Old 05-18-2004, 12:41 PM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's #174

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:51 PM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Well, I read all of your posts on the other thread, but by the time I've made it here, I don't remember many of them.
I was just doing an afternoon check while I was eating lunch, which probably isn't the best; leftover lasagna, but no bread. Anyway, I got my errands ran and now I'm mowing. I haven't mowed in probably 5 years, I'm serious. Dh never cared for me mowing. Well, I'm surprising him today and it's gonna be mowed. But I don't do the weedeating. I'm just excited my kids are finally big enough that I can mow. Andrew has been riding with me while the girls played on the swing set. We took a break for lunch and I'm gonna finish when Andrew takes a nap.
I just thought I'd check in and tell you girls that since I've been exercising, i have so much energy. Use to, running errands two days straight with all the kids, getting them in and out, in and out and so on, wouldn't have been a question, now I don't mind it. It's like I have the energy to do it and it helps as they get bigger. Anyway, I'm off to clean up lunch. Hope you all are having a fantastic day.
TTYL
Old 05-18-2004, 02:25 PM   #3  
Walking away the weight

Crystal - quick question. What is the name of the site with the recipies again? I though I bookmarked it, but I can't find it. Thanks
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 02:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi! Crystal you forgot to tell us on the last thread that a new one was started. There are several posts over there so please everyone go back and read them too.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 02:56 PM   #5  
Walking away the weight

Crystal - Never mind! I found it

Today is going well. I'm having my normal late afternoon slump (I get starving right around 3 or 4 pm). I'll have to snack on some zero point things like pickles! Lots of flavor, no points. Or salad with fat-free dressing.

Tonight for dinner I'm throwing together ground turkey, rice, seasonings (chicken broth, garlic, onion, crushed red pepper, etc.) and salad. I need to do some more grocery shopping. That's always questionable with Liam these days.

Michelle - that sounded yummy! And it sounded like a very healthy version of French Toast.

Spryng - cute joke!

Crystal - did you have fun mowing? I can't stand yard work, which is why we live in a condo Neither DH or I like taking care of a yard.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:01 PM   #6  
2BoysMom

Crappy day weatherwise...so just popped in for a minute...Ds's are bugging me to get off of the computer already

Last night when I went up on the deck to join Dh to watch the storms roll in...he had a couple candles lit out there. It was so pretty and romantic
So it was almost 80 yesterday and today it's in the 50's and cloudy, windy and generally crappy!!

Spryng, I would recommend the Chunk to Hunk Book to anyone. It was good and humorous. He does stress the exercise thing too though. You just need to do it to get healthy.

Dinner tonight...spaghetti and garlic bread I think. Then it'll be bath time again for the boys 'cause Tony will make a mess of himself...lol. AI tonight and that's about it. Relax after the boys go to bed I guess. Doing laundry now and grocery shopped earlier. Getting very expensive . Grapes were like $3.58/lb...OUTRAGEOUS. Needless to say we aren't having grapes this week. Even the apples I normally buy were up .20/lb. With the price of milk we can't afford to eat - ha, ha!! We've considered buying a cow adn getting our own so we may as well throw in some chickens for the eggs and meat while we're at it! . Next fall I'll be looking for a part time job anyway. For now unemployment comp covers the grocery bill!

Melinda (I'm going by memory here) the garden is doing well. Beans and peas are up almost 2#, everthing else is coming up too. We're going to get the tomato, pepper and cuke plants later this week or early next week. I'll get more flowers then too to finish that up.

The party went really well. It could have been about 10 degrees warmer but at least the sun was shining and the kids could be running outside. Took about 1/2 hour to open all the presents for both of them! Had somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 people...mostly relatives! Dh has 4 sibligs and I have 3 so with spouses and kids and friends and a couple of neighbors it's a houseful.

OK, sounds like everyone is doing well in the weight loss journey. Keep up the good work and exercise ladies and I'll talk to you all later.

Spryng...I'll call ya!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:13 PM   #7  
Walking away the weight

Geri - glad the party went well, but am hoping better weather comes your way soon!

DH is taking Liam for a boys dinner out so I get the evening off Hooray. I'm going to get some scrapbooking done and take a bath. They'll return in time for 24 though - do any of you watch that? DH loves that show

So no cooking tonight, just eating one of my 5-point Smart Ones dinner.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:35 PM   #8  
2BoysMom

Leigh...where do they go to dinner? That's cool that Dh takes him out. I had to wait 'til Will was over 1 year or so before Dh would do that!! lol
Old 05-18-2004, 04:41 PM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Oh My Gosh!!!, I am so sorry about not putting on the last thread that I was starting a new one. I usually do that. I think because I did it backwards than I normally do is why I forgot. I am so sorry. Hope it didn't cause any confusion.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Ugghhhh stupid internet went down and I lost my post!! grrrr

Anyway lol

Spryng - yes whole wheat bread is allowed on sb but I've been trying to stay away from breads and such. I did get a nap in too!!

Well I will write more later seeing as my post was lost, I don't have much time.
ttyl
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 05:12 PM   #11  
Ready for ACTION!!!

The house is much better now. At least a crisis cleaning takes a couple of hours instead of a couple of days.

I am so thankful for this thread and all of you. I just know I'd have lost my drive and focus without you all. My DH is driving me insane and I am really wondering if we can continue this way. He needs to be treated for depression and he won't have any part of it. I have cried so much my eyes are swollen, but that's all I can do. He has to make some changes to fix our problems that I am not sure he is willing to make. Anyway, thanks for being here for me! I am grateful and needed to let you all know that.

I need more water and some exercise, and some happy pills, LOL!!

Going to watch Dr. Phil, be back later!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 05:16 PM   #12  
2BoysMom

Cindi, hope things get better soon!!

Crystal, we'll forgive you

Hi Michelle, sorry you lost your post!

Can you tell the weather is crappy!! You never hear from me this often anymore.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:55 PM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Default Ahhh!

I'm in the middle of doing a pedicure! I only have time to do one when DH takes Liam out. I'm so proud of myself! I'm having a very difficult couple of days because of PMS (I wish TOM would just arrive already). There is a very fattening chocolate bar in the house for DH. I had a moment during stress when I said to myself: "Oh, I can just have one square of it." And I probably could - I could figure it into my points . . . but, I quickly dismissed the idea and went off to take a bath

Geri - DH does take him to restaurants with some friends from work sometimes, but tonight he went over to a co-worker's house to order pizza. he has to go back into work at 9pm, so no 24 for us until tomorrow

Cindi - I'm so sorry to hear about DH. I'm not sure how to best offer you words of encouragement, but I do hope things take a turn for the better. My thoughts are with you.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:57 PM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hey Ladies,

Don't have time to post everyone right now but I will tonight!

Thanks so much about all the great comments about Andrew. You can tell he is heatlhy.....

Anyhow! WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!

His kidney functions have actually improved and the urologist said he is doing wonderful! He doesn't have to go back for 6 months and we will just have to do an ultrasound we when go back! Awesome!!!!

I attached a pic of him today. He did ok through the test, but they blew two of his veins to get his iv in. He is now home and doing ok.

Thanks for all the concern and prayers!

I will be back on later tonight
Attached Images
File Type: jpg andrewkidneytest.JPG (38.6 KB, 35 views)
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:14 PM   #15  
Walking away the weight

That's wonderful news, Penny!
Awww! Poor little guy - the picture really made me feel for him.