Old 05-18-2004, 12:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hello!

Well, I got brave and hopped on the scale today. Thank goodness it wasn't as much as my guess. I guessed 5# heavier than what it read. Unfortunately I weighed 5.5# more than when I recorded my weight last, which was on Jan. 10th. So...I'll take Spryngs advice and look at it as this is the most I'll weigh and tomorrow hopefully I'll weigh less! Oh!, Oh! .... I just received an important phone call. TTFN I'm back!! My friend just called me to let me know that her basement flooded about a 1/2 hour ago and to top things off- her electric went out too! Thank goodness she was able to call me on her cell phone to get an update on the weather and thankfully I had a better weather forcast for her to tell her DH. Now-for my exercise dept.----
I ruptured my lower disc in my back this past weekend and I went on a follow-up appt. at my chiropractor today and he said to take it easy til at least Friday when he sees me next. I guess I'd better be a really good girl in the nutrition dept., huh? I've been doing pretty good for the past week on watching my carbs and cutting portion sizes, so I should see a loss soon I hope. Well, it's getting late here, so I better sign off. Good Night!
Well, I didn't go to sleep yet. Geri: I couldn't help to take a peek at your newest pictures. I enjoyed them very much! It's nice to have faces to go along with the posts. Do you have a recent one of yourself, or are you like me & hide from the camera? What kind of camera do you own? I'm sure it's a digital one, or did you scan the pictures off your printer? I'm looking into buying a half-way decent digital camera. We have a Sony TV and it has a place to download pictures right on to our TV. But any info on a camera would be helpful and the price too. Well, this time I'm signing off. Zzzzz.......

Last edited by Freckles; 05-18-2004 at 12:38 AM.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:52 AM   #17  
SAHM of 3

Smile Great Tuesday Morning

Good morning gals. I sure hope everyone has had a great night. I slept 6 straight slolid hours. Yesterday Spryng got in 9 1/2 and I'm excited about 6, LOL.

Well, there were alot of posts last night after mine, so here goes.

Julie, my kids, well my daughters, have several people that they can sleepover at. My mom's, my MIL's, and their Aunt Debra. They still only sleepover once in a while. Maybe once every couple of months. It's just enough, because EVERY time they spend the night away, when they come back they are terrors. It wasn't so bad this last time, but I guess it's because of course at nanny's they get away with more, I don't know.
I have a friend that lets her son, he's 7, spend several nights in a row with her MIL. He hasn't lately, but he used to and he is very undisciplined, go figure, right. I just think every once in a while is enough. You don't want them to get used to it and get spoiled over there, but it's good to change up his routine every once in a while. How old is he? That matters alot too.

Cindi, WTG girl, for getting a size smaller. That is an awesome feeling isn't it? So proud of you. Are things getting any better with dh and his work? I hope so. I'll pray for you.

Penny, sounds like you're having some busy days. GL with Andrew today.

Spryng, hope you have a good night. And I sleep better when I'm cold. We have window units and I like to set them cold, cold, cold. I've always loved sleeping in hotel rooms because you don't have to pay for the a/c, so I like to put it as cold as it can go.

MistyMichele, my motivation comes and goes. I'm extra motivated now because I'm almost a size smaller and me and dh are taking a weekend away at the end of June and that is what is motivating me. It works better if you set yourself some mini goals but something big that really matters and would really make you happy. That's the best motivation I can get.

Michelle, hope you have a great night. How is it going with your neighbors?

Jackie, sorry about your back. Hope it gets better soon. So you should do really well on the nutrition dept. but don't under do it.

Geri, those pictures are adorable. Looks like that cake was good. I hope you enjoyed some time with your dh on the deck.

Well girls, I slept well. I've got more errands to run today but this time I'm doing them after breakfast instead of after lunch. I need to really work in my garden this afternoon. I wanted to tell you all what my dh did yesterday. After dinner, I heard him say he was going somewhere so I asked him to hurry and go so he could hurry and get back so I could exercise. Out of the clear blue, he told me to get all the kids shoes on and he would take ALL of them. Can you believe that? I didn't ask or nothing. And he was in a bad mood yesterday because he doesn't feel real good, but he still did that. And I did alot of griping about him so I wanted to brag just a bit on him. I thought that was one of the nicest things he could have done. And he heard my FIL brag on my weight loss, so I think that makes him happier to watch the kids for me to do it, knowing it's paying off. Well girls. I hope you all have a great day. I've got to get in there and make dh's lunch and get him out of the bed. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:53 AM   #18  
Walking away the weight

Default Sad . . .

I just found out that there is an 80% chance that our very good friends are moving to FL I know they have to do what's best for them, but it's hard to hear.

