Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 10:23 PM   #46  
Member w/ messiest house

That's really excellent about your sister. Nice to hear when people can really make changes that matter.

Where the heck was that speech of Dubya's tonight, anyway? I see in the news briefs that it took place, but it wasn't on any station I could get. Not that I tried that hard... after all, Still Standing was on.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:29 AM   #47  
loves kleenex box art

I didn't see it either but part of the time I was watching Adaptation with Nicholas Cage. Fascinating movie. I was reminded (by seeing Cage) that most male Hollywood stars aren't all that virile. I just wish he hadn't married someone Michael Jackson also marrried. yuck.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:50 AM   #48  
The magic shrinking cow

I like Nicolas Cage. He has nice eyes.

Hi!

We watched the Bush speech on CNN. He didn't say much.

Wabby- yahoo to your sister! I'm glad she's doing well.

Kiwi-- we have a nice place to walk, but for some reason, as soon as people start running, others lose their minds. Especially we girls of the heavier persuasion. So I have my wonderful treadmill, although I use my DVDs more often. (Did I tell you I also acquired a free ergometer from a guy at work! It's nice to have.) I do recommend having your own treadmill. Mine is a NordicTrak and it has held up really well. However, don't buy a cheap treadmill. I had to sperr-muehl a terrible treadmill I bought for $120. What a waste!

Welcome back Bagzie! Welcome back Cookie! Where's Frappucino? Hi Sugar P! Hi Lushie!

I joined WW last night. I bought 12 weeks of meetings (no registration fee) and the cute little packet o' books and stuff. So far today, I've had 5 points. I'm hungry and the nuts and pretzels are calling me!
Old 05-25-2004, 01:09 PM   #49  

Hiya Cherry! What is an ergometer? Atta girl on joining WW. It always works for me as long as I actually follow the program. The trick to getting through the first week is to make a pot of vegetable soup (0 points) and eat it anytime you get hungry.

Welcome home Bagzie, dear.

From what I understand the networks didn't bother carrying the Bush speech broadcast. They probably figured no one would watch. What does that say about the American ppl? No one would miss American Idol, though.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:12 PM   #50  
fatter than U

Default Hey yous!

It's my birthday.Where's my party??

Too stuffed with cake to post. Good thing I exercised this morning 'cause I sure ain't doing it now.

Last edited by SugP; 05-25-2004 at 04:14 PM. Reason: just because I could
Old 05-25-2004, 05:38 PM   #51  
The magic shrinking cow

Happy Birthday Sugar P!!! Enjoy your cake!!!

Wabby, a cycle ergometer is just a manual stationary bike. Not very fancy, but I like it.

I've already gone over my points for the day and I still have to count dinner! Yay for Flexpoints! I have to look up that veggie soup recipe.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:43 PM   #52  
loves kleenex box art

HAPPPY BIRTHDAY SUGAR PIE SWEETIE
Old 05-25-2004, 10:15 PM   #53  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Red face Sugar sugar!!

awww honey honey !!! you are my CANDY GIRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! so happy birthday darlin!!!! and hope you had a little attention from your sweetie!!! {of the diamond,pearl and chocolate variety} HAVE A GREAT DAY OR NIGHT OR WHATEVER PLEASES YOUR CUTE LITTLE SELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOX
Old 05-26-2004, 08:18 AM   #54  
fatter than U

Talking

Thanks, darlings. Dh made breakfast AND dinner yesterday. World record. Got treated like a queen (for a change ). No diamonds, just some nice books.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:28 PM   #55  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Awwwwwwww Durn

I missed your birthday, SugarPlum!!!!!! I'm so sorry!

Happy Belated Birthday to you!!

Yesterday was Thursday for me this week--had to get DD to her lessons, then we sped back to attend a school faculty/alumni concert, which was fantastic, then had a performing arts boosters meeting, at which I was elected Secretary. Whoopee for me. It was the last meeting of the year, so I don't really have to do anything until fall. By then I will have forgotten all about it and won't be able to find the Official Notebook.

Kiwi
Old 05-26-2004, 07:15 PM   #56  

Happy belated birthday, you sweet little Sugar Plum! How did I manage to miss it? Hope it was all you wished for.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:42 PM   #57  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey, I'm home today. Where is everybody? I thought Thursday was the day Peaches begged for people to blab at her. Apparently not.

Oh, that reminds me -- did you ever get that post of Bagz' removed? Last time I looked, it was still there, and she can't do it--it won't let her.

Kiwi
Old 05-27-2004, 03:42 PM   #58  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Happy, Happy Birthday, Sugar P. We had another computer crash. It took a couple of days to get it going....So I missed your day. I'm glad your men made an appropriate fuss over you. Books are better than diamonds. What books were they?

Please note that today is Thursday and someone should post.

bye
Old 05-27-2004, 03:45 PM   #59  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, that's what I thought.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:36 PM   #60  
fatter than U

Talking Here, but just barely

Why do I always sabotage myself 6 weeks before we go on holiday? I CANNOT stop eating. What's up with that? It's just hideous.

Thanks again for birthday wishes. The books I got are "Pompeii", "Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress" and some book with short stories featuring woman detectives, all in German. Dh has interesting taste in books, doesn't he?

Must go to bed now so I don't eat everything in the house.
Closed Thread