Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 06:51 PM   #151  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Alsbttrfly!!! Welcome to the Challengettes! It is NEVER to late to join this challenge as it's an ongoing thing and if the thread gets too long we can just start a new one!!! We are all chipping away at our personal 21-days and as thou seest (sorry, I talk like that sometimes), no one has made it to 21 days as yet, but Ceara be very close (the first person to do so wins a prize, but the challenges go on and one). I, for one, plan on continuing to do challenges after I complete my 21 days of pb cup NOT, which I believe I will do!!!!! Huzzah!!!

Here's the new Challengette roster! Yowza:

Challengettes:

Alsbttrfly
Amarantha
Arabella
Bburoughs
Cerise
Ceara
Katrinabgood
Kaylets
Nova Jen
Skyfirefly
Stababe
TechAlum
Wildfire
Wsw
Zadie
Old 06-10-2004, 07:20 PM   #152  
deleted2

A day "on the road" yesterday knocked me way off balance, so I'm back to Day One. Wah! Quite honestly I'm embarrassed that I can't seem to get this thing off the ground--I ususally do a bit better with this kind of thing. Also, I have this mid-afternoon fatigue thing happening and maybe I'm eating more because I think it'll energize me or something?
Anyway, I'm soldiering on even if I have to come crawling back time after time. What else am I going to do?

Go, Ceara, go!

Old 06-10-2004, 08:08 PM   #153  
wsw

hi all!

made it through day 7. tricky for me, since fell off the trolley here last time, so wanted to keep myself honest. good evening, all challengettes.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:04 PM   #154  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Red face

Pick your seatbelt wsw and strap in. We have some nice designer ones in a beautiful array of colours! Thee'd be on block 2!

Have gone back and checked my 21 day goals...am still OK...Did not drink enough water in my estimation today but I only wanted to drink lotsa water...whatever that means.

Had a rough day in the old pantry....see food journal for details...however am reporting a successful Day 17 I think that chocolate cake would count as both sugar and junk...wadda think? Besides I'd prolly have a sore tummy....too rich. But it looks S-O G-O-O-D!

I think I'll go to bed and read until I'm . Have the new Kellerman up there I think...Therapy it is called.

Welcome to alsbttrfly. Nope never too late...we have all experienced Day 1 restarts. Empress thee'd be on the 2nd block!! Have a PBC
Eydie glad you enjoyed the museum....yes eating on the road is bad....that is why I dread trips to dog shows with the munch monkey I travel with. By the by, all you who asked...my elder heathen puppy took Best of Winners on Sat, Group 1 in the bred-by group and her younger heathen sister took a group 3 in the puppy match group....they did very well. The last 2 wins are no points, just prestige and practice but fun!

Anyway, am off for the upper regions!

Let's all stay on the wagon! See ya tomorrow!

Ceara
Old 06-10-2004, 09:21 PM   #155  

Hey, I forgot to get on here for awhile hello everyone and sounds like your all doing well. Anyways I have at least been on the June journal challenge on a bit of a regular basis. Still pugging a way trying to take of the excess weight I don't need. At least my clothes fit better and I feel lots better. Still have 12lbs more to dispose of though. Then keeping it off is always fun. Well good luck to all!
Skyfirefly
Old 06-11-2004, 07:41 AM   #156  
the sword bearer

Smile

Onto day 18!! I've met my June mini-goal already, but will wait until 15th to change for the next goal....hafta see where I am at that point.

Empress A how old is Ol'Dog? I have 2 here that are 11 or 12...I'd have to look at their papers....11 I think.

Not walking this morning...the rain is too rainy for me...I don't mind drizzle but this is drops...BIG drops. Maybe this pm if it dries up a bit.

Anyway have to go practise the piano.....DD is singing a Mozart thingy...they are always so trilly and light...I dislike trills. She is doing it in Italian ('tis the recital season you know) and there is one repeated phrase at the end where the words sound like Quack...needless to say I have trouble restraining myself at that point....the giggles I mean...and of course she knows what is going through my mind.....She is singing at Confirmation this Sunday also....a hymn, where she sings above a running ostinato and "I don't know how to love him" from Jesus Christ Superstar.....should be fun.....

I'm off! Stay on the wagon ladies....it is muddy under those there wheels...at least here !!!!

Ceara
Old 06-11-2004, 04:43 PM   #157  

Hello Everyone, this is Day 11 for me. Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Take Care!
Old 06-11-2004, 04:46 PM   #158  

Hi alsbttrfly, forgot to welcome you to the Challengettes!!!
Old 06-11-2004, 05:17 PM   #159  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

Ok, I'm actually calling this a good no pb cup kinda Day 9, as (sorry if this is redundant) I don't have to go anywhere and it is hot and I won't be leaving the house to buy pb cups!!! So, though it be early, I'm saying "ON TO DAY 10!!"