I did very well yesterday on WW. So far, I really like it. It's quite reasonable and I don't totally feel like I'm dieting or being overly restricted. It's more behavior modification focused it seems to me . . . it definitely makes me think about each food choice I make, which is a good thing. Also, having to write down everything I eat is good too.

Does anyone have any good recipies using ground turkey, rice, seasonings, etc.? I may go to meals.com (Thanks, Crystal!) and look one up.

Melinda - what is Circle?

Julie - Liam is just shy of six-months, and we left him overnight with the grandparents for the first time a few weeks ago. He spent two nights with them while we were in Key West for our anniversary. It's hard for me to say with older kids since I have no experience with that! Still, Liam is very clingy with me, but I notice when I leave him with a sitter, he becomes a bit less clingy for a few days, so I think they kind of adjust. Especially if it's people they know well.

Geri - Will and Tony are precious! And your yard looks beautiful - the lawn looks sooo lush and inviting. Glad your maintaining

Crystal - I bet FIL's compliment helps so much in keeping you OP! That's a sweet compliment. It sounds like you get along nicely with him - if so, that's nice. Also, I'm glad DH did that with the kids for you - that's great of him to offer support. Good job on the work out!

Cindi - a size smaller jeans??? for you - bask in that for a while
Hmm . . . try and take it easy with yourself (easier said than done, I know) - hope your throat feels better ASAP.

Spryng - Congrats on your coursin's reaction - bet you felt awesome, which you should I was talking about activity points from exercise - I know it's strange since I earn them, but somehow it feels weird . . . I still used them, though But about your Flexpoints advice - I was thinking about doing that too - using them on the weekends when we're doing lots of socializing and such. Thanks for the insights.

Misty - Thanks for the Liam compliment. I really like your little Halloween picture. I'm thinking of doing a Halloween party for Liam's first B-day (he was born October 21st). As for ebay - I registered with them sooooo long ago, that I can't really remember what info I gave them. But I have a Paypal account, so maybe I didn't need to give them a credit card number? They're linked with paypal (ebay owns paypal). Are you familiar with paypal?

Penny - My thoughts and prayers are with Andrew, you, and the rest of the family. Keep us posted.

Michelle - hope you had a nice night

Jackie - sorry to hear about your back! Hope it's feeling better soon.

I was calculating potential weight loss and realized I just may reach my goal weight by Liam's first birthday
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:37 AM   #19  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

OK Ladies,

Only one out of three kids is up so I wanted to post before I left this morning. I feel so lost if I don't.....

Jessi,
Congrats to you! I am so happy that you and dh are in this together! That is wonderful! I know how you feel about eating right and feeling good

Leigh,
You are doing awesome! How are you liking ww so far??? Sounds like you are really excited!

Melinda,
What is a circle??? We had taco salad yesterday! It was yummy (no shells for me ) And about the weaning. I was totally not ready and neither was Andrew but he is almost a year and I personally don't want to have him walking around nursing. Not putting down on anyone but it is just not personally for me. I say you are doing awesome nursing as long as you are And Andrew did not take any supplements, pacifier or anything. Not b/c I didn't give it to him, but b/c he refused...

Geri,
I LOVED the pics! The kiddos are soooo cute And congrats on the turtle!!!! You have been having such great losses!

Julie,
Both my parents and inlaws live next door to us and I can count on one hand or maybe two hands how many times my kids have slept over. And none of them have slept over until after a year. Just worked out that way.

Cindi,
WEIGH TO GO!!!! That is awesome you got into the next size jeans!!!!! Congrats Congrats! Hope you are feeling better

Misty,
Andrew's test is today. And on the Ebay subject... the only reason you would have to give a credit card number is if you had the yahoo or hotmail account.

Spryng,
I am so glad you got great compliments from your cousin! I know all your hard work is showing!

Michelle,
Hope you have a great day today! Congrats on the 1lb loss so far You are doing awesome! And congrats on the 36 bra! I am still in a 38. I am just like Spryng I guess.... I expanded and I will probably never go below a 36.

Leigh,
That is awesome that you can reach goal by Liam's birthday! That is your motivation! Run with it!

Crystal,
Congrats that people are noticing your weight loss! All the hard work is paying off!

Freckles,
You are going to have a wonderful loss this week! Hope you are doing better soon!

Ok Ladies,
I am off to get all the kids things gathered for what they need today. They are staying at mil and fil's today. And Hunter has karate this evening so I have to get everything to together.

