Old 05-23-2004, 11:37 AM   #46  
GmaTo8

Just a quick note -

I added a "before" photo to the album I did yesterday. It shows me in all my glory on DS's birthday last Fall. I pull ears for however many years old a family member is on their birthday, and that's what I was doing in the pic.

Can you tell any difference between then and now?

Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:47 AM   #47  

Height: 5'1"

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Morning everyone.....I can't be the first to post can? Well I suppose I am. Both James and Jhanai are sleeping in....I was getting fussy around 7:00 but didn't actually get out of bed until 8:00.

Yesterday James & I took Jhanai to the mall. We stopped at Copelands, an atheletic store, and checked out all the workout contraptions. We can't buy anything until our shed is finished and we clean out the extra room we have. And now my grandpa took off for Salem for a few days then is heading up to Seattle Washington another few days. Which is good for him!! He needs to get out and stay busy....although I worry about him driving so far! (Seattle Washington??) My aunt it in Salem, and my Uncle is in Seattle.

I only have 2 weeks of school, then I have three days of finals......then I have to start hunting really good for a job. I was thinking how I wouldn't mind working nights, but then I would miss all of Jhanai's singing programs and I would absolutely hate that!! But I got to get something and if it's nights I suppose it's just going to have to be. As it is, the jobs I already put in for, are evening shifts.

I want to start something different in my routine. I'm lacking motivation again....I'm not sure what it is....I've felt very depressed at times and just sat around with tears....well I tell you, that's not going to help get this fat off!! I received some photos of my reception from a friend, and I asked James.....when did I get fatter than you??? I'm probably only 25-30 lbs smaller than he, but I look wider!! This upsets me...because he used to be over 60lbs. heavier. (he's lost weight since Sony.......why didn't that happen to me?)
I can't keep blaming Sony...but right now, it's the easiest thing to do. Pretty pathetic I know but that's where my mind is set right now. HO HUM....I better quit whining and moaning...I don't want to bore you all to tears. Plus I need to get Jhanai up.....get our day started.

Talk to you all later tonight,

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:52 AM   #48  

Jana--

Of coarse you can tell....you have done such an amazing job!! I'm so proud of what you've accomplished so far!! You're doing great!! Thank you for sharing your photos!!

Keep up the great work....I know you can do it!! (and hopefully some of that motivation you have will rub off on me!)
Old 05-23-2004, 03:40 PM   #49  
RosieKate

Hello friends
Hope Sunday is treating you well. I woke up feeling more rested and energetic than I have all week. This is a good thing. The bad thing is I noticed all the housekeeping that hasn't happened all week 'cause I wasn't feeling great. I'm thinking I have allergies. I never had hayfever when I was young, but as I have (ahem) matured, I find I get hit hard with a reaction in May, just when things start blooming. Then I'm fine for the rest of the season. Wierd. I want to get over it as David and I have some getaway plans for the annual birthday/anniversary. We are going to Sylvia Beach Hotel in Newport ( on the central Oregon coast) It's a bed and breakfast where each room has been decorated like a different author. No tv or phones and a fabulous attic library overlooking the ocean. A book lovers getaway. We booked the Jane Austen room. I don't want to be a bleary-eyed, sniveling mess!

I weigh in tomorrow and am crossing my fingers. I started planning ahead about what I'm going to eat (as opposed to writing it down afteward). I've noticed alot less snacking - so send me some good weigh-in vibes!

Jana
- Your pictures are impressive - you are looking great! Keep up the good work. I admire how you are staying OP even though life is pretty difficult right now. Life's curveballs have always thrown me off my plans in the past, so I know it can be very hard to think about eating well when so much else is on your mind. Kudos to you for holding it all together!

Marti - I sympathize with the issue of living with a husband who seems to lose weight effortlessly. D's been coaching track and 20 lbs have just melted off his body. I asked him if he was training with the kids and he said that he doesn't have time. He just hasn't had time to eat a lot of junk because he's always on the go. So he said his big dieting wisdom to pass on to me was to "stay busy" I think I kicked him in the shins Like I sit around all day eating bon bons!

Susan - hey - thanks again for the pictures - you have a beautiful family! good luck on the job application - sounds like you are perfect for the
job!
Angie - how'd it go with your house - keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Christi - The colors in your house sound great. I also like to put color on my walls. I have peach beige ( according to Miller paint) in our livingroom/office/mainhall. The bedrooms are a blues, kind of a french blue - so not a pastel, bathroom is an apple green ( my mom HATES it hee hee) and our kitchen is a textured pink. Sounds kind of wild but its a soft look that looks better than it sounds. I've been considering some more painting this summer to freshen things up. Might carry the peach into the kitchen then. I think one the photos in my album is of my daughter and I in the kitchen so you could see what it looks like. Oh, I shouldn't get started on this subject - I love decorating!

Shanna - Happy Birthday - very late (sorry!) Enjoy that camera. I love playing with photos on the computer - do you do any Photoshop with your photos?

Rita and Sue - hope you are having a great weekend and I'll try to check in a little more often next week!

Onward!
RosieKate
Old 05-23-2004, 11:36 PM   #50  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

After many, many days of the scale not moving I finally lost ONE pound. Oh well, at least it wasn't a gain, but with the effort I have put in I thought it would be more. I am at a loss as to what else I can do diet wise. I know I could get more exercise, but I think I have been eating as close to OP as I have ever done. I have walked at least 2.7 miles a day and then a few days 5 miles. Well, tomorrow starts another week. Hope everyone has a good Mon. and smiles to all...

suetalks
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:08 AM   #51  

Taking a break from accounting......yep...doing homework this late!! (I had to spend quality time with Jhanai rather than doing homework!)

Sue--Scales can be so unforgiving! You have been doing great with walking and staying OP, and that one pound is still a good loss. Others will join. You may be toning muscles right now, so why not try to measure yourself. I think you're doing great!!

RosieKate--I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. Allergies are no fun. I didn't have them as a kid, but I have them now. Not as bad as it has been, but it really kicks me in the butt.

I better get back to work. I'm giving myself an hour then I'm going to bed. You all have a great morning!!

Marti
Old 05-24-2004, 01:09 AM   #52  

Don't post here.....got to chit chat #49!