLS--First of all, I forgot to welcome you here!! Glad to have you aboard!! The salad sounded fine. I'll have to look at the other challenge thread to see what is your challenge. But if it's staying OP or eating healthy and you had a salad...I would think that you're probably ok and that you can continue where you were.

Scuzin--Is today your final day?? WTG!!!! Keep us informed when you finish!!!

RK--You're doing great and the pounds lost are proving it!! Keep it up!!

Until tomorrow ladies

Marti
Old 07-28-2004, 02:01 PM   #8  
solitas...lacuna

Oh...well I probably should have mentioned that when I got home I was like "well since the diet for today is already ruined...." and had half a medium pepperoni pizza...
Old 07-28-2004, 03:25 PM   #9  
RosieKate

Hey day 8 done! (thanks, Marti) I lose track..
TLS - I have been know to do the same thing!! I say oh well, the day's blown so whatever. Just remember - It's over...no guilt...move on....BTW, those salads at McD's are pretty OP thing to have. Just have to remember to get grilled chicken, and not crispy. My problem with McD's is being in the vicinity of their fries, yum. So I try to just stay away if at all possible

Scuzin - congrats - you are done kiddo! Can't wait to see you back here for the next one!

MArti - good job on your challenge. Now, you know, you have to stay on track so I can keep track of what day I am on, lol!

HAve a great day everyone!
RK
Old 07-29-2004, 01:44 PM   #10  

Wooooo! Another water challenge in the bag! I think its time to step up and take on an OP challenge. Consider this Day 1!
Old 07-29-2004, 02:49 PM   #11  
RosieKate

Scuzin!

I'm doing an OP challenge, too. Just trying to stay in my WW points for the week...getting used to a new system. So far it's a whole lot easier than the Zone.

Hey TLS and MArti - have a great day - sending out the stay-on -challenge vibes to all

day 9 done for me

RK
Old 07-30-2004, 12:34 AM   #12  

I was looking at my arms today and thought...EWWWWW pretty soon I should be able to fly!!

So I worked on those....

Congrats' Scuzin for making Day 21!!!!

Don't forget to come back!!

Let's keep it up!!!

(Make sure you keep up with what day we're on RK!!!)
Old 07-30-2004, 04:01 PM   #13  

Don't worry I'm not going anywhere!
Day 2 for my OP challenge.
I weighed in today and didn't see any loss to report . Oh well. Because Of my little trip I ate very, very badly for about 3 days and then only had 4 really good days, so Even is about all I can expect. Well I better get to the gym while I have motivation. Check in later!
Old 07-31-2004, 02:14 PM   #14  
solitas...lacuna

Day THA-REEE! For a while there, I was begining to worry that I'd never make it past a day one. However, I got on the scale expecting to wince at the results of a WEEK LONG binge fest and was SHOCKED to see that I'd STILL somehow managed to lose weight! It was just half a pound, but still! After all that to have a loss is amazing. It means my body is working extra hard to lose and I should probably help it out by feeding it good food and exercizing some. So that's what I decided to do.

Yesterday I started working on getting my water intake back where is should be (I drink at least a gallon a day)

I didn't make it up to what I normally because I hardly drank any yesterday evening. However, I was waking up every 2 hours to go to the bathroom. I wasn't mad about it though because when I first started my diet that happend to me and the next morning I was down 4 lbs! 4 lbs of water weight, sure, but it didn't come back. I was hopeing that when I got on the scale this morning something similar would happen and YES! It did! down 2.4 lbs over night! Woohoo! Water weight again, of course. But I am determined that like those original 4, these won't come back.

Now I am super inspired because now I am only 3.6lbs away from my first major mini-goal. It had been my intent to be there by Sunday a week from now, but I think I may make is sooner. yay!
Old 07-31-2004, 04:44 PM   #15  

Congrats TLS
I think I'm on day 3 too....last night was a little iffy staying on plan. I had a big white chocolate mocha...but I think I'm ok because I've wanted to up calories a little and I did a lot of extra exercise.