Healthy Headstart for Pregnancy Buddies #3

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • This is an open group of women looking to lose weight in order to have healthy, happy pregnancies later down the road…

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join!

My name is Trish, I’m 26 years old, and have a beautiful 4 ½ year old daughter as well as a handsome 8 year old stepson. My husband and I were just married this past April 1st and we are getting ready to try and conceive a baby of our own. Currently, since joining 3FCs, I’ve lost 8 pounds and hope to continue losing until I’m pregnant.

Please introduce yourselves and feel free to join in!
  • Since you have started us a new thread I will post a new intro too....

Hi! My name is Jenn. I am not currently married or engaged, but my family seems to think (or hope) that my current BF, Tim, is going to be the "one"...Since I hope the same thing and I know I won't want to wait once I get married to start TTC, I decided that I should start losing weight now in order to be much more prepared and a lot healthier when the time came, so here I am. Since joining, I have lost about 18# and hope to lose another 30 before I'm ready to have children.

I look forward to seeing some new faces join us!
  • Morning, lovelies! How is our Thursday going?
  • We're going to IHOP today for breakfast. Do you think 2 over medium eggs and a bowl of oatmeal sounds okay- dietwise. IHOP doesn't have their nutritional info online (of course :P ) so I never know what to get!
  • I think that sounds fine for a breakfast... Eggs don't have many calories and I'm pretty sure oatmeal doesn't either...Also oatmeal is good for lowering cholestoral and egg yokes have a lot of cholestoral in them, so by eating them together you won't have to worry about the cholestoral
  • Good because I hate feeling guilty about ordering here! BUT I'm tired of simple grilled chicken breasts- they are really dull after a few weeks :P So I'm trying to make my own meals- LOL- hence the two eggs and oatmeal from IHOP!
  • I just had my yogurt... I need to start picking up a variety of things for lunch, but yogurt and fruit is easy and I'm lazy in the morning If I get lunch here, my boss pays, but sometimes there is no good, healthy options... maybe I'll start ordering again a couple days a week...We'll see
  • I just don't like yogurt. Tried doing it the other week- first time, it was great. Then it started tasting funky! LOL!

Well, my breakfast is rapidly turning into lunch. The gal screwed up our order big time and so I've had my eggs, but am still waiting on my oatmeal :P
  • I understand that everyone is human andno one is perfect so people make mistakes, but don't you hate when they have their "Duh!" moment when they are waiting on you? It makes it soo much more aggatating

Hope you've had your oatmeal by now!
  • Yep, had the oatmeal. Was NOT as good as (say) the stuffed pancakes looked :P

I'm sooooooooooo bored. We are leaving here an hour early today (for me) and time is draggin'.
  • Sorry that you had food envy and it made your oatmeal seem less appealing, but I'm glad that you got to go home an hour early I know I love being able to cut out of my office even 15 minutes early... I can never wait to leave, so I'm always excited when Jerry says he needs to close early and doubly excited when he says I will get paid for the rest of the time anyways
  • OMG. Today has started off BADLY. I'm lying in bed when I hear the rustle of garbage bags being moved around. The only place in my bedroom where there is a garbage bag is on the bottom tray of the Coatis cage- I'm not sure if you've ever used kitty liners in the litter box, but it works just like that. It's a huge yard garbage bag that fits over their bottom tray. They are on a grid ABOVE the bag, so when they potty, it falls into the bag and all I have to do is pull out the tray, flip the bag inside out, and toss it.

Anyways, somehow through magic, they had pulled the ENTIRE bag into their cage. So they're now pottying ALL OVER the TRAY instead of the bag. Imagine, this is quite the mess- three furkids just doing their deed whenever they want.

I jump out of bed, totally infuriated, and ready to fix the problem. I've got to get their bag out of their cage, clean the tray, and put a new bag in their cage.

My Husband, whom I love dearly, did not lift a damn finger to help. He just stayed in bed.

OMG- I am sooo very mad. He said, "Hey, you can do that later" I can't stand men and their later attitudes- LATER means ever MORE mess. And I cannot stand mess.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

So how's your Friday going?
  • Oh Trish! I'm sorry.... that is definitely no fun.... I know how much I 'loved' it when my kitties would tear at the litter box liner until they got it into the box and then poop all over it...

Men never seem to help with things like that and they always want to wait until 'later' so you have twice as much to do, not that they will help you 'later' either!

I hope the rest of your day goes better!
  • So far, the rest of the day has gone just as bad :P My 8 year old son went to take out the trash and dumped it all over the floor instead! And work is sucking royally :P

Otherwise, they're ordering something good for lunch and I'm trying to avoid it.
  • Well Miss Trish, I certainly hope your weekend goes better, with a lot less mess!

Tomorrow I am going to the gym and then playing taxi and babysitting Shaelyn She is soo adorable! And what is even cuter is that Tim asked me if I wanted to take her to the zoo He came up with that all on his own... he's soo cute!!