Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 06:39 PM   #76  
a work in progress...

Thanks for the warm welcome, Amarantha!! Hey, don't worry...We've all been there!
That's the beauty of the challenge...just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start again on Day 1. It really is rewarding to see how many days you can string together.

I'll take today as a successful Day 1...my food was all good choices, I drank LOTS of water, and spent the entire afternoon huffing and puffing out in the yard. Gardening is GREAT exercise! I have to scurry off to bed now because I have to work at 11:00 tonight. So my eating for the day is done! Success!

On to Day 2...........
Old 05-29-2004, 06:54 PM   #77  

Ok here I am...

Journal

1 Veg eggbeater omelette w/ cheese

2 pcs rye toast

25 small steamed shrimp
teaspoonful of sugared peanuts
1 chinese donut ( these are very tiny.. maybe munchkin size)

2 cups Rice "chex" style cereal w/ milk
1 banana

not as bad as I imagined...
I think the bringing the cereal in the house was a mistake...it was very cheap and I literally had to force myself NOT to go and have more...
Wonder if I should toss it b/4 I get in trouble...

Maybe I'll just try changing my name for awhile so I won't hear it calling me....

hmmmmm

low on water ...
time for both water and tea
Old 05-29-2004, 08:31 PM   #78  
Empress/Queen

Katrina, thanks for the encouraging words! I think that's a good point about the 21-day challenge: even if we crash and burn we can look back on a string of successful days and that string can get longer and longer until we finally can achieve the total 21 days ... then we can start again if we choose and it's all good ... the successful days, however, few or many they be are not negated by the crash and burns. It's a win-win situation. Congrats on a good Day One!

Kaylets: Congrats to thee on thy good journal day (and on the job!)!!! Sorry about that cereal-calling-thy-name-thing! Hate when that happen!
Old 05-30-2004, 08:52 AM   #79  
Empress/Queen

AHEM! Here I am of Day One of my fab new challenge. I'm not weighing in this week, using last week's weight as a starting point. Though weight be not a part of my challenge, I like to have a starting point. My challenge is:

For 21 consecutive days eat no more than 1799 calories (less would be highly desirable)!

Huzzah!
Old 05-30-2004, 11:41 AM   #80  
deleted2

Amarantha, you are not alone. This is me starting on Day One yet again!!! You gotta laugh! Somehow I ended the day with 1920 calories, a far cry from my intended 1500 and not nearly enough water--only 4 glasses. Good workout though.

Old 05-30-2004, 12:26 PM   #81  
Empress/Queen

Thanks for letting me know, E!!!! Yup, we gotta laugh and as Katrina saith, dust ourselves off and start again!!! Yowza!!! I'm doing ok so far!
Old 05-30-2004, 02:09 PM   #82  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Red face

YEAH...Day 5 done. Halfway through day 6!

Courage my friends. I was reading some of my journal this morning and where I was a year ago! "Sigh". However I will be there again!

Ceara
Old 05-30-2004, 02:12 PM   #83  
Donna

Well I can't laugh at anyone else as here I go again on Day 1. I guess I didn't really eat "after" dinner yesterday, I just never stopped eating dinner .

Oh well I've picked myself up dusted myself off and here I go again. I will do this, I will do this, I will......

And to anyone who thinks their challenge is easy, it probably isn't for you that's why you chose it. I know I can't journal every day for 21 days. I usually do good for 5 then take a couple off, then back and off, and back and off... the key is to never stop trying. And 5 fruits and veggies I don't think so, that might be my next challenge if I get this one done, I mean when I get this one done.

Well anyway, have a great Sunday everyone.

-Tech
Old 05-30-2004, 07:24 PM   #84  
deleted2

I made it thru Day 1! Finished the day at 1540 calories, had 10 glasses of water, and an hour of yoga and pilates. On to Day 2!

Old 05-30-2004, 11:17 PM   #85  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah!!! I'm calling it good for Day 1 also, although I have a few hours to go, but feel confident I won't be eating anymore tonight as I'm going to go to bed and read. Calories: 1780. Will post menu on the journal thread. On to Day 2!!! Sis boom bah to all of us!
Old 05-31-2004, 07:24 AM   #86  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

Day 7. Scary. Made it through Day 6. I find that the week-ends are the hardest...too many eating opportunities! And there are a whole bunch coming up....b-days and parties etc...Jeez. 'Tis a hazardous world out there!

Here's to us all and one more day! (I feel like a 12 stepper!)

Ceara

Last edited by ceara; 05-31-2004 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:25 AM   #87  

Good Morning

I hope all of our American Challengers are enjoying their Memorial Day long weekend.

I had written a longer post but managed to lose it when I flipped back in the thread to respond to someone's earlier comments- this hasn't happened to me before but I guess you can't do this.

It sounds like everyone has either been doing well or a least been excellent about reapplying themselves to the challenge. I have been keeping my ACURATE Food journal for 1 days now and made it to the gym 5 times this week. It feels good to be getting back into the groove.

Wishing everyone a happy Monday morning
Jen
Old 05-31-2004, 08:39 AM   #88  
Donna

Hello,

Just popping in really quick before heading off to work. (The joy of working somewhere open 263 days a year)

I made it thru day one. Although it was a struggle. On to day 2.

Unfortunately today was WI day for me and I'm up 3 lbs . I'm hoping it's just water since I haven't been doing to well there this week and I've been eating a lot of salty stuff. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a great day all.

- Tech
Old 05-31-2004, 08:41 AM   #89  
Empress/Queen

Yowza, congratulations to the Sword Bearer for moving onto her seventh day!!!! Hooray!!!

Hi to Jen in Nova Scotia and happy Monday to thee also and congrats on getting that groove back!!! Huzzah!

Huzzah to the whole list of stalwart Challengettes!!! How goeth it this week? Here be the list I currently have:

Challengettes:

Amarantha
Arabella
Bburoughs
Cerise
Ceara
Katrinabgood
Kaylets
Nova Jen
Skyfirefly
TechAlum
Wildfire
Wsw

I'm on DAY TWO O' THE NEW! Yowza! Gotta go do assignments today though a holiday it be and will make it to DAY THREE!!! Huzzah!

Old 05-31-2004, 08:02 PM   #90  
wsw

made it through my day 7. hope everyone's monday or memorial day was a good one, challengettes! take care.
Closed Thread