Have a great day
I will post tonight
Attached Images
File Type: jpg andrew10months2.JPG (31.0 KB, 24 views)
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:07 AM   #20  
SAHM of 3

Penny, Andrew is so cute. He's a big boy. Reminds me of my Andrew. At 17 months he's 32 lbs. and weighing in more than my almost 3 yo. dd, Ally. That's a cute picture. Good Luck today, and let us know how things go.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:26 AM   #21  
Walking away the weight

Hey, Penny - what a great photo of Andrew! Can't wait to see more. I'm thinking of you guys today
Old 05-18-2004, 09:58 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Wow lots of posts already lol. Well I hopped on the scale today and it said 230 so another lb down and 230 is my 20 lbs gone mark!! So that was a bit exciting for me . Well nothing big planned here for today as usual we just like to chill out at home. I will probably do some sort of project with Taylor not sure what though

It seems that a lot of you live next door to your parents or in laws, thats great but I could never do it lol. My mom for instance would want us to do everything for her even though she is perfectly capable herself, but then on the other hand if they lived next door I wouldnt have to worry about wild parties lol.

Penny - What an adorable picture of Andrew. You are in my thoughts girly Keep your head up!

Leigh - Glad you did so well on WW day one!! Keep up the good work!

Crystal - Funny you ask about the neighbors lol they are driving me absolutely nuts. No parties since the last one since they were given a citation for disturbing the peace, but yesterday one of them was speeding up and down the street on a motorcycle, I mean speeding fast, and I was just so ticked off cuz what if a child had been playing outside, and besides that I live in a school zone ugghh I just want them gone lol I'll leave it at that.

Jackie - I understand how big a step it is just to hop on that scale!! I'm sure you'll do great once you get in the groove.

Ok guys I gotta get going Teagan is really eyeballing the bowl of oatmeal and pears I have for her lol I'll talk to you all a little later.

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:34 AM   #23  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Hey Michelle, I am thinking we both should consider posting on the scale addicts anonymous thread, too.(j/k, lol!) I weigh myself often, more than once a day. But I feel it helps me not to slip up as much. I don't think it is such a bad thing, but I see so many saying it is. Am I just in denial???? Congrats on your 20! I am ready for 25, and trying so hard not to let this difficult time with DH mess me up. It ain't easy! I wish I was in a 36 bra, but I know my DH doesn't! I don't seem to be losing any of my chest, darn it!!

Spryng, I have gone from a size 20 to a 16 since I started on this little journey. I carry so much of my weight right in my midsection that my pants are all big in my legs. My waist is even smaller than a 16.

Penny, My prayers are with you today.

Crystal, What a nice DH, wish I had one!! LOL! WTG on getting that exercise in! Don't stop now, you are on a roll.

Leigh, Glad the WW is going to work for you! Sorry your friends might move. That's always hard.

Well, gotta get housework done, so I'll be back soon! Well, maybe this afternoon.

Love to all!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:37 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Wow, so many posts already!
Ginny??? Ginny where are you? I'm missing you!!! Hope you are doing fine!
Michelle, congrats on another lb down!!! are you still weighing yourself everyday! LOL. Addicting huh? But you are doing great! I couldn't live right next door to my family or my in-laws. My in-laws live about 15 minutes from me. So I don't see them much unless we go to their house, they never come over to ours. (even though they know they are welcome) and my family lives in oklahoma. Have fun with your project with Taylor today!
Penny I'll be thinking about you today and Andrew's test. Will you get the results today? We are here for you!
Leigh, so sorry that your friends may be moving away. Hey but just think, it will give you a great excuse to visit Florida!!! So glad you are liking WW so far. I really think it fits in great with real life. And if you have an Applebees near you they have 10 new WW items on their menu now! Dh and I are planning to go try some this friday. They have 8 entrees and 2 desserts. Looks great too. I'm sure I can find you some good recipes. I would recommend you subscribing to the ww magazine, they have great recipes and stories or cookinglight magazine. If you subscribe to cookinglight you also get free access to their website and they have WONDEFUL recipes!!! I just love it. But it's just an idea. Also, you can go to weightwatchers.com and click on community and under that you will see community recipe swap and those are free recipes too. And if you ever want to eat out here is a great site to visit before you go to see what you can order and how many pts are in it http://www.dottisweightlosszone.com/restaurants.html And I don't eat my activity pts. I don't know why. I just never have. But that may change when I start my new workout. (whenever it gets here, lol) And you are right about the ebay thing you told Misty. I forgot that if you don't give them your regular email account (the one that came with your internet service) then you have to give them your credit card info. I forgot all about that since I use my regular email with ebay. They really are a safe site. Don't you think?
Crystal, so glad you got a good nights sleep. I know some people run great on 6 hours but I am not one of them. I have to have a minimum of 8 hrs or I'm a walking zombie all day. When I was younger I had to have a minimum of 10-12 hrs, can you believe that??? I just required so much sleep. So it has gotten better, lol. And that was so nice of your DH!!! I knew he was a good guy
Jackie, congrats on getting brave and getting on that scale!!! When will your official WI day be? I know you will have a good loss this week. And take it easy with your back. I don't know if you remember my DH's back problems but it went from a ruptured disk to a herniated one in no time and he required intensive surgery. So follow docs orders. Plus once you get some weight off it will help your back too. Dh's doc really wanted him to lose weight because he still has one bulging disk and he put it off until now, and lately he's been having back pain again, so it is overdue for him to follow docs orders now. And I have a Kodak Easyshare digital camera that I just love. It's a 3.2 MP and takes great pictures. I got mine on sale for 100 bucks. You could probably get one online pretty reasonable. I never thought I'd want a digital camera and now I never use my 35 mm anymore! And it's a 400 dollar camera! But with the digital I can take the pictures, upload them, editi them, crop them etc, before I get them printed off so I don't get bad photos anymore. Like with a regular camera you get what you get, you know? Hope you find one soon! They are nice to have.