Ceara, thou be the heir apparent here to complete the first challenge!!! Huzzah! You're doing great!!! BTW, re the age of Old Dog, there be some disagreement between me and the vet, who says I said she was older when I first brought her in, but I believe she's approximately 9. I've long since lost her adoption papers (I got her from the Home for Friendless Animals when she was 3 months)!

Yea, reading be therapy, but I have an unfortunate desire to eat when I read mysteries, but I'm working on that ... don't want to give up mystery reading, so forcing myself to lay off the munchies when I do it!

Bburoughs, ELEVEN fab days and counting!!! Thou be stalwart indeed!!!! Huzzah to thee!!!

Eydie, no fear, though thou be going back to day one, thou be still doing a great and consistent job ... I'd still be going back to Day One every other day if I hadn't picked an easier challenge!

Skyfirefly, thou be really consistent and faithful to both the journal thread and the challenge!!! Thy attitude be bound to carry over into the arena of Demon Scale. Those 12 pounds are history!!!! Yowza!!!

Wsw: DAY EIGHT and COUNTING!!! Fantastic!!! No falling off the trolley for thee now! You're doing great!

To all Challengettes, mentioned and unmentioned, huzzah! Sorry to be so long winded. I shall ariseth and go now!
Old 06-11-2004, 06:57 PM   #160  

Default I want to participate!

Hi!
I've been reading your posts about the 21 days challenge and I think that's a great idea. Do you allow me to became one of you? I'm 19 years old and I need to lose 19 pounds. I'm small: 5'0'' and I would like to reach 110 pounds. Well I'll set my goals:

- Make a food report everyday at Fitday;
- 1300 cal a day (ok, I can only slide to 1350...higher than that I'll go to day one again :P );
- go 2 hours a week to the gym for my body pump and body combat lessons;
- drink my water (1,5 L - 2,0 L);
- no junk food;
- no eating because I'm nervous;

And now the extra difficulty: In the next week will begin my exams season. it'll last until 22th of July. It's a very hard time to be on a diet, there's a hughe pressure over my shoulders
But I believe I can make it, I really want to show myself I can keep this!
Waiting for your approval!
By the way If i'm allowed to today I behave myself really well: 2.0 L of water and 1232 cal, can I consider it day one?tomorrow i'll go to the gym

Hugs

maat
Old 06-11-2004, 09:50 PM   #161  
Empress/Queen

Yo, Maat! No need to wait for our approval because I know everyone agrees that you're most welcome!!! The more support we have here the better! Hope you relax and have fun with the challenge, though, and don't let it pressure you (especially during exams)! If you do it, great, if you have a slip, well, it's just a game!

Here's the new list:

Challengettes:

Alsbttrfly
Amarantha
Arabella
Bburoughs
Cerise
Ceara
Katrinabgood
Kaylets
Maat
Nova Jen
Skyfirefly
Stababe
TechAlum
Wildfire
Wsw
Zadie
Old 06-12-2004, 05:00 AM   #162  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Day 1 again. I've been really stressed out, caught a cold, and let the plan get sidelined (although I followed a pretty stringent detox plan for 8/10 days and didn't go overboard on the other two). However, I know I'd feel so much better if I tried to do everything on my list, because it's got destressors built right into it. Today I try again! Challengers!
Old 06-12-2004, 08:17 AM   #163  
the sword bearer

Unhappy

I know Empress A, but now unfortunately my life is not always in my own control. I have not gone off my eating programme, just couldn't do the no food after 7 last night...was at a fund raiser for the Barbershoppers, and they started their d***ed dinner at 7:45. I had a small amount of pasta and salad, tea and 2 bites of a roll...so the food part is good, and lotsa water but the hour was wrong. So, back I go with Miss Arabella. Day 1...that's OK though, the scale is very encouraging.

I will keep the same objectives with one alteration...no food after 7 except for social occasions over which I have no control!

I canna tell a lie!

Ceara
Old 06-12-2004, 08:34 AM   #164  
wsw

day 9-strapped in by my designer seatbelt and hanging on. hi challengettes, one and all!
Old 06-12-2004, 09:29 AM   #165  
Empress/Queen

Talking

Yowza, Sword Bearer, thou art still a champion!!! Huzzah for thy amazing 17-day streak!!! I wanna be thee when I grow up!!! That timing thing be hard to handle when we don't totally control our schedules, so with that little alteration, thou shouldst be on thy way to the full 21 ...

Arabella, thy stalwartness in following that detox plan be amazing!!! Glad you are back on the thread! Huzzah!!!

Congrats on being at Day 9, W!!!! Huzzah!!!!

I'm officially on Day 10 ... but need to point out that I have a very easy challenge. It didn't seem easy when I started, due to my obsession with the PB Cup Demon , but I no longer care about that particular anymore. This challenge has given me the chance to eliminate at least one binge source from my life, so it's to the good!!

We're all doing great!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 06-12-2004 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Too cheery!
Closed Thread