Well, today I'm going to work in my zones for while (it's the bathroom and one extra room this week) so I'm going to work in my bathroom and my laundry room this week. Is anyone else still doing flylady?? But that is about it. We are about to get some storms so I won't be venturing out today. So I guess I'll get off here and start my morning routine. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:41 AM   #25  

Cindi, you snuck in on me! I don't think weighing often is a bad thing unless you let it control your emotions. You know? There are weeks I hop on the scale everyday just to peek and see how I am doing, and others I'm not interested until my official WI day. But as long as you know your body flucuates constantly, hour to hour, day to day, then you will be fine. My pants do the same thing. In the wasit I can be a size smaller probably, but my hips keep me in a 10. Wide hips I guess, ugh. LOL But I know they can get smaller with exercise, I just need to DO it.
Oh I wanted to mention earlier that I won't be weighing in this friday. Since DH is coming in and he wants to WI on sat so I'll wait and WI with him. So saturday will be my WI day this week. Ok, need to go! TTYL!
Old 05-18-2004, 10:43 AM   #26  
2BoysMom

Leigh..Liam is gorgeous! Penny...Andrew is adorable...good luck with the tests today!

I gotta get going quick again!! Have been down here about an hour betw exercising and reading posts!!! Need to grocery shop today. I'll post tonight after Dh goes to work I promise!!

Spryng, I think I'll call you tonight at around 9:30 if that's a good time??? Let me know!

Hi to everyone else!!!!! I miss talking to you all!

TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:09 AM   #27  
Walking away the weight

Default Busy Bees!

Ya'll are posting a lot - that's fun!
I'm still doing well with WW today. Thanks toeveryone for all the help and encouragement with WW, advice on points, website links, etc. It feels great to be so supported.

Michelle: 20lb mark!! Way to go!!!!

Cindi - I also wonder if I'll see a change in my chest - I'm huge since having DS

Spryng - I'm totally like you with sleep. 7 hours sleep I can get by, but feel tired. I do best with 8+. Even as a child I slept a lot . . . lucky for my mother Yeah, I've never had a complaint about ebay. I've even sold stuff on there from time to time. Thanks for all the advice! It truly helps. I'm still doing flylady, though took a brief break when my mother was visiting. I'm totally on top of laundry right now and everything is clean!
Old 05-18-2004, 11:14 AM   #28  
Walking away the weight

Thank you, Geri!
Old 05-18-2004, 11:21 AM   #29  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Spryng, I seem to be continually doing the crisis cleaning portion of Flylady these days. I have the mindset that I deserve a day off if I kill myself cleaning, I DO realize that's not working for me AT ALL!! Today the man we are buying this house from(lease purchase) is coming and I am trying to make it look nice before he does, UGH! If I was doing it right, this would not be necessary. I am the type of person that can get so sidetracked and off course with any change in my schedule at all. I wish I could somehow change that. But I don't know how.

Off to clean the bathroom now! Be back when I break a sweat again!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:43 AM   #30  

Hi again!!
Geri I would love it if you called me tonight!! I almost called you last night Have fun grocery shopping!
Leigh, have a great day with WW today! What is for dinner? I'm making soft tacos tonight. Quick and easy and very filling. (I use boca crumbles to save pts)
Cindi, you sound overwhelmed! Remember, just 15 min in your zone and take breaks! Have a great day!
Well my Saving Dinner book came in today! (she is part of the flylady team there) So I am excited to start with her recipes next week. She gives you a year's worth of menus (including sides which I always have a hard time figuring out what to make on the side) with grocery lists etc and they are all healthy things. So I'll have something to sit and read later. But now I really need to get my morning routine going, lol. I got dressed and my bed made and one load of laundry going, now I need to unload my dishwasher and work 15 min in my zone. TTYL!!!